Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Reinstalled since my brother started playing again...and finally beat whatever boss I couldn't beat before! Yay for just spamming melee and winning.

I'm going to have to re-learn everything, but the biggest improvement IMO is DX12. DX11 was always shit for me for some reason. Both the game and Steam would say I have a locked 100fps with the game showing a very very consistent frame timing, but I'd have frequent very noticeable frame drops/persistence that really ruined the whole "ninja" experience. No amount of settings tweaks (didn't try dropping resolution, which I shouldn't need to at 2K on a 3070) fixed it and it always made it hard to stick around. Didn't know they'd added in a beta for DX12, but that fixed the problem right up! Turned back on a few graphical goodies and it's buttery smooth now.

Apparently I have a few frames and a decent selection of weapons to play with and level (need more frames but whatever). Shame I'm getting back into it while I'm also busy with other games, but maybe I'll finally figure this bloody game out for the first time since it launched.

Edit: If there are any solid resources for getting new/returning players up to speed lay them on me. I know the wiki is apparently basically "mandatory", but I don't even know enough of what I don't know to have an idea of what to look for. For now I'm just gonna kinda mindlessly try to follow whatever active missions I have and see if I can pick up some learnings along the way.
    It really depends on where you left off at and how much plat you got. Do you got an archwing? You'll want an archwing and a launcher so you can move quicker in open world areas.https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Orb...uncher_Segment

You'll also want to do the Deimos content for helminth and Necramech if you don't got them. Necramech can carry you through some content and is used for some missions.
    https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Necramech

I'd buy one if you can just because its so much better than the junk ones they give you on missions that require em plus you wont need to grind as much then.

I think you might need a railjack for later missions as well which would also be a good purchase.

Demios stuff and operator amps are probably the most important things you need. A few important story quests require a railjack but other than that you can just join another players for any railjack content and while Veil breaker and Zariman add new content they don't unlock items/modes that will gate your progress in future content.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    https://warframe.market/

website for the warframe market where you can buy everything with platinum which you can earn in game if you know how.

https://overframe.gg/items/arsenal/30/khora/

best site for builds.

Also if you want I can hook you up with some gold mods to get you started like continuity etc which would save a lot of time
    I'll keep those handy but that seems like a long ways off as I'm still fairly "early game" in the current incarnation of it, despite having a fair amount of time sunk in and some leveled frames and shit. For now I'm just gonna kinda keep plodding along and seeing if I'm even going to stick around too long this time, but if I do I may take you up on your kind offer : )

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    It really depends on where you left off at and how much plat you got. Do you got an archwing? You'll want an archwing and a launcher so you can move quicker in open world areas.https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Orb...uncher_Segment

You'll also want to do the Deimos content for helminth and Necramech if you don't got them. Necramech can carry you through some content and is used for some missions.
    https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Necramech

I'd buy one if you can just because its so much better than the junk ones they give you on missions that require em plus you wont need to grind as much then.

I think you might need a railjack for later missions as well which would also be a good purchase.

Demios stuff and operator amps are probably the most important things you need. A few important story quests require a railjack but other than that you can just join another players for any railjack content and while Veil breaker and Zariman add new content they don't unlock items/modes that will gate your progress in future content.
    Don't think I have the launcher, just the space version of the archwing. For now I'm just ninja slide jumping through open worlds when I go around (went to Fortuna, very nice intro sequence at least!).

Will have to look into most of the rest of your post later since I don't know what Deimos or any of that is lol, I'm still a total newb.

For now I'm mostly probably going to take a look at my cards I have on stuff and see about sorting those out since I've changed a few weapons and probably don't have full decks for them.

