15+ Year Old Account
    I went to the re 1 page because i thought they said you could just buy the classic games outright but it only gave me ps+ upgrade button. No thanks, sony

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I literally did prove it though? There is no "trying". You came here thinking you caught me with egg on my face but didn't even bother to look up the actual press release of the announcement which clearly says P5R is coming to PS5. You put the egg on your own face dude, sorry.
    All you proved was that the info you added to your post was correct, not that you replied about this info that wasn't even mentioned. Yes, you got me. I do admit that your added info was correct but that was not the point of my reply, nor the original post that you replied to. Unlike you though I will admit when I have been wrong or made a mistake. That's something you have likely never done. I don't go out of my way to try and google stuff to add to a conversation string. I reply with my own knowledge and/or opinion to the topic at hand. Your self importance probably won’t allow you to follow a string of thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    I went to the re 1 page because i thought they said you could just buy the classic games outright but it only gave me ps+ upgrade button. No thanks, sony
    I think it was if you already owned them from PS3/PSP/Vita then you can download them, but not individually buy them. Kind of stupid either way though since its free money to let people buy them as they're already on their download servers.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think it was if you already owned them from PS3/PSP/Vita then you can download them, but not individually buy them. Kind of stupid either way though since its free money to let people buy them as they're already on their download servers.
    I do own it on ps3/vita. Ill try it on my ps5 when i get home but i aint holding my breath

I do own it on ps3/vita. Ill try it on my ps5 when i get home but i aint holding my breath
    It's probably just being jank then since it just launched. Hopefully.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2022-06-13 at 08:27 PM.

It's only for select games probably because Sony can't force 3rd parties to make a title available for individual purchase.

Question that may or may not already be answered: with the new PS Plans, are the PS3 classics downloadable? I know on Now they were strictly streaming for PS3 era. I’m assuming that hasn’t changed but holding out hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Smash Adams View Post
    Question that may or may not already be answered: with the new PS Plans, are the PS3 classics downloadable? I know on Now they were strictly streaming for PS3 era. I’m assuming that hasn’t changed but holding out hope.
    Still only streamable, no word on if there are any plans to make them downloadable.

Quote Originally Posted by Smash Adams View Post
    Not only did it not change there are some PS3 games no longer on the service that where on now before the change, like katamari.

Not only did it not change there are some PS3 games no longer on the service that where on now before the change, like katamari.
    There's probably some back end reason they had to remove them all. I'm sure many of them will get added back over time.

15+ Year Old Account
    The sub was 26 bucks so whatever maybe ill play wildarms too. Ill probably just cancel it before it renews

anyway you dweebs should play ys 8 since its on there
    Last edited by Video Games; 2022-06-14 at 12:19 AM.

I decided to try out PS3 streaming with one of the many hidden gems from that era Puppeteer and I was really impressed with the performance. I didn't encounter any technical issues during the entire first level. I'd still prefer actual backward compatibility but if the performance remains this consistent I can at least tolerate streaming for now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Decided to upgrade to the highest tier of PS Plus since it was like 9 dollars for 2 months. Kinda annoyed though. Downloaded Ape Escape 2 because it was a favorite of mine when I was a kid and I no longer have the disc on PS2 but the game has some terrible graphical glitches on PS5. It's technically playable but pretty disappointing that they are including classic games that don't run well on PS5.

Also booted up Dark Cloud. I remember playing the game as a kid and having 0 fucking idea what I was doing. After playing it today I definitely understand why. They don't really explain the combat to you at all and the game has weapon durability and a hydration meter. Pretty brutal off the bat, but obviously very easy for me now.

Also tried Resident Evil 5 just to try the streaming and it was.... not the best. Quality looked blurry and it was kinda laggy. I don't usually have problems playing multiplayer games and streaming Netflix and shit, but apparently my internet isn't good enough for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Also tried Resident Evil 5 just to try the streaming and it was.... not the best.
    To be slightly fair the PS3 version ran like ass anyway. Best to just play the PS4 Remaster, I think its part of the sub as well.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Yeah be careful with multiplatform ps3 games, they were notorious for often being worse than the 360 version. Skyrim was unplayable for years and I'm not sure if they ever managed to fix it.

Just realized you can stream every game in the catalog, that's actually pretty convenient.

Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    Yeah be careful with multiplatform ps3 games, they were notorious for often being worse than the 360 version. Skyrim was unplayable for years and I'm not sure if they ever managed to fix it.

Just realized you can stream every game in the catalog, that's actually pretty convenient.
    The only multiplatform games that where better on PS3 IIRC was the FF13 trilogy because crystal tools was built to run on PS3 and was shit on 360, also storage space issues with the first game and Max Payne 3 and GTA5. Rockstar some time between RDR and MP3 fixed their engine on PS3 and got it running slightly better than on 360.

Almost everything else was always better on 360 I think...

Most of these games either have remasters, pc versions or xbox enhanced BC at this point so there aren't many situations where it's even worthwhile playing them on PS3/360. Just the PS3 exclusives are key.

- - - Updated - - -

Just noticed Afrika is on the service. I don't think it was on PS Now and it also didn't have a digital version so that is kind of nice. Maybe they can get folklore on it now as well? That game has similar circumstances and has blown the fuck up in price due to being physical only.

15+ Year Old Account
    I checked out ps3 too and there wasn't any lag and only 1 hiccup but, they looked like 540p messes. Big yikes. Lot of weeb games which is nice but they took away eternal sonata
    Last edited by Video Games; 2022-06-14 at 04:56 AM.

A listing for Tactics Ogre Reborn was briefly seen on the Playstation store. It contained two brand new pieces of art, a new cover, and a piece that depicted a scene from the beginning of the game. Perhaps the game is getting another remake?

Unfortunately they are 540p messes lol, well some are 720p but so many PS3 games didn't even hit 720p. They're running on native PS3 hardware on cell server blades. Speaking of which those things aren't gonna last forever, and new cells aren't being made so eventually Sony has to figure out a native solution for the PS3 games if they want them to be a part of the service for years and years down the line.

15+ Year Old Account
    Unfortunately they are 540p messes lol, well some are 720p but so many PS3 games didn't even hit 720p. They're running on native PS3 hardware on cell server blades. Speaking of which those things aren't gonna last forever, and new cells aren't being made so eventually Sony has to figure out a native solution for the PS3 games if they want them to be a part of the service for years and years down the line.
    I mean I put on atelier shallie and you couldn't even see the twilight effect on the inside of her hair I know you could on native hardware cause I would stare at it because its pretty. Resistance 3 was pretty close to 480 too
    Last edited by Video Games; 2022-06-14 at 05:33 AM.