Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Thumbs up Spamming people with youtubers and streamers in order to give them beta keys.

It's such a suboptimal and frustrating process. Instead of giving keys to people directly: most people have to beg youtubers and streamers and others with a personal financial benefit in wasting people's time with ads and irrelevant promotions in order for you to have a chance (not even a guarantee) to get a key to a beta software (software that is not high quality/finished).

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    It's such a suboptimal and frustrating process. Instead of giving keys to people directly: most people have to beg youtubers and streamers and others with a personal financial benefit in wasting people's time with ads and irrelevant promotions in order for you to have a chance (not even a guarantee) to get a key to a beta software (software that is not high quality/finished).
    You do know a VAST majority of keys are just given to players right? The ones given to content creators are in the extreme minority, just it's one of the ways for players who actively want them to try and get them.

If you think the software is not worth it, don't worry about it then, those who want it will go for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Sadly, streamers and youtubers have become one of the major marketing focus because people apparently really love to watch unsifferable influencers telling them which game to play and how to play them.

So game companies need them to stream their games, and the best way to convince them to do that is to give them something that will attract viewers, such as exclusive content or well, beta keys. If you can give them that, influencers will gladly fake enthusiasm about any product.

Even though you seem irrationally annoyed at the promotion. I will weigh in and say that while I, personally, would like a beta key. I certainly wont watch people I wasnt already watching, just to get one. Which is none of those people. I actually dont even know who any of those people are, aside from Bagheera, but I've never watched the guy. Only know his name.

15+ Year Old Account
    I actually agree somewhat with epigramx (who knew that would ever happen). I got invited last wave but before that I didn't even bother trying to get a key from streamers.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    extreme minority
    "Extreme minority". I just noticed an almost irrelevant discord server spamming "WE HAVE ANOTHER 50 KEYS TO GIVE AWAY!"["if you do this and that to promote us" of course]. Imagine the others.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Varanus View Post
    irrationally annoyed
    Just an observation, and it can't be otherwise, since I don't want to play it at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Extreme minority". I just noticed an almost irrelevant discord server spamming "WE HAVE ANOTHER 50 KEYS TO GIVE AWAY!"["if you do this and that to promote us" of course]. Imagine the others.

- - - Updated - - -

Just an observation, and it can't be otherwise, since I don't want to play it at all.
    That's anecdotal evidence.

That'd be like me saying bears don't exist, because I've yet to see one.

Yes, you see alot of keys being given away by influencers, but that's because they want you to see that. They are partnering with these people to both promote the upcoming game, and give these people some more notoriety, with a benefit of having more testers (Even if these people won't report bugs or give feedback).

What you don't see, is the 100k+ people who were invited to the beta well before this occured, as well as the myriad of people who get invited (like myself) while these things are happening.

Awesome Sig/Avatar by the lovely Rivellana

- - - Updated - - -

...back in the late 90s early 2000s there were little browser games that required this kinda thing...back in my Newgrounds days Outwar was one of the biggest ones doesn't mean they are a majority just means the most annoying

You do know a VAST majority of keys are just given to players right? The ones given to content creators are in the extreme minority, just it's one of the ways for players who actively want them to try and get them.

If you think the software is not worth it, don't worry about it then, those who want it will go for it.
    I don't think he does. I also don't think you know that either... Do you have, like... statistics on that or...? No? Zip it then.

Yes, i understand its frustrating. And even if FanboyPlague up there is right its definitely suggesting that its the only way to BETA TEST (which is doing a service TO THEM) by watching all that stuff. Their idea is for you to sit in these stupid streams with such a transparent plan behind it, that my brain melts. "BUT... BUT... SHAREHOLDER-SAN... ITS WATCHED A LOT ON TWITCH!" by the same people, every time regardless if they got a key or not. There was at least one person who... somehow... got three. Its just a marketing ploy and its typical Blizzard fashion
    If you are offended by something i said, im probably at least 45% sorry about it and there is a 3% Chance it was not on purpose!

Blizzard, getting away with murder since at least 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by Frinata View Post
    partnering with these people to both promote the upcoming game, and give these people some more notoriety, with a benefit of having more testers
    That's obviously what Microsoft think they're doing, but it's probably making it worse. A lot of people would rather not play a beta(unfinished) software if they have to promote (financially) the real life jobs of streamers and other businesses.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's obviously what Microsoft think they're doing, but it's probably making it worse. A lot of people would rather not play a beta(unfinished) software if they have to promote (financially) the real life jobs of streamers and other businesses.
    That's a claim you, nor I, can't realisticly prove right or wrong. I know that the last time I participated in a giveaway via streamers, was for Monster Hunter, and I am still following said streamers to this day. It comes and goes with people. It's fine if you don't like the behavior, and I can understand why you don't like it.

But it doesn't change the fact that this arrangement is of mutual benefit to all involved. Alot of the content creators put alot of effort into their work, and to have the people who make the game you base your content on show up and approve, and work with you, is the penultimate hope of content creation.

7+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah that's a scam, they do not have fucking 50 keys to give away, actual scam my dude.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SoundOfGuns View Post
    I don't think he does. I also don't think you know that either... Do you have, like... statistics on that or...? No? Zip it then.

