Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Nozdormu wanted to die in End Time

I always thought it was weird that we were able to kill Nozdurmo in End Time. This dude has literally seen all of time. Therefore i refuse to believe he could have been killed if he didn't want to. But the question has always been why?? After watching his interaction in legacies i think i am starting to understand.

He did it when Chromie was at the threshold of becoming an adult. Until then Chromie blindly followed Nozdurmo and only went through time to observe and preserve the flow. Afterwards Chromie starts taking on all of his responsibilities including battling N'zoth with the other aspects. Nozdurmo groomed Chromie to be his replacement.

But once again the question is why when he can see all of time. It is partially answered in End Time in that this was the best future he could forsee. Now he was corrupted by Old God magic. So naturally we all think that his best vision of the future is to ally with the old gods so at least a corrupted version of life exists.

however going back to when he chose to die. He did it when Chromie was coming of age. He releases the Dracthry when dragons finally come a mutual cohabitation with the sentient races. Having them all grow up and learn to work together.

I believe at some point Nozdurmo is going to take the hit for azeroth and needs us to be strong enough to think for ourselves without him. To fight back and use the power of friendship.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shammypie View Post
    I always thought it was weird that we were able to kill Nozdurmo in End Time. This dude has literally seen all of time. Therefore i refuse to believe he could have been killed if he didn't want to. But the question has always been why?? After watching his interaction in legacies i think i am starting to understand.

He did it when Chromie was at the threshold of becoming an adult. Until then Chromie blindly followed Nozdurmo and only went through time to observe and preserve the flow. Afterwards Chromie starts taking on all of his responsibilities including battling N'zoth with the other aspects. Nozdurmo groomed Chromie to be his replacement.

But once again the question is why when he can see all of time. It is partially answered in End Time in that this was the best future he could forsee. Now he was corrupted by Old God magic. So naturally we all think that his best vision of the future is to ally with the old gods so at least a corrupted version of life exists.

however going back to when he chose to die. He did it when Chromie was coming of age. He releases the Dracthry when dragons finally come a mutual cohabitation with the sentient races. Having them all grow up and learn to work together.

I believe at some point Nozdurmo is going to take the hit for azeroth and needs us to be strong enough to think for ourselves without him. To fight back and use the power of friendship.
    Well, it is going to happen, but it is apparently also inevitable for him to become Moruzond.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Why, you ask? Because the incompetent writers wishes it so. That is the first order of business; all else are secondary justifications.

We fought Murozond in End Time because they needed a significant big bad, and we can safely kill him there without it affecting the story much as Nozdormu is still around.

Certainly, if Chromie is being groomed to replace him as aspect, it is not because of any reasoning on Nozdormu's part, but rather because the writers think that Chromie is popular and want her to have "screen time" and "character development", which also they will mangle, as they have shown so plainly with her of late.

Thus Nozdormu will be put out to pasture when they are inclined to be done with him, which very well might be in this expansion, and so he will turn into Murozond and probably have a grand encounter that they milk for drama, and then they will have done with him and the loop will be complete; but do not ascribe to it in-universe reasoning, for that comes only after the writers have set up their puppet show to maximize their drama, and as they approach the writing from the wrong end by first setting out to create a dramatized show and not for the benefit or reasoning of the characters themselves, then it shall be poor. This is how it has been for years, now, claiming to tell a "character-driven" story but only providing cheap drama, and they have only gotten all the worse with it.

You are giving lazily written time travel plot too much credit
    You just lost The Game

Nozdormu is fated to die. And that is a good thing. The Titans didn't want him to become too powerful. Otherwise he would try to erase the timeline for his personal gain.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nozdormu falls to madness, becomes Murozond, dies in End Time, as it was said it would happen when Nozdormu was shown his own death.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Of course.

That is the tragedy of his story, and the tragedy of many who have dealt with the Void. The Void is insidious, it has corrupted and twisted even the minds of Titans and Dragons. So far, only the Ren'dorei have truly proven capable of defying its malicious whispers.

It is not a surprise that Nozdormu, after having been shown the future by the Old Gods, is doomed; this is what the Void excels at. The Void, and those who spread it, excel at crushing hope and luring into despair. They did this with Archbishop Benedictus, once a pious man, who was manipulated by the Void after he was traumatized by the horrors of the Third War.

The thing about Nozdormu/Murozond is that he has literally been his fate by the Old Gods. His connection to the Void is too strong, he is bonded at this point, he is too far gone. The Old Gods have left too much of a mark on him. That's why, at the end of the dungeon, Nozdormu acknowledges that his fate is inescapable. That he is doomed. That is the tragedy. He cannot escape from his fate. He cannot change his destiny. And I suspect that he will turn into Murozond midway through Dragonflight, and serve as the final villain of the expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Of course.

That is the tragedy of his story, and the tragedy of many who have dealt with the Void. The Void is insidious, it has corrupted and twisted even the minds of Titans and Dragons. So far, only the Ren'dorei have truly proven capable of defying its malicious whispers.

It is not a surprise that Nozdormu, after having been shown the future by the Old Gods, is doomed; this is what the Void excels at. The Void, and those who spread it, excel at crushing hope and luring into despair. They did this with Archbishop Benedictus, once a pious man, who was manipulated by the Void after he was traumatized by the horrors of the Third War.

