Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Question Will the Atiesh quest be deleted after pre-patch of WotLK?

I know Atiesh is unacquirable after pre-patch of WotLK because naxxramas is deleted. But I already completed quests demand 40 splinters, head and base. So I have only one quest left, cleansing Atiesh in Stratholme. So removal of naxx doesn't matter with me. But I'm afraid Blizzard will delete the quest.

I am planning to finish the last quest of the Atiesh questchains at end of August. However, this quest has a possibility that it would be deleted when pre-patch of WotLK comes out. According to one of Wowhead's comments, it's more likely that it won't be deleted, but it's not certain, and it has possibility that it could be changed in WotLK classic, so I want to know this part for sure.

So I asked the CS team about this, and they told me to make a post on the forum because they don't know about it and can't ask the development team about it. However, I can't make a post on the US Forum because I enjoy Wow in foreign country. There is no +New Topic option with my original account. And I have to pay a package to make a post on Wow Classic forum with US account. So I want to ask how to contact the devs or I'd really appreciate it if someone make a post about removal of Atiesh quest after pre-patch of WotLK on Burning Crusade Classic Discussion Forum for me. It will be really thankful.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atiesh View Post
    I know Atiesh is unacquirable after pre-patch of WotLK because naxxramas is deleted. But I already completed quests demand 40 splinters, head and base. So I have only one quest left, cleansing Atiesh in Stratholme. So removal of naxx doesn't matter with me. But I'm afraid Blizzard will delete the quest.

I am planning to finish the last quest of the Atiesh questchains at end of August. However, this quest has a possibility that it would be deleted when pre-patch of WotLK comes out. According to one of Wowhead's comments, it's more likely that it won't be deleted, but it's not certain, and it has possibility that it could be changed in WotLK classic, so I want to know this part for sure.

So I asked the CS team about this, and they told me to make a post on the forum because they don't know about it and can't ask the development team about it. However, I can't make a post on the US Forum because I enjoy Wow in foreign country. There is no +New Topic option with my original account. And I have to pay a package to make a post on Wow Classic forum with US account. So I want to ask how to contact the devs or I'd really appreciate it if someone make a post about removal of Atiesh quest after pre-patch of WotLK on Burning Crusade Classic Discussion Forum for me. It will be really thankful.
    top comment on wowhead:

By maeltum on 2010/07/19 (Patch 3.3.5)
    There is a truly legendary element to this staff when you see one in game... considering, this legendary was removed at the induction of WotLK and is not farmable by level 80 players as is Thunderfury, Ragnaros, even the Warglaives of Azzinoth and Thor'idal. When you see Atiesh, Greatstaff of the Guardian up on the back of a mage, priest, warlock, or druid, you know you stand before a mighty individual, likely to have conquered unspeakable horrors you've never even seen.

you're at the final step, just get it done

I found this bluepost from 2008 but who knows if it's completable in Classic WotLK tho.

With them being more open to changes for Classic Wrath, I wonder if they just leave the original Naxx in the game

Quote Originally Posted by varren View Post
    With them being more open to changes for Classic Wrath, I wonder if they just leave the original Naxx in the game
    It's already gone on Beta so unlikely. Same for 60 Ony.

i did actually ask them on twitter about it but they said they wont do it due the technical difficulties and plenthora of works. so if you wanna do og naxx its SOM or classic era you have to go for im afraid

Quote Originally Posted by Makaloff View Post
    i did actually ask them on twitter about it but they said they wont do it due the technical difficulties and plenthora of works. so if you wanna do og naxx its SOM or classic era you have to go for im afraid
    How did you ask them? I asked them on twiiter too, but they ignored me. If you don't mind, could you do me a favor? I want to ask them about the removal of atiesh quest after WotLK. It seems undeleted in 2008, but I want to make it sure because Classic can be different from original. Can you ask about it on twiiter or make a post about it on Blizzard forum instead of me? They never give me any answer on twiiter, It seems they ignore me. And I can't make a post on Blizzard forum either as I have no US account having subscription because I'm foreigner. If you do me a favor, I'd really appreciate it.

