Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dejiko View Post
    Impressive numbers.
    Though i mirror others here, the game was more fun before.
    As a Mercy main i`m really at the .. Mercy of the enemy, no matter if it`s dps or tanks.

I miss very early OW1 to be honest.
    Maybe they can release classic OW like they did with WoW, and Classic Warcraft III as well; resurrect all the games they've fucked up over the years.

15+ Year Old Account
    Just people checking it out. Will die again soon since its broken af.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    It's really telling that Support is the fastest role to Que for because NO ONE wants to play Support. They're insanely
    weak and without real CC or hard counters to dive heroes, they're easily devoured with the exception of 3 characters
    (Moira, Lucio and Mercy), and it's generally agreed upon that Lucio and Moira are waaaaaaaaaaaaay better than Mercy.
    Everyone else is too slow and just too easily exposed.
    As a Baptiste player I concur. My immortality field is just auto-targeted every time I drop it, my gun does no real damage, and my heal bombs have 2-3 yard explosion range at most. If I am cornered by -anyone-, I just die. There is zero fun in Baptiste anymore. I've been playing Lucio, but people don't seem to understand the whole idea of staying in the healing circle. I can't be in 4 places at once.

Pharah is significantly overpowered at the moment. I'm not sure why since I don't think she's changed much, but Pharah's rockets can flatten a healer in 2-3 near hits. Soldier is also hitting way harder than he used to in my memory.

Junker Queen is just broken. D.Va is close. I haven't seen anyone play Wreck at all since OW2 came out.
    "...just imagine if we got a Drust focussed shadowlands instead of the 3d printed robot power tier titan horseshit instead. What might have been eh?" -dope_danny

Quote Originally Posted by Steelangel View Post
    As a Baptiste player I concur. My immortality field is just auto-targeted every time I drop it, my gun does no real damage, and my heal bombs have 2-3 yard explosion range at most. If I am cornered by -anyone-, I just die. There is zero fun in Baptiste anymore. I've been playing Lucio, but people don't seem to understand the whole idea of staying in the healing circle. I can't be in 4 places at once.

Pharah is significantly overpowered at the moment. I'm not sure why since I don't think she's changed much, but Pharah's rockets can flatten a healer in 2-3 near hits. Soldier is also hitting way harder than he used to in my memory.

Junker Queen is just broken. D.Va is close. I haven't seen anyone play Wreck at all since OW2 came out.
    Pharah has always been dangerous. I think the issue with both her and 76 is the reduced team size. When you had six players on a team, you were more likely to have someone hanging out a ways back and more likely to have someone with the long-range capability to threaten/kill her. In 5v5 where two of your people are likely to be heals and one a tank (with most of the popular/strong tanks being close quarters or not really having the kit to attack something high up) you rely on one of the two people playing DPS happening to be on a good counter for her.

So the team format makes it a lot harder to reliably keep her suppressed. 76 is the same, he's not all that tanky innately so in 6v6 with more damage running around he had to be more careful and there were more bodies absorbing hits for his ult and hitting him while he was hitting people. Now he has less dangers, fewer targets (so easier concertation on kills), and performs better. I feel like Widow and Genji also benefit from this set up a lot more. Basically anyone that previously dealt high damage but had to worry a lot about being picked off is now in a much better place because fewer threats on the enemy team.

Quote Originally Posted by loras View Post
    Ah, good enough.
    Is it pay to win now or something?
    Or still just cosmetics?
    It is indeed pay to win, or at least it will be in a couple years when a returning player is locked out of all the battle pass heroes and either has to spend for them or do "hero challenges."

Okay, so the meta has changed and some people are disgruntled, because they liked the old meta better. Does this really warrant any serious discussion?
    Adapt or perish.

Pretty decent numbers, but as others said, it's mostly people just checking out a new release, and the numbers will get a lot lower going forward.

Still a pretty ok game for those who enjoy it.

OW2 has reached 25 million players, and a mmo champion thread about it has reached 25 clueless haters. Nothing new, just Blizzard hitting all the pre-assumed milestones.

This is such an asinine thing to bring up because you can't play Overwatch 1 anymore so if you still played, you automatically shift to overwatch 2. But they won't release how many of these players are NEW to the game because then we'd see just how much people don't care about this trash game. It's just Overwatch 1 with slightly better graphics and worse monetization.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Eh. I'd say the biggest problem with it is that they call it "OverWatch 2." It feels disingenuous at best to call a game as similar to its first iteration a sequel. And then to load it to the rafters with all the monetization they have to justify going with a F2P model is icing on the whole shit sandwich.

Don't get me wrong -- I'm infamous for my pragmatic views on Blizzard's operation but I don't think releasing this press release now is a good look. This is marketing on Blizzard's behalf so they can claim ostensibly to the masses of people who aren't terminally online that their game has been a resounding success and there haven't been any issues whatsoever.
    I'd like to actually hear the rationalization of how the biggest problem is the name when they're selling skins from OW1 for $20 now in case you got unlucky and didn't get it, or it was event locked and you were waiting to get it for 1000 credits.

