Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    I don't wanna shit up a dedicated topic by being a contrarian but I'm with Val here. I've been completely burned out on this superhero franchise getting milked for as much as humanly possible since age of ultron. For me, it's tainted by the very aggressive marketing and hyper cons00merism culture. If you don't mind that you've probably been having a very good time in the last decade orso and I hope you continue to do so. I wish some of my favorite franchises got 15% of the budget this does.
    Same, most people I know are either pretty over MCU at this point, or love everything MCU, which is why I think that the numbers have dropped for everything (minus Spiderman) lately, because more people are going into the former camp.

As for secrets wars, I would rather get to see all father Thor, but don't think we are going to see that.
    Last edited by bledgor; 2022-06-20 at 10:18 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    What version of secret Wars we talking here?

Secret Wars (1984)?
    Secret Wars (2015)?

One is a classic the other is an over bloated overly long bit of tripe.
    I mean, it's not really going to matter that much...it's not like any of the MCU films rigidly follow the story of the events they are adapting.

I mean, the only thing that the comic and film versions of Age of Ultron have in common is that they were both kinda disappointing.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

I get what Val is saying, I just think ticket sales are misleading. Nerdy folk, like myself, saw some of these movies many times.

But if you’re talking about cultural impact, you’re out of your mind if you think mcu was on par with old Star Wars or potter. Everyone I talk to has seen those movies and knows of them np. Outside of nerdy folk, most people haven’t seen more than a few mcu movies and most tapered off after ultron was meh.

I feel like a lot of fans are too invested in the movies (as fans get about anything) to see them impartially. If you think the next mcu end game is going to be a huge thing, you’re not talking to a very diverse crowd imo. Since end game, most of the marvel stuff has been meh filler. It’s going the way of Sony where they’re just pumping out content for the sake of, either content that’s simply not good or enough time (ie money) isn’t being spent to make them that good

I think the movies and the shows are opposite ends of the spectrum. The shows are boring and feel low budget. They feel like someone tried to stretch what was planned to be a movie into 6 shows.

The movies are high budget but as they reach further and further afield to find new faces, they alienate more and more of the crowd who simply don’t know who these less popular hero’s are and thus don’t care as much.

To each their own but totally aside from their cultural impact, imo the spark is gone and they’re just making b level content more often than not. I’m sure they’ll sell well enough, all boring holly wood crap does (kids always gotta go on dates or family time crap) but it’s getting harder and harder to be excited about Mcu and I was a huge fan. It’s definitely not the cool/in thing anymore
    Last edited by Maw; 2022-06-20 at 10:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    I mean, it's not really going to matter that much...it's not like any of the MCU films rigidly follow the story of the events they are adapting.

I mean, the only thing that the comic and film versions of Age of Ultron have in common is that they were both kinda disappointing.
    this is true, after all the MCU did improve on the god awful Civil War storylines.... so who knows?
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    This will possibly be the biggest cinema event of all time perhaps for decades to come when this is released. It will be very difficult to top Secret Wars since it involves nearly every single Marvel hero and villain. All will be revealed September 10th
    So, marvel version of something like this?

Secret Wars (1984)?
    Secret Wars (2015)?

One is a classic the other is an over bloated overly long bit of tripe that caused me to give up reading Marvel for 5 years lol
    Yea. I think that first issue sold the most ever. Secret Wars #1 sold 2 million copies in the US in one month.

As far as this "movie" news...probably just another cartoon spectacle.

Secret Wars (1984)?
    Secret Wars (2015)?
    First thing first there's no official confirmation the next big thing is Secret Wars and that is a weird thing coming from they guy who said , back in 2019 , the next big thing is Secret Wars and has been repeating it for all these years but this is just fan expectation and speculation.

The only thing bigger than a movie of a supergroup of heroes that have their own movies is a movie of a group of supergroups of heroes that have their own movies and thats the current direction. We are going from 2 groups, Avengers and Guardians ( and these ones didn't even interacted with the rest of the MCU until the Infinity saga) to Avengers,Guardians,Fantastic Four,Marvels, Eternals, Thunderbolts...maybe X-Men,maybe Young Avengers....

Regarding your question: they will cherrypick from the former but the main core of the story will be the latter.

Why? Because Secret Wars I and II has absolutely nothing to do with the multiverse but the anecdotal fact that the Beyonder comes from another universe through a crack that is created by an experiment Richards is working on. Apart from that 99% of the story ( putting aside the final battle of Reece and the Beyonder) happens in E616.

Marvel setting the multiverse is clear indication that incursions ( already shown in Multiverse of Madnes) are gonna be the starting point of the clash ( literally) so the "Worlds Collide/ Time runs out" sagas will be the prelude of the MCU Secret Wars and it will help doing the next big reset.

How does Secret Wars II end? Nothing happened. The multiverse is barely the same before the story started. Yeah, Spiderman has a new cool costume, Colossus and Kitty Pride are no longer a thing and there's minor consequences like this...

