Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Jesus, how desperate must you be to turn this change into "Blizzard want to sell more tokens".

Current situation is opposite - more people buy services through gold than buy gold. That's why token price is rising. On EU during BfA (when Brutosaur gold sink existed) it was 150-160k, now constantly over 300k gold.
    Wait, I didn't say anything about the token, but it definitely makes sense!
    BTW, it was a joke. I even used that smiley emote thing....

10+ Year Old Account
    Remember in Zimbabwe when they just printed more and more money until a loaf of bread cost millions of their currency?

Thats why rock bottom prices are bad gold is already inflated now mats are and soon everything else will be. Blizz is already talking about expanding the merg to include ALL goods so all the markets outside of trade goods will crash as well (mounts pets mog). With no way to make gold by farming or crafting people will turn to buying their gold from blizz or being stuck poor.

Want to buy a carry? Want to buy that new 100k reputation mount? Better break out that wallet cause you cant farm the gold anymore. Carries will cost more as the amount of Teams able to carry people will remain about the same but with increased gold inflation will prices will rise. So more tokens will be bought to adjust to the new higher cost of runs which means spending more real money and increasing the gold inflation problem.

The rich will remain rich and the poor will get poorer but the ability to go from poor to rich will soon require a credit card.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathreim View Post
    The regions are too large for a full merg. This will have massive repercussions that Blizz did not see because they dont understand wow's unique economy.

Prices will never recover to a sustainable level they will remain too low for gathering professions to be viable. In a normal economy goods have a price floor because the cost of production and need to make a profit to survive. Wow mats only production cost is time which to many wow players is worthless so the price of goods will hit rock bottom specially as the vendor price is so low.

Crafted items will be next to see a massive decline as people change professions to survive and flood the market because cheap mats makes it easy. Professions that dont make much money will be hit first with Alchemy remaining the most profitable for a time before eventually crashing.

It would be better to do smaller merges of low and medium population servers to create a handful of region economies instead of one single mega economy for every region. Most high pop servers don't need more competition as mats are already very low in price. This would fix the high prices for smaller servers making it easier on people to survive while not destroying the market completely.
    This makes literally no sense. If the mats are too cheap for people to want to farm them then standard supply and demand kicks in because less people will then farm it. Why do you act like you are the messiah of the AH when you dont even understand such basic concepts?

Remember in Zimbabwe when they just printed more and more money until a loaf of bread cost millions of their currency?

Thats why rock bottom prices are bad gold is already inflated now mats are and soon everything else will be. Blizz is already talking about expanding the merg to include ALL goods so all the markets outside of trade goods will crash as well (mounts pets mog). With no way to make gold by farming or crafting people will turn to buying their gold from blizz or being stuck poor.

Want to buy a carry? Want to buy that new 100k reputation mount? Better break out that wallet cause you cant farm the gold anymore. Carries will cost more as the amount of Teams able to carry people will remain about the same but with increased gold inflation will prices will rise. So more tokens will be bought to adjust to the new higher cost of runs which means spending more real money and increasing the gold inflation problem.

The rich will remain rich and the poor will get poorer but the ability to go from poor to rich will soon require a credit card.
    How are people this bad at economy?
    There is no basic demand in WoW, the market is optional; no food against starvation, no fuel to do anything, no place to stay required; we're literally a bunch of immortal murderhobos.

Also you forget that pretty much any activity generates gold, just not in noteworthy amounts in your mind.
    (which itself is the irony here; you are yourself the quintessence of inflation, and conflate your rare and narrow view with meaningful insight)

If anything it will cause the poor to more easily get around buying what they want nowadays while leaving the rich stranded with more cash than they have a use for.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Funny how people think blizz doesn't know what they are doing....

They know exactly what they are doing. They know that if they hose the market so that its not as profitable, especially for those farming mats and what not, more people will then flock to tokens.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    This makes literally no sense. If the mats are too cheap for people to want to farm them then standard supply and demand kicks in because less people will then farm it. Why do you act like you are the messiah of the AH when you dont even understand such basic concepts?
    Bots are still exist and are problem even with rock bottom prices. Blizz has been better about them but I still run into them a lot. They are terrible for the market and will continue to exist because even at low prices its still printing gold.

15+ Year Old Account
    With no way to make gold by farming or crafting people will turn to buying their gold from blizz or being stuck poor.
    The gold from the token is supplied by other players. I don't really see any actual problems you are pointing out. It seems like everything you are complaining about is from the perspective of a person that farmed mats or played the AH to flip things and make a bunch of gold. Since the changes make that harder (if not outright impossible) it is seen as bad by you.

The rich also won't remain rich if they have to earn gold like everyone else, right? Because you just said the ability to earn gold is super low now so the rich will eventually be poor when their sources of gold dry up.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2022-08-18 at 04:37 PM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Dristereau View Post
    I'm not happy with it personally, I dislike how much it removes from being able to make gold on different economies. Using the Servers I play on, Tarren-Mill EU, Silvermoon-EU and Shadowsong-EU, each had it's own prices that were different. Despite both TM and SM being massive servers prices were different and competitive. Shadowsong being a smaller server was generally more expensive and more challenging, especially with older materials. However it did (and still does) have massive problems with Legendaries (people are still selling 291 Legendaries for 50k+ and attempting 200k for a ring last week).

