Thread: S4 M+ loot

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

S4 M+ loot

Hey,

looking throught the current loot tables of the S4 dungeons we find a huge discrepancy in the distribution of item types. For example for mage we would currently get:
    Code:
    Dungeon		Weapons	Armor	Rings	Amulets	Trinkets
    Tazavesh	3	8	2	2	1
    Karazhan	0	16	5	3	3
    Mechagon	2	17	8	0	0
    Grimrail	1	25	25	20	1
    Irondocks	1	35	25	20	1
    Sum       	7	101	65	45	6
    Percentage	3%	45%	29%	20%	3%
    That would be quite fun for people looking to get their transmog ring and amulets collection in S4, but it would really suck for people who actually want to get usable loot.
    Did they already mention somewhere that they are aware of that issue? Opening the great vault and being able to select between three rings week after week probably is not what people are looking for.
    Last edited by Puri; 2022-07-17 at 09:12 PM.

So I get that this could be an issue, but I think it would be better for the discussion if you separated every single armor piece. That way it is easier to see what slots needs some attention. I would be curious what the %s would be then. Also keep in mind that while you only need to get 1 chest, you need 2 rings and 2 trinkets and also some classes need 2 weapons and/or shield.
    Also: Do Grimrail and Iron Docks really drop 25 rings and 20 necks each? That cant be correct, right?

Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    So I get that this could be an issue, but I think it would be better for the discussion if you separated every single armor piece. That way it is easier to see what slots needs some attention. I would be curious what the %s would be then. Also keep in mind that while you only need to get 1 chest, you need 2 rings and 2 trinkets and also some classes need 2 weapons and/or shield.
    Also: Do Grimrail and Iron Docks really drop 25 rings and 20 necks each? That cant be correct, right?
    There is no need to get more into detail, that there might be 3 chests and 17 bracers is not even the issue here. The actual loot percentages that we require with two weapons or one weapon are:
    Code:
    	Two	/One weapon
    Armor	56%	60%
    Weapon	13%	7%
    Ring	13%	13%
    Neck	6%	7%
    Trinket	13%	13%
    So these are the numbers that the distribution of items should roughly look like. And considering that weapons and trinkets have the greatest impact on our performance should also play a major role in the distribution.

And yes, the numbers for the wod dungeons are correct. There are so many because they initially dropped as int/str/agi versions (https://www.wowhead.com/items/armor/...ter=106;6951;0, https://www.wowhead.com/items/armor/...ter=106;6951;0)
    Last edited by Puri; 2022-07-17 at 09:32 PM.

Is this from the PTR?

Also, I would assume they're updating the rings/necks to no longer have primary stats like they used to in WoD, right?
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    Is this from the PTR?

Also, I would assume they're updating the rings/necks to no longer have primary stats like they used to in WoD, right?
    There is no difference between PTR and live yet for the loot tables, that's why I'm asking if they announced something. Even if they combined the stats and only 1/3 of the rings/necks would stay there would still be way too many, and still be way too few weapons and trinkets.
    Last edited by Puri; 2022-07-17 at 09:48 PM.

you can buy weapons via the dinar system

Short season, nothing will be balanced. This is just to keep us busy while we die of old age in the DF waiting room.

Enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Short season, nothing will be balanced. This is just to keep us busy while we die of old age in the DF waiting room.

Enjoy.
    The thing is though that everyone will grind their ass off for the mechagon ring sets and then be super sad when other dungeons mostly drop rings.

It's a problem that can be fixed before release, but I fear the only thing happening will be nerfing of mechagon rings.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a joke season. No one will actually take it seriously.
    Besides, you can get pieces you get unlucky with / are just really OP from the raid vendor

Typical blizzard with half baked systems/features/ideas.
    There might be hotfixes 2 months after the season starts.
    Or not.
    It is a filler season after all.
    Sigh..

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    The thing is though that everyone will grind their ass off for the mechagon ring sets and then be super sad when other dungeons mostly drop rings.

It's a problem that can be fixed before release, but I fear the only thing happening will be nerfing of mechagon rings.
    seems like a player created problem the way that you are putting it
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forum Man View Post
    Except the weapon you buy would be of lower ilv unless you kill the number of heroic/mythic bosses to get the upgrade token to "upgrade" it up to the ilv. Somehow I think M+ may still be faster than the Dinar system...

Also Dinar system is limited to 3 items... Where as M+ is limited to X where x is length of season
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

You can buy trinkets, too. Though I find the rings too much considering everyone will probably be going after the rings from Mechagon because of the effects they offer.

As far as I know there is no way to earn the purchasable raid weapons and trinkets via m+, you have to raid, and that doesn't help all the m+ groups.
    I have very little interest in completing the raid on several chars per week just to be able to upgrade the weapons.

You know how when you are going for a flight, you go earlier to the airport, you grab a beer, they announce your gate, but its not boarding yet. So you just go sit and chill near the gate until it opens - thats season 4.

Quote Originally Posted by Alroxas View Post
    Except the weapon you buy would be of lower ilv unless you kill the number of heroic/mythic bosses to get the upgrade token to "upgrade" it up to the ilv. Somehow I think M+ may still be faster than the Dinar system...

Also Dinar system is limited to 3 items... Where as M+ is limited to X where x is length of season
    Point being you get the weapon quickly

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    ?

How about we ask for a decently balanced season, get this, every time?
    Sure in an ideal world, but for S4 a shorter season is better than no season (see SoO draught) and at least it's something to do until we get DF.

Somehow I don't think players would want a full S4 (even if balanced) which would push DF out to early next year.
    ---
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

It has to do with how WoD dungeons handled most loot. If a boss dropped, say, cloth gloves, it would drop from a pool of every cloth glove available in dungeons, shared across all bosses dropping cloth gloves.

The only dedicated boss loot from WoD dungeons are weapons and trinkets. The rest is all shared across every boss dropping that loot type.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

10+ Year Old Account
    Point being you get the weapon quickly
    Is it though? Originally you needed 30 "Fated" boss kills for the 1st dinar coin and as far as I know only 10~11 "fated" bosses are up per week (only 1 of the 3 raids will be designated as "fated").

Meanwhile, M+ you could run 8 times as M+0 then almost infinite times as M+. Sure the drop rates aren't necessarily as high but also remember that M+ completion also factors into Great Vault.

Additionally, even though Valor is being reset for Season 4, there's no cap to valor grinding so it's possible (while not advisable) to get a M+0 weapon then valor upgrade it to 12/12... Crazy but wow players aren't the always sane.
    ---

Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    The OP is clearly a mage player and that is all they care about. So they're not going to add any more stats that would contradict their so called point.

Also just complaining/worry/etc about a season that is short and to just to keep people playing is just silly. We should totally go back to SoO days, right?. /s

All this QQ is just tiring people. sheeh

- - - Updated - - -

IKR, seems like OP also didn't play in WoD.

"My memory... since when? If everything is a dream, don't wake me." -Cloud Strife, Final Fantasy VII