That was apparently my brother's problem as he frequently runs into the smallest amoutn of friction/challenge and instantly flies into a rage and claims the game is bullshit and broken and terribly designed. Then he looks it up, realizes he's dumb, and fixes his problem. Had me sit down to beat the loader boss in the first few planets (4 legged dude where you need to shoot the armor off his legs and avoid lasers and shit) since my brother kept saying it was impossible with his character and the video he was watching the guy just 3 shot the legs etc. etc. etc....yeah he just sucked lol. Granted his gear was trash (I didn't even know this at the time), but homeboy was just running through beams saying there was no way to avoid them instead of high jumping and abusing slow fall to hit the back legs. I fear this will be a consistent thing with him getting pissed off at the game frequently, he gets frustrated any time he doesn't understand something as well as he understands PoE...which he's played almost exclusively for like 12 years lol.

oh gosh, you are so far behind then.

You want to get a railjack, a necramech, the ability to use the archwing on open worlds,. do you have a kdrive yet?

Quote Originally Posted by bbr View Post
    oh gosh, you are so far behind then.

You want to get a railjack, a necramech, the ability to use the archwing on open worlds,. do you have a kdrive yet?
    Probably not, lol. I'm gonna have to grind out a whole bunch of quest progress and shit.

Don't think I have the launcher, just the space version of the archwing. For now I'm just ninja slide jumping through open worlds when I go around (went to Fortuna, very nice intro sequence at least!).

Will have to look into most of the rest of your post later since I don't know what Deimos or any of that is lol, I'm still a total newb.

For now I'm mostly probably going to take a look at my cards I have on stuff and see about sorting those out since I've changed a few weapons and probably don't have full decks for them.

That was apparently my brother's problem as he frequently runs into the smallest amoutn of friction/challenge and instantly flies into a rage and claims the game is bullshit and broken and terribly designed. Then he looks it up, realizes he's dumb, and fixes his problem. Had me sit down to beat the loader boss in the first few planets (4 legged dude where you need to shoot the armor off his legs and avoid lasers and shit) since my brother kept saying it was impossible with his character and the video he was watching the guy just 3 shot the legs etc. etc. etc....yeah he just sucked lol. Granted his gear was trash (I didn't even know this at the time), but homeboy was just running through beams saying there was no way to avoid them instead of high jumping and abusing slow fall to hit the back legs. I fear this will be a consistent thing with him getting pissed off at the game frequently, he gets frustrated any time he doesn't understand something as well as he understands PoE...which he's played almost exclusively for like 12 years lol.
    Do you have pets unlocked? The Kubrow(dog) and Kavat(cat)?

Deimos is the 3rd open world area full of infested shit. One of the funnest parts of the game imo is flying around with your archwing in the open world areas tranquilizing animals which give you tags for some stuff from vendors. Also on Demios you can gain Kubrow and Kavat customizable infested variants. The Kavat variant is fox like that has infinite respawns. https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Vulpaphyla

If you wanna do full f2p you might want to get a Smeeta Kavat https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Smeeta_Kavat They come with a Charm mod that gives random buffs including doubling pickups and affinity. I can gift you a railjack/necramech bundle too if you want.

If you are willing to spend money on the game and wanna keep playing you might want to play on steam if you dont already to access tennogen for the true endgame content: Fashionframe.

Do you have pets unlocked? The Kubrow(dog) and Kavat(cat)?

Deimos is the 3rd open world area full of infested shit. One of the funnest parts of the game imo is flying around with your archwing in the open world areas tranquilizing animals which give you tags for some stuff from vendors. Also on Demios you can gain Kubrow and Kavat customizable infested variants. The Kavat variant is fox like that has infinite respawns. https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Vulpaphyla

If you wanna do full f2p you might want to get a Smeeta Kavat https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Smeeta_Kavat They come with a Charm mod that gives random buffs including doubling pickups and affinity. I can gift you a railjack/necramech bundle too if you want.

If you are willing to spend money on the game and wanna keep playing you might want to play on steam if you dont already to access tennogen for the true endgame content: Fashionframe.
    Yep, got the dog and actually just realized I hadn't even equiped cards on it, lol. I'm slowly sorting my card shit out...slowly, in part because Vay Hek is being super duper annoying and taking no damage from my rifle at all. (which didn't work, but thank god I got carried lol)

I'm not into the game enough to start spending yet, but if I stick around I have no problems dropping some cash on shit. And yes I do play on Steam so that's rad, I dig when players can add UGC and get a cut of sales.

