Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Their expressed goal (tho a bit obtuse) was that the non-hero classes would all available to every race, except hero-class exclusive ones (meaning Dracthyr)

Shaman, Paladin & Druid require additional racial assets. Warlocks require a lore explaination, though the liberation of demons from Sargeras should be enough. But honestly, Monks should have been included. I don't think Goblins & Worgen are missing any of the special monk animations.
    Shaman, Paladin, Druid, require assets, aye. Monk requires rigging for some races (Goblins and Worgens miss some of the rigging), all of the ones before as well as Warlock, all require lore if applied to almost all the races.

I wish we weren't giving everything to everyone but seems as you said, it is going to be the goal, and in the future, even hero classes become normal classes - just look at Death Knights.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stickiler View Post
    Holy fuck I've never even considered Vulpera Demon Hunters before, and now I NEEEEEEED it. Tiny little winged demons with tiny glaives, YES.
    The horror, it'll be like, "What is that stabbing me?!" like when Goblins/Gnomes play rogue.

I honestly don't mind the full-out selection but.. I'd rather... This is where EVERYONE is going to hate me... I'd rather some special combos like that and others, were unlocked through the game, and not just directly on the selection.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Their expressed goal (tho a bit obtuse) was that the non-hero classes would all available to every race, except hero-class exclusive ones (meaning Dracthyr)

Shaman, Paladin & Druid require additional racial assets. Warlocks require a lore explaination, though the liberation of demons from Sargeras should be enough. But honestly, Monks should have been included. I don't think Goblins & Worgen are missing any of the special monk animations.
    also there is a difference between classes with racial assets that do not involve the character itself (like paladin mounts, shaman totens and druid forms), and classes with racial assets that are integral part of the character(like death knights and demon hunters appearances)

for the first category it is easier, one choice is that they can simply make a default model for paladin mounts, shaman totems and druid forms for all races (even though it would be reductive), for the second category death knights are already available to all races apart from drac'thyr and they have unique art in each race, but demon hunters is going to be the hardest one, especially when taking into account the metamorphosis

Quote Originally Posted by Beet View Post
    They can’t give warlock to Draenei. It would be the most fucked up lore move ever made. Oh yes the race that left behind their home planet not once but twice because of demons has no chosen to just be friendly with demons after all. The race that literally swore off even communicating with demons muchless using their power.

That said, I expect it to happen in the next year. Shadowlands kinda proved todays Blizzard has no respect for the old lore. Im just cracking up imaging tauren mages and Draenei rogues though. Nothing says master wizard like a tauren!
    The funny thing here is that "warlock" LITERALLY means "oathbreaker", in germanic so in a sense there is no other race AS FITTING for the name as a draenei who breaks his oath by communicating with demons :S

etymonline.com/word/warlock

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Elfezen View Post
    also there is a difference between classes with racial assets that do not involve the character itself (like paladin mounts, shaman totens and druid forms), and classes with racial assets that are integral part of the character(like death knights and demon hunters appearances)

for the first category it is easier, one choice is that they can simply make a default model for paladin mounts, shaman totems and druid forms for all races (even though it would be reductive), for the second category death knights are already available to all races apart from drac'thyr and they have unique art in each race, but demon hunters is going to be the hardest one, especially when taking into account the metamorphosis
    Agreed, DKs for pandas and allied races simply lack the DK only facial decay and skin color options which are present for the core races.

If a similar approach is taken for allied and other core races to become demon hunters that would be okay with me.

Also I think Blizzard will make Evoker available to all races at some point, as soon as they finish making draconic visage models for all races, then explain it like those races were changed to be draconic /became dragons at some point, so they can now be evokers.
    Last edited by ArchBringer; 2022-10-27 at 07:49 AM.

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't they say the goal is to give every race every class aside from Demon Hunter and Evoker? I can see the argument of lore, but at the same time isn't that a bit archaic? That's like saying gnomes shouldn't be farmers due to how small they are, yet they're walking around with greatswords now. It's like people are forcing the idea that a races past, or their ancestors limits them on what they can learn or what they can be. Honestly I think it would be cool to be a lightforged draenei warlock with demon pets walking around, even give me the transmog option to make them lightforged as well.

Argus would have been the moment to introduce Draenei warlocks imo.

