Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Furthermore, where are the addons? It doesnt usually take this long? I resubbed on tuesday but have not yet played as must-have addons are still not updated. Without them I'm unable to play. Normally they're updated day 1 or possibly the day after?

Quote Originally Posted by ReleaseDay View Post
    Furthermore, where are the addons? It doesnt usually take this long? I resubbed on tuesday but have not yet played as must-have addons are still not updated. Without them I'm unable to play. Normally they're updated day 1 or possibly the day after?
    Most likely the devs have quit and the addons were abandoned.

I resubbed on tuesday but have not yet played as must-have addons are still not updated. Without them I'm unable to play.
    out of curiosity, what are those must-have addons you can't play without ?

Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    It's not going to kill addons by any metric. E.g. even the action bars can use something like 'bartender' because they lack basic features like hiding the main bar or in combat etc.

Then there are also the people who are addicted to bloatware like elvui and you're not convincing those out of those either.
    I got rid of elvui, I just need a good nameplate addon now though.

Really enjoying the new UI, does what I want. Artwork is meh, but function is good.

Quote Originally Posted by Soikona View Post

Really enjoying the new UI, does what I want. Artwork is meh, but function is good.
    have you tried Tidy Plates? I use it with "Tidy Plates: BlizzardPlates" for the old school look and it's great. can see castbars, buffs/debuffs/dots, change color by threat, sizes so your current target nameplate is bigger than the others etc..

Quote Originally Posted by Beuargh View Post
    out of curiosity, what are those must-have addons you can't play without ?
    *Overachiever
    *Z-Perl
    *Altoholic
    *Bagnon

There are a bunch more outdated ones but these are must-have

*Overachiever
    *Z-Perl
    *Altoholic
    *Bagnon

There are a bunch more outdated ones but these are must-have
    ok... so you're "unable" to play without those. sounds ridiculous to me but I guess we don't all have the same definition for "must-have"
    Last edited by Beuargh; 2022-10-31 at 05:10 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone else having issues with the new UI? After the prepatch I decided to disable all addons to get as immersed as I can in how blizzard is shipping dragonflight, but mid-fights in dungeons, partyframes disappears until I do a /reload ui xD this is very troublesome as a healer. Anyone else experiencing the same?

Quote Originally Posted by Soikona View Post

nameplates addons are easy to be high quality, probably because they are easy to code,
    but I think I found threatplates the best in latest years.

ok... so you're "unable" to play without those. sounds ridiculous to me but I guess we don't all have the same definition for "must-have"
    Yeah, not only do they bring such massive improvements, I've also had them for many years and gotten used to it, at this point it would be like going back to 60hz monitor, non-mechanical keyboard etc. I've gotten used to a certain standard ✋

I like my bloody maries with Tabasco. Frank's red hot is ok but if it is the only way a bar does it I'm getting another drink. I used to drink whatever but now I am older and I rather go without than have a bad version.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Caprias View Post
    Not to be that guy but I actually really love being that guy right here and now: FF14 has a quarter to maybe a third of the team size and budget yet their UI customization while far from perfect in it's first iteration (ARR) was a lot more advanced.
    That is an unfair comparison. "Rift" had a fully customisable ui way before ARR and that game is maintained by a skeleton crew. When was that 07? They didn't even have the giant annoying text boxes that get in the way of moving things. It even had an ability to layer and snap by choice.

God the new blizz ui keeps getting worse. A new frame will pop up under all the other frames so I have to move everything to uncover it, move it, then move everything else back.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, not only do they bring such massive improvements, I've also had them for many years and gotten used to it, at this point it would be like going back to 60hz monitor, non-mechanical keyboard etc. I've gotten used to a certain standard ✋
    I get you bro. It's like driving your car on a flat.

Quote Originally Posted by Fullmetal89 View Post
    UI change would be great and all if it didn't erase my layout every time I log off. I've had to redo the entire thing multiple times and I save it each time. It doesn't just go to the default layout but erases the one I made. The same stupid bug has been in the Dragonflight beta since I got the invite months ago.
    I know someone who had the same problem. He had to delete the WTF and Interface folders to fix the issue

Quote Originally Posted by Unlimited Power View Post
    Not that I necessarily agree with the OP, and it'll likely matter much less anyway when work orders ship with Dragonflight, but you used to be able to have the AH open along with a profession window.

If the OP is truly correct, that is functionality that is by all intents and purposes removed with the new UI.

And especially when the profession revamp is a touted feature of Dragonflight along with the new UI, it seems silly to restrict functionality that significantly eases the buying of materials.

But for now, let's all wait and see how this all plays out when work orders are live.
    who doesn't use TSM nowadays anyways?! TSM handles the shopping list for professions, you really just want it open so u can shiftclick links into the AH like a caveman.

new UI for the first time ever and all people do is bitch, never once a mention on what they can do to make it better, they will build on it over time, tweaking out the bugs and smoothing it out along the way, expecting it to ever be like ElvUI is unrealistic...

1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by liyroot View Post
    Because WoW is going to console soon.
    Liar! Unless.... *microsoft buys blizzard* OH NO

*Overachiever
    Dead, the Author hasn't been active on Curseforge since April, most people are suggesting you use https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addon...evement-filter instead
    *Z-Perl
    Author is working on an update
    *Altoholic
    *Bagnon
    Were updated long before you left your comment
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena
    Whats the saying .. You have two brain cells and they are both fighting for third place !

^ even updated, most bag addons are still buggy, blocking actions and stuff. I use to have a bag addon, but for now I can do without it, that's really not that big of a deal. everything is still in there.. being "unable" to play without bagnon is over-exaggerated. same if you're "unable" to play because your unit frames art is different from what you're used to ....

Quote Originally Posted by Stickiler View Post
    Dead, the Author hasn't been active on Curseforge since April, most people are suggesting you use https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addon...evement-filter instead

Author is working on an update

Were updated long before you left your comment
    Thanks, but Altoholic definitely hasnt been updated... It says "outdated" and with the latest (outdated) version loaded, nothing works.

Bagnon has been fixed now though

Thanks, but Altoholic definitely hasnt been updated... It says "outdated" and with the latest (outdated) version loaded, nothing works.

Bagnon has been fixed now though
    I dunno what to tell you, Altoholic version v10.0.001 was uploaded to Curseforge 2 days ago. Maybe your addon updater is broken?
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena
    Whats the saying .. You have two brain cells and they are both fighting for third place !

Quote Originally Posted by Stickiler View Post
    I dunno what to tell you, Altoholic version v10.0.001 was uploaded to Curseforge 2 days ago. Maybe your addon updater is broken?
    Yeah turns out it was this. I copied addon folder from old pc, but doesnt work with curseforge for some reason so have to reinstall most them..

Quote Originally Posted by Imnotadentist View Post
    Okay so the new UI, while I will say that they tried to do some cool stuff with it, all it has been so far is annoying and hard to tweak to my liking.
    The function i cannot stand the most in the New profession window, that takes up 3/4 of the screen, will close out the AH, and IS NONCUSTOMIZABLE AT ALL.
    Because you still have addons as an option.

They never forced the UI on you.