From my POV I also feel it removes a lot of incentives to do anything with professions, prices are not much different from Vendor Prices (actually the case with a lot of the food items and heading that way with Augment Runes).

I agree that the Region Merge is way too big. If anything smaller Severs combining would make a much better system for those Realms which are struggling unlike Tarren-Mill and Silvermoon. Connecting more Realms similar to what they did for Classic TBC would be a massive boost for those realms. Instead they're left to die and those on them see no alternative to leave.

Will have to see what happens comes Dragonflight, but I don't think this something I'd like to keep permanently.
    Pour one out for the guy that kept raid mats on your server artificially high so he could role-play as Gallywix IRL.

Prices will never recover to a sustainable level they will remain too low for gathering professions to be viable. In a normal economy goods have a price floor because the cost of production and need to make a profit to survive. Wow mats only production cost is time which to many wow players is worthless so the price of goods will hit rock bottom specially as the vendor price is so low.
    My guess is you're wrong, and mat prices will stabilize roughly where they were on highly populated servers like Illidan. But we'll see soon enough.

So far I like the merged commodities AH, but I never went around herbing all day so your perspective may well vary. If you relied on gathering to make money your complaints make sense.
    Last edited by Schizoide; 2022-08-18 at 04:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by saixilein View Post
    Then pick not the first Item, take one 1-2 gold more expensive.
    You can't the game does not let you buy anything but the cheapest item when it comes to commodities, if you click a more expensive price in the list it loads up your order with everything cheaper before it. Unless I am missing something
    Last edited by Donovan4893; 2022-08-18 at 04:44 PM.

Bots are still exist and are problem even with rock bottom prices. Blizz has been better about them but I still run into them a lot. They are terrible for the market and will continue to exist because even at low prices its still printing gold.
    I'm not sure what in the world this has to do with anything in the previous post. Blizzard taking steps towards making life harder for botters is now bad because they still exists or?

Quote Originally Posted by Rageonit View Post
    To afford more BoEs, you need to have gold first. Where do you get the gold if selling mats is unprofitable...?
    Oh, I think I know
    just do some boosts,its beyond stupid to buy tokens for gold,when boosting gets you way more gold,i mean sure if you are some CEO than sure,buying tokens is easier

Quite enjoying the low prices. Definitely is easy to buy stuff for cheap now, and less imposition based on your server’s population.
    Also hopefully will be the end of people botting for skinning and the rest, since there will be hardly any profit in that now.

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    just do some boosts,its beyond stupid to buy tokens for gold,when boosting gets you way more gold,i mean sure if you are some CEO than sure,buying tokens is easier
    I could easily boost but for me there's something about playing the game like a job which is less appealing than just playing the game. Every month or two I'll buy a token but this is mostly to cover the cost of flasks and potions. To each their own though.

Quote Originally Posted by Skalm View Post
    Funny how people think blizz doesn't know what they are doing....

They know exactly what they are doing. They know that if they hose the market so that its not as profitable, especially for those farming mats and what not, more people will then flock to tokens.
    ...what?
    if the price goes up people will still farm, and if the price goes down people will need to spend less gold and those who spend time farming will farm something else, which will lead to another movement and stabilising of price(in both ways just from different side), and impact on token will be negligible (not to mention token price is also not set, so IF there is any impact it will be on token price not amount sold)
    thats literaly how supply and demand work... maybe get some basic understanding of economy befopre trying (and failing miserably) to sound smart...

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    ...what?
    if the price goes up people will still farm, and if the price goes down people will need to spend less gold and those who spend time farming will farm something else, which will lead to another movement and stabilising of price(in both ways just from different side), and impact on token will be negligible (not to mention token price is also not set, so IF there is any impact it will be on token price not amount sold)
    thats literaly how supply and demand work... maybe get some basic understanding of economy befopre trying (and failing miserably) to sound smart...
    There's no amount of reasoning which will get through to a person who legitimately thinks that Blizzard is motivated by token sales. It's a mind virus.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mojusk View Post
    whenever i try to buy some mats i get the pop-up, this item is no longer available. if i spam buy it 10 times in a row, i may get lucky to buy what i want before someone else do.
    I'm loving it. Material prices are slowly dropping.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    I could easily boost but for me there's something about playing the game like a job which is less appealing than just playing the game. Every month or two I'll buy a token but this is mostly to cover the cost of flasks and potions. To each their own though.
    you dont have to boost like its your job,why would you?im not talking about rmt,just for your gold needs, a few hours a week is more than enough,and you can also easily do m+ with 2 friends on days when u dont raid

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    you dont have to boost like its your job,why would you?im not talking about rmt,just for your gold needs, a few hours a week is more than enough,and you can also easily do m+ with 2 friends on days when u dont raid
    If I'm providing a service for players then yeah. It feels like a job. At least for me. I don't like that feeling. I'd much rather just play for my own benefit.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    If I'm providing a service for players then yeah. It feels like a job. At least for me. I don't like that feeling. I'd much rather just play for my own benefit.
    well,yes you would be literaly playing for your own benefits,whats more rpg than taking gold from people to complete tasks for them?think of the players as advanced quest givers kekw