Page 1 of 22
... LastLast

1 year sub plan is here .. yikes

https://eu.shop.battle.net/en-gb/fam...ld-of-warcraft

Apparently a new 1 year plan that includes the murloc mount is out.

Am I being too negative if I'm too say that it's bait to lock people into a shitfest?

Also, as opposed to the other plans there is no other value in getting the 12 month over the 6 month.
    Last edited by kranur; 2022-11-01 at 05:54 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    There is though...

The current 6 month one gives you some wotlk stuff, and the nether-gorged manawyrm

The next 6 month one gives more wotlk stuff, and an unshown rabbit lunar festival mount

The 12 month plan gets you all of them, aswell as the stag beetle and giant murloc mount.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Meeh im not fussed. People who want these mounts and stuff, they will just wait until the sub mounts are on the store, and buy them at 50% sale. Thats what I do every year. Also Im rich in wow, due to goblin/AH, so I buy it all through token conversations anyway.

Now if a mount was only available through these 6-12 months sub plans and NO plans for it to be on the store...
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    There is though...

The current 6 month one gives you some wotlk stuff, and the nether-gorged manawyrm

The next 6 month one gives more wotlk stuff, and an unshown rabbit lunar festival mount

The 12 month plan gets you all of them, aswell as the stag beetle and giant murloc mount.
    I meant other than the mount bait.

Fuck yeah, inject the Swolloc straight into my fucking veins!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    I meant other than the mount bait.
    So there is no benefit, if you ignore the benefits... good to know?
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Eh.

It is a bit sudden, but at the same time if they manage to pull another extremely long first patch nonsense again, well in a year I'll know and reevaluate whether or not I want to continue. As it stands, can't say yet.

Gut feeling/concern is that they'll move the 6 month promotion mounts to a 1 year sub now instead. Which is... Kinda understandable, the 6 month sub already has the perk of being the cheapest monthly cost. 12 month isn't exactly knocking another dollar off of that.

Am I being too negative if I'm too say that it's bait to lock people into a shitfest?

Also, as opposed to the other plans there is no other value in getting the 12 month over the 6 month.
    They had a year subscription in the past. It was called the "Annual Pass".

I generaly don't see the problem with this. Shitton of players sub for 12 months anyways. Ive had a sub running for the last 15 or so years. Only thing i wish the did was giving the mounts to players after they paid their 12th single month sub or their second 6month etc. Should reward loyal players regardless, and not F them in the A just because of the way they paid

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    It was a one time thing. And you got free Diablo 3 with it and access to MOP beta.

Only problem I have here is a personal one which is that I was just billed for the 6-monther.

I'll just stay on that plan, since more than likely they'll come to the shop anyways. But are expansion pre-order mounts considered promotional, cause the Flamesaber and Tyrael's Charger are coming to mind...

Already riding my big murloc boi. Having really much fun in WoW lately and will play the next year anyway so…here we go.
    War within is boring and lazy - beat me to it.

I see nothing wrong with this. Don't want to save money? Pay month to month. But either way, don't cry about it. No one is FORCING you, to buy or pay for anything. You have your own free will. Who cares what other folks do with their money.

5+ Year Old Account
    I think you're being too cynical and negative about it. It is simply another payment plan option with one or two extra perks. If you think you'll play consistently enough for a year to justify it, get it. If not, choose another option. Personally, I go month to month because that fits my play time, which is on weekends occasionally.

Subbed for the year, now I can't login to both Classic and Retail

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    If I remember correctly the Annual Pass was still billed monthly, you were just bound to it for 12 months. This is a one time payment for 12 months. Not a major difference but still a difference.

Yikes, a full year subscription trap. I wonder if they just have so little confidence in people sticking around for longer in DF (urgh and classic I guess) or if their empty headed overlords demanded a sudden spike in revenue that they can't meet in any other way. Maybe Bobby needs a bunch of golden toilets on his newest yacht?
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Well WoW is cheaper this way for me, so it's a win.

Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    It was a one time thing. And you got free Diablo 3 with it and access to MOP beta.
    The annual pass already existed before that.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    There is though...

And on top of that you're also forced to subscribe to the game for a year no matter how hard it sucks