do the heroes have personalities in Dragonflight?

do the heroes haev personalities in Dragonflight?

lets compare to ... Rick and Morty

Rick - intelligent, jaded, but at the heart of his being, he still cares
    Morty - wimpy at first blush but bold as hell deep down.
    Summer - insecure, jealous
    Beth - intelligent, ambitious, but also will sacrifice all of that just to be loved.
    Jerry - super insecure, petty, inept, dumb, but loves Beth.

what do we have for the heroes in Dragonflight as written by Danuser?

Alexstrasza - stoic, boring, contemplative
    Kalecgos - stoic, boring, contemplative
    Wrathion - used to be interesting when he was younger, but now danuser is writing him as stoic, boring, contemplative
    Nozdormu - stoic, boring, contemplative
    Khadgar - stoic, boring, contemplative
    Turalyon - stoic, boring, contemplative

This writing is so bad. NONE of the heroes have personalities at this point. Danuser needs to be fired.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Only if you go with him then deal.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Alexstrasza is caring/compassionate to a fault.

Kalecgos is worried about things before his time.

Wrathion is trying to prove his worth and live up to his father's orginal role while also trying to come off better then his brother.

Nozdormu is a doomer waiting to die or turn infinate.

Khadgar is well khadgar hell be making jokes and keeping things upbeat.

they all have very clear personality's that differ from each other
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post

Wrathion is trying to prove his worth and live up to his father's orginal role while also trying to come off better then his brother.

Khadgar jokes are the best... I still remember him asking for a very specific number of crystals... no more or less:
    "Don't look at me like that. I'm a mage. I did the math. I need exactly 4986 crystals. 4985 is inadequate. 4987 is of course absurd."

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    stoic, contemplative
    Are these inherently bad personality traits for a character?

Today on wow's entire lore is based on outside materials cause half the events that would give them personalities doesn't translate well to a video game

From the new cinematic videos I've seen, I like the writing for the Aspects and Kalecgos and Wrathion so far. Dialogue isn't vomit-inducing. It's the overarching story they usually ruin, and the first major villain they're facing is underdeveloped as shit and looks worse to boot.

Literally the only one that's stoic in their list even is Turaylon. Noz comes close but I still wouldn't say stoic about him.

So there's really only one way to respond to this thread.

Do the heroes have personalities in Dragonflight?

Yes.

10+ Year Old Account
    do the heroes haev personalities in Dragonflight?

Rick - intelligent, jaded, but at the heart of his being, he still cares
    Morty - wimpy at first blush but bold as hell deep down.
    Summer - insecure, jealous
    Beth - intelligent, ambitious, but also will sacrifice all of that just to be loved.
    Jerry - super insecure, petty, inept, dumb, but loves Beth.

what do we have for the heroes in Dragonflight as written by Danuser?

Wrathion - used to be interesting when he was younger, but now danuser is writing him as stoic, boring, contemplative

This writing is so bad. NONE of the heroes have personalities at this point. Danuser needs to be fired.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Literally the only one that's stoic in their list even is Turaylon. Noz comes close but I still wouldn't say stoic about him.

So there's really only one way to respond to this thread.

Do the heroes have personalities in Dragonflight?

Yes.
    Tripple quote because I feel OP needs to see the two others more clearly, as well, the most stoic is Turalyon indeed. Lorgar made a very good list.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I would never use a trashy American cartoon as a standard for storytelling. Read good books like Narnia or Lord of the Rings.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    Are these inherently bad personality traits for a character?
    Also this. Stoicism and reflection are good. Enough of this juvenile quipping and sarcasm that plagues modern entertainment.

I think Alex is the only really boring one.

Wrathion is NOT stoic, he's arrogant and cocky. When Ebyssian shows up he's also blindsided and has to fight for his title to the Black Flight, which is interesting.

Nozdormu WAS stoic, but now that he knows he's approaching his turn to Murozond and his time visions are failing (likely because he can't see beyond his turning point) he's getting scared and worried. He probably will have the most interesting arc.

Kalecgos is insecure and brooding for good reasons because the Blues historically keep getting fucked over. He should come into his own this expac.

No comment on Ysera and Merithra as their stuff is mostly encrypted. Merithra seemed more interesting on the Beta questlines at least.

Alex... is nice, and that's mostly it. She has a horribly sad and messy backstory but her personality is incredibly boring. She's the "good one" even in Wrath.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    This is such a surface read that I would have to consider it a parody for its own sake as opposed to an actual takeaway of the characters themselves, all of whom have different personalities and nuances to their characterization.

Alexstrasza - maternal, loving, roughened by trauma yet still possessing an intrinsic desire to believe in others.
    Kalecgos - unsure, unsteady, ambitious, and yet not confident about his place among his peers.
    Wrathion - gives the impression of arrogance and flippancy, yet deep down cares both deeply about the world and his role in its protection.
    Nozdormu - haunted, introspective, and often aloof; possesses secret knowledge no one else can hope to understand, perhaps including himself.
    Khadgar - a happy-go-lucky attitude masking a deep and abiding weariness as well as a profound sense of survivor's guilt
    Turalyon - grizzled and forged by conflict, yet still retaining the intrinsic faith and optimism that drove him in his younger days

Almost none of these characters are either stoic or contemplative, save for perhaps Nozdormu, they run the gamut of personality types, goals, and outward traits.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

No incest in WoW.

As opposed to every season of R&M.