Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Who got unbanned? And was their removal from the ban list actually because of Musk potentially buying Twitter, or because their bans simply ended?
    I would guess the unbans are as accurate as the 25% bot-number.

I find it kind of ironic that people post stories that don't check out, and complain that bots are the problem; as if real verified account cannot mislead and deceive as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Funny considering Twitter admins worked pretty fast to unban a lot of really popular accounts in the wake of his bid to buy the company, likely in hopes that they'd get more active engagement from real people rather than bots, no doubt to try and fudge the numbers as to what their active user account numbers actually are.

If Twitter didn't have such a potentially large number of active bot accounts, they wouldn't need to try and fudge the numbers. Considering the amount of spam, whether it be catfishing accounts pretending e-girls and other internet celebrities trying to scam people or fake ass cryptobro accounts spamming people, 25% is realistic.
    Not a single account that was banned, was unbanned. People made new accounts, thinking they could because Musk was going to buy Twitter, they got promptly banned right away again.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    We know it wasn’t Trump or Mike Pillow.
    Mike Lindell made a new account, saying he was unbanned, but he was banned 3 hours after making the account.

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    Not a single account that was banned, was unbanned. People made new accounts, thinking they could because Musk was going to buy Twitter, they got promptly banned right away again.
    Not entirely accurate.

Who got unbanned? And was their removal from the ban list actually because of Musk potentially buying Twitter, or because their bans simply ended?
    No one who didn't remove the tweets they were told to remove for their ban to be lifted. Mr tiny face was one. Gotta remember, a lot of the bans are essentially performative. The only reason a lot of people are still banned is because they don't delete the tweets twitter insists they get rid of before reinstating their account.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Funny considering Twitter admins worked pretty fast to unban a lot of really popular accounts in the wake of his bid to buy the company, likely in hopes that they'd get more active engagement from real people rather than bots, no doubt to try and fudge the numbers as to what their active user account numbers actually are.

If Twitter didn't have such a potentially large number of active bot accounts, they wouldn't need to try and fudge the numbers. Considering the amount of spam, whether it be catfishing accounts pretending e-girls and other internet celebrities trying to scam people or fake ass cryptobro accounts spamming people, 25% is realistic.
    I don't see proof of any of this again Musk "genius" business man that he is knew this was publicly available information. He stated that he would get rid of all the bots on twitter and again he waived his right to due diligence which would have given him all the internal data he needed. There's no scheme by twitter here just Musk being a bumbling idiot.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    It's adorable you think one lawsuit somehow proves all your misguided perceptions. Trump sued because "the election was a fraud" - how did that go? No amount of your reality denial will ever take away from the unbridled and objective success that is SpaceX. It's really curious that you, and others like you, can't be objective about the reality of the situation, and even more so, seem unable to change your opinions based on new information and arguments.

However, to your slightly misguided point, seeing this suit come forward and reported in the news, didn't entirely surprise me. I'll be curious to see the voracity of the claims, and especially how far it goes. But Musk is easily an amateur stock manipulator, having almost gone pro with this Tesla fine. Will be interesting to see how it plays out.
    Not going to argue over the success of SpaceX or whatever but these lawsuits hardly ever go anywhere. It's really difficult to prove intent and fallout there's also the fact that especially the crypto part is unregulated. Musk is a stock manipulator we don't know if he is "amateur" or not because we don't know what kind of options trading he does which can be obscured through dark pools among other things. That's the thing when you have that much money and resources you can get away with a lot especially since trading laws have more holes then Swiss cheese.

I want to know who it is!

I mean, Lindell was back on Twitter for a hot second...because he was circumventing his ban and was banned as soon as Twitter was made aware of the account.
    And just guessing but allowing those right-wing grifters back on your platform will probably increase the number of bots.
    Most people (worldwide) don't believe the stupid propaganda that the likes of Lindell, Trump and Jones put out. American politics is unique in that way that even the worst people in other countries are not as bad/stupid as one of those above.

It's good to see Musk fostering Freeze Peach within his companies, with a mission to protect the First Amendment rights of his employees no matter what they say.

But hey, if Musk is willing to chase out good talent to feed his inflated ego, let's see how that works out for his companies in the longrun.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    It's good to see Musk fostering Freeze Peach within his companies, with a mission to protect the First Amendment rights of his employees no matter what they say.

But hey, if Musk is willing to chase out good talent to feed his inflated ego, let's see how that works out for his companies in the longrun.
    That kind of reaction by Musk is perhaps the worst possible. Culling his top talent is going to affect company performances across the board. He seems to continue sliding down the insanity scale.

(side note - love that it's called Freeze Peach)

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah...just not good.

And worse, the objective wild success of SpaceX is going to be tarnished by this more and more. I sincerely hope there is some way for the sane to wrench control away, but I also seriously doubt it can be done, considering it's still a privately traded company. And going public would just give Musk that much more money.

That kind of reaction by Musk is perhaps the worst possible. Culling his top talent is going to affect company performances across the board. He seems to continue sliding down the insanity scale.