I don't know why people are hung up on the name honestly.
    The game has 3 new characters, a new game mode, and new maps. In another year, there will be 2-3 new characters again, another game mode, and more maps, along with the PvE mode.

On top of that, there's enough changes that it definitely qualifies to being a new game. Like the format change from 6v6 to 5v5. I mean, we have people in this very thread disliking OW2 but missing 1, so there's gotta be enough change that the player can feel it. I would say that is more than enough to call it a sequel all in all.

And uh, it's a bit hard to claim there aren't issues when they already had an entire article about said issues and saying how they'll going to try to make up for it. And when there's still an entire character gone from the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    This is such an asinine thing to bring up because you can't play Overwatch 1 anymore so if you still played, you automatically shift to overwatch 2. But they won't release how many of these players are NEW to the game because then we'd see just how much people don't care about this trash game. It's just Overwatch 1 with slightly better graphics and worse monetization.
    Are you claiming that overwatch 1 had 25m players active when the game went down?

Or that any of the events pulled in that many in the last year or so?

Or why does it even matter?

Also fun side fact, I looked it up and overwatch 1 had 50m players in 3 years past its launch.

In 10 days Overwatch 2 got half of that. That's still quite a feat.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I'd like to actually hear the rationalization of how the biggest problem is the name when they're selling skins from OW1 for $20 now in case you got unlucky and didn't get it, or it was event locked and you were waiting to get it for 1000 credits.

The game has 3 new characters, a new game mode, and new maps. In another year, there will be 2-3 new characters again, another game mode, and more maps, along with the PvE mode.

On top of that, there's enough changes that it definitely qualifies to being a new game. Like the format change from 6v6 to 5v5. I mean, we have people in this very thread disliking OW2 but missing 1, so there's gotta be enough change that the player can feel it. I would say that is more than enough to call it a sequel all in all.

And uh, it's a bit hard to claim there aren't issues when they already had an entire article about said issues and saying how they'll going to try to make up for it. And when there's still an entire character gone from the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Are you claiming that overwatch 1 had 25m players active when the game went down?

Or that any of the events pulled in that many in the last year or so?

Or why does it even matter?

Also fun side fact, I looked it up and overwatch 1 had 50m players in 3 years past its launch.

In 10 days Overwatch 2 got half of that. That's still quite a feat.
    It's not a feat. It's like you're purposely trying to misrepresent what I said. Boasting abgout 25 million players in the first 10 days is both pathetic and dishonest. Because the people who were still playing Overwatch were FORCED to shift to Overwatch 2. Which means it's high likely that new people coming to Overwatch 2 is likely far smaller than it's being let on. As a result, I can almost guarantee that the population over Overwatch 2 is going to plummet after the initial hype wears out especially since even veteran players fucking hate the game.

I feel like calling it OverWatch 2 then intentionally backing out of the co-op stuff which had been a staple of the first game while simultaneously moving the game to a F2P monetization model is a pretty egregious sleight of hand on Blizzard's part and they deserve to be called out for calling this a sequel when it's more akin to a seasonal change than anything else.

MSM won't pick up the article where they're apologizing for the game playing like shit for a week. They'll pick up the headline, "OW2 has 25 million players in the first 10 days!" and that'll be all people who have their news delivered to them in the form of headlines in their social media feed will get from it. It feels dishonest. It feels like marketing. (Because it is.)

WoW, so OV 1 had 25 mln players? Kinda big playerbase for a "trash game"

Like seriously people on this forum are so delusional that is not even funny anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamut View Post
    WoW, so OV 1 had 25 mln players? Kinda big playerbase for a "trash game"

Like seriously people on this forum are so delusional that is not even funny anymore.
    It's almost like you only read a portion of my comment or something.

It's not a feat. It's like you're purposely trying to misrepresent what I said. Boasting abgout 25 million players in the first 10 days is both pathetic and dishonest. Because the people who were still playing Overwatch were FORCED to shift to Overwatch 2. Which means it's high likely that new people coming to Overwatch 2 is likely far smaller than it's being let on. As a result, I can almost guarantee that the population over Overwatch 2 is going to plummet after the initial hype wears out especially since even veteran players fucking hate the game.
    So confusing. First off, they are not claiming these are "new" players. Secondly, they absolutely have an option other than playing Ow2 - dont play OW2. But the thing i take the most interest in is the last claim - that "even veteran players fucking hate the game" which is REALLY interesting to me. You are claiming a significant portion of the OW2 playerbase are veterans, but then claim that veterans fucking hate the game?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Never understood why they celebrate things like that. 25 million players on a F2P game. Meaning everyone has access to it.

