Thread: Mmo mouse

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Mmo mouse

It appears Naga trinity left click switch failed (double clicks, missed clicks, failing to drag and drop) and i no longer want to have anything to do with razer mice as it isn't the 1st time it happens, what's the best mmo mouse (with 12 side buttons) on the market?
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    It appears Naga trinity left click switch failed (double clicks, missed clicks, failing to drag and drop) and i no longer want to have anything to do with razer mice as it isn't the 1st time it happens, what's the best mmo mouse (with 12 side buttons) on the market?
    You dont have many options, probably check out corsair. Other than that, you're gonna be going with some offbrand / lesser known brands.
    Personally? I just bought a 9 button mouse, 1/3rd of the price to a razer.. Never even heard of the brand before.
    Will get it sometime next week, so can update you then.
    Trust Gaming GXT 970

Ohh and if you search for best reviews online? For a specific 12 button? You're gonna get 2 answers. Scimitar (corsair) and naga(razer)... So yeh...
    Last edited by tomten; 2022-10-24 at 01:35 PM.

The main brand ones are the Razer naga, Logitech g600 and EVGA x15 (IMO the g600 and x15 are superior to the naga simply due to the additional g-shift/e-shift ring finger button).
    Then there are all the 'offbrand' with redragon i think being the most well reviewed of the these.

10+ Year Old Account
    G600 is the one I trust.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a Scimitar. It's good if you don't mind dealing with iCue, it's software Keys aren't automatically assigned and you need the software running or someone of the keys defaults back to profile switching or DPI setting cycling, don't remember which.

Never had good luck with Naga's. G600s are nice, I didn't care for the form factor myself.

My favorite was a Redragon I think. Also the cheapest. Can't remember why I replaced it with the Scimitar.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Logitech g600. I had a naga for about a year. Just past the warranty. Scroll wheel started getting janky, side buttons started going out. Bought the naga rgb (forget its name) it only lasted 6 months same problem. Bought a g600 for 36$ and has lasted me 2 years so far with minor paint peeling.

Isn't the "Razer always fails" mentality based on selective feedback and in reality their products fail more or less with same frequency as other similar brands?

I used first Razer Naga from 2010 to 2018 (with some heavy MMO usage) and it only failed one day when in a fit of rage I smashed it violently into the desk and something broke under the LMB (completely my fault). I then bought another Naga and I use it till now without any failures (so that's another 5 years+). Also never had any problems with Razer keyboards and on the contrary, my old Logitech G15 failed after few years of constant smashing of 1-2-3 buttons in WoW rotations. I switched to Razer Anansi and used it for several years without failure. Later I replaced it with mechanical Razer BlackWidow which also works so far without any failure.

I mean, I know this is just anecdotal evidence, but so is any other "my Razer failed" one.

Quote Originally Posted by Awe View Post
    Isn't the "Razer always fails" mentality based on selective feedback and in reality their products fail more or less with same frequency as other similar brands?
    Yes, with a caveat that for about two years a few years back, they had a legitimately bad production run from their then ODM, that particularly affected the mice. Its been a few years and these days they dont fail anymore than anyone else. They also honored their warranties pretty much no questions asked at the time, too, so /shrug.

I personally cant use those MMO mice anyways, as my thumb easily covers a third of the buttons and (i guess im some weird mutant) doesnt narrow down to a point. Id never be able to hit one of those tiny ass buttons, and i have no idea how anyone without Linus sized hands can even use them. I like the hex ring if the Naga Hex though (which you get with the newer Naga Trinity).
    Last edited by Kagthul; 2022-10-26 at 08:11 PM. Reason: Spelling

Going to echo the G600. After having a few other types before I picked one up, it's exceeded all expectations to the point that I bought another one to have just in case the one I currently uses dies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Using the Logitech 6600 for more than a few years now. It has been great, dropped it several times and no issues. Dropped my Razer Naga Molten once and it completely broke, thats why I switched.

OP, can I ask what binds you need? Imo pretty doable to play wow with around 25 keybinds. I have a logitech mouse, and thats 3 binds extra. In my case; tab, open bags and auto run on mouse. I just think these mouses with so many binds is a bit overkill now a days...Or maybe you play PvP, where crazy macros etc are needed?
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

I know you want 12 side buttons, but if you're open to something different (and IMO better) I'd suggest the G604.

Best all around mouse I've been able to find.

6 side buttons + 2 on left click (I find mobility abilities work very nice here) + it's wireless.

Just add shift and/or control hotkey binds and boom those 8 buttons become up to 24 without the clunkiness of all the extra buttons.

Just my two cents.
    Last edited by Mojo03; 2022-10-26 at 08:26 PM.

All of them have the click issues if you google it. Just replace within warranty.

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    OP, can I ask what binds you need? Imo pretty doable to play wow with around 25 keybinds. I have a logitech mouse, and thats 3 binds extra. In my case; tab, open bags and auto run on mouse. I just think these mouses with so many binds is a bit overkill now a days...Or maybe you play PvP, where crazy macros etc are needed?
    Even outside of PvP you ideally want a fair amount more keybinds than that, especially if you want to actually use your full utility. I've got like 68 usable keybinds atm, obviously not all in use because I'm not PvPing much atm. Could potentially work with just 4 action bars worth but ehhh... UI Symmetry.
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2022-10-26 at 08:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    G600 is the one I trust.
    I also use a G604 Logitech mouse. It's not my favorite, but my favorite was discontinued years ago, but this is the next best for me. G604 has six side buttons and two buttons added to the left click, however for MMOs (or ARPGs, FPS, works well for them all) having 6 side buttons is more than enough if you use Alt/Ctrl/Shift modified binds, even more so if you macro abilities to have multiple functions based upon targeting criterion (on my druid it wasn't uncommon to have 3+ abilities bound into one macro, but druids tend to be overkill with the amount of abilities). The buttons are a bit small and close together compared to some mice, so if you have beefy fingers it may take some getting used to.