(side note - love that it's called Freeze Peach)
    It's Freeze Peach to the people that shriek loudly about it yet never actually give a shit about it because they're hypocritical pieces of shit.

He's a "Freeze Peach Absolutist" apparently...just not for employees within his companies which...isn't so absolute?

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    It's Freeze Peach to the people that shriek loudly about it yet never actually give a shit about it because they're hypocritical pieces of shit.

He's a "Freeze Peach Absolutist" apparently...just not for employees within his companies which...isn't so absolute?
    I love that phrase even more. So, basically, the entire GQP are Freeze Peaches?

10+ Year Old Account
    I love that phrase even more. So, basically, the entire GQP are Freeze Peaches?
    It's been said by others, but I'll repeat it here;

Conservative ideologies in general, and Republican ideology specifically, boils down to only two maxims, once you scrape the surface. Literally only two. Everything else is just a specific example of those two. Those principles are as follows;

1> We get to tell everyone else what to do.
    2> No one gets to tell us what to do.

That's it. That's the entirety of conservativism summed up.

That's why the "freeze peach" crowd will simultaneously rage against anything that limits their capacity to reach any audience, without any considerations for private property or other people's rights (they get to tell you to not limit their speech, while you don't get to tell them their speech is unwanted), while simultaneously and gleefully banning "liberals" or whatever off any platforms they can (they get to tell you to fuck off and shut up, obviously, and you don't get to tell them it's "unfair" or "unjustified").

There's no hypocrisy, once you understand the true core principles at play.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post

Conservative ideologies in general, and Republican ideology specifically, boils down to only two maxims, once you scrape the surface. Literally only two. Everything else is just a specific example of those two. Those principles are as follows;

That's why the "freeze peach" crowd will simultaneously rage against anything that limits their capacity to reach any audience, without any considerations for private property or other people's rights (they get to tell you to not limit their speech, while you don't get to tell them their speech is unwanted), while simultaneously and gleefully banning "liberals" or whatever off any platforms they can (they get to tell you to fuck off and shut up, obviously, and you don't get to tell them it's "unfair" or "unjustified").

That's so frighteningly accurate and so clearly describes the current embodiment of the GQP that I don't even want to consider how bad this is going to get. DeSantis seems to be ready to go, in taking Trump's place as the Populist's nominee and despot.

didn't he just fire a bunch of people doing the old free speech thing at his companies?
    Funny how he wants complete "free speech" at a private company as long as it's not one of his companies and/or they are not talking about him?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...red-elon-musk/
    https://mashable.com/article/spacex-...lon-musk-fired

SpaceX employees have denounced Elon Musk's behavior in an open letter sent within an internal company chat system. A day after the release of the document, SpaceX reportedly fired several employees who helped in its distribution.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post

I mean this is basically just fascism. Trying to strong arm people into not talking, then complaining and crying when someone does the same to them. It falls back on the entire notion of "Fuck you I got mine" and the "Strong man" archetype. The guy who talks shit to everyone who's not his friend, cheats his way to the top, etc. People like that are revered. People who honestly earn large amounts of money? Frauds.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Elon Musk supports the Homophobic Bigot Trumper Ron DeSantis.

yet even more proof that Elon was virtue signaling LGBT rights.

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1536976484446904320
    Last edited by szechuan; 2022-06-18 at 06:36 PM.
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah...just not good.

And worse, the objective wild success of SpaceX is going to be tarnished by this more and more. I sincerely hope there is some way for the sane to wrench control away, but I also seriously doubt it can be done, considering it's still a privately traded company. And going public would just give Musk that much more money.
    Sure, but this shouldn't be surprising. People seem to forget that Musk originally sued Tesla to be named as a cofounder, while only being an early investor, and even went on to forcibly remove and subsequently slander one of the original cofounders of Tesla (Eberhard). Even to this day, Musk continues to attack Eberhard and essentially screwed the other founders.

Essentially what I'm saying is that Musk has always been a shitty person, even to people who he was working with, so why is it unexpected that he would be more shitty to his employees?
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

I'm usually fairly suspicious of anyone whose own kids want nothing to do with them.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm usually fairly suspicious of anyone whose own kids want nothing to do with them.
    Musk probably did a number on that kid, turning transgender and all.

Hmm? Just saw this news, which makes add to Elon being more of a piece bleep. Supporting people and from some of his tweets he obviously doesn't love his child. To bring his politics back around, he supports people that wouldn't want to give his child any recognition at all.

Sad part more is the piece of pig feces won't see that I'm sure this kid, well adult now at 18, had and maybe will still receive financial support. Something many transgender don't have and why they go homeless and high suicide rates.

Edit: The oh btw, is why I bring up politics in this thread was his tweets about one party getting too radical and I guess has moved away from him. On this and many other issues the one US political party with the most egregious ideals.
    Last edited by Paranoid Android; 2022-06-21 at 04:14 PM.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!