Have a group of man'ari defect to Velen saying they were subjugated into the Burning Legion when they failed to reach Velen in time when they fled (have their leader be someone Velen knows for extra personal touch) but now that we've reached Argus they want to help us destroy what made them man'ari.

Once the BL is defeated they are welcomed back into draenei society and teach willing draenei how to control the fel without succumbing to it (something they had millenia to master on Argus), boom draenei warlocks.

Having a man'ari show up NOW would be sus af, how would you know it wasn't just there since the BL lost?

Quote Originally Posted by Mecheon View Post
    Monks and warlocks are the last two they can do with no new art assets required, so I suspect those two will be the next to come along given they're simple enough
    Monks require specific animations.
    Rogues didn't have that problem because all races, even tauren and draenei, already had stealth animations.

Quote Originally Posted by ClownPrincess View Post
    Rogues didn't have that problem because all races, even tauren and draenei, already had stealth animations.
    This is the reason why. They will prob come later, Blizzard are slowly, removing the restriction on all clases most likely, but just went with the easiest classes first, as a testing ground to see how the players feel.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaggler View Post
    Worgen
    Gilneans are probably still too angry or the Worgen curse won't give them sobriety
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    What gives? Even if they have to force worgen and goblin monks into Exiles Reach, whats the holdup?
    And if they added monk ? you will come to these forums asking for more
    because your kind never shuts up

In my opinion having everything be everything is boring. Its losing uniqueness and flavor. I would be in favor of more restrictions, not the other way around. But seeing some combinations here makes me wonder if people actually hate lore and just want it to piss off those that care. Undead paladin and draenei warlock for example. Nothing has any meaning or significance anymore that way.
    Shamans and warlocks should be horde only and paladin alliance only or Warriors could be all except gnomes/goblins etc. But i guess iam the minority here and blizz certainly doesnt give a shit about lore so we will be seeing more non sensical combinations in the future.

Its this, but also they picked the most basic classes to start with. These are corr, non hybrid classes from vanilla. You don't get more basic. Starting with them just makes sense.

I would presume, barring technical issues/difficulties that the rest of the vanilla classes would be tackled before moving into the tacked on ones like Monk and Demon Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    Totally agree.

Weird combos should be unlockable. It'd add a layer of gameplay instead of taking one away, to achieve the same goal, that noobs dont look at Undead Paladins and think those are normal, thematically significant choices. Draenei hate warlocks, and there needs to be a quest explaining their existence before they're added. Pandaren demon hunters would need a completely seperate starting zone, butpanda death knights got one, so anything goes.
    Having a quest to unlock a race/class combo does virtually nothing in terms of making said combo "rarer" those who want to play are just forced into arbitrary extra steps to create one instead of allowing it straight away.

Same with how allied races work nowadays: they are rarer (if they are rarer) not because of arbitrary limitations before being able to create one, since anybody can do it any time anyways, but because fewer people want to play them, so gating it to 1 hour or a few minutes before actually creating it would in no way have the effect you think it would have.

Also you can't have any reason whatsoever not to allow any character to change his/her class any time they so choose, -now then, an intro quest to all classes would actually have merit for once, if they showed you in which ways that particular class differs form the rest, similar to how the intro quests on the starter isles work- or having all professions learned at once instead of being limited to only 2.

Anybody can make up any lore reason for themselves. I came up with having an orc priest viewing Light and shadow as 2 primary elements for myself 8 years ago when WoD released, and now I can finally play one.

And since there is no official lore explanation for it yet, - and frankly even if there was an official one - I'd still use my own.
    This is why I and many others play RPGs in the first place.
    Last edited by ArchBringer; 2022-10-27 at 12:04 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Monks and warlocks are the last two they can do with no new art assets required, so I suspect those two will be the next to come along given they're simple enough
    It would be cool if light forced draenei get holy verions of the demons. Wasnt there a light forced demon in the spaceship?

10+ Year Old Account
    Gimme that forsaken paladin for god sake.

All races already have monk animations, you can see them if you use a toy to transform into a goblin or worgen character (and Lightforged inherit them from regular Draenei). Heck, they've had them since Cata, its never been an actual block, they've just never given them the option

Quote Originally Posted by Elbob View Post
    O no the least played class is the game doesn't have access to all the races. THE HORROR. why is this so important?
    Ironically, what you are saying is actually one reason why they should actually give monks to all races.

