Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    win every conflict, kill horde leaders, then all ok as usual
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by Coolface330 View Post
    That's why I said, WoW should have an expansion or patch that just updates all their fuckin' cities. Literally in the dust for 15+ years. Give the Gnomes a city, the Trolls, give the Wolves back their city. Make it nice and pretty. It's a video game, for fuck's sake.
    That would cost money.

Seriously thou, they literally have no time to work on anything that doesn't move the bottom line. The core dev team is already balls deep in expansion number 20 or w/e.
    Last edited by liyroot; 2022-11-18 at 02:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by liyroot View Post
    That would cost money.

Seriously thou, they literally have no time to work on anything that doesn't move the bottom line. The core deep is already balls deep in expansion number 20 or w/e.
    Let's face it 50% or more of each expansion is forgotten.

What difference would there be instead of making "generic magical forest that the community will forget" to make the new capital Kaldorei.
    Instead of making "Place with undead that are not Forsoek and that the community will forget" Make the new capital Forsaken.

You could have an expansion sitting in two capitals or four and just put some generic plot enemy... like the enemies of this expansion and SL

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Lordaeron City, as in the aboveground area. The Undercity itself is still plagued I think (not sure if you can enter though).
    I hope they can get to rebuild the aboveground area and perhaps evolve Forsaken architecture to both include the Wrath-era buildings of Vengeance Landing and later Brill but tied in with a Lordaeron style itself (which doesn't actually exist to be fair).
    So we didn't get our capital back

Quote Originally Posted by geco View Post
    Let's face it 50% or more of each expansion is forgotten.

What difference would there be instead of making "generic magical forest that the community will forget" to make the new capital Kaldorei.
    Instead of making "Place with undead that are not Forsoek and that the community will forget" Make the new capital Forsaken.

You could have an expansion sitting in two capitals or four and just put some generic plot enemy... like the enemies of this expansion and SL
    You're preaching to the choir here man. I personally hate the throw away sandbox expansions they use to monitize the game.
    If I was in charge, the whole game would be about leveling and exploring the world with people, and not about shoving every single player into the same raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Based on Calia's missive to Genn Greymane, she's working on having the Forsaken formally withdraw from Gilneas and returning it to the Alliance. As for Darnassus, it's presumed Tyrande and the infused seed she was given at the end of Shadowlands will be the likely genesis of a new Night Elven capital of some kind.
    Well, since Blizzard is still currently pretending that Calia totally isn't Sylvanas' replacement, she's just one member of the new Desolate Council. And while the curse of Blanduinism runs rampant through the Horde right now, the Forsaken had still not fully succumbed to it (though Calia's existence will only hasten the progress of that rot) and by Calia's own admission to Genn she was yet to even propose it to the rest of the Council. So it'd be more accurate to say she only plans to work on that. Then again that was before the time skip.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

You're preaching to the choir here man. I personally hate the throw away sandbox expansions they use to monitize the game.
    If I was in charge, the whole game would be about leveling and exploring the world with people, and not about shoving every single player into the same raid.
    I don't see the problem between your idea and mine?
    I want to explore how the Horde and Alliance races go about their lives.

Instead of going to generic island number 6 by force.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Well, since Blizzard is still currently pretending that Calia totally isn't Sylvanas' replacement, she's just one member of the new Desolate Council. And while the curse of Blanduinism runs rampant through the Horde right now, the Forsaken had still not fully succumbed to it (though Calia's existence will only hasten the progress of that rot) .
    +1000

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Being that the Horde has been since pandaria "abandoning the Kaldorei lands". We can be sure that Guilness is not going to be returned anytime soon.
    Difficult to say given the nature of in-game time discrepancies and focus, but there is at least an acknowledgment that the situation is being worked on, which is a minor improvement of the status quo since Cata.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

I don't see the problem between your idea and mine?
    I want to explore how the Horde and Alliance races go about their lives.

Instead of going to generic island number 6 by force.

+1000
    Preaching to the choir means I 100% agree with you.

Preaching to the choir means I 100% agree with you.
    I take note for my English final in a few weeks

Meh, there were always too many cities and people never went to any of the ones that weren't the current common gathering place, even after the AH got merged. Give us one big NEW city per expansion and we're good. And if you want old Darnassus, it's right there; talk to Zidormi.

Valdrakken is pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    It would be incredibly awesome if Gilneas becomes an Alliance city and Genn dedicates a section of the city, or the outskirts of the city, for the night elves to live in, like the NE did for the gilneans when their city was plagued and taken by the Forsaken.

