Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Hopefully it's Bard, like this should have been. Forking sheet Dragon Mage!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Hopefully it's Bard, like this should have been. Forking sheet Dragon Mage!
    You honestly think players would prefer a Bard over Dragon mages?

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    You honestly think players would prefer a Bard over Dragon mages?
    Why not? Why would anyone want another type of mage?

Dragonsworn have been one of the highest requested classes for yonks. Only Necromancer and Tinker got more push behind 'em. And, well, Evokers are just Dragonsworn when you get down to it

Bards don't really have much of a Warcraft push as much as I kind of love my own self-imposed idea of them being a clothie who could wield a 2 hander axe (because of course a bard is going to use an axe)

I don’t see that ever happening.
    No one really thought they'd go back to the classic talent trees either.

At some point if they want to add more classes, they'll have to retool the entire system to fit all the classes we have now without piecemeal additions complicating everything. Otherwise it will probably be more 2 or even 1 spec classes moving forward sadly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why not? Why would anyone want another type of mage?
    Because it’s a caster tied to Warcraft dragons and it’s draconic hero characters. Alexstraza, Wrathion, and Deathwing are among WC’s most beloved characters. A class based on them and their magic is a no-brainer.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    No one really thought they'd go back to the classic talent trees either.
    Going back to classic talent trees and abolishing specs are two very different things. Especially when there are players who want each class to get more specs than they currently have.

Because it’s a caster tied to Warcraft dragons and it’s draconic hero characters. Alexstraza, Wrathion, and Deathwing are among WC’s most beloved characters. A class based on them and their magic is a no-brainer.
    Beloved characters? Alextrasza? Ok, sure, I'll give you that one, major waifu.

Wrathion? Say what? I'm sure given your avatar, there is no bias there.

Deathwing? Not after Cataclysm.

Lore is important, but dynamically, it's not an innovative class and just a different spin on mage.

Lore is important, but dynamically, it's not an innovative class and just a different spin on mage.
    "Be a dragon and fight like one" sells a ton better than "Play music"

Excusing the fact you haven't described how bard would be innovative

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Tinker needs at least 3.
    By that same token, wouldn't you say, prior to DF, that a class based on all five dragonflights would need "at least three specs" as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    After a 2 sec "tinker noun" google search, I don't know what you're talking about.
    Nah..you need to google Tinkerer.

It's a lame joke though, as the verb "tinker" exists, but ofc aso the noun.

"Tinker or tinkerer is an archaic term for an itinerant tinsmith who mends household utensils. " - wikipedia

But calling the class Tinkerer will just get Marvel on the plan and Marvel fans angry, as it is also a Marvel character

---------------------------------------------------

By the nature of Demon Hunters, did anyone exxpect a third specc?

About evokers I don't know anything. Are there in the WoW lore pre-Dragonflight?

That said...it felt as if Blizzard 2004 went out of their way too give every class three speccs. IMHO that works for Paladins. But do Rogues need three speccs? And if it works by themes like mages, shouldn't they be pure specs? No frost spells for fire mages?

So it depends on the next class...but let's not get ahead of us. Next Hero Class will come in 4 years, until we will have hundreds of thread why Tinkers will be the next Hero class

Isn’t a hero class or only has 2 specs.

While I like the Evoker, I feel that it’s limited leveling space and it’s lack of spec options really hurt it in terms of depth. Hopefully the next class will be a base class like Monks, and like Monks be a three spec class that performs all roles (tank/healing/DPS).
    Def agree. Especially with Evoker I think the lack of resources/bad design philosophy is even more under a magnifying glass.

At least with Demon hunter you can sort of see why its hard to squeeze out a third spec, what would it be? Another tank, another dps, it cant be a healer? All it would do is dilute the other 2 specs.

But this class is supposed to be a dragon class, and dragons are some of the most varied species in the WoW universe, they are related to life magic, time, frost, fire, nature etc etc etc.

Theres no way they couldnt have thought of a 2nd dps class or better imo, a tank spec.

I don't see Blizzard making classes with more than 2 specs in the future. We were spoiled with 4 specs for Druids, but it's been downhill since then.

At the current rate, the next class will release in 5-6 years, so no need to worry ourselves about that yet.