Yes, i understand its frustrating. And even if FanboyPlague up there is right its definitely suggesting that its the only way to BETA TEST (which is doing a service TO THEM) by watching all that stuff. Their idea is for you to sit in these stupid streams with such a transparent plan behind it, that my brain melts. "BUT... BUT... SHAREHOLDER-SAN... ITS WATCHED A LOT ON TWITCH!" by the same people, every time regardless if they got a key or not. There was at least one person who... somehow... got three. Its just a marketing ploy and its typical Blizzard fashion
    Yes I fucking do have statistics, I wonder how... Hmm I've been in alpha since day 1. I wonder how I fucking know... It's a mystery. Maybe I should ask the people I gave a couple codes to about it.

And no it's not suggesting such it's just an alternative method, they have been saying since release if you want in apply, and you might get in, however the content creator thing is just another way to get in, which funnily enough is promoted far more by mmochamp and wowhead then blizz themselves.
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2022-10-05 at 09:27 AM.

Its free marketing - streamers get paid by being the promoters via their own streams, blizz gets to market the game and use ppl to test for bugs.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    Its free marketing - streamers get paid by being the promoters via their own streams, blizz gets to market the game and use ppl to test for bugs.
    And players who really want in early who did not get a beta key, have a higher chance of getting one, literally a win win win win.

So for op ---
    Let me explain, if blizz instead of giving away these keys, just randomly added these few to the generic pool, it would be far more likely many of those keys would go to people not even really interested.

By having people have to "work" for the keys, it makes sure the people who get these ones actually really want them. Most keys just go randomly to people, but a lot of those people also never log in, or log in for 10 mins to try out their class. These keys while in much smaller quantity. And harder to get, make sure those players are players who really want in.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes I fucking do have statistics, I wonder how... Hmm I've been in alpha since day 1. I wonder how I fucking know... It's a mystery. Maybe I should ask the people I gave a couple codes to about it.
    If you have statistics then I'm sure you wouldn't mind sharing them?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    If you have statistics then I'm sure you wouldn't mind sharing them?
    ... Yeah let me just ruin any chance of getting in another future alpha, or any possible events, or another BlizzCon media pass, for ya real quick.

But nah, a VAST majority of invites are random invites given out to people who sign up.

And no it's not suggesting such it's just an alternative method, they have been saying since release if you want in apply, and you might get in, however the content creator thing is just another way to get in, which funnily enough is promoted far more by mmochamp and wowhead then blizz themselves.

Are you twelve? Right now your weird rambling is about as legit as "My Dad works at Nintendo."... Till you showed sources, i will reserve the right to say you got jackshit. Either way; Dont rip into a random person just because they get annoyed about the Influencer-Focus. They got every right to as well.

p.s.: Im by the way also sure they send more out the ordinary way, but that doesn't make it less stupid.
    If you are offended by something i said, im probably at least 45% sorry about it and there is a 3% Chance it was not on purpose!

Blizzard, getting away with murder since at least 2019.

15+ Year Old Account
    ... Yeah let me just ruin any chance of getting in another future alpha, or any possible events, or another BlizzCon media pass, for ya real quick.

But nah, a VAST majority of invites are random invites given out to people who sign up.
    I never doubted (just to be clear) that most keys are given out via opt-in, compared to ones given away via streamers.

I think epigramx is merely saying the whole process of having to convince/beg/whatever a content creator to get a key is frustrating and boring. But as others have pointed out, it's really a no lose situation for Blizzard.

Still think an open beta would have been better.

7+ Year Old Account
    Are you twelve? Right now your weird rambling is about as legit as "My Dad works at Nintendo."... Till you showed sources, i will reserve the right to say you got jackshit. Either way; Dont rip into a random person just because they get annoyed about the Influencer-Focus. They got every right to as well.
    Bro... I am the source, as is every other content creator who is giving away these keys, or has been in since the alpha, l of us can confirm for a fact. A vast majority of invites are random.

Also oh no, blizz is giving away 1% of their keys to content creators to give away, it's horrible. It's a weird complaint that just seems entitled, especially since it's actually better then random invite, cause having to work for the key proves you actually want it, where a lot of people up randomly get thekey don't even ah, or do so for 10 mins to try their class then log off.

It's not an influence focus, it's an influencer side thing.

Each week they give out more random invites to the beta, then all the keys they have given to content creators to give out.

10+ Year Old Account

p.s.: Im by the way also sure they send more out the ordinary way, but that doesn't make it less stupid.
    So you want to protect the OP's freedom to say w/e they want... By supressing FelPlague's right to say w/e they want. Riiight.

FelPlague is a content creator. That's their source. For literal legal reasons, they cannot show you the statistics they have access to, because of an NDA that basicly all Alpha testers HAVE to sign before they are allowed any where near the content. I cannot say for certain what other information this afford content creators, but basing FelPlague's statement, and my actually knowing them outside of MMO-Champ, I'm inclined to take their more reliable word, then someone who just finished contradicting themselves in the same sentence.