However, the fact the city is an actual battleground for PvP makes this idea incredibly unlikely, IMO.
    I don't think the actual battleground is the barrier for that. It's a gameplay feature, which could be disabled. Strand of Ancients battleground was removed for instance.

Also, after Siege of Orgrimmar, all Horde presence was officialy removed from Ashenvale, yet Warsong Gulch battleground still existed.

Quote Originally Posted by Loreth88 View Post
    Yes, but the camp is not a village, not a town and not a city.
    Actually in lore camp taujaro is pretty big. About city size.

I take note for my English final in a few weeks
    Good luck man. You'll pass it.

5 years have passed and they still haven't planted it. For what reason? Are they too busy fighting the Horde?

Or most likely. Blizzard is looking for the reason to take the seed from the Kaldorei.

Nor was it expended to remove the Refugees from Stormwind. They have been living on the street for 5 years
    Or it is a huge art asset undertaking and they wanted to wait until they grew their team. Coding is fast, art design is what takes the months to finish.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    Or it is a huge art asset undertaking and they wanted to wait until they grew their team. Coding is fast, art design is what takes the months to finish.
    Yup.

And more than that, they likely want to make it a big event, possibly part of a significant storyline - the Aspects might well be involved with regrowing it. That's what's really silly here. People are demanding a city they barely ever visited, and left in a hurry be urgently brought back, and they're acting like Blizzard are obviously going to leave it alone forever. They obviously won't - they've put in a lot of plot elements relating to regrowing it, but a lot of WoW backburner plots/long-foreshadowed plots take multiple expansions before they actually go into action.

I feel confident that either very late in this expansion or sometime in the next we'll see either Darnassus regrown, or another similar tree-city grown in its place, but it'll be one which will actually factor in to what WoW is doing at the time, not a pointless city for people to very rarely and briefly visit.
    "A youtuber said so."

"... some wow experts being interviewed..."

"According to researchers from Wowhead..."

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Strathholm was a city, theramore was a city, taunjaro was at beast a small town and almost certainly the smallest settlement ever destroyed it wasn’t close to being a city.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    Yup.

And more than that, they likely want to make it a big event, possibly part of a significant storyline - the Aspects might well be involved with regrowing it. That's what's really silly here. People are demanding a city they barely ever visited, and left in a hurry be urgently brought back, and they're acting like Blizzard are obviously going to leave it alone forever. They obviously won't - they've put in a lot of plot elements relating to regrowing it, but a lot of WoW backburner plots/long-foreshadowed plots take multiple expansions before they actually go into action.

I feel confident that either very late in this expansion or sometime in the next we'll see either Darnassus regrown, or another similar tree-city grown in its place, but it'll be one which will actually factor in to what WoW is doing at the time, not a pointless city for people to very rarely and briefly visit.
    The thing is, the longer it takes, the more disappointing it will be.
    And if it's the plot to bring the Horde in, it's going to have to go which will make it even worse for the Kaldorei.

PS: They also included a lot of "revenge" elements and still didn't result in any revenge. Why should renovation be any different? They put much less effort into renovation than revenge and it was much less well received by the community.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I think you're referring to its description from Lands of Mystery, the non-canon RPG sourcebook. Both in-game and in canon lore, Camp Taurajo is just a minor outpost - it provided basic services for trappers and hunters, and served as a makeshift defense against the quillboar who would sometimes attack from the Southern Barrens. It would be only a fraction of the size of the Crossroads, the largest Horde settlement in the Barrens, which is itself relatively small for a bustling trade hub.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    The thing is, the longer it takes, the more disappointing it will be.
    And if it's the plot to bring the Horde in, it's going to have to go which will make it even worse for the Kaldorei.

PS: They also included a lot of "revenge" elements and still didn't result in any revenge. Why should renovation be any different? They put much less effort into renovation than revenge and it was much less well received by the community.
    I mean, sorry but this seems like a terrible and unreasonable attitude, and that you could never, ever, ever be happy with what they did. It seems like, based on what you're saying here, nothing would satisfy you or make you happy, you'd just be more or less disappointed.

Frankly, that means you're not the target audience and Blizzard should absolutely NOT listen to anyone who is only ever going to be disappointed.

If that's not right, let me know, but that's what it sounds like.
    "A youtuber said so."

"... some wow experts being interviewed..."

"According to researchers from Wowhead..."