Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    On topic, if Blizzard tries to sell 5-star gem (you can buy any gems for any amount), the price would be crazy, such as $1000 to $10000.
    No one in the right mind will buy it.
    You CAN buy a 5 star gem on the auction house. I've seen 5star Jade going for about 1,2 million platinum. That's about 1700$

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    You CAN buy a 5 star gem on the auction house. I've seen 5star Jade going for about 1,2 million platinum. That's about 1700$
    And you can get platinum for free by selling lesser games on the auction house for it. The gems you crafted or grinded for free. It's just gonna take time.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Minifie View Post
    Only about 1700 bucks. Jesus, that’s ~3k au. I could buy a sweet new setup or a good pc with peripherals or a fcking gem lmao.

People just bending over to let these cesspit companies ride roughshod dry ain’t yas?
    I think it just speaks to the contrarian nature of man. Someone could point out clear water to a tribe of 100, and 5 would find an angle of why they should not drink it.

I get it when its life decisions that could go either way and its not cut or dry what is right and wrong a lot of the time. But this is pretty clear corporate greed and people not only eat it up but defend it. Mind boggling really. But so is patricide

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    And you can get platinum for free by selling lesser games on the auction house for it. The gems you crafted or grinded for free. It's just gonna take time.
    Not really. Not all gems are tradeable. Not even gems bought with Legendary Crests are always tradeable. The only ones that are always tradeable are those bought with Eternal Legendary Crests, the ones that you buy with Eternal Orbs. Keep in mind that the many bundles and supplies that also sell Legendary Crests sell the basic kind, not the Eternal one.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    I think it just speaks to the contrarian nature of man. Someone could point out clear water to a tribe of 100, and 5 would find an angle of why they should not drink it.

I get it when its life decisions that could go either way and its not cut or dry what is right and wrong a lot of the time. But this is pretty clear corporate greed and people not only eat it up but defend it. Mind boggling really. But so is patricide
    Hey I am just saying it is possible. Not saying the price is in any way reasonable or worth it. But if someone did want to buy a specific 5 star gem they could. Really I have not done the math but you are probably better off buying gem power by converting gold to platinum and buying the cheapest legendary gems you can find than by buying crests and doing Elder Rifts. I have not done the math but a 2/5 5Star gem and a 5/5 5Star gem are both worth 32 gem power. Jade is the best legendary gem; you can buy a 2/5 Phoenix for about 12k plat.
    Edit: did the math, you could get 1 gem power for less than 0.6$ by buying plat and then buying the cheapest legendary gem. Meanwhile buying Crests, 1 gem power will on average cost you 0.74$. I guess I found an arbitrage opportunity!

It's probably better to play the market carefully if you actually want to get BiS instead of just wasting money. I mean if you want to try to rank up a 5 Star gem let's not forget how insane the cost is. Not to just buy, to rank it up. Getting it to Rank 5 would need 7 rank 1 duplicates (of any number of stars) plus 475 gem power. That's another 650$ if you go by the market method. Trying to do this by just fishing for the gems with rifts would be madness; you don't just need a 5 star gem to drop, you need the SPECIFIC gem to drop. Trying for Rank 10? 73 rank 1 Duplicates! Plus 4450 gem power. That's about 8400$ and that's if you haunt the market and buy every 2 star jade and the cheapest legendary gems to turn into gem power; that would require a crazy amount of effort. I have no idea what it would take to build gem resonance on that master . . .

The game is absolutely littered with traps that make you waste money btw. One example is Aspirant Keys. If you stockpile them and unlock all the chests you get an extra chest! Sounds like the right thing to do right? Well the cost of opening additional chests does not keep up with the jewels gained. Your best option is to NEVER leave the first room.
    Last edited by Nymrohd; 2022-07-13 at 07:33 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    Or just don't buy anything. Are people obsessed with the idea of being on a leaderboard? What do you gain by that? Money, fame, women/men flocking around you, respect?

