Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Transmog and retail-like barber

Transmog could and should be opt out of for people that don't like the idea (even the cata style, without integrated wardobre/collections etc) and barber could very well be able to do more than just hair, similar to retail, possibly even with gender change.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hell no, part of the appeal of Classic as a whole is seeing everyone for what they really are and being seen for what I really am in-game. Transmog and barbershop allows you to avoid the responsibility of not looking like a clown. You should work to look good, not just slap a mog on it. Knowing that people other than me are mogged - even if I can't see it - would break our immersion.

The barber in Wrath is getting updated to be like Retail's they mentioned in one of their posts that it'll do things that were paid services at the time.

As for transmog, Classic is about earning the best looks and knowing what people have accomplished by looking at/inspecting them. It also keeps PvP fairer by not letting people hide their gear to look less powerful than they are.

Plus let's be honest, Wrath gear generally looks awesome and doesn't need to be mogged anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusken View Post
    Plus let's be honest, Wrath gear generally looks awesome and doesn't need to be mogged anyway.
    I dunno. Wrath, for me, was the beginning of decline in gear variety. It was during Wrath we started getting 'same-y' leveling gear with just differences in color palettes, with the worst offender being ToC tier gear that is literally the exact same model for the same armor type. DKs, warriors and paladins had the exact same models, just changing textures. Same with druids and rogues, hunters and shaman, and mages, warlocks and priests.

Adding transmog to classic... Eh. Unless they link it to retail, I don't think it'd matter much to me.

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Hell no, part of the appeal of Classic as a whole is seeing everyone for what they really are and being seen for what I really am in-game. Transmog and barbershop allows you to avoid the responsibility of not looking like a clown. You should work to look good, not just slap a mog on it. Knowing that people other than me are mogged - even if I can't see it - would break our immersion.
    You'll be happy to know then that I don't transmog because I'm not paying for a mog each time I need to upgrade.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

10+ Year Old Account
    YES! As much as I normally defend #nochanges, transmog is the best thing they EVER added to WoW

I hope we can get it in WotLK and not have to wait for Cata.

10+ Year Old Account
    Imagine the $$$ Blizzard could make with one-way server transfers from Classic Era/SOM/TBC:C and WOTLK Classic to Retail
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

15+ Year Old Account
    Eh while I enjoyed hunting for transmog in retail, as Chozo said part of the classic feel is looking like a clown in mismatched looking gear, or looking fucking awesome in your current tier set while people look at you in jealousy. I personally wouldn't want transmog in classic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    Eh while I enjoyed hunting for transmog in retail, as Chozo said part of the classic feel is looking like a clown in mismatched looking gear, or looking fucking awesome in your current tier set while people look at you in jealousy. I personally wouldn't want transmog in classic.
    With transmog others WILL look at you jelously if you got the right stuff.

The clown thingie was fun in Classic-Classic, for a a little while, but it just don't make any sense to me to achieve a super cool look and be forced to replace it. Transmog was such a gamechanger in Retail, it's been hard to play classic ngl, without it.

Yes, I am a bit biased since I got full T3 and Corrupted Ashbringer just waiting to be transmogged, but ever easier sets to get, like Tier 2 sets, are really, really good lookin, I'm sure most people could find something to transmog easily.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here we have an actual problem. Wrath tier gear might look fine, but questing and dungeon gear, compared to even Outland normal drops, looks horrific. Replacing T5 / T6 / SWP sets with rags is very, very sad. Rep gear isn't better either - weapons like Argent Skeleton Crusher or Runeblade of Demonstrable Power look ugly as hell. And, until we'll get some decent looking stuff (which is Ulduar patch), we're gonna spend entire year or close to that looking like vagabonds...

This is why I'd really like to have transmog added to Wotlk (even via limited way, like they did in Warmane). And WoD character models as well. Purely cosmetic features, which don't affect gameplay.

About "looking less powerful than they should", as a compromise it can be done so that transmog won't work inside PvP instances. Or at least Arenas. In dungeons and raids it won't matter since you can always inspect same faction player. Problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by Ermelloth View Post
    Here we have an actual problem. Wrath tier gear might look fine, but questing and dungeon gear, compared to even Outland normal drops, looks horrific. Replacing T5 / T6 / SWP sets with rags is very, very sad. Rep gear isn't better either - weapons like Argent Skeleton Crusher or Runeblade of Demonstrable Power look ugly as hell. And, until we'll get some decent looking stuff (which is Ulduar patch), we're gonna spend entire year or close to that looking like vagabonds...

This is why I'd really like to have transmog added to Wotlk (even via limited way, like they did in Warmane). And WoD character models as well. Purely cosmetic features, which don't affect gameplay.

About "looking less powerful than they should", as a compromise it can be done so that transmog won't work inside PvP instances. Or at least Arenas. In dungeons and raids it won't matter since you can always inspect same faction player. Problem solved.
    Replacing tier sets with leveling/dungeon gear is part of the expansion experience. You not liking some looks isn't reason to add a feature that was never a part of Wrath. At least Wrath leveling and dungeon gear form cohesive sets rather than mismatched, off colour pieces.

Like I said, Classic is about earning the good looking gear, not hiding the fact that you've got shit gear behind your T2 you got 3 years ago. Don't like rep gear? Too bad. Do the raid and get the tier. Don't like the tier? Play a different class. This is how it should be for Classic. Wanna transmog? Retail has 17 years of content to farm for all the pointless appearances you want.

As for transmog, Classic is about earning the best looks and knowing what people have accomplished by looking at/inspecting them.
    THIS! I paid 500€ for my gear through gdkps DOOD! Imagine all that sacrifice going to waste.

Quote Originally Posted by fx0rec View Post
    THIS! I paid 500€ for my gear through gdkps DOOD! Imagine all that sacrifice going to waste.
    Well that was stupid of you. I got all my gear without paying anything. All it took was to play the game for a while.

10+ Year Old Account
    I got all my gear without paying anything.
    Same - zero GDKP. Actually, while I can yet understand people doing this in early patches, try and explain why people waste tons of gold on T4, ZA and T5 gear right now, month or two before Wrath, when first WoTLK quest greens might be already on par with most of those?

Why don’t the people who ask for all this nonsense in Classic… just play retail? It’s right there for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snufflupagus View Post
    Why don’t the people who ask for all this nonsense in Classic… just play retail? It’s right there for you.
    I play Classic for nostalgia and because you can actually raidlog and the raids (most of em except T5 and SWP) are easy and don't require one to minmax to raid. Retail is too hard and too time consuming keeping up with.

Quote Originally Posted by FAILoZOFF View Post
    Transmog could and should be opt out of for people that don't like the idea (even the cata style, without integrated wardobre/collections etc) and barber could very well be able to do more than just hair, similar to retail, possibly even with gender change.
    1000000% NO on transmog
    I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Didnt they say Barber was going to be retail like?
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Quote Originally Posted by FAILoZOFF View Post
    I'd be totally for them adding transmog..... if it was opt-in. As in, like a toy or something that has to be activated in order to see everyone's transmogs. But by default everyone looks like theyre supposed to in classic.

Honestly there are a lot of visual opt-in changes that I wouldnt be opposed to. Part of thr charm of classic is the old models, but would it really matter to you personally if someone else opted in to seeing the new ones instead, without affecting your client?