Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    One of two things is going to happen:

Scenario A: DOA. Nobody rolls there and the servers are ghost towns
    Scenario B: Boom, followed by a mass influx after the 90 days is up of that dreaded PURCHASED GOLD and everything goes to shit.

My money's on A
    I highly doubt they are going to be ghost towns for the first few months. Wrath of the Lich King is Classic WoW at its peak. All the people I know that dipped their toes in Classic Vanilla er coming back for Wrath of the Lich King. Most of them had zero interest in TBC: Classic. And most of them would prefer a fresh server as they don't have any level 70 characters to move over to WotLK: Classic and they prefer to play with a new wave of people from level 1 instead of paying for a level 68 character boost.

But unless Blizzard walks back on this whole 90-day thing I suspect a lot of potential fresh players will be rather sceptical. There is no real point in having a fresh server if it's going to get a huge influx of character transfers and boosters after the 90-day mark. This is just making things very uncomfortable, as people considering joining a fresh server have no clue what's going to happen to the server once it hits the 90-day mark. That's a lot of time and effort put into a fresh server only to have it all go mayhem after 90-days.

Blizzard will also have a hard time balancing this. How are they going to deal with the number of fresh servers? Only 1x PvP and 1x PvE server in all regions? That sounds like the best idea, considering how easily the servers might end up deserted if they open too many. But the influx of players the first few weeks might be way too high for this to work creating another Vanilla Classic scenario with queues going for 10 hours+ making a lot of players leave the fresh servers before they even got started.

Quote Originally Posted by Knight Meta View Post
    Oh it is true that the lack of either or would be the solution. But most people try to make it seem like (As you did by leaving out half my comment) that the buyers were the instigators in this mess of a situation, which they were not. The buyers sellers began the problem and they are the ones providing the service so if they all were to vanish over night or have their activities be deemed bannable; then the buyers would be shit out of luck as sure they would be there but they would have had no product to purchase and thus - Would have died out in the same way.
    I think you mean sellers as edited above?
    Last edited by Hawg; 2022-06-14 at 12:59 PM. Reason: added highlight

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    You want a fresh start for 90 days only? Why?
    what do people on other realms that came from tbc have after 90 damn days???? WHAT?

Quote Originally Posted by RamGuy View Post
    I highly doubt they are going to be ghost towns for the first few months. Wrath of the Lich King is Classic WoW at its peak. All the people I know that dipped their toes in Classic Vanilla er coming back for Wrath of the Lich King. Most of them had zero interest in TBC: Classic. And most of them would prefer a fresh server as they don't have any level 70 characters to move over to WotLK: Classic and they prefer to play with a new wave of people from level 1 instead of paying for a level 68 character boost.

But unless Blizzard walks back on this whole 90-day thing I suspect a lot of potential fresh players will be rather sceptical. There is no real point in having a fresh server if it's going to get a huge influx of character transfers and boosters after the 90-day mark. This is just making things very uncomfortable, as people considering joining a fresh server have no clue what's going to happen to the server once it hits the 90-day mark. That's a lot of time and effort put into a fresh server only to have it all go mayhem after 90-days.

Blizzard will also have a hard time balancing this. How are they going to deal with the number of fresh servers? Only 1x PvP and 1x PvE server in all regions? That sounds like the best idea, considering how easily the servers might end up deserted if they open too many. But the influx of players the first few weeks might be way too high for this to work creating another Vanilla Classic scenario with queues going for 10 hours+ making a lot of players leave the fresh servers before they even got started.
    The vast majority of the people that waited for Wrath Classic are going to leave within a couple of weeks anyway, just like the people who waiting for TBC Classic left quickly. The truth is that the people that stick around and play Classic are people that like old school MMOs, not retail players who want to relive their glory days and bathe in nostalgia. Nostalgia wears off quickly. That's why Classic is being focused on what old school MMO players want, not what the nostalgists want (like no Dungeon Finder).
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    The vast majority of the people that waited for Wrath Classic are going to leave within a couple of weeks anyway, just like the people who waiting for TBC Classic left quickly. The truth is that the people that stick around and play Classic are people that like old school MMOs, not retail players who want to relive their glory days and bathe in nostalgia. Nostalgia wears off quickly. That's why Classic is being focused on what old school MMO players want, not what the nostalgists want (like no Dungeon Finder).
    Those players wouldn't really need character transfers or boosts after 90-days, would they? I fully get what you are saying, and I think you have a fair point. I'm one that is Classic-only ever since the release of Vanilla Classic and nothing in retail has tempted me to go back to retail. Still, I prefer a fresh server, but only if they don't mess it up 90-days later with transfers and boosts. The boosts will most likely not affect the community much, but it will introduce a ton of bots. I would argue 90-days is too soon for boosts anyways. Levelling from 1 to 80 is going to take a while, especially for casual players. Feels stupid to have boosts introduced before even the most casual player on these fresh servers have been able to reach max level. It's a fresh server after all. Transfers will for sure destroy the server in one way or the other and just makes the whole point with a fresh server seem rather pointless. It also opens up for players to keep on playing on their existing server, getting to level 80, getting geared and a ton of Gold and then just transferring to a fresh server where they'll basically become the richest and best-geared player on the entire server. Feels utterly stupid to open up for something like this.

