Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Impossible to play without Plater and a Weak Aura/TMW equivalent, especially if you are doing challenging content. The new UI may be nice looking and definitely overdue for the upgrade, but the information delivery options are still primitive compared to what is offered by addons.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

Quote Originally Posted by Qnubi View Post
    One of the greatest features, to me, is the ability to finally customize my UI the way I want without any additional addons. Granted, I am skeptical it will do everything I wanna do, but I will give it a fair shot. I plan on leveling a new character from 1 to max and see how the UI holds up during that process. I am also curious how proccs, buffs etc. are handled and if I can change how they are presented to me, that's a key aspect to me. Anyone else looking forward to "no addons" WoW?

I will most likely use a DPS addon for raiding or m+, but that is just information, and no real impact on the UI itself.
    As for UI related addons, I am already "clean" in this regard for the most part. As for addons in general: well no, DBM/BigWigs at the very least are just must haves.

I play with little to no addons now. DBM is about the only one that i feel is a must, but if i'm just casually leveling and doing dungeons it doesn't affect me.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    Impossible to play without Plater and a Weak Aura/TMW equivalent, especially if you are doing challenging content. The new UI may be nice looking and definitely overdue for the upgrade, but the information delivery options are still primitive compared to what is offered by addons.
    WeakAuras are so overrated and unnecessary (not saying that they cannot be useful though) where I bet that many players have either become so dependent on it that they are straight up lost without it or they get so much info funelled to them that the info provided to them is largely useless or it confuses them even (visual clutter).

I have stopped using them in Legion (I was a big user of WA in WoD) and I have still managed to get KSM and cutting edge a couple of times.
    Last edited by RobertMugabe; 2022-10-24 at 09:56 AM.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I will be using addons, but not Elvui; I will give the new UI a go

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    But stuff like Clique
    Click casting has been in the UI for a while now.

Seeing as it's probably been over a decade since I've used any addons, it's safe to assume I won't be using any moving forward either.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    WeakAuras are so overrated and unnecessary (not saying that they cannot be useful though) where I bet that many players have either become so dependent on it that they are straight up lost without it or they get so much info funelled to them that the info provided to them is largely useless or it confuses them even (visual clutter).

I have stopped using them in Legion (I was a big user of WA in WoD) and I have still managed to get KSM and cutting edge a couple of times.
    As a tank I will never stop using auras. I have a lot of individual buffs, effects and cooldowns that I track and I like them to be where I want them, I want them to look how I want, and I want them to be as big or small as I want. I also want everything in my perfect field of vision. Currently this updated UI does not fulfil all my requirements. If something does not fulfil all my requirements then it is not good enough, simple as that. If they seriously started taking a look at customisable information delivery then I'd be happy, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

The question of weather it's necessary or not depends entirely on the type of content that you are comfortable doing. If you're just out in the world having fun, or doing mid to low level end game content (like KSM level), then information delivery is not that important true. But when you are in the type of content where perfect uptimes and cooldown rotations are required to succeed, then you start to see how primitive the WoW UI (even the new one) is.

The biggest thing the WoW UI team could do is to bake a version of WeakAuras into the base UI to allow total customisation in any and all aspects. I've played a lot of beta with the new UI and it's just not good enough. Yes you can now move anything anywhere you want and I could put my buff bars in center view, but that doesn't solve the problem that I still have to look through my 20 different buffs to find my active mitigation or active cooldown and then try to keep my eye on it while it dances around as new buffs appear and also playing the game at the same time, there is no options to separate buffs and debuffs into their own individual moveable auras.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

Quote Originally Posted by Highlord Hanibuhl View Post
    Apart from Recount and DBM, all the addons I use will become redundant when the new UI launched.

So I might just try to wing it without the aformentioned addons...
    Who still uses recount? That addon has not properly worked for over 10 years

- - - Updated - - -

Some will be disabled. Like Elvui. Not needed anymore imho.

But stuff like Clique, DBM, Details will still be needed.
    While the new ui is nice and a good step (ive been on beta since the start), it is no way good enough to replace elvui. It is like .0001% of what elvui can do.

Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post

- - - Updated - - -

While the new ui is nice and a good step (ive been on beta since the start), it is no way good enough to replace elvui. It is like .0001% of what elvui can do.
    maybe. But not what i use it for. 99,9% of what elvui does is absolutly not need for me and only clutter. I use it to customize my UI.
    I allready use the Blizzardframe for groups and raids because they are really good.

And everytime there is an update or soemthing you have to fiddle with the ai again... nah...
    Blizz UI does everything a normal user will ever need now.

DBM, Details, Weakauras and Clique and i am happy.

The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post

- - - Updated - - -

I'm just looking for a nice and clean damage meter. Recount or Details! works fine for me!

If you have other suggestions, please do!

Quote Originally Posted by Highlord Hanibuhl View Post
    I'm just looking for a nice and clean damage meter. Recount or Details! works fine for me!

If you have other suggestions, please do!
    You said it. Detaila, it is the best right now.

- - - Updated - - -

maybe. But not what i use it for. 99,9% of what elvui does is absolutly not need for me and only clutter. I use it to customize my UI.
    I allready use the Blizzardframe for groups and raids because they are really good.

And everytime there is an update or soemthing you have to fiddle with the ai again... nah...
    Blizz UI does everything a normal user will ever need now.

DBM, Details, Weakauras and Clique and i am happy.
    Calling the blizzard frames good has to be a meme

The Patient
    1+ Year Old Account
    I plan on getting rid of everything except for DBM, TRP and probably Altoholic. I've always hated HUD clutter. Not sure if I'm gonna want to grab WA again, but we'll see. I also dislike ElvUI, so the reworked UI is a blessing.

Oh, and I guess Details too, because number go up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Dude A: "lol well if you weren't such a Blizzard Shill™ you'd believe my source!"
    Dude B: ::posts the Webster Dictionary definition of the word 'objective' followed by a 700-word essay about how the WoW community is doomed::
    Quote Originally Posted by ClownPrincess View Post
    shut up idiot

You're not gonna do it. E.g. even the bars can use something like 'bartender' because they lack a lot of features it has (e.g. it can't even hide the main bar in combat or automatically of course).

And don't get me started on people on elvui; I find it bloatware but I know a lot are addicted to it; you're not getting them away from it no matter what you try.

Why would you?

Addons are one of the best features of WoW. They're amazing. Wouldn't ever do without them. They're about the only thing I miss from playing WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by AudibleEscalation View Post
    Click casting has been in the UI for a while now.
    Wait what? You can't just say that and leave it at that. Care to elaborate, please?

[Edit]

Quick Google search helped. It was added in 9.2 which explains why I missed it. You need to open game menu > interface> combat and click "click casting"to set it up. Thank you for the heads up

[Edit 2]
    Oooph nope. It replaces default mouse click actions on the default frames. I think I'll stick to vuhdo for now
    Last edited by AtomR; 2022-10-24 at 04:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post

Necessary is pretty subjective but there's a good reason everyone remotely serious uses WAs.

That doesn't mean you need a million of them, but there's no better mod for information delivery.

I personally like the class package WAs and just make my regular bars invisible - looks better and it's easier to use!

Reading these last 3 pages is like an eye opener. I didn't realize so many people are dependant on addons.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Not without addons entirely, but I'm definitely going to disable elvui and give default a whirl. Current plan is to disable everything except for probably adibags and opie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.