Besides, like every class before it, it'll likely be something thematic to the expansion it's released in.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

10+ Year Old Account
    Beloved characters? Alextrasza? Ok, sure, I'll give you that one, major waifu.

Wrathion? Say what? I'm sure given your avatar, there is no bias there.

Deathwing? Not after Cataclysm.

I'm pretty sure Wrathion is the 4th or 5th most popular character in WoW.

That said, I would say the dragon theme definitely gives the class a different vibe than the mage class.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo94 View Post
    Def agree. Especially with Evoker I think the lack of resources/bad design philosophy is even more under a magnifying glass.

At least with Demon hunter you can sort of see why its hard to squeeze out a third spec, what would it be? Another tank, another dps, it cant be a healer? All it would do is dilute the other 2 specs.

But this class is supposed to be a dragon class, and dragons are some of the most varied species in the WoW universe, they are related to life magic, time, frost, fire, nature etc etc etc.

Theres no way they couldnt have thought of a 2nd dps class or better imo, a tank spec.
    Yeah, I think the issue is that a 2nd DPS spec wouldn't be much different than the Devestation spec, unless you made it melee, and Ion said they had a glut of melee DPS as is. As for a tank spec, Evokers being ranged and mobile doesn't work all that well for tanking it seems.

If we're ever going to get a 3 spec class again, it'd have to have innate trinity role themes from jump. Tinker/Mechanic definitely falls in line with this since tanking, ranged DPS, and healing concepts are pretty obvious.

Id like third specs for DH and Evoker first.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TidalConflux View Post
    Id like third specs for DH and Evoker first.
    Yeah, the only way that happens is coming up with a healing spec for DHs and a tank spec for Evokers.

Not likely. Again, hopefully the next class is a standard WoW class that starts at level 1 and gives us three specs.

Evokers do not have a third spec because they rushed the development of DF so it can be released this year. You have blue and red for dps, green and gold/yellow for healing and black is underrepresented. I hope they can get their tank spec next expansion. Also dh range spec should be in game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sider View Post
    Evokers do not have a third spec because they rushed the development of DF so it can be released this year. You have blue and red for dps, green and gold/yellow for healing and black is underrepresented. I hope they can get their tank spec next expansion. Also dh range spec should be in game.
    How would you make a black spec different than Devastation or Elemental Shaman?

How would you make a black spec different than Devastation or Elemental Shaman?
    Black should be the evoker tank spec

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Isn’t a hero class or only has 2 specs.

While I like the Evoker, I feel that it’s limited leveling space and it’s lack of spec options really hurt it in terms of depth. Hopefully the next class will be a base class like Monks, and like Monks be a three spec class that performs all roles (tank/healing/DPS).
    Unlikely. If you pay attention to the trend, it is one of laziness on Blizz's part.

Death Knight released at 2nd expansion - 3 specs, each originally capable of tanking or mdps, later changed to 1 tank and 2 mdps spec. Before release, as a hero class, was supposed to be more difficult to manage (hence the reason for hero class), but dumbed down to be more easily managed like any other class. "Hero class" got relabeled to mean starting at elevated level. Enhanced leveling experience in their own zone for 6 or 8 levels.

Monk released at 4th expansion - 3 specs representing each type (tank, healer, mdps), non-heroic (simply means started at level 1). Also corresponded to release of a single new race (previously Blizz added 2 races, one for each faction). Full leveling experience in their own dedicated zone for the first 10 levels.

Demon Hunter released at 6th expansion - 2 classes (mdps and tank). Considered hero class solely because starting at elevated level. Enhanced leveling experience in their own zone for 4 or 6 levels.

Evoker released at 9th expansion - 2 classes (rdps and healer). Considered hero class solely because starting at elevated level. Leveling experience in their own zone for only 2 levels.

Note with Evoker that we had to wait an additional expansion and that new "races" have been allied races (aka reskins) since MoP (4th exp) until DL (9th exp) when full races (1 for each faction, each with their own full new starting zones for 10 to 20 levels) were added with the 1st and 3rd expansion. Evoker being tied to a new race as a hero class plays more like a slightly enhanced allied race than a true new race with a full beginning level experience.