Not that it would increase the amount of monk players a lot, but it would still definitely increase it at least a little bit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Caradras View Post
    In my opinion having everything be everything is boring. Its losing uniqueness and flavor. I would be in favor of more restrictions, not the other way around. But seeing some combinations here makes me wonder if people actually hate lore and just want it to piss off those that care. Undead paladin and draenei warlock for example. Nothing has any meaning or significance anymore that way.
    Shamans and warlocks should be horde only and paladin alliance only or Warriors could be all except gnomes/goblins etc. But i guess iam the minority here and blizz certainly doesnt give a shit about lore so we will be seeing more non sensical combinations in the future.
    This is a perfectly fine argument and one I agree with when it comes to some classes, like as you mentioned paladins and imo also druids, shamans and maybe warlocks at the very least. However for example in the case of monks there is absolutely no reason why they shouldn't just give it to the remaining races that can't be them (worgen, goblins and HE draenei). There are absolutely no technical or gameplay or lore reasons (anymore) for this specific restriction.

- - - Updated - - -

All races already have monk animations, you can see them if you use a toy to transform into a goblin or worgen character (and Lightforged inherit them from regular Draenei). Heck, they've had them since Cata, its never been an actual block, they've just never given them the option
    Yeah or if you use the 3d tool from wowhead or any machinima tool. All playable races have full monk support.

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Zandalari having Monks instead of Warlocks still bugs me
    Monks aren't the issue for Zandas, sure entire Monk theme is mostly associated with Pandaren culture. But when it comes to martial arts trope, then Trolls are not strangers to it and there are work-arounds for them, like Darkspears using Cappoeira for their fighting style.

For Zandas - When it comes to using kicks, and concotions then Jaguar warrior fits enough and they appeared in MoP https://www.wowhead.com/npc=69171/za...rior#abilities

Fun fact, for all the starter zones, the only non-Pandaren monk class trainer is Darkspear troll (but he is sparring with Panda).

But sure, it's a bit odd that Zandas don't have Warlocks - I guess they wanted to have that distinction, that they have Paladins and the Darkspears have Warlocks.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

Quote Originally Posted by Ramz View Post
    But sure, it's a bit odd that Zandas don't have Warlocks - I guess they wanted to have that distinction, that they have Paladins and the Darkspears have Warlocks.
    If you remember from the time, Zandys originally had warlocks but didn't have paladins. Specifically they added a paladin NPC to basically say "Yeah we exist but you're not getting us as playable". This, shockingly, wasn't well received. Plus, we'd already seen tons of Zandy paladins throughout Throne of Thunder and not seeing a single Zandalari warlock

Eventually they gave them paladins, which was roughly around the time KTs received mages as well, but warlocks got removed. Frankly monks probably should have been the one to get the chop but, we got paladins at least

I agree with OP. You can give every race Monks easily, best time would have been the Worgen and Goblin model updates

If you remember from the time, Zandys originally had warlocks but didn't have paladins. Specifically they added a paladin NPC to basically say "Yeah we exist but you're not getting us as playable". This, shockingly, wasn't well received. Plus, we'd already seen tons of Zandy paladins throughout Throne of Thunder and not seeing a single Zandalari warlock

Eventually they gave them paladins, which was roughly around the time KTs received mages as well, but warlocks got removed. Frankly monks probably should have been the one to get the chop but, we got paladins at least
    Zandalari had Paladin class NPC since vanilla, On Yojamba each player class had NPC that corresponded with the player. Then in Cataclysm we met again Zandalari Juggernauts that were using light, wearing plate and were melee oriented.
    Then in Isle of Thunder we met Prelates which were de facto Troll Pallies.
    And in Beta there were Perlates aswell. They initially released class list that appeared on WoWhead, that lacked paladins, and indeed people were upset because Zandas had track record of having them. And apparently it was some sort of miscommunication on the team, because on the official Allied Races website Zandalari had paladins.

I disagree that they shouldn't get monks because they have their own martial artists known as Jaguar Warriors which I provided link to,
    And they should also get Warlocks, since Zandalari had Demoniacs and are no strangers to curses, hexes and such.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria