Poll: Do you like Dragonriding?

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigantique View Post
    To be fair he produced as much reasoning for his argument as you did yours
    You don't need reasoning to state it is awesome, you just have to do it - it is self evident.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    And your evidence for this is...?
    I've not seen many people who supported slow speed riding coming in patch X.2 .. have you ?

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    I've not seen many people who supported slow speed riding coming in patch X.2 .. have you ?
    Is this some weird attempt at whataboutism?
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

No one has any evidence either way obviously LOL, all we know is that it's very popular feature in guild Wars 2. But wow players are not GW players so it remains to be seen how well it will be received

Dragonriding as a concept is pretty cool, but as usual similar to personal loot/group loot, blizzard prefers to give you no choice at all. There is zero reason to force only dragonriding in dragon isles. The least they can do is add a Pathfinder type achievement once season 1 starts and allow you to fly any regular mount with regular flying.

Again, dragonriding is fun and interactive, but after a while it becomes incredibly annoying when you just want to fly normally, explore or transit. And no, flight paths arent an alternative as you cant make stops whenever you want compared to regular flying through a zone.

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Is this some weird attempt at whataboutism?
    Not sure how it is weird to compare the previous 3 or 4 expansions flying with the DF flying system.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Celement View Post
    I think there are just different types of players. I want flying because in a decade they haven't managed to make me give two shits about the world content beyond I need to mindlessly farm X for Y.

WoW isn't a massive mmo like fornite with a 100 players engaging each other. It's a game mostly about smaller groups equipping themselves to join 20 man groups.

Don't get me wrong either making the world appeal to me would be disastrous to other groups of players. I doubt many want a world mob to become a mage tower fight.

- - - Updated - - -

It kinda is to me too. I might not care about dragon riding and see it as a down grade from flight but it's better then the "cheat" items of legion like the one that hops you into the air then let's you slow fall.
    I think the simple solution is allow both types of flying and people who like oldschool flying will be much less efficient in all regards when it comes to travel in the open world.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    I think the simple solution is allow both types of flying and people who like oldschool flying will be much less efficient in all regards when it comes to travel in the open world.
    It might be what ends up happening. I think it's a mountain over a molehill either way.

It's hands down one of the best, if not the best feature blizzard have ever implemented. Its beyond amazing.
    Not sure what people are talking about, either they dont have beta and just join the hatetrain or they have totally misunderstood the purpose...
    It's not to replace flying... Flying is staying, its not the same...

Dragon riding is the quality of life everyone that wants flying on day 1 have asked for... You can cross small, medium and sometimes over 1500 yards distances with it, there's a lot of cliffs and elevated places for most of the hubs.
    You also level it up by getting runes and it will become even more powerful.

This is one of those things where 99% of the playerbase will go "why the hell haven't we ALWAYS had this" and you're not gonna be able to live without it going forward.
    You heard it here first.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Dragonriding is 3 times as fast as minecraft hovering, you will literally spend less time travelling and more time "playing the actual game" than you would with hovering.
    My biggest problem with it so far? Its that you travel to far too fast with it. And those 50 yards distances are not really worth it but the ability is so fun, i find myself just flying around gliding

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    Yeah, it doesn't feel great. I would have preferred if we got regular flying with the new features added on top. They're taking away a lot of what makes flying fun and I don't think they're making up for it enough.
    There's nothing about flying that is fun, what are you even talking about?
    its convenient, but fun? Hell no...
    Dragon riding is both fun AND convenient while ALSO being faster...

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmicpreds View Post
    What do you mean seriously??? Thought this was already a known thing...

And regular flying comes much later, and to the people that glitched out and actually managed to "fly" regularly in the Isles on Alpha/Beta, it is way too fucking slow and boring.

You are to explore the world and make it fun. Regular flying is fucking boring and unfun. The land itself is supposed to be big enough for ground mount AFKing to be safe as is.
    By "seriously" I meant the lack of being able to just idle in some point of the space.

I have no idea how they're going to implement warmode with dragon riding, the net-toy will be totally useless because of the dragons speed.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    I have no idea how they're going to implement warmode with dragon riding, the net-toy will be totally useless because of the dragons speed.
    Crash into another player with warmode at high speeds dismounts them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmicpreds View Post
    The Dragons aren't supposed to hover in the air as it is not the point of that, but if they do add such an option, I wouldn't be against it..
    That part will never ever happen as they have made blue posts exactly about NOT doing that. So no worry about it

One interesting question is what they'll do with it going forward. People won't be happy if they reset progress in a new expansion nor if it suddenly deactivated like normal expansion features.

Gw2 has the super long mastery grind but it's also a game you can finish and basically be done forever which is not a good business model for a subscription game like wow

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    By "seriously" I meant the lack of being able to just idle in some point of the space.

You can dismount people with your own dragon.

Last edited by FelPlague; 2022-10-02 at 10:32 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    I just got in the beta today and I have to say I'm very disappointed with how Dragonriding feels, especially after everyone hyped it up as being "better than normal flying". I can't speak for everyone obviously, but I would much rather prefer if I could just press and hold space to go in the air like you do with normal flying mounts. It feels awful that you can't do that with Dragonriding. I would compare it to the feeling of not being able to jump in a video game. Terrible.

The special actions also look and feel very clunky, they don't flow together nicely at all. Not a fan. I hope they ditch this gimmick in the next expansion for sure.
    If you just joined Beta, I am assuming you did what most people will do when they play at launch. You reached Chapter 3 of the Waking Shores. Acquired Dragonriding at the Ruby Life Pools, and got disappointed.

I'm going to assume that you haven't collected the 40-50 Dragon Glyphs from all four zones yet?

These Dragon Glyphs achievements are not just achievements. They are a Dragonriding currency that is used to unlock Dragonriding Talents. Once you unlock all the Dragonriding Talents, flying is so much satisfying and you can keep vigor up almost nonstop while you have the Thrill of the Skies buff active.

I uploaded a video to YouTube showing the location of all the Glyphs, and created a map about a month ago showing the locations.

If your feedback is based on not unlocking all the talents, go collect the Dragon Glyphs, unlock all the talents, and let us know how Dragonriding feels. It takes about 2 hours to collect all the Dragon Glyphs.

Really love dragon flying. Would highly recommend getting all the glyphs as soon as possible. There will be a couple of them in Thaldrazus that should be left to the end, because the extra vigor/regen make it much easier. So get all of the ones in zones not named Thaldrazus and then clean up the ones in the SW part of the zone and work your way towards the east-northeast. The extra time it takes to get the glyphs you will more than make up in travel time as you are leveling.

It's like GW2 flying movement mounts - but somehow worst.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    It's like GW2 flying movement mounts - but somehow worst.
    GW2 ones are awesome once you get the hang of it. Probably the same for Dragon Riding.

I love zooming around the place on my customizable dragon, its fun and it gets you from A - B much faster than a normal flying mount ever would.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Not as simple though, as having access to regular flying would for example make the harder-to-reach dragonglyphs in Thaldrazsus trivial if you could just hop on your noclip minecraft hover mode and go there.

My bet is that their plan is to roll out regular flying for «old» DF content and keep dragonriding the only option in new ones so they can put more hard-to-reach areas with rewards for those who want them there.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    You can dismount people with your own dragon.
    https://i.imgur.com/pCnnFiM.pnghttps...om/j4x0AJ3.png
    Oh this just made my day I really hope they don’t change/remove it.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Oh this just made my day I really hope they don’t change/remove it.
    oh they dont plan to, this has been in since start, and this is how they plan to let you world pvp, it even got buffed a bit since its first addition.
    dont want it, just dont get on pvp.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content