Thread: Cyberpunk 2077

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    Well, that goes for alot of things we humans like to spend time doing. Reading books, watching movies/series, playing games.. We get excited about something, then it turns out being quite boring and/or just plain bad. Not at all what you envisioned.

Thats just how things go. One can only blame ourself, and of course sometimes those that fail to deliver a good product.
    The world is wide enough though. If I am upset to point of serious disappointment a book or game is not appealing to me as I anticipated; there are more books and games in existence than I can ever read or play still.

I get being disappointed something didn't turn out as expected. That is natural. But media is so voluminous there is no reason for consumers to marry themselves to the latest Jim Butcher book or CDPR game.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    The world is wide enough though. If I am upset to point of serious disappointment a book or game is not appealing to me as I anticipated; there are more books and games in existence than I can ever read or play still.

I get being disappointed something didn't turn out as expected. That is natural. But media is so voluminous there is no reason for consumers to marry themselves to the latest Jim Butcher book or CDPR game.
    I agree! Its a game, its supposed to be entertainment. if its not that, I just move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Neuroticaine View Post
    Having so many bugs that it ruins your enjoyment and immersion is absolutely broken. I waited over 8 years for the game to come out, and the fact that it was buggy enough to ruin my fun within 4 and a half hours of playing is the most depressing thing to happen in my life as a gamer. Also as other people have stated, there were entire skills that simply did not work on release. Ya know. Broken. Y'all really gotta stop defending the state of the game upon it's release.

- - - Updated - - -

congratulations
    You obviously have no interest in the game at all if you stopped playing for some bugs that didnt impact gameplay at all, its not even long enough to complain about any issues with the skill tree, the game on release was more than playable and enjoyable, your playtime in the game is not enough to even encounter many bugs so you are talking nonsense.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Quote Originally Posted by The Vindicator View Post
    Waited 8 years implies you're actively thinking and anticipating that

If you spend 8 years waiting for anything that's just derangement
    People can look forward to something without thinking about it every second of the day or building a shrine to the thing. LOL

Oh Cyberpunk is extremely easy even without cheesy weapons, definitely easier than TW3 which can be challenging on death march, my pistol build you have to actually try to die even on very hard

I did lose some save progress in tw3 but that was GOG rather than tw3 I think, never had that issue with tw2 on steam
    When TW3 released, whirlwind + leech made you immortal unless something one shot you. Every swing -> full hp. Regardless of difficulty. I remember i simply spammed bosses into corner disregarding any defence.

Years later when i played two DLCs i just used shield which also was broken. Being able to withstand one hit regardless of power? Broken AF.

Cyberpunk had a problem with said sniper that was power weapon BUT also had unlimited pierce, bullets simply ignored all terrain and obstacles. Combine that with ping and nobody sees you if you are in another building. I had a video when i shot guys in basement while being outside of building on street.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

To be fair I never use quen when I play because the game becomes too easy, but in Cyberpunk pretty much every build is really overpowered
    I always had a knack for finding broken shit in games, and no, no signs were necessary, you just used whirlwind and Ekhidna decoction, just a skill and combination of talents (that extended this to 30 minutes lol). You can look that up, it was broken beyond belief
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSZsU0mk8pE

CP2077, well, it simply ignores walls and obstacles making it absurd
    https://youtu.be/rUY9ldIOFKE?t=54

That means you could snipe from 2 buildings away THRU WALLS, 20 walls, floors, metal supports, everything, as long as you saw enemies (that required ping hack). Funniest thing about it, I had "non-leathal" mod installed in weapon, so doing 100k headshot crits did not kill enemies
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

Clearly you miss my point

Saying you're waiting 8 years for a game when it wasn't even a sure thing for those 8 years is just dishonest
    No, I got your point. I am saying there is no reason to admonish other people for saying they were looking forward to a piece of media. That doesn't inherently imply the person is "deranged" or obsessively marking the days in their shrine to Johnny Siilverhand. The exact duration is irrelevant in that regard too- there is no difference in timing and neither does the consumer need to provide exact dates & times as to win they decided something looked interesting to their eye. That is nuts.

