Terrible at AoE, please help!

Morning fellas, as the title suggests I'm awful at AoE in M+. I do just fine on single target or two mobs, but big trash pulls I can't seem to pull my weight. I obviously use Infernal as much as possible, I'm NF so I pop the CD, and I spam RoF with Havoc up. Any suggestions?

Armory link:
    HTML Code:
    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/us/nesingwary/jimson
    I specced into Fire and Brimstone because I seem to be shard capped if I go with Inferno.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

Well honestly its hard to say without seeing someone play, but one thing I always see is people dropping their Infernal constantly as soon as the C/D is up, which in theory sounds nice but they often end up dropping it on single targets and that's a waste. It can be better to delay using it until you hit packs of enemies to maximize your DPS output. Also what is more important is overall DPS at the end, because if for example you have a WW monk in your group you will see ridiculous spikes in DPS in some pulls but much lower dps overall every other time.

FnB is a straight up damage loss. Being capped at shards is not bad, it happens sometimes. Just spam RoF in those times. You never want to use incinerate in AoE scenarios, Inferno and 4pc should provide you with enough shards. Downtime you fill by applying immolate.
    If you don't like Inferno take Cataclysm. It's also the best choice for single target.

Destru is very dependant on big pulls and inferno timings. It shines in premade groups with a plan.

For PuGs and groups that pull only 5 mobs at a time I prefer demo.
    Last edited by LordVargK; 2022-09-06 at 03:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sensei View Post
    Well honestly its hard to say without seeing someone play, but one thing I always see is people dropping their Infernal constantly as soon as the C/D is up, which in theory sounds nice but they often end up dropping it on single targets and that's a waste. It can be better to delay using it until you hit packs of enemies to maximize your DPS output. Also what is more important is overall DPS at the end, because if for example you have a WW monk in your group you will see ridiculous spikes in DPS in some pulls but much lower dps overall every other time.
    That's what I am saying, my overall DPS at the end sucks because I can't AoE worth a shit.

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    FnB is a straight up damage loss. Being capped at shards is not bad, it happens sometimes. Just spam RoF in those times. You never want to use incinerate in AoE scenarios, Inferno and 4pc should provide you with enough shards. Downtime you fill by applying immolate.
    If you don't like Inferno take Cataclysm. It's also the best choice for single target.

Destru is very dependant on big pulls and inferno timings. It shines in premade groups with a plan.

Maybe I misspoke... I meant shard capped as in I don't have enough to consistently drop RoF. Good point on the Demo though.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

Link logs, armoury is useless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    Link logs, armoury is useless.
    I don't generally log M+ but I'll see what I can do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post

Echoing this.

Also, getting used to common routes and where you'll consistently see pulls of a certain size should change how you approach your rotation.
    Thanks for the ad-hominem; it supports your inability to support your argument.

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I specced Inferno and results were better. Still getting used to it but I can see an improvement.