Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    I am right there with you I play wow because it simply has the best most fluid combat system of any other MMO I have played. Only story I ever got into was SWTOR, but that is because they had voice acting. Forcing me to read a bunch of shit I don't care about to understand the story sucks just give me a cutscene that explains it once per zone and I would be happy.

Most people play WOW because they are like me and have and have 18 years sunk into this game already and may as well keep at it, it is the MMO with the MM part in that is has all the people even with its drastically declined numbers the game still has the most subs of any MMO and thus has a more enjoyable playing experience or they are there because no other MMO has gotten combat right ever they all have a clunky non fluid combat system.
    SWTOR combat was a shambles initially, but after they made abilities priority over animations, it smoothed out a lot and became pretty ok. Still far below wow in how fluid the combat felt. GW2 came close, but quite different games obv.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lobosan View Post
    Not sure if bad English or bad logic.
    In short, they had A + B, but chose to put work into the game to remove B.
    MMO Champs :

Quote Originally Posted by Lobosan View Post
    That you would recommend WC3 has no bearing on the fact that the overwhelming majority of people who were ever going to play WC3 did so 20 years ago. The remaster had absolutely abysmal sales.
    new people are born and get old enough to play games every day.

and a bunch of them will no doubt find out about RTS even though it's not the hippest genre and then what do you do? you recommend them games from 20 years ago like starcraft, warcraft, age of empires, total annihilation, etc.

I just can't see myself picking up an 18-year-old game and wanting to play the oldest version of it unless there is some sort of Nostalgia to it. I have not met a "New" WOW player since maybe WOTLK. I just want nothing to do with leveling IMO the 2X experience gain that was implemented pre-SL should be baseline or allow an instant max level (Free Boost) once you have wasted the 10-15 hours leveling through the new content each xpac once, there is zero reason to force me to do it again. I despise leveling and Quests in general I just want to run Dungeons and Raids and not waste my time doing quests I will never read the text of anyway.
    I started mid-BC as a hunter, a pally, and a mage. My god is horrible leveling the pally and the mage. Pally is super boring and the mage will your armor is more than a piece of paper and 2 hits from a mob and you are dead then there is the mana issue. Hunter, it was bad till level 10 when you can tame a pet than is AFK mode. Druid was ok you get bear form so that's something. Also doing the quest for the pally mount was epic but then saving 5k for flying was hell. Warth made things easier and a lot of class make sense. I remember as a druid if I want to heal and to go resto form I can't move(coz I am tree I guess that make sense lore wise but so dumb).

Never will I want to go back to the BC days..... the hardest zone was Westfall, I died so many times in Westfall on mage I rage quit and deleted it.

I just can't see myself picking up an 18-year-old game and wanting to play the oldest version of it unless there is some sort of Nostalgia to it.
    That's not a conclusive argument, because they could revamp the game without necessarily changing much.

Let alone the technologies of Cataclysm levelling vs Shadowlands levelling are not too far apart anyway.