This game is so good, and it's reputation is tainted by people complaining over a system it makes 0 sense to even bother using. 1 star, 5 star gem, who cares. Just enjoy the good parts.
    This always amazed me. Random internet goonz competing with other random goonz in a p2w game xD
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not really. Not all gems are tradeable. Not even gems bought with Legendary Crests are always tradeable. The only ones that are always tradeable are those bought with Eternal Legendary Crests, the ones that you buy with Eternal Orbs. Keep in mind that the many bundles and supplies that also sell Legendary Crests sell the basic kind, not the Eternal one.
    Sure, you cannot sell all gems you get, and you cannot sell gems you used - they bind. But you can sell crafted gems just fine. And gems are not the only thing you can sell.

The auction house cannot work without f2p players selling stuff on it. It's no different from raid loot being bop and craft being boe.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Sure, you cannot sell all gems you get, and you cannot sell gems you used - they bind. But you can sell crafted gems just fine. And gems are not the only thing you can sell.

The auction house cannot work without f2p players selling stuff on it. It's no different from raid loot being bop and craft being boe.
    No you cannot sell crafted gems just fine. WHo told you that? Tradeable is a separate quality. Never seen it on a gem I crafted. Rarely seen it on a gem I acquired. The only gems guaranteed to be tradeable are the ones you got from Eternal Legendary Crests so not from Legendary Crests you got from battle pass, hilts, game activities or discounted bundles.

No you cannot sell crafted gems just fine. WHo told you that? Tradeable is a separate quality. Never seen it on a gem I crafted. Rarely seen it on a gem I acquired. The only gems guaranteed to be tradeable are the ones you got from Eternal Legendary Crests so not from Legendary Crests you got from battle pass, hilts, game activities or discounted bundles.
    The random legendary gem craft can be sold IIRC.
    But since you can only craft 3 a month (lol) and most of the time it will be gems that sell for 1-4k platinum, it will still take you a few years to reach 1 million platinum. And that's just to get 1 rank 1 gem. Good luck upgrading it during your lifetime.
    Or just spend 1700 if you ever see one available ... it's not like that amount accounts for like 10 years of WoW sub including the expansions and it's a game where you don't have to worry about bullshit p2w schemes. But it's well worth it though, D:I has such great gameplay ... oh wait, none of those are true.

Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    The random legendary gem craft can be sold IIRC.
    But since you can only craft 3 a month (lol) and most of the time it will be gems that sell for 1-4k platinum, it will still take you a few years to reach 1 million platinum. And that's just to get 1 rank 1 gem. Good luck upgrading it during your lifetime.
    Or just spend 1700 if you ever see one available ... it's not like that amount accounts for like 10 years of WoW sub including the expansions and it's a game where you don't have to worry about bullshit p2w schemes. But it's well worth it though, D:I has such great gameplay ... oh wait, none of those are true.
    Oh the ones with Fa runes? Never used those, seems like a massive gamble. And any of them CAN roll as tradeable. They just don't always do. The only guarantees are the ones you get from Eternal Crests.

I still like the gameplay though The P2W is painful crap but I would have loved a version of this as a D3 xpac with a battle pass to make it monetizable. Like, we've straight up heard from insiders that D3: The King in the North was killed because without the RMAH the game just did not make sense accounting wise (and as a cost accountant I can agree, it did NOT make sense; if you have a live service you need more than a box price). Heck the suits did not even want us to get Sescheron, Greyhollow and Temple (all of which were content that was completed for the next xpac together with Necro). If they had added the Cycle of Strife and a seasonal battle pass to create some type of subscription model, D3 would not have been abandoned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just like in WoW some crafts are bop. Come on. It's quite clear that if your goal is getting platinum - you would craft sellable gems. You don't care if it's random - you are selling them and they are a useful commodity.

