Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Too bad it's Persona 3 Portable tho. Well, not that FES would've been better. Game fucking finally needs a definitive edition. Combine them, because each version lacks the content of the other. All that FES with the female protag would need to change, is all mentioning of "he/him" be replaced with "she/her" and replace the character model.
    It's just dumb that when you play either Portable or FES, you're missing out on content. It makes sense why Portable had the visual novel style movement, but why bring THAT to modern systems?

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Finally p3 can break free from the psp

Overall awful confrence but its xbox so not surprising
    There are two types of people, those that like that weeb game and those that enjoyed the Xbox conference.

Quote Originally Posted by Soikona View Post
    There are two types of people, those that like that weeb game and those that enjoyed the Xbox conference.
    I'm both. Absolutely stoked that Persona is coming to the Xbox, and I liked the conference, all but Starfield really..

I am 99% sure that this is the conversation they had

"Guys, guys. We had Obsidian make a good S/F rpg, now I know they are actually competent developers. But how can we copy paste it without it being obvious?"
    "Well, what if we take out all the humour, atmosphere, tone, etc"
    "Just like we did with Fallout 4, 76?"
    "Jep!"

System Shock looks pretty good.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soikona View Post
    I mean I used to like western games on ps2/gamecube when they focused on gameplay and fun stories but now they're just all cooperate sanitized playtested MUH SUPER SERIOUS STORY AND VIOLENCE garbage that I cant tell any difference from anymore. I would have liked a crimson skies, but nooo can't have anything fun anymore

Soul Hackers 2...anyone? Atlus! Shin Megami Tensei vibes...im pretty sure i saw some demons from the shin megami series in trailer too.
    I have no idea what this series is about though.

Pal World looks stupid but I am interested. Monster catching is one of my favorite game mechanics. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Monster catching is one of my favorite game mechanics.
    I'm going to assume you've played the first ni no kuni, as you seem to have played a ton of games, but on the off chance you haven't, you might look into it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Quote Originally Posted by Roanda View Post
    Soul Hackers 2...anyone? Atlus! Shin Megami Tensei vibes...im pretty sure i saw some demons from the shin megami series in trailer too.
    I have no idea what this series is about though.
    Soul Hackers in the devil summoner franchise... which is a spinoff of SMT yes. They just dropped the unnecessary wording from title as "Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers" is a fucking mouthful and yes that was the official name of the first game in the west lol...

But wait its even worse if you thought that was a long name!

Jesus, thank the lord Atlus stopped adding this garbage to their game titles.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shakzor View Post
    Too bad it's Persona 3 Portable tho. Well, not that FES would've been better. Game fucking finally needs a definitive edition. Combine them, because each version lacks the content of the other. All that FES with the female protag would need to change, is all mentioning of "he/him" be replaced with "she/her" and replace the character model.
    It's just dumb that when you play either Portable or FES, you're missing out on content. It makes sense why Portable had the visual novel style movement, but why bring THAT to modern systems?
    They would need to redo some of the animated cutscenes that have the male protag, and they would have to make a younger yukiko model to put in the game when you visit Inaba on female MC path. They'd also need to make a model of Vincent from Catherine since his first appearance was in P3P and hes just a 2D sprite at the bar and there is no model of him in FES. Also need 3D models of Rio and Saori as neither exist in FES. Also the dialogue is way different for female MC its not just changing to she/her, she has a completely different set of social links and can romance Aki and Shinji but this is a very minor deal since they can just copy script from P3P and already have 3D models of these characters to add to whatever place the social links are happening. Saori and Rio would be the more complicated social links to add since they didn't exist but still can't be that hard to make some PS2 era models.

You're right though that it can't be that much work and they just went with the easiest route possible. The VN style of P3P is not made for large displays and its gonna be horrible to play on them.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2022-06-13 at 08:17 PM.

@Tech614

Bruh
    I have that game right here in a Playstation 2 case The one from the image you posted
    Never ended up enjoying that one...all my love went to Lucifer's Call and looking at Lucifers Call...i think i was just a loner sad kid to actually be able to enjoy it.
    I would never enjoy it today

Pal World looks stupid but I am interested. Monster catching is one of my favorite game mechanics. LOL

Oh right, the game from the Craftopia folks that's like...Pokemon but you have a rocket launch and can give Pikachu a Glock.

I've heard good things about their games overall, though they are a bit lacking in direction, but this looks dumb enough to be way up my alley.

The adorably angry sheep at the line of .30 cal's got me.

15+ Year Old Account
    Sooo Palworld isn't Pokémon 2.0? Shame.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why has no one here bothered to show me this? Shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Advent View Post
    Sooo Palworld isn't Pokémon 2.0? Shame.
    No, it's the devs just randomly throwing stock stuff together and call it a day. Their previous is the same. Just meshed not fitting stuff together and made people think "look, a BotW inspired game!" and then just abandoned it.

Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    Why has no one here bothered to show me this? Shame.
    Hollow Knight is decent. But if you haven't played it; check out Ori & the Blind Forest and Ori & the Will of the Wisps.

Phenomenal games, IMO.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hollow Knight is decent. But if you haven't played it; check out Ori & the Blind Forest and Ori & the Will of the Wisps.
    Played both. While they were great, I don't think they could hold a candle to the masterpiece that was Hollow Knight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Played both. While they were great, I don't think they could hold a candle to the masterpiece that was Hollow Knight.
    Depends on what you like. I personally enjoyed the Ori games much more than Hollow Knight.

I've gotten older, and I really have no patience for cryptic games. I enjoy the game play combat wise, but i'm not into games that leave me wondering where I need to go next. It just frustrates me. lol.

I have no problem admitting that I cheated my way through Hollow Knight. Not because it was "too hard" but I really didn't feel like spending so much time running around trying to figure out where to go next.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

lot of space horror games announced this year. which I'm glad, I don't need to see whatever the hell is going on over at EA with that Dead Space remake...

15+ Year Old Account
    I have played trillions of metroidvanias and hk was the most boring. Ive tried 3 seprate times to get past 2 hours without falling asleep but i just couldnt do it. Sotn and zero mission still reign supreme