Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    $900
    In the words of the great Ebonhorn....."No, I wont be doing that"

1100€ on the EU store.

I would hardly pay 110€ for this thing.

maybe and thats a BIG maybe if it was 1:1 sized then id pay that much, but not for a smurf sized, no no

Quote Originally Posted by Celement View Post
    That is my big issue with it as well... the base is serviceable but it's just solid color for the rest even the hair...
    The only selling point seems to be "IT'S BIG."

Because nothing else about it seems extraordinary. In fact, it otherwise seems pretty sub-par, really. There are 200 dollar statues that are better sculpted, more dynamic and far, far better painted than that. This thing is like 4-5 times the price it should be. I guess that's Blizzard tax for you.

I'm gonna need a bigger jar
    The greater the light, the darker the shadow. And this light casts a shadow over all I see - the Prophet Velen, when asked what's next for Blizzard

Quote Originally Posted by Nalam the Venom View Post
    Bigger cleavage than i’d though they’d do honestly, Thought they would go further with the ”All Women must be covered up” agenda.

Still i would like them bigger if i were to put money towards something like this.
    I really dont get it, why did they make her boobs smaller? Boobs evil now??

Quote Originally Posted by panda040 View Post
    I really dont get it, why did they make her boobs smaller? Boobs evil now??
    Sometimes your employees steal breastmilk and then you need to get rid of as much boob in your entertainment product as possible to prove that you would never do anything so uncouth and show that you've turned over a new leaf. Or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    The only selling point seems to be "IT'S BIG."

Because nothing else about it seems extraordinary. In fact, it otherwise seems pretty sub-par, really. There are 200 dollar statues that are better sculpted, more dynamic and far, far better painted than that. This thing is like 4-5 times the price it should be. I guess that's Blizzard tax for you.
    Please give me one example of "better sculpted, more dynamic and far, far better painted" statue of the same scale and available for 200$. I am waiting. Sadly, 1000$ price mark is pretty standard these days for comparable pieces. That includes various Chinese producers selling such stuff on Ebay.

7+ Year Old Account
    i wonder if they could also add measuring units that the rest of the world understands
    for you people that arent from that place its : 52,07cm x 27,94cm x 16,0655cm

Quote Originally Posted by Awe View Post
    Please give me one example of "better sculpted, more dynamic and far, far better painted" statue of the same scale and available for 200$. I am waiting. Sadly, 1000$ price mark is pretty standard these days for comparable pieces. That includes various Chinese producers selling such stuff on Ebay.
    I didn't say same scale. I said better painted and better sculpted. That's why my whole point above it was "the only selling point seems to be 'IT'S BIG'." And that in itself doesn't warrant that price.

Nevertheless, do you think the sculpt is good? Dynamic? That the paint (in special promotional pictures, to boot) looks worth that price?

I didn't say same scale. I said better painted and better sculpted. That's why my whole point above it was "the only selling point seems to be 'IT'S BIG'." And that in itself doesn't warrant that price.

Nevertheless, do you think the sculpt is good? Dynamic? That the paint (in special promotional pictures, to boot) looks worth that price?
    In case of statues scale is everything. Comparing the price with statues twice smaller is simply not fair as they are in two completely different price ranges. As for the quality of this sculpt I will not go into debate as I think it is a matter of personal taste. For me it looks pretty decent, unlike Jaina's statue for example.

I loved this character, almost as much as I do Jaina. Always have, saw this and was interested, then I saw the price and said, NOOOOOOOPPPPE. I have the Jaina statue, and I love it, $900, I knew someone was off their rocker at this price.

For those saying that the 900$ is way overpriced, then you have been keeping up with the statue industry.

For example: https://queenstudios.shop/

In case of statues scale is everything.
    Tragic. Seems like an infant's definition of value.
    Comparing the price with statues twice smaller is simply not fair as they are in two completely different price ranges. As for the quality of this sculpt I will not go into debate as I think it is a matter of personal taste. For me it looks pretty decent, unlike Jaina's statue for example.
    I think it looks stiff, not very inspiring and, in terms of paint, smudgy and caked.

