Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    I've noticed that throughout my life the American Left always says they will leave the country if X happens or Y doesn't happen. They almost never do this, but they say it. It runs the gamut from merely pissing-and-moaning to threatening. I can't think of a single "conservative" who has even said this, let alone ended up doing it. Unless you count the fictitious characters contained in "Atlas Shrugged," of course. No real ones though.
    Rusty "sex tour package" Limbaugh threatened to go to Costa Rica if Obama.care passed. Costa Rica has nationalized health care but he never had the balls.

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    Rusty "sex tour package" Limbaugh threatened to go to Costa Rica if Obama.care passed. Costa Rica has nationalized health care but he never had the balls.
    he was too busy going places to get "cabbage" like the Dominican Republic.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

15+ Year Old Account
    I've noticed that throughout my life the American Left always says they will leave the country if X happens or Y doesn't happen.
    People's short term memory is awful. When Biden won all of the conservatives were crying that he'd make America a communist state and they were moving to Russia.

Same happened with "If Hillary wins" and when Obamacare passed. Hell, the entirety of Obama's presidency was Republicans crying about communism and wanting to leave.

This is why it's dumb to criticize one side for saying they're leaving the country, and you look bad for it.

But then again, you don't need much help looking bad on these forums.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Then you were paying precisely zero attention to anything when Obama was President.
    Did you expect anything else from a flat-earther?

I've noticed that throughout my life the American Left always says they will leave the country if X happens or Y doesn't happen. They almost never do this, but they say it. It runs the gamut from merely pissing-and-moaning to threatening. I can't think of a single "conservative" who has even said this, let alone ended up doing it. Unless you count the fictitious characters contained in "Atlas Shrugged," of course. No real ones though.
    My impression over the recent years has been that quite a few American "conservatives" want to live in another country. They just don't want to move.

They stated this many times, they always say their secrets out loud.

I wish they would and tank all the effin old people. I'm young enough not to worry yet . But back to old people and the people getting old not seeing that social security has been attacked by conservatives for how long? Fox News and other right wing keeps them scared enough of brown people, making everyone gay and whatever cultural war they come up with to vote against their interest. I mean seriously I don't know why seniors who think low tax cuts and deregulation is their #1 priority. That and their old asses, don't care about climate change since they "got theirs".
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    he was too busy going places to get "cabbage" like the Dominican Republic.
    I still wonder if he ever forgave his lungs for turning black on him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't think of a single "conservative" who has even said this
    You won't find that reported on your fringe right wing "news" sources you listen to.

Cause back in reality conservatives threatened to leave in droves during the Obama era.

Which you would know if you bothered with a 5 second google search instead of making some ridiculous and easily disproven statement.

Either that or I guess you wanted to flaunt your intentional ignorance? I guess that might be a thing you enjoy too?
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    You won't find that reported on our fringe right wing "news" sources you listen to.
    Okay, how about one of the far more numerous lefty ones?

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay, how about one of the far more numerous lefty ones?
    Please show your work that the left people wanting to leave the country is "far more numerous"

Especially given you thought the number of right wing ones was zero.

And lastly - why does this matter? In the slightest?
    Forum badass alert:
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    The only saving grace is that it would be really really hard for them to actually do because of how much it would directly (negatively) affect a key constituency. I think step one needs to be raise, if not eliminate, the taxable income cap on it. That would mostly, if not entirely, address the solvency. If it takes raising the eligibility age to get the votes, it's not preferable, but acceptable.
    GOP voters are serfs who are bred and raised to be subservient, no matter how much the GOPs policies are hurting them, so basically no, you're wrong, their constituency will play along no matter what. Its actually crazy, you won't even find a dog that would accept that much abuse without biting back.

I can't think of a single "conservative" who has even said this
    because Texas is right there and it would make this entire point your making look stupid.

like, for fuck sakes we can't go for more than 5 years without the governor of that state saying they want to secede.