Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    What are you talking about? the log in themes for wow have always been 2-3 minutes...
    Excuse me?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Esper View Post
    WoW music took a noticeable dive in quality in BfA. That was the first expansion that I really thought they phoned most of it in.
    I'd say that the quality drop began in Legion. Only tracks I could remember was the Warrior class order hall, that atmospheric Suramar music, and that tense violin that screeched 24/7 in Argus. Everything else was forgettable. Contrast that with MoP and WoD's soundtrack, where most of the songs are on my favorite's playlist.

Sounds like music you listen to while waiting in queue for a fantasy themed ride. Kinda generic and doesn't feel like Warcraft.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Luck4 View Post
    Way too short and doesn't even include the BGM of the launch trailer.

It became good towards the end, though, with the OST from the DF cinematic.
    Yeah they used the song in OW2 aswell

Last edited by Msi; 2022-10-12 at 11:31 AM.

I like it, it gives me flying vibes so it fits in my opinion. And I'm glad its short. Vanilla and TBC were also around 3 minutes, and I loved these two the most, because you could actually finish listening to them while logging in (in the days when pcs were slow lol). Who listens to 10 minutes of login music anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Sounds like music you listen to while waiting in queue for a fantasy themed ride. Kinda generic and doesn't feel like Warcraft.
    Well... isn't this expansion a fantasy themed ride? It's frikking dragons man!
    Last edited by Baharroth; 2022-10-12 at 11:09 AM.

Music became much worse in WoW after Russel Brower left sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by KSM899 View Post
    The login music is a joke .. gotta be ...
    It gives me .... desert ... egipt .... indiana johnes (in a bad way), vibes ....

And I doubt it will change, but it doesn't feel to have any corelation with dragonflight expac .... feels like something else.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Excuse me?

- - - Updated - - -

I'd say that the quality drop began in Legion. Only tracks I could remember was the Warrior class order hall, that atmospheric Suramar music, and that tense violin that screeched 24/7 in Argus. Everything else was forgettable. Contrast that with MoP and WoD's soundtrack, where most of the songs are on my favorite's playlist.
    Notice how only 2 minutes of that login screen music is unique to the login screen and the rest is from other zones in the shadowlands, just ripped straight from there, you can even hear the exact moment it swaps to revendreth music.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

I dont think I've ever been on the login screen long enough to notice the music. XD

It look more like a preview than a finished track. It feels like all the parts are rushed (probably because it's short like the Vanilla one, instead of being around 10-15min of the last ones), the WoW leitmotif is too washed down while the DF one is too intrusive, and the style clashes too much (it sounds closer to what you would hear in Overwatch than in Warcraft)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kel_Sceptic View Post
    It gives me .... desert ... egipt .... indiana johnes (in a bad way), vibes ....

And I doubt it will change, but it doesn't feel to have any corelation with dragonflight expac .... feels like something else.
    It sounds like a mix of arabesque, indian and chinese to me. And visually, DF gives those vibes too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like all the other login screen/game music i turn down.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Listen to it instead of looking at video bars in cata you can hear the silver shard mine music and in BFA Boralus music.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

First expansion I haven’t enjoyed the log in music for. Three things carry WoW for me, the art team, the lore team and the music team. Art has let me down for this expansion, too bright and colourful, like it’s to attract fortnite players. Lore, well don’t need to mention it after BFA and SL, but I didn’t expect the music to be a let down. Maybe the first expansion for me that I think is worth a miss.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Notice how only 2 minutes of that login screen music is unique to the login screen and the rest is from other zones in the shadowlands, just ripped straight from there, you can even hear the exact moment it swaps to revendreth music.
    Your point being? They mesh them well together enough to not be so noticeable. It's not like the music comes to a full stop.

That's it, this login music is way too bad, there are no redeeming factors to it, and to me it's all that matters. I'm quitting WoW.

Probably I'll still hang about to complain like an idiot about everything Blizzard does though.

Quote Originally Posted by Soikona View Post
    First expansion I haven’t enjoyed the log in music for. Three things carry WoW for me, the art team, the lore team and the music team. Art has let me down for this expansion, too bright and colourful, like it’s to attract fortnite players. Lore, well don’t need to mention it after BFA and SL, but I didn’t expect the music to be a let down. Maybe the first expansion for me that I think is worth a miss.
    Imagine quitting over log in music

10+ Year Old Account
    The login music suite sounds very noisy and bland, just like the last two login screens. And it's two minutes long. That doesn't even qualify as a suite anymore.
    Its almost like they sacked a legendary composer mid-Legion.

*cough*Russell Brower*cough*

Edit: music is an important part of a game's atmosphere. WoW used to have is. Wrath has some of the greatest zone music in the game. Storm Peaks and Grizzly Hills still stand tall after all these years.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nereidaa View Post
    That's it, this login music is way too bad, there are no redeeming factors to it, and to me it's all that matters. I'm quitting WoW.

Probably I'll still hang about to complain like an idiot about everything Blizzard does though.
    Try Wrath classic. Even if you played it all those years ago, it still holds up.
    Last edited by roboscorcher; 2022-10-12 at 03:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallor View Post
    Music became much worse in WoW after Russel Brower left sadly.
    A sad truth, but I like the login music this time still. More than shadowlands anyways.

So weak, what a shame.

10+ Year Old Account
    It somehow sounds muted/flat, can't really put my finger on it.
    First half was terrible, second half was ok.