Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    https://eu.shop.battle.net/en-gb/fam...ld-of-warcraft

Apparently a new 1 year plan that includes the murloc mount is out.

Am I being too negative if I'm too say that it's bait to lock people into a shitfest?

Also, as opposed to the other plans there is no other value in getting the 12 month over the 6 month.
    If you don't like it don't buy it, Blizz isn't suddenly going to stop because someone made a post about it on mmo champion

It is not that big a deal. Everyone I know either pays wow through gold OR does a year sub which is cheaper in the long l run.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Then my rent, the food I bought, my car, the car rego, my internet fees, my mobile fees, my ..., my ..., my ... and my WoW sub will all go to waste.

Of all the things that could go wrong - WoW is the most likely thing I'll be able to do.
    You can stop paying rent. You can sell your car, put rego on hold, you pay your internet and mobile phone annually? Really? They bill you once a year?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    You can stop paying rent.
    Not for another 2 years I can't ... and that's 2 lots of 12 month sub a week I'll be paying for rent.

You can sell your car
    If I'm well enough to sell my car, I'm well enough to play WoW.

put rego on hold
    Not for another year I can't.

mobile phone annually?
    My mobile phone is something I buy once ever 2 or 3 years - that's going to go to waste too.

I hope you are starting to see how silly your idea was
    Last edited by schwarzkopf; 2022-11-02 at 05:02 AM.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Not for another 2 years I can't ... and that's 2 lots of 12 month sub a week I'll be paying for rent.

If I'm well enough to sell my car, I'm well enough to play WoW.

Not for another year I can't.

My mobile phone is something I buy once ever 2 or 3 years - that's going to go to waste too.

I hope you are starting to see how silly your idea was
    What do you mean you CANT stop paying rent? If you signed a fixed term tenancy, you absolutely can stop paying, just like anyone who loses their job, or any other reason. There are restrictions, and possible consequences etc, depending on the agreement, but they CAN be brought to an end. Im assuming you paid this all in advance? Otherwise its an absolutely terrible comparison.

Well enough? Who said anything about being "well enough"? I really hope you stretched before reaching that far, lol.

But if you sell the car, the rego goes with it......And yes, you absolutely can.

Your mobile phone is NOt "going to waste" - its a physical item, which you own, and can do with as you please, within the law/agreement.

Its baffling that someone would go to such extreme lengths to defend their frothing addiction to a video game.
    Last edited by arkanon; 2022-11-02 at 05:12 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

What do you mean you CANT stop paying rent?
    I have a 2 year lease for rent - that sort of means I can't stop paying rent. Pretty straight forward really

Who said anything about being "well enough"?
    Well, if I'm well enough then I'll be playing WoW - there is no question about that.

My apologies - I gave your argument more credit than it deserved.

Summary - there are LOTS of reasons NOT to take up the 12 month sub, but random life events is not a valid one.

The best reason not to take up 12 months sub is because you don't want to.

You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    What happens if something in your life changes, and you cannot play wow for 5-6 months of the year. Is it still free? Is it still a good deal?
    Given that you can play wow on a lab top what could reasonably cause such a change that you wouldn’t have any free time?
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Usernameforforums View Post
    That’s the contract. This one has no such thing. You have to buy 100% upfront at time of purchase right now for this current plan. With the annual pass, you had the option to still pay month to month OR 2x 6months. Hardly the same thing.
    YOu are completely missing what I am saying. The annual passwas not exclusive to that offer. The annual pass was in existence BEFORE that offer started What you are talking about is a special offer. The annual pass is a part of that speical offer. You purchase the annual pass, you get extra goodies as long as you do not unsub during the length of it. That doesn't change the fact that the annual pass itself is exactly the same as it always was. You are confusing the annual pass with a separate special offer that used the annual pass as it's base..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Imnotadentist View Post
    Where i do agree that theyre just trying to more or less bait people into a 12 month sub, that murloc mount is pretty lit.
    Although, I do not like their practice of putting effort into a mount held behind a massive paywall, while leaving a very buggy game.
    Agagin, the people who make the mount are not a part of the gave development team. Making those mounts takes NOTHING away from game development and fixing the bugs. People need to stop using this disingenuous, BS narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by Imnotadentist View Post
    Where i do agree that theyre just trying to more or less bait people into a 12 month sub, that murloc mount is pretty lit.
    Although, I do not like their practice of putting effort into a mount held behind a massive paywall, while leaving a very buggy game.
    Ah yeah becouse everyone knows its the art team that are in charge of troubleshooting and fixing bugs.