Dont spend unless you get a 75% discount voucher.

And even then, cracking relics and selling those drops for platinum is an easy way to stay f2p

Yep, got the dog and actually just realized I hadn't even equiped cards on it, lol. I'm slowly sorting my card shit out...slowly, in part because Vay Hek is being super duper annoying and taking no damage from my rifle at all. (which didn't work, but thank god I got carried lol)

I'm not into the game enough to start spending yet, but if I stick around I have no problems dropping some cash on shit. And yes I do play on Steam so that's rad, I dig when players can add UGC and get a cut of sales.
    What breed is it? The best Kubrow breed is probably Chesa since like the Smeeta it can increase your drops.
    https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Chesa_Kubrow

Lots of shit in the game can be crazy grindy so especially for the first couple weeks it comes out so drop rate pets and boosts can be a lifesaver.

And like BBR said try to only buy plat if you got a 75% off coupon otherwise its not really worth it since its 200$ for 4k plat and like 3 mods while you can buy the full prime access pack for $140 and get 3990 plat, a prime warframe, usually 2 prime weapons, some cosmetic stuff, and 2 90 day boosters which would end up costing you 1200 in plat if you were to buy the boosts. (you can't actually buy 90 day boosters in game only 30 day boosters at 200 each)

maybe calm down with the minmax advice for newbies eh?
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

What breed is it? The best Kubrow breed is probably Chesa since like the Smeeta it can increase your drops.
    https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Chesa_Kubrow

Lots of shit in the game can be crazy grindy so especially for the first couple weeks it comes out so drop rate pets and boosts can be a lifesaver.

And like BBR said try to only buy plat if you got a 75% off coupon otherwise its not really worth it since its 200$ for 4k plat and like 3 mods while you can buy the full prime access pack for $140 and get 3990 plat, a prime warframe, usually 2 prime weapons, some cosmetic stuff, and 2 90 day boosters which would end up costing you 1200 in plat if you were to buy the boosts. (you can't actually buy 90 day boosters in game only 30 day boosters at 200 each)
    Raska Kubrow apparently, but probably not looking to mess around with pets much until I get more situated.

And thanks to both of you on the platinum warning. I did end up buying the starter bundle for some additional platinum and the free frame and other goodies.

Apparently I have a bunch of relics from long ago and need to run missions in the void to open them. Will have to look that up but for now I'm sorta just working on doing missions I haven't completed on earlier planets to make sure I have access to everything for later. IIRC you end up wanting to farm the invasions and other stuff a lot, yeah?

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Icon View Post
    maybe calm down with the minmax advice for newbies eh?
    You're right innane comments while offering no advice yourself is the better move

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    You're right innane comments while offering no advice yourself is the better move
    yeah better to further the confusion with spoilers and talking about things that'll make absolutely no sense to anyone but vets.
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

Warframe, like many 'older' games is built with system upon system upon system and for someone that is not 'up to date' the amount of grind there is to do can indeed be utterly overwhelming. A definite case of choice overload, and if you try to do everything at once you have a decent chance of burning out before you get anywhere.

Advising someone to not stress about min-maxing and just have fun playing the game, setting simple goals like unlocking the entire starmap and working through the story quests to The Second Dream is certainly not bad.

A relatively new player doesn't need to be worrying about his/her Kubrow breed and farming for the 'correct' one.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Warframe, like many 'older' games is built with system upon system upon system and for someone that is not 'up to date' the amount of grind there is to do can indeed be utterly overwhelming. A definite case of choice overload, and if you try to do everything at once you have a decent chance of burning out before you get anywhere.

Advising someone to not stress about min-maxing and just have fun playing the game, setting simple goals like unlocking the entire starmap and working through the story quests to The Second Dream is certainly not bad.