I understand there is a lot of money for Blizzard in this. The paid transfer is printing free money. It's still utterly stupid to have such services on a fresh server. If they feel the need to offer paid transfers, every character that gets transferred should have some very strict limitations of what items, gear and Gold they can take with them to not completely obfuscate the current status of the server they are transferring to.

I still play regularly TBC classic and I still want dungeon finder, its too much time lost looking for people.

I also want classic only extra patches, like in wrath, more lore quest chains (even extra dungeons) Ulduar, New Hearthglen, Howling Fjord and so on.

More servers for the locusts to power level through, wreck the economy and then abandon because it's not fresh anymore.

I played classic, skipped tbc classic… if they remove the transfers-after-90-days I may well give wrath another go…

- - - Updated - - -

The more I think about it, the more I think people transferring in after 90 days won’t have THAT much impact…

You can only transfer a limited amount of gold. The rest has to be converted to goods to transfer. The conversion rate would be absolutely abysmal though…

You’re buying the goods on a server with huge inflation, so the “item” costs 1000g a piece there. You then transfer to the new server without the huge inflation, and the price of that same thing is only 200g there. You’ve just cut your gold reserves by 80%.

On top of that, because you’re flooding the market, the price will drop so the 80% cut to gold may well become like 90%…

I think the best way from Blizzard to word the isoation process of these fresh realms is

"We will initially keep these realms isolated. We will continously evaluate if these realms have a healthy population and change restrictions to server transfer in/out of the realms accordingly".

That's all they have to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Knight Meta View Post
    Oh it is true that the lack of either or would be the solution. But most people try to make it seem like (As you did by leaving out half my comment) that the buyers were the instigators in this mess of a situation, which they were not. The buyers began the problem and they are the ones providing the service so if they all were to vanish over night or have their activities be deemed bannable; then the buyers would be shit out of luck as sure they would be there but they would have had no product to purchase and thus - Would have died out in the same way.
    Im assuming you meant sellers, not buyers. But your entire argument works EXACTLY the same if you say no buyers, or if buying was against the rules. Neither can exist without the other. Your argument boils down to "well back in vanilla, some guy asked another guy for 5g to run the dungeon because he was undergeared, and that caused this entire mess". But like i said, the EXACT same thing can be said with buyers - "some guy back in vanilla paid 5g for a dungeon run because he was undergeared and that started this whole thing".
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Then they would miss out on all that $$$ from transfers to the realm, and then transfers off the realm once people got sick of it. The Blizzard that cared about its player base has gone away and you won't find any remnant of them in their offices.

I don't see the point of a new fresh server if you can transfer in 3 months
    You will probably be able to boost a character

10+ Year Old Account
    C'mon don't allow character transfers to the fresh start servers ever. in 90 days those will be again fucked up by p2w players and rich guilds. Economy will be again ruined with stupid high prices. Also boost service offerings in trade/world chat etc should be bannable.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    "Left Behind"

Wut

"Even Playing Field"

Wut Wut

I'm sorry that's what an EXPANSION LAUNCH is for. To even out the playing field for the people that were late to the party for Vanilla:C or TBC:C

Nobody is going to willingly give up ~4 years of Progression just because "I WANT F R E S H ! ! !". I'm not giving up my completely legitimately gotten gold and gear that I got by boosting people in Stratholme and GDKPs, and im pretty sure nobody else will.

in before "but I wanted it" and that's good. Enjoy playing with the COMMUNITY
    This is a good thing for new commers to classic.

Literally none will be able to catch up with a 200K gold deficit and absurd amounts of GDKP real life money. Most people who´d join at this stage are probably a bit mroe on the casual spectrum too, so it is a fair chance for them to be equal and not surounded by cheaters and bots making it impossible to play the economic side of the game

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    what do people on other realms that came from tbc have after 90 damn days???? WHAT?
    What's wrong with you? Poor daddy Blizzard being too criticized?

Gold is the (obvious) answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    What's wrong with you? Poor daddy Blizzard being too criticized?

Gold is the (obvious) answer.
    there are more and better ways of making gold in wrath,if after 90 days someone from tbc has more than you,you havent been trying,im not defending blizzard here,i just dont see how this can affect someone as much as people think

That's true for many people but have you been to any high pop tbc realms? There are still TONS of people that prefer the older style of WoW and they are very active.

Quote Originally Posted by panda040 View Post
    That's true for many people but have you been to any high pop tbc realms? There are still TONS of people that prefer the older style of WoW and they are very active.
    I think you misunderstood my post. That’s exactly what I was saying.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

I think you misunderstood my post. That’s exactly what I was saying.
    ah my mistake

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    there are more and better ways of making gold in wrath,if after 90 days someone from tbc has more than you,you havent been trying,im not defending blizzard here,i just dont see how this can affect someone as much as people think
    You're gonna get gold cap several times over in 90 days you mean? Otherwise you're full of shit.