Thread: Cyberpunk 2077

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    I'm trying a knife stealth build with sandevistan, because I'm usually more the netrunner/sniper type. So I deceided I want something completely different.
    It's fun, especially if you get a good version of the punkknife or that other toxin knife. A throw to the head is very often an instant kill.
    I know, sandevistan builds are on the rise since edgerunners, but I wanted a change since I did two runs as a netrunner.

Trying a new shotgun/crafting/cold blood build on another playthrough. Trying to be the closest thing the game has to a tank, I guess. So much quicker than all my sneak playthroughs. Always odd the game is the hardest it'll ever be at the very beginning, at the end game I'm always unkillable. Kinda peeved I couldn't use sandevistan with this build and had to settle for berserk, not nearly as much fun.

Also, if anyone else has beaten the game and is doing another playthrough is would HIGHLY recommend downloading the fast travel from everyone mod, as well as the noclipping mod and the mod that allows you to speed up the game to skip normally unskippable conversations. This playthrough has been SOOOO much more fun now that I'm able to bypass all that and just noclip from gig to gig or police scanner mission. Driving was such a busy work bore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im not a mod person. I never mod any games. I play them as theyre intended to be played by developers.
    Anyway, i want to try it with CP77, especially the immersive car driving mod.
    How hard is it to install this shit?
    Also anything else u would recommend modding?
    Scam Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    When you expect 1.7? I think second anniversary make most sense, not to mention it would give some extra spike for Christmas. But this time even big system changes may be not enough, they no longer have to convince people to try original product, ton of people already did after Edgerunners.

So I say if they have more new content than 3 short mission - release it this year, if 1.7 is just ground patch for expansion - release it short before or with DLC launch.

Quote Originally Posted by Proskill View Post
    Im not a mod person. I never mod any games. I play them as theyre intended to be played by developers.
    Anyway, i want to try it with CP77, especially the immersive car driving mod.
    How hard is it to install this shit?
    Also anything else u would recommend modding?
    Recommend using Nexus Mods with their Vortex mod installer (formerly NMM). You can do things manually too but this automates much of the process.

There are a ton of great mods since 1.6 -- i'm using about a dozen quality of life to major changes for my current playthrough. You can browse most popular mods there see what sounds beneficial without trivializing. Theres some youtube vids also of "best cyberpunk mods in 1.6" or such.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Razamith View Post
    Recommend using Nexus Mods with their Vortex mod installer (formerly NMM). You can do things manually too but this automates much of the process.

There are a ton of great mods since 1.6 -- i'm using about a dozen quality of life to major changes for my current playthrough. You can browse most popular mods there see what sounds beneficial without trivializing. Theres some youtube vids also of "best cyberpunk mods in 1.6" or such.
    THIS!
    Nexus Mods - with the Vortex Mod Installer.

Not just for Cyberpunk, I use it for other games too (its a must for SKYRIM as well IMO) - but its definitely the 'easiest' way I know to make mod searching and installing/uninstalling easy as the Vortex installer does it all for you from the Nexus Mod Site and 95% of the mods there are made to use the built in installer. So its literally "click install and let the program do it for you" (or click 'uninstall').

You can pick and choose from that site which mods you want, and can 'track' them all under your profile, as well so you don't have to go searching for what you want everytime. And if there's an update to your mod or changes, etc. the installer can tell you as does you saved 'tracking' page.
    Koriani - Guardians of Forever - BM Huntard on TB; Kharmic - Worgen Druid - TB
    Koriani - none - Dragon of Secret World
    Karmic - Moirae - SWTOR
    inactive: Frith-Rae - Horizons/Istaria; Koriani in multiple old MMOs. I been around a long time.

10+ Year Old Account
    what mods fixing vehicle handling do u use? im using immersive driving something, but i see 'better vehicle handling' mod has more downloads.

also is there any mod that prevents the camera from centering behind the vehicle when i stop using mouse? i want the camera to stay where i leave it at
    Scam Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

After watching Edgerunners I finally decided to get this game on the PS5. Really fucking liking it so far. I was never a huge sci fi fan, but always had a sweet spot for cyberpunk, and well, you know, it nails the aesthetic. Just at the start of act 2. Can't wait to see how it unfolds.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Proskill View Post
    what mods fixing vehicle handling do u use? im using immersive driving something, but i see 'better vehicle handling' mod has more downloads.

also is there any mod that prevents the camera from centering behind the vehicle when i stop using mouse? i want the camera to stay where i leave it at
    Sorry, been over a year since I played the game - I don't remember which driving mod I used.

