Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    In the middle of the ocean for 7 months out of the year

Realm First Herbalism after just 12 minutes into WOTLK Live?

So, (since the patch started about 5min early) this guy got "Realm First! Grand Master Herbalist!". I was wondering how in the hell thats even possible that quick?!

A druid summoned in flight form from Outland stays in flight form, and herbing doesn't dismount.
    Raid bosses will always be very similar so long as encounter design requires DPS to always be pumping 100%.

10+ Year Old Account
    In the middle of the ocean for 7 months out of the year
    Ah that would make sense. He would effectivly have the entire zones to himself then

I got kicked 10 min into wrath now I have a 160 min que time this is utter BS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by garicasha View Post
    A druid summoned in flight form from Outland stays in flight form, and herbing doesn't dismount.
    Exploit? or "Creative use of game mechanics"?
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    outside of being able to fly in northrend without cold weather flying, nothing there is 'exploiting', it's purely a 'clever use of game mechanics' as everything is functioning as it is supposed to function, it's just an interesting set of circumstances leading to the outcome that should have been fixed by blizzard but as we know they don't have a testing/QA team anymore so stuff like this will always slip through.

Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    outside of being able to fly in northrend without cold weather flying, nothing there is 'exploiting', it's purely a 'clever use of game mechanics' as everything is functioning as it is supposed to function, it's just an interesting set of circumstances leading to the outcome that should have been fixed by blizzard but as we know they don't have a testing/QA team anymore so stuff like this will always slip through.
    so that is exploit.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    without the exploit it's not a exploit... perfect logic......
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    Both, I'd say. Hasn't stopped Blizz from revoking progress before. /shrug
    I'd doubt it though, realm first achieves did have some issues back in 2008.

Quote Originally Posted by Palapop View Post
    so that is exploit.
    Your honor, my client wishes to plead the Fifth.

10+ Year Old Account
    so that is exploit.
    the technical term is a loophole!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    without the exploit it's not a exploit... perfect logic......
    except that's exactly the case, the only thing that's not working as it's intended to be used is the ability to fly in northrend without cold weather flying unlocked, everything else functions exactly as the devs intended for it to be used, ergo, no exploit, simply using a loophole to clever get around a limitation to get something ahead of others.

10+ Year Old Account
    the technical term is a loophole!

- - - Updated - - -

except that's exactly the case, the only thing that's not working as it's intended to be used is the ability to fly in northrend without cold weather flying unlocked, everything else functions exactly as the devs intended for it to be used, ergo, no exploit, simply using a loophole to clever get around a limitation to get something ahead of others.
    Logic isn't your strong point is it.

Your honor. I didn't stab him. kinetic energy stabbed him.... I stopped pushing before the knife hit him....
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

so that is exploit.
    It's an exploit.
    It's like getting into a club by crawling through the bathroom window and calling it a clever use of game mechanics.
    Bypassing zone rules isn't an intended effect of ritual of summoning.
    It's different from things like rextroy one shotting a raidboss where he's not breaking any rules because blizz didn't have buff cleansing on a raid instance and just assumed all temp buffs would be gone by the time you get to the boss. That was lack of blizz foresight and clever use of mechanics, the druid is just breaking the rules by using an exploit to get benefits he shouldn't have in an area he shouldn't have them

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    Logic isn't your strong point is it.

Your honor. I didn't stab him. kinetic energy stabbed him.... I stopped pushing before the knife hit him....
    summoning worked as intended, flight form worked as intended, outside of flight form working without a pre-requisite component everything worked as it was intended to, you can argue whatever you like it doesn't mean that it wasn't a loophole while not actually exploiting anything in game.

summoning worked as intended, flight form worked as intended, outside of flight form working without a pre-requisite component everything worked as it was intended to, you can argue whatever you like it doesn't mean that it wasn't a loophole while not actually exploiting anything in game.
    It obviously didn't work as intended, because "as intended" means "can't fly without northrend flying".
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena
    Whats the saying .. You have two brain cells and they are both fighting for third place !

Flight form isn't working as intended if it's allowing you to fly where you shouldn't be.

And the players using it fully well know that they shouldn't be able to fly in Northrend so quickly.

"It's not an exploit, it's just an exploit!"
    you don't happen to be a US politician, do you?

edit: Blizzard has banned and rolled back achievements for significantly less broken shit in this expansion most notably. Seems like a dangerous game to play for an achievement that gives you absolutely nothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't ever try to be a lawyer. You suck.

So in other words an exploit
    "Peace is a lie"

What do you think exploit means?
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.