Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Charlie Cox confirmed to return as Daredevil in Disney+ 18 episode show Daredevil: Born Again.
    I wonder if it's gonna be like a soft reboot. Or if you have to watch the Netflix series.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    I wonder if it's gonna be like a soft reboot. Or if you have to watch the Netflix series.
    the Netflix series is excellent

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    Phase 5 movies:

Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania - February 17, 2023
    GotG Vol 3 - May 5, 2023
    The Marvels - July 28, 2023
    Blade - November 3, 2023
    Captain America: New World Order - May 3, 2024
    Thunderbolts - July 26, 2024
    Fantastic 4 - November 8, 2024
    Avengers: The Kang Dynasty - May 2, 2025
    Avengers: Secret Wars - November 7, 2025

Phase 5 tv shows:

Secret Invasion - March to May 2023
    Echo - June to August 2023
    Loki Season 2 - June to August 2023
    Ironheart - September to November 2023
    Agatha: Coven of Chaos - December to February 2023
    Daredevil: Born Again - March to May 2024

the only unknown is that Marvel had something down for release on February 16, 2024 - maybe Deadpool 3?
    Fantastic 4 and onwoards is phase 6.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, MODOK will be in Ant Man & The Whasp: Quantumania. Wohoooo.

A bit sad that they didn't announce any mutants project for 616 yet though. Hopefully we get them for phase 6 - I really don't want a DC COIE style retcon to bring the "propper" x-men into 616. They should be here all along hiding on Krakoa imo.

Hall 8 announcement panel:
    Last edited by Lady Atia; 2022-07-24 at 09:29 AM.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    A bit sad that they didn't announce any mutants project for 616 yet though. Hopefully we get them for phase 6 - I really don't want a DC COIE style retcon to bring the "propper" x-men into 616. They should be here all along hiding on Krakoa imo.
    If they do that then we'll have another round of "Why didn't they help with Thanos?" like with Eternals.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    If they do that then we'll have another round of "Why didn't they help with Thanos?" like with Eternals.
    maybe they come from a world which Kang the Conqueror destroyed; and they make their way into the current MCU to help take him down. Either that, or they're introduced in some sort of multiverse fight courtesy of the Beyonder or something post Avengers movies

7+ Year Old Account
    Just say they dealt with something different at that time. Honestly, the MCU always worked as "here is the thing that was always there but you didn't see it until now". I don't want to change that. 616 should have all the stuff from the comics ...

#TEAMGIRAFFE

7+ Year Old Account
    I do hope its a soft reboot, while the netflix series were pretty good, there was some tidbits that should be changed, cause the show was more into the "real world" things, instead of marvel super heroes

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd imagine it'll be a direct continuation, but without direct reference. See the Kingpin in the Hawkeye series, to a lesser extent. They weren't directly referencing or flashing back to scenes from the Netflix series, but those still serve as origin stories so they don't need to repeat that process; we'll probably get Daredevil starting at the full strength of his powers and with most of his personal bullshit behind him, as he was at the end of his series. There won't be much reason to reference back to that other than vague allusions to other relationships, and I really hope they at least get Henson to reprise his roll as Foggy, and Woll's Karen would be worth bringing back too; the three were wonderful together.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    maybe they come from a world which Kang the Conqueror destroyed; and they make their way into the current MCU to help take him down. Either that, or they're introduced in some sort of multiverse fight courtesy of the Beyonder or something post Avengers movies
    I suspect they'll be using Secret Wars to accomplish something along those lines.

- - - Updated - - -

Just say they dealt with something different at that time. Honestly, the MCU always worked as "here is the thing that was always there but you didn't see it until now". I don't want to change that. 616 should have all the stuff from the comics ...
    The MCU is never going to have all the stuff from the comics. It's fundamentally different.

Also "We were living in secret the whole time on this little island" really doesn't work well with Xavier's dream of mutants and humans living together harmoniously.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

10+ Year Old Account
    I suspect Phase Seven leading up to Kang Dynasty and Secret Wars will be the entry of the mutants.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Incredible display by Marvel. Blocking out weekends through 2025. What a flex!