The thing about Nozdormu/Murozond is that he has literally been his fate by the Old Gods. His connection to the Void is too strong, he is bonded at this point, he is too far gone. The Old Gods have left too much of a mark on him. That's why, at the end of the dungeon, Nozdormu acknowledges that his fate is inescapable. That he is doomed. That is the tragedy. He cannot escape from his fate. He cannot change his destiny. And I suspect that he will turn into Murozond midway through Dragonflight, and serve as the final villain of the expansion.
    Everyone is talking about dragons yet you chyme in and make it about void elves. Why?

Oh no, time paradoxes, Im out, these are as bad as afterlife/god crap.
    Why do we have to touch sht that's usually the worst of the worst in fantasy worlds?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grazrug View Post
    Everyone is talking about dragons yet you chyme in and make it about void elves. Why?
    you clearly have never interacted with them before

#TeamFuckEverything

Quote Originally Posted by Grazrug View Post
    Thats just Varodoc. Doesn't matter what the topic is, Void elves are brought up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also, I believe Nozdormu was shown his future by Aman'thul not the Old Gods.

#TeamFuckEverything

Quote Originally Posted by Felrane View Post
    Thats just Varodoc. Doesn't matter what the topic is, Void elves are brought up.
    Of course. In the Void elf intro, as I mentioned, it is literally brought up how even Dragons have fallen to the whispers.

The point that I and the story are making here is that Nozdormu's doom is unsurprising and expected. It is the fate of those who meddle with the Void (the Ren'dorei being the only exception, as I was saying). Even dragons are susceptible to the whispers. And as I explained above, Nozdormu is even more far gone. Presumably the Old Gods have had even more opportunities to manipulate him, as they have literally given him visions of his demise. It's not just vague whispers, they clearly put more effort in corrupting Nozdormu.

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    Also, I believe Nozdormu was shown his future by Aman'thul not the Old Gods.
    Impossible. The Chronicles, which were written by the Titans, directly state that the creation of Murozond was orchestrated by the Old Gods:

^ World of Warcraft: Chronicle Volume 3, pg. 213 - "Nozdormu had also learned that the Old Gods had orchestrated the rise of the infinite dragonflight. This shadowy force was responsible for the time anomalies that had consumed his attention for so many years. Just as unsettling was the identity of the infinite dragonflight's leader. It was Nozdormu himself. In some distant future, he had fallen to corruption and taken on the name Murozond. This shade of Nozdormu had forged the infinite dragonflight to unravel the sanctity of time."
    The story of Nozdormu mirrors the story of Neltharion, and reminds us (those who paid attention to the story) of Alleria Windrunner's words from the Void elf intro:

The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness.

Just like Neltharion was broken by the whispers and turned into Deathwing; so, too, Nozdormu is doomed to be broken by the whispers and turned into Murozond. It is an inescapable doom. And it also implies that the Old Gods might still have the power to corrupt him, despite their apparent "demise".

But Nozdormu knows that this is his fate, he knows that the whispers of the Void are inescapable. He acknowledges his destiny after the defeat of one version of Murozond (the one from the End Times dungeon):

Still, in time, I will... fall to madness. And you, heroes... will vanquish me. The cycle will repeat. So it goes.
    Nozdormu explicitly calls the inescapable doom a "cycle": The cycle of Murozond will repeat itself in Dragonflight as Nozdormu is doomed.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2022-10-28 at 08:39 PM.

Nozdormus story will never make sense whatever any writer on earth will do...
    It is about time travel. It CANNOT make sense. Everything you do creates a paradox.

I always have to roll my eyes when any game or movie or book starts with fucking time travel. Because that is the moment the story is completly destroyed and anything anyone ever does looses all meaning forever.

Harry Potter. World of Warcraft. MCU.
    Dr Who just says "fuck it we don't care, lets be campy"

Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    You are giving lazily written time travel plot too much credit
    But this was Cataclysm, back when the "good writers" were still there.

time travel stories are some of the most complicated to make well.
    sadly even writers that make good stories will often fail to make good time travel stories.

Wow writers are awful & incompetent... whatever time travel drivel they attempt will be so bad it shall be memorable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between here and the sick, twisted world inside my head
    When the Titans blessed Nozdormu with his powers over time, he was also showed the moment and circumstances of his death. This was done to prevent him from thinking he was invincible due to his powers.
    So I fail to see the problem? This has been in Lore for way over a decade, so why are people making a big deal out of it now?

Quote Originally Posted by Eosia View Post
    But this was Cataclysm, back when the "good writers" were still there.
    To think they ever did exposes someone as never having read an actual book.
    You just lost The Game

Alternatively he just didn't die his final death there.
    Remember that for as much as Nozdormu knows Murozond knows more, especially his past's actions to kill him.
    Murozond could easily deceive Nozdormu and us since he already experienced all that transpired.

And unlike Nozdormu Murozond seems to be not a creature born of a single timeline, but rather to be a self-recreating amalgamate of infinite alternate selves of Nozdormu.
    Murozond could very well be the most unkillable character in Warcraft if they so choose, as it can bypass its every demise simply being born again of other timelines.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lupinemancer View Post
    When the Titans blessed Nozdormu with his powers over time, he was also showed the moment and circumstances of his death. This was done to prevent him from thinking he was invincible due to his powers.
    So I fail to see the problem? This has been in Lore for way over a decade, so why are people making a big deal out of it now?
    Because they get to qq about Time Travel even though its pretty simple.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi