Thread: 6 Week Catalyst

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eli85 View Post
    If the catalyst came in right away, or sooner, it would produce two things: 1) players at all skill levels would push past boss walls faster, and 2) players at all skill levels would clear the tier sooner. Whether or not either of those are problems are up to you, but if Blizzard was concerned with it, tuning can fix it.
    Or there is another issue, the raid would be tuned expecting players to have the set pieces (at least 2pc if not 4pc) to continue progression. Which could mean that without the set pieces players would need to perform at a higher level. Granted this isn't as big of an issue for top end of raiders but it would be very punishing for rest.

Besides, are we forgetting that there are other sources to get gear? We'll still have M+ and some form of the Great Vault. The crafting systems in DF seem to allow normal/heroic raid level gear to be crafted (provided you farm the mats).

6 Weeks is fine IMO.
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebeast View Post
    If you don't raid, why are you worried about tier? Let's talk about M+ ruining raiding if you want to get into it. I would like to see M+ go to the restriction of having to complete in time. Too many scrubs out there get loot handed to them this way and have no clue on how to play their classes. You want to run M+ for achieves, then fine. But high level gear should not be handed out in this way
    Raiding is becoming more of a niche witch is fantastic right? Dont you guys have it to be so exclusive so only REAL raiders know about challenge and how hard it was and get all nostolgic about it? If you play at 80% capacity you should be good enough to clear any content in the game and we can look at almost every single game on the market and most would assume as such this is not the NES days anymore ( thank god for that who wants to blow in the bloody cart anyway ). Transmog ruined/killed the entire COOL SETS from raiding, the group finder makes getting into pugs easier ruining the need for a guild ( i pug all my M+ keys until i get KSM and then stop the game ) and now with enough time those same mythic plus only people get within striking distance item level wise which again is win/win.

If raiding was such an enjoyable experience then it would just have people fall head over heels for it instead of having everything catered to it and even with that most people are just doing what i am doing while spending their time playing other games. Raiders ruined raiding by acting like they have always acted, they should have been more welcoming. The genie can not go back into the bottle at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebeast View Post
    If you don't raid, why are you worried about tier? Let's talk about M+ ruining raiding if you want to get into it. I would like to see M+ go to the restriction of having to complete in time. Too many scrubs out there get loot handed to them this way and have no clue on how to play their classes. You want to run M+ for achieves, then fine. But high level gear should not be handed out in this way
    first of all i do raid, and in sepulcher i didnt have 2p bonus untill catalyst, i got whole 3 tier pieces but for the same slot, dunno why some people seem to be stuck with mentality that catalyst helps everybody but raiders when it help raiders too and having it sooner would benefit literaly everybody...

second, why indeed non-riders care about something that have 10%+ impact on dps in m+ or any other content... are you seriously asking that? in DF at least it wont be so impactful

third, not that i disagree with m+ timing, but what about raids? you died on boss, and people killed it without you, should you be able to loot? after all you are scrub who just got handed the loot, since you didnt help kill the boss... or you wiped few times, well you are scrubs who cant done it on first few attempts, so no gear for you even if you kill it, right? would only be fair to reward people who one-shot it more...

and last but not least, high level gear should be rewarded in ALL content, not to the very top, but high enough, and as it is now with mythic raids giving absolute best and everything being lower its absolutely fine, after all its not like hc raids or early mythic bosses are really that difficult...
    actualy last few HC bosses in sepulcher (especialy jailer) were harder than first few mythic bosses, so those who killed first few mythic bosses should not just be "handed" the gear right? they should work for it on the harder bosses...

the reward structure from S3 - up to normal from world content, up to "late" heroic from M+ with one weekly "low" mythic from m+ (which you can get by raiding ofc) - seems to be great, everybody have some progress and hardest content have hardest reward ceiling...
    seems like only issue with that are people who think their preferred content is "best" and screw everybody else, but who cares about such egoistic pricks
    Last edited by Lolites; 2022-10-06 at 08:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by paxen View Post
    The issue is that the catalyst is still catchup - the intended way to acquire tier gear is to raid. Even if that messes up PVP and M+, because you can M+ and PVP as much as you want, you still won't get set bonuses the first two months of the season (unless you luck out on the vault). They seem to have decided that raid needs the tier carrot, and M+ers better get their asses into raiding guilds and help fill out raids.
    I mean M+ is never really competitive early on. Serious pushing will likely not happen in the first 6 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I mean M+ is never really competitive early on. Serious pushing will likely not happen in the first 6 weeks.
    That's likely because at the top end mythic raid gear is way quicker, m+ eventually starts to get close in ilvl but that requires Vault.

If you're doing lower stuff like HC raid and +15-20s, M+ is likely ahead from the get go (except no tier again).