I would be happy to drop a list of statues I came across in the past few years by sheer happenstance that all look far better, but I'm not a statue person.

But here's just one I came across a month or so ago while randomly browsing YouTube. Not a fan of Naruto, so it's not my thing, but disregarding my personal interest in one IP or the other, the value of this far exceeds that of Alexstrasza in my opinion.

~$554 (minus shipping)

Length 15,7 inches, Width 15,7 inches, Height 19,7 inches. Broken up into smaller elements, yes, but a similar size all put together. Comes with effects bits, light up features, even sound. And the characters (or rather, character, I guess, lol) are actually doing something.

The rub here is that this is from an unlicensed studio. But then, this is Blizzard's own license with the Alexstrasza statue, so that kind of nullifies the notion of licensing costs as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    For those saying that the 900$ is way overpriced, then you have been keeping up with the statue industry.

A cursory glance at just the "Last Chance" section and...

Most of them seem cheaper, higher quality/better painted or larger scale for less than 900, though. The only one I see that exceeds that is an 1/1 Joker statue (with vastly superior, life-like paint quality, if the promotional images are even remotely an indication of the final product) and a 27in by 27in by 40in statue of two highly detailed Bayformers fighting. If those are official products, they also have licensing fees attached to them.
    Last edited by Yarathir; 2022-11-16 at 04:29 PM.

It looks slightly better than a custom-made thing with a decent 3D-printer. Zoom in and you will see rough edges and grainy surfaces everywhere. Some details are mediocre at best (the eyelashes are horrible). I am surprised it costs so much, to be honest.

Wow, it looks amazing. Grats for those of you buying it.

A cursory glance at just the "Last Chance" section and...

Most of them seem cheaper, higher quality/better painted or larger scale for less than 900, though. The only one I see that exceeds that is an 1/1 Joker statue (with vastly superior, life-like paint quality, if the promotional images are even remotely an indication of the final product) and a 27in by 27in by 40in statue of two highly detailed Bayformers fighting. If those are official products, they also have licensing fees attached to them.
    Agreed, more than likely that there are higher quality statues for less than 900$. I was just throwing that site out there to show that statues ain't cheap. That doesn't mean that there isn't price gouging or over-inflated prices. And that Blizzard isn't trying to make more money than the thing is actually worth. But to say that a statue that size and hand painted is only worth 200$ is pushing it.

Quality is also hard to judge from an image.
    "The customer is always right" is a nice way of saying "I will put up with your bullshit as long as you pay me"

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account

Call it art and people come up with even more absurb prices, its what a fool wants to give for it.

But no probably no one here but a select few, know or are even remotely interested in statue prices.

This one is 3d printed probably. Maybe handpainted.. but thats it. 1200 is way to much, but thats blizz.

Can go right on SideShow and look at statues in the $800-1100 range. This statue falls right in line there. Most of you are shocked because you're not aware of the statue market prices and what statue collectors are willing to pay. It always seems like its the Blizzard crowd that complains about prices.

Heres some 900-1300$ statues for you all to complain about too.
    sideshow com/collectibles/the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-cirilla-fiona-elen-riannon-alternative-outfit-prime-1-studio-911713?var=911713
    sideshow com/collectibles/devil-may-cry-vergil-manufacturer-908691
    sideshow com/collectibles/vampirella-vampirella-pcs-909028
    sideshow com/collectibles/marvel-vision-iron-studios-909699
    sideshow com/collectibles/marvel-scarlet-witch-iron-studios-909698
    sideshow com/collectibles/dc-comics-the-dawnbreaker-prime-1-studio-907999?var=9079991
    Last edited by Azuriel33; 2022-11-16 at 05:26 PM.

Agreed, more than likely that there are higher quality statues for less than 900$. I was just throwing that site out there to show that statues ain't cheap. That doesn't mean that there isn't price gouging or over-inflated prices. And that Blizzard isn't trying to make more money than the thing is actually worth. But to say that a statue that size and hand painted is only worth 200$ is pushing it.

Quality is also hard to judge from an image.
    Oh no, statues definitely ain't cheap. But I find it funny that you linked that, and it actually sells a 1/2 statue of Aquaman for around the same price.