For mods I usually go by "most downloaded" first (as they are the most popular), I check when they were last updated (as very old mods are more likely to not work with updated game) and then read the descriptions and the forum posts about those mods, specifically, to figure out which ones I want to use. And to see the ones that are more buggy or more problematic. The mod page's 'post' tab has the forum threads with the feedback from players, and that's the place to go with mod questions and/or to see 'which one is better or not.'

As to your second question - use nexus mod sites "search" feature to try and figure that out. I'd just search for all mods using the term "camera" and look through those to see if any of them do what it is you want to them to do.
    Karmic - Moirae - SWTOR
    inactive: Frith-Rae - Horizons/Istaria; Koriani in multiple old MMOs. I been around a long time.

Herald of the Titans Lotus Victoria's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    As someone that followed the disaster that was this game's launch, I have to ask: How is it nowadays?

I've always heard that it is a "good game, broken by bugs". How's the performance, are there still too many bugs, is the game "fixed" now?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lotus Victoria View Post
    As someone that followed the disaster that was this game's launch, I have to ask: How is it nowadays?

I've always heard that it is a "good game, broken by bugs". How's the performance, are there still too many bugs, is the game "fixed" now?
    I played it a few months back on PC. Ran great. Had a blast!
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Lotus Victoria View Post

Played through it recently in patch 1.6.
    It's good now.. stayed away because of the bugs and such during release but enjoyed it.

I would wait for 1.7 (I do for my next playthrough) that will be the last major patch and will solve some missing features. I think the cop system will be fixed in that patch. So if you are interested I would wait for that one. Which sounds like that would be the complete edition basically.

But it's certainly playable now and is a really good game.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Played through it recently in patch 1.6.
    It's good now.. stayed away because of the bugs and such during release but enjoyed it.

I would wait for 1.7 (I do for my next playthrough) that will be the last major patch and will solve some missing features. I think the cop system will be fixed in that patch. So if you are interested I would wait for that one. Which sounds like that would be the complete edition basically.

But it's certainly playable now and is a really good game.
    Oh that's interesting to see the next patch.
    What will be fixed in the cop system?

Quote Originally Posted by Allicie View Post
    Oh that's interesting to see the next patch.
    What will be fixed in the cop system?
    https://www.ginx.tv/en/cyberpunk-207...irmed-features

not much info at all on it except they gonna revamp it. And playing 1.6 the cop ssytem is barely there, You can get stars for doing bad things, but it's gone and I rarely see Cops do anything of value except world building by chasing other thugs.
    That's why I say "Fix it" because imo it's almost non-existent atm. It exists, but barely.

According to Amatangelo, the previous patch update laid "the groundwork for future stuff," including massive overhauls for various gameplay systems. One of these key overhauls is revamping the Cop System alongside vehicle-to-vehicle combat, which should give layers "a whole new feel and dimension and immersion to the city."

In addition to overhauls to the cop system and vehicle-to-vehicle combat, Amatangelo also mentioned changes to MaxTac which should accompany the Cop System overhaul.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

We now have an official release date for Phantom Liberty - 26.09.2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=reABCMNGM3w
    unclench your jaw

Quote Originally Posted by UndedoKoleda View Post

I will definitely get it and play it, even though I found the trailer a bit underwhelming. But apparently many changes are coming with the DLC, including a complete revamp of the talent system so there is at least that to look forward to (and obviously, a story that is expected to be great)

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I will get it and play it when its on sale and under 10 dollars.

I will no longer pay AAA costs to support companies who can't launch it anywhere CLOSE to right the first time.

They should be giving a discount to this DLC to anyone who bought the mess at full price, but since they aren't, I'll wait for my own discount.
    Karmic - Moirae - SWTOR

Quote Originally Posted by UndedoKoleda View Post

I want it now. Q_Q

Catching up. Super excited to play this Xpack.

I really like that they confirmed a lot of the improvements will be included for the base game (current gen and PC only, sadly) for free. Because watching the gamescom trailer like...yeah, that finally looked like the CP2077 they were initially showing off in trailers years before it launched...years ago, lol.

I'm still hoping that it'll go on sale for more than 50% off at some point, heh. I'm a cheapo, bought enough full priced games in the past few months.