Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by liyroot View Post
    What is the point of gear if you aren't raiding?

More stats lets you finish the world content faster so you can do what?
    Numbers go up. Valid reason for everyone, raiding or not. Numbers going up is one of the core principles of WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by T-34 View Post
    Wonder how they are going to implement it in the EU:

In Denmark, and I assume the rules are the same all over EU, you can maximum "shackle" people for 5 months and after that you have the right to cancel any subscription with 1 months notice. So in practice you can "shackle" people for no longer than 6 months.

Will that mean that you get your cosmetic fluff after 12 months of concurring subscription, no matter how you do it?
    No it means that the consumer can get a refund out of any contract longer than 5 months if they want. It doesn't mean they are illegal. In other countries a consumer would not have automatic rights to a refund.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

10+ Year Old Account
    The new mounts were pretty neat.

For those of us who plan to keep playing, it’s useful.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cantrip View Post
    I am sure that <insert generic recolored mount here> is worth one year of sub
    What mount part of the 6 or 12 month subscription is a generic recolored mount? At least put some effort into the criticisms.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Netflix doesn't offer a 1 year model because their service is too good to quit. Blizz knows they can get a few suckers who will quit playing after 20-30 hours.

To the people who DO play WoW all year, year after year, looks like Christmas came early for ya.

- - - Updated - - -

Lol I do work in marketing and no one tries 1 year subs because only no one would pay for something a year in advance. WoW demographic is perfect for Blizzards monitization strats. Pay $150+ upfront + $60+ for the box. So 200+ big boys for a mount. They then rationalize it by telling themselves they are saving money by spending $200 bucks. Beautiful.
    Says they work in marketing, and claims no one tries year subscriptions.

Also: Companies that offer Year (Annual) Subscriptions to their services:
    Disney+
    Playstation +
    GamePass
    Hulu
    Amazon Prime
    HBO Max
    Showtime

Bonus: MMOs that offer Yearly Subscriptions:
    Elderscrolls Online
    EVE
    Lord of the Rings Online

The only reason Netflix doesn't offer yearly subs, is due to their yearly sub hikes. By offering smaller subscription packages, they can ensure that no matter when you subscribe before their price hike, you'll end up paying extra by the end of the year, thus increasing their overall profit margin. It has nothing to do with "Netflix being too good to quit" (in fact, many would argue Netflix is probably amongst the weakest streaming services now for what value compared to cost), and everything to do with ensuring maximum profit, which yearly subscriptions are not particularly good for.

Amazing how you claim to work in marketing, and yet have literally no idea about how marketing works, or how many services do, in fact, offer up yearly subs.

You're right. I need to do more research. Thanks man

Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    https://eu.shop.battle.net/en-gb/fam...ld-of-warcraft

Apparently a new 1 year plan that includes the murloc mount is out.

Am I being too negative if I'm too say that it's bait to lock people into a shitfest?

Also, as opposed to the other plans there is no other value in getting the 12 month over the 6 month.
    If you don't like it, don't buy it.
    @thwart <- don't click this and learn his shame
    Newsflash: 2016 Thwart would hate 2019 Thwart! Definitely don't click this either!

We see you.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I am absolutely a jerk, a complete cunt. But I encourage you to rise above.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah. As there aren't thousand others already.

I am sure that <insert generic recolored mount here> is worth one year of sub, while it is not clear yet if WoW will go free to play after Dragonflight cannot adress many gamers for longer.
    Why is it people keep seeing this so wrong?

The mounts are a bonus, you pay for 10 months, AND then you get some 5+ mounts/items on top for free. The sheer fact that you get 2 months for free if you believe you are going to play for a year, already saving money on top of the free crap. And World of Warcraft is still able to compete nicely with its competitors, and unlike its competitors, its subscription model works fine.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Retail will most likely suffer some content drought it seems sadly normal in retail.... since classic wotlk is basically just retail i think it also will suffer from similar problems HC+ wont solve anything it will just make the problem worse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thundering View Post
    Retail will most likely suffer some content drought it seems sadly normal in retail.... since classic wotlk is basically just retail i think it also will suffer from similar problems HC+ wont solve anything it will just make the problem worse.
    Classic already suffer it because a lot of the things that fills the gap are already there, or waiting to be enabled. They've luckily just added 100 people to the WoW team and aim to make fate periods instead of a drought season (if fate comes out as popular enough).
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Lochton View Post
    Classic already suffer it because a lot of the things that fills the gap are already there, or waiting to be enabled. They've luckily just added 100 people to the WoW team and aim to make fate periods instead of a drought season (if fate comes out as popular enough).
    Problem is they dont seem to understand that running the same thing over and over is boring. I think Classic vanilla was better in this since the only pve content that got run over and over in the same way was raids.
    Since most dungeons took 1h+ to do you never grew as tired on them as you do with the current 15min runs.
    Also the world content both in professions and events in vanilla was great.
    And the old style av was much more fun.
    All of this created a good balance of different kind of content.