Furthermore, it's wireless but there's basically no lag due to the tech they use, not sure how other mice are now but I imagine it's less of an issue. Runs off a single AA battery, one charge lasts for several months with how much I use it now. Added bonus is that it's only $60 USD usually.
    Last edited by exochaft; 2022-10-26 at 08:35 PM.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Im using G600 for few years now and never failed even once. So for me it's great mouse. But the software on the other hand, I just don't like it at all.

@Agall
    Ofc they are not necessary, but they bring so much QoL that I just can't play WoW anymore without one.

If you don't need 12 buttons on the side, I really like my Rocca Kone XP.

https://www.roccat.com/products/kone...41382370050206

Quote Originally Posted by Agall View Post
    Yes you could, you've just convinced yourself that you can't. Plenty of people don't even rebind their q,e,f,g,v, keys or don't use 6,7 that are all easily reached with average size hands. Modifiers went as far as something like my mount keybind, which was ctrl+alt+mb3.

My whole point is its an illusion of QoL because of marketing, condensing 12 buttons to your thumb is no different than telling someone a analog stick on a controller is better than a mouse.
    Nah, you projecting your own preferences on others. For example for me it's much better to press for instance 1 button on the mouse side than two keys on keyboard to use modifier.

I played WoW few years with some two button mouse and was using modifiers and changed keybinds all the time. I did not start with MMO mouse. Once I got one I just don't wanna go back, its just much more convenient for me. So don't tell me it's marketing. I'm talking with my OWN experience.
    Last edited by Mamut; 2022-10-26 at 09:32 PM.

How pressing two buttons on keayboard is faster than pressing one on the mouse? Don't also forget that you can use modifiers with the mouse.

Corsair makes great mice and the iCue software is very easy to use. Best mouse is one with a scroll wheel that has nothing below it (dirt can't get in there if there is nothing below it), and only 2 buttons on the side (I love using these for mount). My Corsair mice lasted far longer than my Logitech or Razer mice. Razer, the scroll wheel died (I actually use it on binds), and Logitech the right click died. Corsair, even after heavy abuse, still works, and I have had that mouse for 8 years.

And yeah, I just bind most to keys and then the main rotation to the scroll wheel. G R T with modifiers for CDs and Interupts/stuns 1 2 for seldom used racials. 3 4 5 6 for other moves that aren't the main rotation (like dropping and infernal or casting Basnish/Fear). The main rotation is simply on Wheel up/down with shift and alt mods. I have yet to have any character that wasn't able to fit the main rotation on the wheel. All I do is change the camera zoom to CTRL mod, so I don't accidentally move it anyway.

I had an OG Razer Naga for like 10 years before it finally died on me. With the one I had no longer being sold, and watching my cousin blow through like 7 different razor mice over the span of a few years with the same kinda issues you described, I decided to go with something else and settled on a Corsair Scimitar RGB Elite Wired. I've had it for almost 2 years now and have had 0 problems with the mouse itself. Corsair support and iCue on the otherhand, can be massive pains in the ass.

Getting the 12 side buttons set up isn't very hard when it wants to work, but mapping the profile switch & dpi toggle to anything else is quite unintuitive regardless. I've also had my entire profiles wiped both randomly and on updates before. The profiles themselves can be wonky, in that if I have multiple, sometimes it will swap between them randomly on PC boot/wake up. Or some other times manually swapping profiles just wouldn't work, and even though iCue says I'm on a new profile, all the active settings are still the same as the other profile. I've had to wipe my PC a few times since getting the mouse and everytime I need to set everything back up it actually has taken longer and become a worse process overtime, somehow, lol.

Even with those flaws though I would still recommend the mouse. It feels great in the hand, you can slide adjust where exactly the 12 buttons are at on the side so that it fits exactly how you want it. It's sturdy and got a slight bit of weight to it, which I like. All the buttons feel good to click and give a nice physical feedback & I've had no physical malfunctions to this point. The mouse itself is great and worth the price. But if you decide to go with it just prepare yourself for some annoyances in setting it up & with any customer support you might need. I'd also suggest having only one profile, and keeping a backup of it. Good luck on your search.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Agall View Post
    Both are preferences but that doesn't discount the ability for one to be technically superior. Ideally keybinds are distributed in a way that mitigate conflict, having multiple fast action buttons all bound to the same digit, and especially your thumb, is inferior to distributing those keybinds across all 10 digits.
    That's assuming that just because you have a 12 button mouse, you're putting all of your important things on it. As you say, "ideal keybinds are distributed in a way that mitigate conflict" so can you not imagine how spreading important buttons between the mouse AND keyboard can be beneficial? I think your stance of keyboard supremacy is blinding you a bit here. And I say this as someone who also uses CTRL/Alt/Shift + every possible button I can comfortably use on my keyboard, including potentially uncommon buttons like N/H/Y & Capslock.

An MMO mouse certainly isn't required, but if anything is "technically superior" I think it would be the efficient use of both a 12 button mouse + keyboard. Not one or the other.
    "A wise king never seeks war, but is always prepared for it. A strong king never gives into fear, but provides courage and strength to his subjects. For the truest victory, is stirring the hearts of your people."