Thread: Kindness

Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Kindness

I'm not trolling. There, that out of the way, this is my recent experience. I'm a decade into Wow, played in BC, every expac since. I always play hunter, it's the easiest with my particular issues. Brain damage. Anyway, I like collecting transmog, and with that in mind, I leveled a Lock so I could get staffs, cloth, and some of the gorgeous tier sets. I get to 50 with Dungeon finder, no problem. I go to Timewalking today, MOP, and I make it to the first boss before getting kicked. Why?? It's not Mythic. It's not progression. It's not timed, and it's not heroic. I was dpsing, granted, I'm slow, and lock is NOT my main. Or my second, or my third-but I was trying. I don't understand why this toxic behavior has to exist. I don't get why you kick someone that's trying, on a Timewalking, on a non-60. What makes these people tick? I don't get it. Feel free to enlighten me. Again. Not a troll.

my guess would be people want to get the timewalks for the reward chest done as fast as possible and deemed you not fast enough.
    No matter how relevant the post, I will stop reading after 'should of'.

But it's Tuesday, 2 hours after reset. Really??

if someone initiated a vote-to-kick, and the rest of the group agreed, then the system is working as intended.

Some people are just cunts, no other way to explain it.

A lot of players have that locust mentality where they have to do as much as they can as quickly as they can. For no good reason other than to have a leg up on someone else in the virtual space.

If it was M+, I would totally understand the idea of not wanting someone with specific restrictions that they can't help. But as you stated, it's timewalking. Unless you were AFK at the entrance, I would think it's fine to be doing 250, or 500 dps while the other dps are doing 1,000, or whatever. Who cares, it's timewalking.

I would look for a community that shares your interests. Guilds are great sure, but now with the community feature, you can join hundreds of other folks with similar backgrounds as yourself, where you won't be treated like that.

Best of luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Greyvax View Post
    if someone initiated a vote-to-kick, and the rest of the group agreed, then the system is working as intended.
    You are right in principle, but tbh most vote kicks happen, because people don't read or don't care and just click away.

Quote Originally Posted by Greyvax View Post
    We both know that is false. 100% just a troll reply. Why even bother replying if you're just going to be a dickhead. This person seemed geninune.

Quote Originally Posted by Bbrigham View Post
    I'm not trolling. There, that out of the way, this is my recent experience. I'm a decade into Wow, played in BC, every expac since. I always play hunter, it's the easiest with my particular issues. Brain damage. Anyway, I like collecting transmog, and with that in mind, I leveled a Lock so I could get staffs, cloth, and some of the gorgeous tier sets. I get to 50 with Dungeon finder, no problem. I go to Timewalking today, MOP, and I make it to the first boss before getting kicked. Why?? It's not Mythic. It's not progression. It's not timed, and it's not heroic. I was dpsing, granted, I'm slow, and lock is NOT my main. Or my second, or my third-but I was trying. I don't understand why this toxic behavior has to exist. I don't get why you kick someone that's trying, on a Timewalking, on a non-60. What makes these people tick? I don't get it. Feel free to enlighten me. Again. Not a troll.
    Everyone has these shitty experiences from time to time. Just ignore it and move on. You can't change some people (or they just have a bad day) and most people are good.

7+ Year Old Account
    Some people suck. What can ya do.

The reality is that most people still playing WoW aren't interested in things like fun or adventure. It's all about getting through the shitty "content" as quickly as possible to get whatever the reward is and get to the next piece of shitty content to try and get more rewards. People that play to have a good time are a minority and you're slowing down the people that just want their virtual peanut.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry that you had to experience the maggots that wiggle around the random content queues. There is no way to fully enlighten you other than they thought of themselves first, them, theirs, and forward. It is a very common problem in Timewalking as well as Random Dungeons where people demand faster, faster, now, do this, come on, get going, faster, skip that even though we can barely skip it, faster, move it, you suck, give me that, get going, don't revive, don't wait, fuck the others, me, me, me, go, go, go.

Luckily, this issue is becoming less of a problem but it is still there, and instead of them accepting the blame, they'll make up some dumb excuse about it being the game's fault, or the game's system breeds toxicity, etc but in the end, the problem is that many forget that there are other people in the game. First, before I continue, we, as players, have to accept each other and behave accordingly, don't piss around of course - that being said - there is a mentality in some people which has created a useless toxic behavior that leaves people behind in the dust, doesn't care about new players, returned players, or people rolling an alt, as long as they get what they want, they'll step on everyone else.

And sadly, there is no direct answer to your question..
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Are you a "clicker" (applies spells by clicking with the mouse) ?? In general, slow players are clickers. If that's the case I strongly advise you to play with an xbox controller. The game already allows controller since day-1 of Shadowlands.
    As for the toxicity of people remember: No matter the outcome of the clash... you will ALWAYS be a better person than the toxic.

Don't overthink it. I know it feels bad but there doesn't have to be logic behind anything. Maybe they didn't like your name. Maybe they didn't like you were leveling current meta until patch lock. Maybe they saw an ability they didn't understand and thought you did something bad. Maybe you had the "wrong" pet. Maybe they were boost leveling someone and needed to reduce the number of ppl in the party to get the boostee more xp. Maybe they were clothies and wanted to get a certain item. Maybe they inspected you and saw you were or were not wearing heirlooms. Maybe they just did it to have a laugh. It's bad and shouldn't be normalized but you should not stress over it.

Timewalking isn't scaled fantastically and a lot of people will see your performance as unacceptably low. They probably aren't willing to "carry" you and will just kick you instead. It's just how some people are, you shouldn't lose sleep over it, they didn't even have the respect to confront you about it in chat.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Were you staying with the group? Or were you behind them looking at transmog or something?

Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    We both know that is false. 100% just a troll reply. Why even bother replying if you're just going to be a dickhead. This person seemed geninune.
    there's very little kindness on these forums. just a bunch of narcissists who think they're smart, everyone else is dumb and they love to let you know that.

Thanks guys. I'm not dumb, but that experience definitely made me feel stupid. Appreciate it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    Were you staying with the group? Or were you behind them looking at transmog or something?
    I was staying with the group, I just wasn't perfect at mob pick up.

Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    how immature to resort to name-calling when all i've done is state facts.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Thanks guys. I'm not dumb, but that experience definitely made me feel stupid. Appreciate it.

- - - Updated - - -

I was staying with the group, I just wasn't perfect at mob pick up.
    I mean picking up mobs isn’t your job as a dps. That’s the tank’s job

15+ Year Old Account
    The "yes" button on the vote to kick needs a 6 second activation timer. I would bet that alot of people will press the no button instead if you do. Nobody likes a popup in their face, and currently just click yes to get rid of it. If you are really hurting the party they will wait those 6 seconds.