How does Secret Wars(2015) end? The multiverse is completely erased. Nothing exist but the battleworld. The Future Foundation recreates the multiverse ( one universe at a time) and the birth of the 7th multiverse happens.

Secret Wars I and II is the story of how Earth survived. Secret Wars (2015) is the story of how the multiverse survived. Higher stakes on one of them so I have no doubt this is the path.

If this happen we are aiming at the end of the decade ( at earliest) and by that date I suspect Marvel would be tempted to do a deep reset ( a new Tony Stark for example as risky as it may be) and nothing better for a good old reset but the destruction and remaking of the whole multiverse.

The thing that I doubt is there's gonna be just one villain on top of everyone chasing omnipotence, I doubt there will be a Thanos in this saga but several big villains competing for the throne and one finally becoming God Emperor ( Kang, Doom, maybe a Beyonder....).

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    So, marvel version of something like this?
    This is what I thought of Infinity War. 27 characters? Fuck there's a reason the group of adventurers facing a threat in a movie is usually 3,4...7 characters but never 27. That can work in the comics ( it's been working for decades) but ...in a movie?

The result is: Infinity War is one the best movies of the whole MCU. Top 5 for my taste. Despite having ,for example , just 7 minutes of Cpt. America screen time ( and that is being one of the Big Three) you don't feel any character is irrelevant.

It just works. It can totally be done. It has been done already.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    Sure

youy don't know anyone that's seen Infinity war and Endgame.

Pull the other one.
    what's Infinity War and Endgame?

/s

Is the MCU still a big cinema event ? Arent you guys bored of it yet ?

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezyah View Post
    this could be the Youtube algorithm doing its' work but I have never seen people filming inside the cinema to get audience reactions for any other movie outside the MCU. also for what it's worth over here we don't really do the whole midnight screening (which I assume is common in the USA) but the only one I've seen in the last year or so was for a MCU movie. so going off those, the hype is still strong. Coming down after the high of Infinity War/Endgame is rough but they are definitely still pulling good numbers

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    this could be the Youtube algorithm doing its' work but I have never seen people filming inside the cinema to get audience reactions for any other movie outside the MCU. also for what it's worth over here we don't really do the whole midnight screening (which I assume is common in the USA) but the only one I've seen in the last year or so was for a MCU movie. so going off those, the hype is still strong. Coming down after the high of Infinity War/Endgame is rough but they are definitely still pulling good numbers
    I mean I remember this with the star wars prequels, I remember for Revenge of the Sith 2 people going on stage 30 minutes before the movie (because everyone wanted to get there early for good seats) and having a choreographed fight with light sabers, so it has most certainly happened with movies before.
    Last edited by bledgor; 2022-06-21 at 01:25 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

I will see the movies once and call it good, they are at least worth the 2-3 hours of my time on a lazy friday night.

Secret Wars CONFIRMED Nov 7th, 2025. BOTH AVENGERS MOVIES IN THE SAME YEAR!!

May a Mod edit the title to [Movie]: Avengers Kang Dynasty/Secret Wars
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Secret Wars CONFIRMED Nov 7th, 2025. BOTH AVENGERS MOVIES IN THE SAME YEAR!!

May a Mod edit the title to [Movie]: Avengers Kang Dynasty/Secret Wars
    the interesting thing is they are kind of separate movies. I can't see how they will be connected, not in the same way IW and Endgame were. That will almost certainly change over the next year or two I suspect though

10+ Year Old Account
    I alluded to this a while ago in the main MCU thread, but I was almost certain that Kang was going to be a lead in to a larger Secret Wars plot.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    This, they've also said in interviews that the Multiverse arc is building to a showdown with Kang. He's meant to be the antagonist in Quantumania later this year, but I'll be surprised if he's a one appearance affair and ends up being just the majordomo for a bigger threat.

Which is also possible as there's also been hints to Secret Wars and Dr Doom which means that the Beyonder could be pulling all the strings here.
    We're also apparently getting Dr Doom in a post credits for Black Panther II so my theory so far is holding water.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    I alluded to this a while ago in the main MCU thread, but I was almost certain that Kang was going to be a lead in to a larger Secret Wars plot.
    maybe in the battle against Kang, he manages to kill an "Avenger" who turns out to actually be a Skrull, reverting back to their form as they die. The Skrull realise they've been outed, and Secret Wars begins

After the new Thor i think i will wait the 45 days and watch them on Disney Plus unless it is something that looks really great.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    maybe in the battle against Kang, he manages to kill an "Avenger" who turns out to actually be a Skrull, reverting back to their form as they die. The Skrull realise they've been outed, and Secret Wars begins
    Considering the part in FFH and that we're getting a Secret Invasion series, this sounds like a really plausible theory.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

These next 3 years gonna be good. And I bet Phase Seven is going to be from 2026 to 2028.

When do the X-Men finally get their own MCU movies?