Or like how FF14 celebrates a new "milestone" or registered players yet they always advertise it as if there's 20 million players currently playing the game. That's not even remotely the case, and it exists just to create fake hype. Companies are so far gone they'll never report any real numbers ever again.

There's nothing being misrepresented.

You are claiming that "boasting 25m" is bad because people who played OW1 had to shift over. The only time that would be relevant is IF OW1 still had 25m or more players.

Otherwise you're just raging on a statistic that's irrelevant. Hating for the sake of hating isn't a fun lifestyle choice.

And I've seen nothing but praise for OW2 from pros/expros (ex - Seagull) and quite a few other sources. I've been playing OW1 since beta and I still prefer OW2 now. Claiming some authority because it fits your agenda isn't how it works. The flaws the game has sure as hell isn't gameplay related.

I feel like calling it OverWatch 2 then intentionally backing out of the co-op stuff which had been a staple of the first game while simultaneously moving the game to a F2P monetization model is a pretty egregious sleight of hand on Blizzard's part and they deserve to be called out for calling this a sequel when it's more akin to a seasonal change than anything else.
    The co-op is still coming though. It's still part of OW2. It would be like claiming patch content in an expansion of WoW isn't part of the expansion just because it came out later.

It would have been better if it launched with it, yeah. There's also still co-op events coming back like Junkenstein's revenge.

MSM won't pick up the article where they're apologizing for the game playing like shit for a week. They'll pick up the headline, "OW2 has 25 million players in the first 10 days!" and that'll be all people who have their news delivered to them in the form of headlines in their social media feed will get from it. It feels dishonest. It feels like marketing. (Because it is.)
    I'm pretty sure more than enough sites picked up Overwatch 2's flawed launch. I don't think you can really sleight that against Blizzard when they themselves have been pushing out the info about what they messed up, how they're trying to fix it, and that they're going to be posting more fixes coming up in regards to community feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by loras View Post
    Ah, good enough.
    Is it pay to win now or something?
    Or still just cosmetics?
    It's only pay to get the new hero...
    Which just goddamn.

Yeah officially? It's way worse and has way less character than OW. It's like Bobby Kotick saw Valorant make a lot of money as a cheap, shitty OW knockoff and went "Yeah? Well we can make our own cheap, shitty OW knockoff!"
    One day I look forward to seeing full grown adults realize that their averse reactions to levity and positive/contemplative expressions of emotion are a cry for therapy.

Quote Originally Posted by Faerillis View Post
    It's only pay to get the new hero...
    Which just goddamn.

Yeah officially? It's way worse and has way less character than OW. It's like Bobby Kotick saw Valorant make a lot of money as a cheap, shitty OW knockoff and went "Yeah? Well we can make our own cheap, shitty OW knockoff!"
    It's "pay to get them instantly" or "grind battle pass levels".

Just for clarification.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    So confusing. First off, they are not claiming these are "new" players. Secondly, they absolutely have an option other than playing Ow2 - dont play OW2. But the thing i take the most interest in is the last claim - that "even veteran players fucking hate the game" which is REALLY interesting to me. You are claiming a significant portion of the OW2 playerbase are veterans, but then claim that veterans fucking hate the game?
    People are already bailing on Overwatch 2 in droves because the monetization model is utter horseshit and the game itself is actually a worse experience than OW1.

- - - Updated - - -

There's nothing being misrepresented.

You are claiming that "boasting 25m" is bad because people who played OW1 had to shift over. The only time that would be relevant is IF OW1 still had 25m or more players.

Otherwise you're just raging on a statistic that's irrelevant. Hating for the sake of hating isn't a fun lifestyle choice.

And I've seen nothing but praise for OW2 from pros/expros (ex - Seagull) and quite a few other sources. I've been playing OW1 since beta and I still prefer OW2 now. Claiming some authority because it fits your agenda isn't how it works. The flaws the game has sure as hell isn't gameplay related.

The co-op is still coming though. It's still part of OW2. It would be like claiming patch content in an expansion of WoW isn't part of the expansion just because it came out later.

It would have been better if it launched with it, yeah. There's also still co-op events coming back like Junkenstein's revenge.

I'm pretty sure more than enough sites picked up Overwatch 2's flawed launch. I don't think you can really sleight that against Blizzard when they themselves have been pushing out the info about what they messed up, how they're trying to fix it, and that they're going to be posting more fixes coming up in regards to community feedback.
    It's time like these that I hate that you're a mod because I really really want to put you on ignore due to all the condescending comments, gaslighting, and flat out toxic things you say on these forums. I don't even care if I catch an infraction for this. You are blatantly misrepresenting every comment you reply to and have even said flat out lies. Like saying that you've seen nothing but praise from pros. That is such a massive fucking lie that I don't even know how to properly address it.