I wonder if there would be people buying 10 year sub...? 30 year sub...?
    Is there anyone who would pick 'pay 20k now and play for another 15 years + get 50 mounts, 30 pets and 20 toys'?
    Where is the border of players blindly believing 'i will be still playing in X years from now'?
    Last edited by Mendzia; 2022-11-02 at 07:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by El Gucaragua View Post
    Only problem I have here is a personal one which is that I was just billed for the 6-monther.

I'll just stay on that plan, since more than likely they'll come to the shop anyways. But are expansion pre-order mounts considered promotional, cause the Flamesaber and Tyrael's Charger are coming to mind...
    Flamesaber was not a pre-order mount. It was a cross promotion with Heroes of the Storm. NoR was Tyrael's Charger. Annual Pass was just a promotion to commit to a 1 year subscription during a content draught in between the release of Dragonsoul and MoP.

In fact, Dragonflight is the first expansion to actually feature a real pre-purchase reward beyond "early acess", and it's just a pet.

OT: The mounts are objectively the bonus for the 12 month plan, so you can't just say "there's no bonus if you ignore the mounts".
    Obviously there's no bonus if you ignore the bonus.

Annual Pass was a better value proposition than this though. I wouldn't mind a copy of Diablo 4 just for subscribing to WoW, something I was doing anyway.
    Last edited by Unlimited Power; 2022-11-02 at 07:35 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

10+ Year Old Account
    What happens if something in your life changes, and you cannot play wow for 5-6 months of the year. Is it still free? Is it still a good deal?
    Post #39 in this thread:
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    wanna point out if you ever go offline for more then 30 days in a row you can contact support and blizzard will pause your time till you next log in and refund that month.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

if someone wants to buy a 1 year plan, why would I care? It's their money

"Pleeeease come back"

Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    I wonder if there would be people buying 10 year sub...?
    I'd not buy a sub any longer than I would for anything else - for me that's two years.

A year is common for almost everything else in my life (rego/insurance = 1 year, rent = 2 years, phone hardware = 2 year investment) - so to sign up to something I'll be playing until I die for anything up to 2 years is fine by me.

I've played for all but 3 months of the last 18 years.

whats the point if dragon riding is the thing for the next 2 years?
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

Quote Originally Posted by tru View Post
    whats the point if dragon riding is the thing for the next 2 years?
    What's the point of going on holiday if airplanes are a thing
    What's the point of watching a movie if cinemas are a thing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    I wonder if there would be people buying 10 year sub...? 30 year sub...?
    Is there anyone who would pick 'pay 20k now and play for another 15 years + get 50 mounts, 30 pets and 20 toys'?
    Where is the border of players blindly believing 'i will be still playing in X years from now'?
    Over the years it has not happened all that often—and usually ends up being a bad deal for whoever takes it—but there have been such things as lifetime subscriptions. So there really is no border with respect to subscription based revenue models. Blizzard has never done this although you can find players suggesting it back in the day when the game was new. One game that did do this back in 2010 was Star Trek Online ($300). That type of deal is generally to be avoided but used to be useful to get games off the ground when they are new. It's a silly idea now because F2P is much better at generating revenue.

That said, a 12-month subscription isn't even unusual and is just another option among others for subscribing to the game.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd not buy a sub any longer than I would for anything else - for me that's two years.

A year is common for almost everything else in my life (rego/insurance = 1 year, rent = 2 years, phone hardware = 2 year investment) - so to sign up to something I'll be playing until I die for anything up to 2 years is fine by me.

I've played for all but 3 months of the last 18 years.
    Condolences.

Sunk cost fallacy is a bitch, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    I see nothing wrong with this. Don't want to save money? Pay month to month. But either way, don't cry about it. No one is FORCING you, to buy or pay for anything. You have your own free will. Who cares what other folks do with their money.
    First off no way of insulting you at all in this statement. Just want to say i find it hilarious how tell people not to cry over this but your profile picture is someone crying