A relatively new player doesn't need to be worrying about his/her Kubrow breed and farming for the 'correct' one.
    This is kinda where I'm at. I'm still so early in the game that literally anything about optimal builds and shit is so far out of reach. But I'm filing that info away for later if I ever get that far, but it's nothing I can do anything about/would need to do more research before even starting.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post

The advice wasn't really about min-maxing and more saving someone from hundreds of hours of grinding which is why I didn't say he needs to get one or a smeeta just that they give you more drops.

I'm slow as fuck.

Finally got the archwing launcher (been focusing on progressing quests and the solar system while grinding out my first two faction reps, plus lots of crafting) and it's a lot of fun! Should have gone for it earlier but honestly been kinda holding off on the open world stuff while focusing on unlocking missions. Still have that moving fortress and a few more places to finish to have access to the whole map (unless there's more stuff like the fortress that unlocks later).

Holy shit there's so much more grinding and faction shit to do. I haven't even really started Cephelon, haven't been back to the fleshy planet, and so much other shit. Now I'm dealing with the annoyance of Focus. This isn't a complaint, I like having lots of progress bars to fill up and I enjoy grinding for the most part! But man at the same time it's daunting trying to figure out how to be efficient with my time while still having fun.

I chose the melee focus (naramon?) initially based off of older information and kinda regret it. It's not bad, but the energy (zaru..something?) one seems more generally useful especially since I've been having fun with Octavia (and am one piece away from Octavia Prime, just need to farm Relics to get it) with AFK farming using her abilities (without a proper build of cards even, mine are a mess). Guess it's gonna be a lot of bounty farming to get a bunch of lens's to use across different frames and shit, at least I finally got a second naramon while farming (I guess someone in my group triggered some higher level bounties we did, yay) so I've got that in my Trinity Prime. I still really like that frame a lot even if it's basically a pure defensive/support frame. Big heal is excellent, the energy regen debuff on enemies is ace, and spamming her 3 to redirect damage taken to nearby enemies is fucking hilarious and largely seems to make me functionally unkillable so far.

Also, BIG fan of a lot of the side quests in the game. Did the Octavia one over the past week (got the frame from Twitch so I already had it) and that was a ton of fun! Nice little story with some fairly good beats and dialogue, really dug the musical element throughout, and while my brother hated it I actually really enjoyed that final step with tons of platforming.

My brain keeps Warframe mor or less frozen in time in terms of quality/scope from the early days, and I find myself continually impressed with not only how far the game has come in terms of design and production values from that state, but just in general. Like, beyond the always fantastic movement and gunplay, there's some really excellent maps and bosses and quests in the game. Truly wonderful stuff. I just wish the game was a bit less impenetrable and didn't feel like it required that I have the wiki open and at the ready at all times, but that's not too different from my earlier days of PoE (and I still do that a lot).

New update seems kinda neat too. Did the two (total?) new Lua missions, drops are pretty solid and they were fun. I dig the design the Void-y places like that. New frame looks rad visually but that's all I can say as I haven't even looked into its kit yet.

Holy shit there's so much more grinding and faction shit to do. I haven't even really started Cephelon, haven't been back to the fleshy planet, and so much other shit. Now I'm dealing with the annoyance of Focus. This isn't a complaint, I like having lots of progress bars to fill up and I enjoy grinding for the most part! But man at the same time it's daunting trying to figure out how to be efficient with my time while still having fun.
    If you have a weapon or warframe you really like but want to lvl more stuff for mr just put a lens on that one item/frame and use that while leveling the other stuff. As long as you have 1 maxed out something with a lens on it you can "passively" keep getting focus.

Yeah new frame looks pretty cool and has a pretty fucked up story. I wish you could remove the hip heads. You can remove the shoulder ones and they show up as ghosts occasionally and have some pretty cool interactions while idle like the left one flying over to the right one and bugging the shit out of it or playing fetch with your secondary weapon.