And again, gems is not the only thing you can sell

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerox View Post
    This always amazed me. Random internet goonz competing with other random goonz in a p2w game xD
    Why? This game is only P2W at the very top, something that only affect 1%, for the 99% of us, it's a free amazing game.

What are you talking about, I never played with a whale, nor said I have. I just say that most Immortals are whales who clear everything fast and easy to maintain Immortal, but I don't play with them just because we are all immortals.
    This is you... Ill quote you again...
    and this is my third week as an Immortal, and it's much easier to gear up and run content as an Immortal, as most other Immortals are tryhards and whales, we clear content very fast and smooth. Like our speedclear of dungeons are pretty insane..
    You clearly say you run content with tryhards and whales and "we" as in you and the whales clear content very fast and smooth.
    Without the whales (and you being carried) you would not clear content fast and smooth...

Just stop it bro...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tomten View Post
    This is you... Ill quote you again...

You clearly say you run content with tryhards and whales and "we" as in you and the whales clear content very fast and smooth.
    Without the whales (and you being carried) you would not clear content fast and smooth...

Just stop it bro...
    I mean the word our and we as OUR FACTION, The Immortals, which makes the faction super strong.

I DO NOT PARTICIPATE IN THESE SPEED CLEAR MYSELF!

I do not run with the whales myself, but the whales keep the faction powerful.

All the Immortals (300 people ish) have a close knitted community with discord etc, I speak of us as a group, but I don't really play with any of the whales myself, they tend to play only with eachother.

I do fairly fast runs myself as well, and haven't been carried by anyone, but that's only together with friends that are not whales.

I mean the word our and we as OUR FACTION, The Immortals, which makes the faction super strong.

I DO NOT PARTICIPATE IN THESE SPEED CLEAR MYSELF!

I do not run with the whales myself, but the whales keep the faction powerful.

All the Immortals (300 people ish) have a close knitted community with discord etc, I speak of us as a group, but I don't really play with any of the whales myself, they tend to play only with eachother.

I do fairly fast runs myself as well, and haven't been carried by anyone, but that's only together with friends that are not whales.
    Since you clearly try to lie upon lies...I'll qoute your lying ass again...
    I haven't bought any crests, I'm very high paragon and have been very lucky with nice legendary drops, and this is my third week as an Immortal, and it's much easier to gear up and run content as an Immortal, as most other Immortals are tryhards and whales, we clear content very fast and smooth. Like our speedclear of dungeons are pretty insane.
    See the last part? "Hurr durr, like our speed clears are pretty insane"... Yeh, you aint speedclearing or doing anything labeled insane without playing with said whales and getting carried...
    Why do you feel the need to lie about this?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tomten View Post
    Since you clearly try to lie upon lies...I'll qoute your lying ass again...

See the last part? "Hurr durr, like our speed clears are pretty insane"... Yeh, you aint speedclearing or doing anything labeled insane without playing with said whales and getting carried...
    Why do you feel the need to lie about this?

Man, I get you hate the game, I get you are triggered by people who love it, but I am not lying. I simply wrote it poorly the first time, I am sorry.

To clearify:

1. I am completely F2P player.
    2. I am a super tryhard who play this game far too much, I have super good gear, paragon and even good gems. I got 3x 3-star gems as F2P, been super lucky.
    3. As far as I know, I never ever played with a whale, I never been boosted in any content.
    4. I am in the faction Immortal, only 300 people per server can be an Immortal, I am probably one of a handful of them who haven't paid, almost all other Immortals pay at least some, it's the best people on the server.
    5. THEY do speedclears daily, farm resources like crazy, with "our" I mean "our faction", I am happy these guys do speedclears but I do not join them myself.
    6. My own speedclears are decent as well, but it's not with these players, it's just with my friends. They are not insane, but decent.

Can you PLEASE stop quoting an old poorly written statement, and acknowledge that I am clearifying it, before starting to call me a liar...