It is more than suitable in casual discussion for someone to say, "I was looking forward to this for a long time" as "I was looking forward to this for [duration]."

The world is wide, brother.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is how Cyberpunk 2077 should have been released:

The first video sequence of V and Jackie's relationship should be PLAYABLE instead of a cutscene.

Jackie's death should NOT be spoilered through a fucking trailer before game's launch.

Dexter's betrayal should NOT be spoilered through a trailer before game's launch either.

None of these things helped HYPE UP the game, they only made it worse for players.

I bought CP77 on release and refunded it within 35hrs played, it was so bad at that time.
    Now I decided to give it another go with the Edgerunners series, as did everybody else, but this time I borrowed the game. I might buy it together with the DLC when it comes out, preferably on a discount.
    Thank you for reading
    Scam Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

7+ Year Old Account
    Unless the new dlc changes the endings to make them good or just removes your brain friend from the story entirely, I don't see any way to save this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    Unless the new dlc changes the endings to make them good or just removes your brain friend from the story entirely, I don't see any way to save this game.
    That is entirely subjective. Lots of people enjoyed the story and endings. There is no such thing as "good ending" that everybody agrees on or a story that appeals equally to everyone.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2022-09-25 at 06:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Proskill View Post
    This is how Cyberpunk 2077 should have been released:

The first video sequence of V and Jackie's relationship should be PLAYABLE instead of a cutscene.
    I agree big time. Jackie's death meant almost nothing to me because you spend so little time together.

7+ Year Old Account
    That is entirely subjective. Lots of people enjoyed the story and endings. There is no such thing as "good ending" that everything agress on or a story that appeals equally to everyone.
    It doesn't matter what other people like. All that matters is i think the story and endings are crap. So unless some dlc comes out to change that then the game is dead to me.

It doesn't matter what other people like. All that matters is i think the story and endings are crap. So unless some dlc comes out to change that then the game is dead to me.
    Yea, but so what? How and why would a company ever know of your personal picadillos?

That's just silly commentary.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yea, but so what? How and why would a company ever know of your personal picadillos?

That's just silly commentary.
    Hey if you like the game that's cool but i think it's hot crap. The story isn't even all that's wrong with the game. So really the game needs a LOT of dlc to make it good.

I picked it up when it was on sale recently. I never brought into the hype of CD project Red as outside of the story and characters I felt witcher 3 was over rated.

Gotta admit im having fun with Cyberpunk though, Couple of crashes so far tried to sour the mood, but only had one T-bone Pose so far loading into a nightclub so I can see how this game would have been a hot mess on earlier consoles. But playing it on a good PC, i'm having fun.

Since I haven’t been paying attention to things here anymore.

Did they manage to fix the issues for console players?
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by Traveler Voltin View Post
    Since I haven’t been paying attention to things here anymore.

Did they manage to fix the issues for console players?
    No I believe they are not even selling the DLC on previous consoles and will be ps5/xbox w/e the latest one is called will have it with PC.

Hey if you like the game that's cool but i think it's hot crap. The story isn't even all that's wrong with the game. So really the game needs a LOT of dlc to make it good.
    That is irrelevant though. It is silly to say, "Unless the developers change the story, and their artistic vision and annex a major actor from playing a key role in the story- they can't save this game!"

Of course, CDPR is not gonna do that and they wouldn't even know how to satisfy you or the next fellow. Pointless and silly.

Bought the game not too long ago for the PS5 while the summer sales were on, honestly enjoying it.

7+ Year Old Account
    That is irrelevant though. It is silly to say, "Unless the developers change the story, and their artistic vision and annex a major actor from playing a key role in the story- they can't save this game!"

Of course, CDPR is not gonna do that and they wouldn't even know how to satisfy you or the next fellow. Pointless and silly.
    They know how to satisfy me, just make the game good.