I've sorta been doing that. Did end up buying the Revenant pack so put it on him, just annoying when I want to level other frames. I've got a few upgraded frames/weapons from purchases, but don't want to really invest "big" into anything yet as I'm still collecting a ton and figuring out what kind of frame I want to play. I've got Nyx and Vauban baking in the oven since I had all the parts and will get those in a few days. I really need to get a bunch of weapons again, though, been a while since I've had a bunch to level and I need at least 1 more mastery level to use the primary weapons from some of the rep factions (Mastery 12).

Will just be a very long grind as I'm not doing a ton of high XP content yet so I'm maybe walking out of missions with like 5-10K focus at most, usually a few thousand.

Apparently there are some hidden doors in the Void that grant rare/super strong cards? My brother did it once and keeps talking it up, even if he's muleing the keys and me and others are finding the secret door and shit that just sounds tedious...I get it, it's a F2P game that's been around for ages and grinding is the name of the game. I can dig that, but some of the grinds just seem like they'll be brutal.

Built my Railjack a while back but keep failing that first mission. First time, couldn't figure out how to repair my Railjack. Second time I did, but ran out of repair juice and didn't know how to get more. Guess I should look up a video for that, because apparently Railjacks are fucking amazing for credit farming?
    Last edited by Edge-; 2022-12-03 at 02:07 AM.

I recommend to anyone they get a wukong.

His cloud smoke ability is just insanity for speed running stuff

- - - Updated - - -

Built my Railjack a while back but keep failing that first mission. First time, couldn't figure out how to repair my Railjack. Second time I did, but ran out of repair juice and didn't know how to get more. Guess I should look up a video for that, because apparently Railjacks are fucking amazing for credit farming?
    Railjack is great for ENDO farming. Scrapping off all the ship upgrades you dont need is amazing source for endo.

You wanna do the small map on the index on preferably a credit boost weekend and you'll not need to think about credits again for a long time. You get millions of credits after back to back max bet rounds which are incredibly easy to win.

In terms of repairing rail jack you can get a drone repair pet. Or you can get companions on the railjack with a high skill in repair and you allocate them to the deck. Or you can repair them yourself with a tool
    Last edited by RobertoCarlos; 2022-12-03 at 08:02 AM.

I've sorta been doing that. Did end up buying the Revenant pack so put it on him, just annoying when I want to level other frames. I've got a few upgraded frames/weapons from purchases, but don't want to really invest "big" into anything yet as I'm still collecting a ton and figuring out what kind of frame I want to play. I've got Nyx and Vauban baking in the oven since I had all the parts and will get those in a few days. I really need to get a bunch of weapons again, though, been a while since I've had a bunch to level and I need at least 1 more mastery level to use the primary weapons from some of the rep factions (Mastery 12).

Will just be a very long grind as I'm not doing a ton of high XP content yet so I'm maybe walking out of missions with like 5-10K focus at most, usually a few thousand.

Apparently there are some hidden doors in the Void that grant rare/super strong cards? My brother did it once and keeps talking it up, even if he's muleing the keys and me and others are finding the secret door and shit that just sounds tedious...I get it, it's a F2P game that's been around for ages and grinding is the name of the game. I can dig that, but some of the grinds just seem like they'll be brutal.

Ahh Corrupted Mods. They show up in the Orokin Derelict and are indeed quite powerful.

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Cat..._Mods#Warframe

Farming them can be annoying since they each have just under a 5% drop chance but the Frame ones are very much worth it imo.
    I ran them solo, just carrying all 4 keys myself, with a Limbo if I remember right since he can just phase out and ignore enemies to deal with the -75% shields and health.
    With some powerful weapons the missions themselves are quick, you just spend some time running around checking every corridor to find the door.

Ofcourse as with so much in Warframe, there are so so many systems so don't feel like you 'have' to do it if you don't want to.

And yes if you need credits then check out the Index.
    https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/The_Index
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death