Tbh I wouldn't risk it, if I were you id complete it before the prepatch cause you really never know what could happen. And when its gone, it's gone forever

Even if you have 40 parts you still need to kill KT and i am 99% sure it can be done only in Naxx40 which is no longer here and not 'new' one.

Quote Originally Posted by Sevrah View Post
    Tbh I wouldn't risk it, if I were you id complete it before the prepatch cause you really never know what could happen. And when its gone, it's gone forever
    Yes, it's really risky. So to remove that risk, I trying to get an certain answer from Blizzard. If I can't get an answer in few days, I'll have to finish it in a few days as you said.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    Even if you have 40 parts you still need to kill KT and i am 99% sure it can be done only in Naxx40 which is no longer here and not 'new' one.
    I killed KT already. I'm having the head.
    Last edited by Atiesh; 2022-07-11 at 08:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    top comment on wowhead:

By maeltum on 2010/07/19 (Patch 3.3.5)
    There is a truly legendary element to this staff when you see one in game... considering, this legendary was removed at the induction of WotLK and is not farmable by level 80 players as is Thunderfury, Ragnaros, even the Warglaives of Azzinoth and Thor'idal. When you see Atiesh, Greatstaff of the Guardian up on the back of a mage, priest, warlock, or druid, you know you stand before a mighty individual, likely to have conquered unspeakable horrors you've never even seen.

you're at the final step, just get it done
    Meanwhile, the poor thankless 39 other people don't get squat. Glad they did away with these things.

Do however, hope blizz gives time for those of you on the last steps. Good luck!

Slightly off-topic, but ngl, since they are buffing naxx and they have confirmed that there will be changes to itemization, it would be really cool if they kept the Atiesh questline, which rewards an updated lvl80 atiesh, but for casters only (and maybe feral druid), since healers already get valanyr in wrath.

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Moose Fandango View Post
    Meanwhile, the poor thankless 39 other people don't get squat. Glad they did away with these things.

Do however, hope blizz gives time for those of you on the last steps. Good luck!
    Thank you for the words of blessing!

I killed KT already. I'm having the head.
    Oh... did not notice that information in you original post.
    Not sure why would you want to wait until prepatch then?
    With current TBC gear you can probably do it with 3 people group or something.
    We had similar situation with Hand of A'dal title - if you had quest in your log you could complete it even many xpacks later.
    99% you should be able to complete it in Strath (as it is not changed) but i still would not risk it.

How did you ask them? I asked them on twiiter too, but they ignored me. If you don't mind, could you do me a favor? I want to ask them about the removal of atiesh quest after WotLK. It seems undeleted in 2008, but I want to make it sure because Classic can be different from original. Can you ask about it on twiiter or make a post about it on Blizzard forum instead of me? They never give me any answer on twiiter, It seems they ignore me. And I can't make a post on Blizzard forum either as I have no US account having subscription because I'm foreigner. If you do me a favor, I'd really appreciate it.
    i mainly tweeted to brian birmingham, so i suggest you try your luck with him. i cant make forum posts since ive been perma banned since 2012 ^^;

That's interesting. I guess that means original ZG goes away in Cata as well. Get your Raptors and Tigers while you still can.

That's interesting. I guess that means original ZG goes away in Cata as well. Get your Raptors and Tigers while you still can.
    most likely, i know that the ZA bear is going away once pre patch hits aswell

7+ Year Old Account
    I mean if it's going along as it is and since there is no TBC Era Server. I say yea...
    High Elves and Wildhammer Dwarves are finally playable in the Alliance. XD

i mainly tweeted to brian birmingham, so i suggest you try your luck with him. i cant make forum posts since ive been perma banned since 2012 ^^;
    Thanks, I'll have to tweet him. I hope him to give the answer.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really hope they remove old Naxxramas, makes our Tier 3 stand out more, especially when we can transmog in Cata