If blizzard was smart a mythic dungeon would be more similar to a classic dungeon where you can expect a slow pace, having to spend around 3h+ in the dungeon to do it all. Using everything you got to stop runners and the need of CC etc.
    Last edited by Thundering; 2022-11-07 at 08:26 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Problem is they dont seem to understand that running the same thing over and over is boring. I think Classic vanilla was better in this since the only pve content that got run over and over in the same way was raids.
    Since most dungeons took 1h+ to do you never grew as tired on them as you do with the current 15min runs.
    Well. Classic, the whole project, for me, is a museum, nothing more. People go to see the experience but they'll never experience it as it was. I don't mind people running on nostalgia. I'm just more in understanding with myself that I want to move forward, and see what can be made instead of hiding in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker1 View Post
    i liked the free game more vs just boring mounts o be honest.
    That is certainly a fair position. I liked the free game too.

- - - Updated - - -

If blizzard was smart a mythic dungeon would be more similar to a classic dungeon where you can expect a slow pace, having to spend around 3h+ in the dungeon to do it all. Using everything you got to stop runners and the need of CC etc.
    Have fun being all by yourself. That lidea lacks any understanding of today's player base. Nobody is going to take part in something like that. Raids are enough.

I was going to get the 1 year plan with my Bnet balance from getting the Physical DF CE, Turns out you can't use Bnet balance so rip.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Not sure how you figure that. Dungeons evolved to being shorter exactly because people got older and could not commit to such a long time for a mere dungeon. Even the long ones get broken into 2 exactly for this reason. Personally, I find even 43 min dungeons really pushing it, way too long.
    Since you can't design a game for everyone's preferences, you will choose what the majority prefers. Which is this.

15+ Year Old Account
    You can't make a slow pace. People are not gaming like they did back in the day and M+ is proof of this. Because it is designed to get harder and it still doesn't slow people down at the harder difficulties. You can't make people play slower if they don't want to and to force it mechanics wise just comes across as poor game play. It really is a different landscape between "Back then" and now. Classic is proof of this because the same content that took longer and was "harder" is easier for modern players.

This doesn't mean that Blizzard can't find ways of having interesting end-game without a speed run. I wish time-walking would be expanded to have a expansion up each week and essentially have anima powers from Torghast. Something to make the non-M+ content fun rather then boring.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Loveliest View Post
    Not sure how you figure that. Dungeons evolved to being shorter exactly because people got older and could not commit to such a long time for a mere dungeon. Even the long ones get broken into 2 exactly for this reason. Personally, I find even 43 min dungeons really pushing it, way too long.
    Since you can't design a game for everyone's preferences, you will choose what the majority prefers. Which is this.
    It wasn't even people getting older. Just what people preferred as the shorter instances were preferred in TBC. You could find a group for shadow labs but people preferred doing the shortest dungeons because of the time/reward ratio for badges and stuff. Blizzard just went with that and it has evolved over time based on how players consume the content.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

I moved to the country so yeah I'll use that $300. After I quit WoW my life became extremely great. A lot of people don't wanna hear it. I aint mad at you though. Y'all keep living your best life.
    It's very good you came to terms with your adiction. I'm sure there are others who would greatly benefit from it. I have a friend who is out of a job since covid and that is all he does and he knows it's bad, but he's aware it's his coping mechanism, not the cause for his situation.

Either way, people are different - in their interests, time planning, succeptibility, responsability. Maybe you can indeed help those like you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah. As there aren't thousand others already.

I am sure that <insert generic recolored mount here> is worth one year of sub, while it is not clear yet if WoW will go free to play after Dragonflight cannot adress many gamers for longer.
    There has never been a murloc mount in-game that I’ve ever heard of or seen, until now.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    There has never been a murloc mount in-game that I’ve ever heard of or seen, until now.
    It's just a reskinned gronnling though.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fwc577 View Post
    It's just a reskinned gronnling though.
    It uses the same skeleton but it’s not a reskin it has a completely new model.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.