They still have D23 for announcements as well. Universal probably going to be grinding.

EOD Monday is going to return the numbers of Wakanda Forever's trailer. Which is already over 13 million.

Impressive, Disney.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2022-07-24 at 06:20 PM.

I'd rather have mutants in it's own separate universe. The more they gotta connect to the main universe the more they gotta change to fit in. America Chavez is now hanging out in the main universe of the much so it's not like they can't have people temporarily go to one universe or another to help out\ cameo in a movie.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    I'd rather have mutants in it's own separate universe. The more they gotta connect to the main universe the more they gotta change to fit in. America Chavez is now hanging out in the main universe of the much so it's not like they can't have people temporarily go to one universe or another to help out\ cameo in a movie.
    Kamala Khan is already a mutant in the MCU. And Namor will also be one. So there is literally no need to go the multiverse route with other mutants either (besides maybe Deadpool).

- - - Updated - - -

I suspect they'll be using Secret Wars to accomplish something along those lines.

- - - Updated - - -

The MCU is never going to have all the stuff from the comics. It's fundamentally different.

Also "We were living in secret the whole time on this little island" really doesn't work well with Xavier's dream of mutants and humans living together harmoniously.
    Have you read House of X / Powers of X? They could easily use it as a start for MCU X-Men since we already get the "classic version" via X-Men `97.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Kamala Khan is already a mutant in the MCU. And Namor will also be one. So there is literally no need to go the multiverse route with other mutants either (besides maybe Deadpool).
    She didn't need to be one. She was already part alien/otherdimensional being. Plus they could still have her be inhuman how would the kid know what was different about her dna. Namor doesn't need to be a mutant. Did they even show him with feet wings? That seems like the type of goofy shit they alter for the mcu.

Have you read House of X / Powers of X? They could easily use it as a start for MCU X-Men since we already get the "classic version" via X-Men `97.
    I have, and they could, but it's unlikely. Only people that read the comics would have any idea of that and it would be very confusing to a general audience that only really knows the X-men from the movies and TV shows.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I’m pretty convinced this movie is going to be about her journey into becoming the next Black Panther, so I’m assuming she’ll be absent from Wakanda and presumed missing or something.
    Marvel is going to be looking to move on from the actress considering how batshit she is.

She didn't need to be one. She was already part alien/otherdimensional being. Plus they could still have her be inhuman how would the kid know what was different about her dna.
    She is a mutant in the MCU now though. My guess would be if they ever involve inhumans again...it will be a complete reboot.

Namor doesn't need to be a mutant. Did they even show him with feet wings? That seems like the type of goofy shit they alter for the mcu.
    The promotional art they released for Namor does show him with winged feet.

7+ Year Old Account
    I have, and they could, but it's unlikely. Only people that read the comics would have any idea of that and it would be very confusing to a general audience that only really knows the X-men from the movies and TV shows.
    No? House of X / Powers of X was literally created to be an easy entry for newcomers aswell as a reboot. You don't need any former knowledge and can just jump into it without any problems.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

She is a mutant in the MCU now though. My guess would be if they ever involve inhumans again...it will be a complete reboot.

The promotional art they released for Namor does show him with winged feet.

He said there was something different about her dna like a mutation. If her family can't use the bangle to unlock their powers then it would make more sense for her to have gotten certain genes they didn't.I

Oh God he's got the wings :/ . If he was wearing magical anklets?? With tiny wings on them, I could buy him flying around with them, but as a mutation it's gotta be the silliest least plausible mutant mutation I can think of.

He said there was something different about her dna like a mutation. If her family can't use the bangle to unlock their powers then it would make more sense for her to have gotten certain genes they didn't.
    They also played a little snippet of the X-Men animated series theme when he told her. She's a mutant.

- - - Updated - - -

No? House of X / Powers of X was literally created to be an easy entry for newcomers aswell as a reboot. You don't need any former knowledge and can just jump into it without any problems.
    Like i said, they could use it as a starting point of they wanted to. I just don't think they will.