Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pacotaco View Post
    It's hinted that the Light makes you "blind" from other possibilities.

The Naaru forcing Velen to leave whoever was not a blind follower behind, because they didn't see possible their redemption.
    The Naaru attacking Illidan in the Black Temple because they couldn't see the possibility of him being an ally.
    Xera and her followers trying to bind Illidan to the Light because they just thought that him leading the assault vs the Legion was the only way.
    The Naaru in AU Draenor binding everyone to the Light because they thing that's the only way to get peace.
    Ya no that's not a thing at all.

Velen had a ton of different visions and choose which one's he wanted to follow he wasn't a blind follower he choose his paths the Narru didn't force him, we even had it brought up in cata.
    He had seen it. The armored shadow of night looming over Azeroth, darkening the world with fire and pain. He'd also seen the end of Azeroth in a dozen apocalypses, glimpsed a thousand smaller victories and failings throughout the winding futures. And the Light—the lodestone, the compass, the sense that helped him navigate the uncertain seas of his visions—had not pointed directly to the Cataclysm, had left Deathwing's destructive return a possibility among many. What good was a prophet who saw no difference between the true vision and the false?

Velen did his best to push the child's question from his mind and return his thoughts to recovering his ability to pick the truth from his endless visions...
    The Narru might be blind followers given that they are literal embodiments of light but No other light followers have ever showcased any thing like that with scarlet crusader's given up the cause, Paladins making peace with undead, high priest turning to the twightlight hammer, even Turalyon a lightforged being able to see past both undead and void influence and seeing his literal angel destroyed and still fighting with Illidan.
    Last edited by Lorgar Aurelian; 2022-10-24 at 12:53 AM.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

It could something more subtle, like the Order Corruption.

In the Emerald Nightmare:
    - "Five keys to open our way. Five torches to light our path." (He's talking about the 5 sigils Zovaal needed to open the gate to Zereth Mortis)
    - "Her heart is a crater, and we have filled it." (Sylvanas being manipulated with Zovaal lies)
    - "From the earth, he draws strength. Our earth. Our strength." (Zovaal absorbing the power of Azeroth)

In Ny'alotha:
    - "Before the last shadow falls, the father of sleep shall savor his feast." (Mueh'zala devouring the souls of all the dead trolls thinking that he wont need them anymore, because Zovaal would get him a lot more souls)
    - "Five lanterns now darkened. The flames they seek will light the Masters' way." (Again talking about the hiden sigils that Zovaal need to open Zereth Mortis gate)
    - "The cunning ones kneel before six masters, but serve only one." (The Nathrezim faking allegiance to all the Forces, but actually serving only Zovaal)

Add too how he looks:

(He looks looks really diferent from other Void spawns. more like a really corrupted and deformed Nathrezim. Plus, his name feels more like a demon/Nathrezim origin than the typical names of Void minions)

It's not confirmed, but all those things together strongly hint at him being the infiltrator in the Void ranks.
    AWESOME theory!!

Quote Originally Posted by Celement View Post
    I get it I know the build up and retcons I just know its gonna be a shit played put trope filled story line.

I miss a more grounded wow before all this cosmic magic shit.
    I do too. But now we opened the Pandora's box so we cannot simply ignore it. Can be dealt in a more grounded way tho if it's invasions in out planet and not us traveling through space an dimensions constantly (occasional trips are fine)
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    Thankfully all the nether dragons are dead in lore. Sp that will only ever be a card god willing.

Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    What? That writing has been confirmed since Proto-drakes have existed. That's the whole "proto" part of the drake.
    Yeah. In the DF dungeon Ruby Pools or whatever it's called we fight said "heretics" willing to restore the pools to their original state.

Point is, the Pools have been used by Titans to infuse dragons and their eggs with the powers of Order, thus giving life to the current chromatic flights and dragons as we know them. Which is technically a corruption of their original forms.

So far, Aspects were deemed as the guardians of Azeroth, but books we can find in the revamped Uldaman highly suggest that Tyr and Odin themselves mad that on purpose to have a force of Order planted in Azeroth that was also welcomed in good will by us.

Every major force wants Azeroth for themselves. It's pretty obvious that to seize control of it everyone wants to settle a stronghold on it.

What i thing we will discover is that Azeroth is not a Titan but a being that is "composed" by all the major forces of the universe. It's literally Captain Planet (lol).
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

It seems fair to me to call light forging/binding a form of corruption. Green eyed blood elves are fel corrupted, same with green skinned orcs. There are degrees to things, and being corrupted doesn't mean losing free will. Void elves are very much corrupted yet still have their free will. It's just that the Light is generally spun in a positive light and the word corruption comes with negative connotations.

Velen's visions are likely just a byproduct of having been introduced before the shift in lore towards the six sided cosmic wheel, as it doesn't really seem to gel with the Light as presented more recently in Legion and A Thousand Years of War.

It could something more subtle, like the Order Corruption.

In the Emerald Nightmare:
    - "Five keys to open our way. Five torches to light our path." (He's talking about the 5 sigils Zovaal needed to open the gate to Zereth Mortis)
    - "Her heart is a crater, and we have filled it." (Sylvanas being manipulated with Zovaal lies)
    - "From the earth, he draws strength. Our earth. Our strength." (Zovaal absorbing the power of Azeroth)

In Ny'alotha:
    - "Before the last shadow falls, the father of sleep shall savor his feast." (Mueh'zala devouring the souls of all the dead trolls thinking that he wont need them anymore, because Zovaal would get him a lot more souls)
    - "Five lanterns now darkened. The flames they seek will light the Masters' way." (Again talking about the hiden sigils that Zovaal need to open Zereth Mortis gate)
    - "The cunning ones kneel before six masters, but serve only one." (The Nathrezim faking allegiance to all the Forces, but actually serving only Zovaal)

Add too how he looks:

(He looks looks really diferent from other Void spawns. more like a really corrupted and deformed Nathrezim. Plus, his name feels more like a demon/Nathrezim origin than the typical names of Void minions)

It's not confirmed, but all those things together strongly hint at him being the infiltrator in the Void ranks.
    Wow that's really interesting. I totally forgot there was that inside phase to Il'gynoth or what he looked like. Thanks for sharing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    Dragons have been corrupted by Order (originally), Void (Twilight, Nightmare, etc), Life (Ysera, etc), Death (Sindragosa, etc) and Fel (Nether)....

Have any dragons been corrupted by the Light?
    Nope. But good point. I think light could be a new evil.