Thread: 2022 Midterms

Quote Originally Posted by CastletonSnob View Post
    Republicans lost the midterms more than Democrats won them. Without Roe v. Wade, Republicans would have handily taken both chambers of Congress.
    Agreed, the Republican's know they are losing the Demographics and are lost in the coming future and trying to solidify what they can before they go as much as they can as a giant middle finger to the nation and it's children on their way out the door. But their actions is causing that time to come even quicker.

Many voters don't vote just once, once they start, many tend to keep voting in the future, especially when they know their issue is perpetually on the ballot every time till it is codified into law.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by CastletonSnob View Post
    Republicans lost the midterms more than Democrats won them. Without Roe v. Wade, Republicans would have handily taken both chambers of Congress.
    Yeah...and? You say this as if opposition to reproductive rights hasn't been a major pole in the GOP tent for decades. It was only a matter of time before someone in their party came along who was stupid enough to actually act on it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yet another poll says Trump lost the election in which he wasn't even running.

Voters and Republican operatives alike are labeling former President Trump the biggest loser of the midterms, raising questions about his strength heading into 2024.

In a Harvard CAPS/Harris poll released exclusively to The Hill on Monday, 20 percent of voters said Trump was the clear loser after the Nov. 8 election, while 14 percent said MAGA Republicans were and 12 percent pointed to mainstream Republicans. Additionally, 15 percent said Democrats were the biggest losers, while 23 percent said they were unsure or didn’t know.

“Trump emerges from the election a far weaker candidate for reelection than before the midterms,” said Mark Penn, the co-director of the Harvard CAPS/Harris poll. “He remains under water in his personal rating of 44 percent, is seen as having backed losing candidates and now has the possibility of having to fight a real primary in the Republican parties as he drops below 50% in a Republican primary. That’s why voters see him as the biggest loser.”

“I do think that Trump was absolutely the biggest loser last Tuesday,” said Brian Seitchik, an Arizona-based GOP strategist who is a Trump campaign alum.

The policies of Donald Trump were a win, but when the rubber hit the road and Donald Trump reemerged and start handpicking candidates, some of whom were grossly underqualified, I think people were calling it ‘oh yeah, the chaos. I can’t take any more of this s–t,’” Seitchik said.
    I'm not sure you can say the bolded, either.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    I'm not sure you can say the bolded, either.
    It's just cope. Because end of the day the policies of his that weren't simply delusional flights of fancy were just basic GOP shit. And they can't acknowledge even the possibility that "basic GOP shit" just isn't popular. Especially not when they had the issue of abortion rights, a drum they've been beating for decades, blow up in their face so spectacularly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    It's just cope.
    It's probably that. Or, just as likely, the Party of Trump claiming they invented core Republican values and that classic Republicans have been RINOs for decades, for following all those trends for decades before Trump invented them.

I'm sure this has been posted and discussed but for context.

NEW: Read the Republicans' petition in the Georgia Supreme Court to block early voting on Saturday, Nov. 26 here

This has been going back and forth where with hours or days the rulings get overruled then denied again. So far the status is voting is fine for Saturday but guess who is trying to block it?

The point of emphasis of this argument is the day after, of a state holiday, formerly Robert E. Lee birthday. It's not called that of course and is the Friday after Thanksgiving. Yeah that is effed up ,but no claiming that Saturday should be closed too. What a reach. What an insult already hitting the citizens with a confederate, traitor general than not letting people do their democratic duty of voting.

My goodness the common sense of if you are a dumb ass state that does runoffs than maybe work around holidays or days that mess up the runoff election. Who am I kidding, we know runoffs are a finger on the scale, so why not.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    The point of emphasis of this argument is the day after, of a state holiday, formerly Robert E. Lee birthday. It's not called that of course and is the Friday after Thanksgiving. Yeah that is effed up ,but no claiming that Saturday should be closed too. What a reach. What an insult already hitting the citizens with a confederate, traitor general than not letting people do their democratic duty of voting.
    You're leaving out the best part, that his birthday is in January but the state legislature, just this year, decided that it would be observed on this date in November.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    What an utter waste of political office these people are.
    I mean...sure, go for it. Democrats can just call in from DC and be like, "Bro, we're working. We don't have time to jump on a 2-3 hour flight and then drive our asses to the border to sit down in front of some wall. We can get better reports from the CBP directly, which include video footage showing us far more than what we could see by sitting around a table in front of some shipping containers in AZ."

McCarthy and Republicans would fail outta fuckin clown school.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    You're leaving out the best part, that his birthday is in January but the state legislature, just this year, decided that it would be observed on this date in November.
    Not quite, his part of the holiday was removed 2017 (or 18? not exactly sure) and it's now (as best I can tell) just a "non-specific state holiday for no reason whatsoever" as best as I can tell. Which is why many are resting on when pretending to be outraged that Democrats remember what this holiday initially celebrated and how there was functionally zero effort put into remaking it.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I mean...sure, go for it. Democrats can just call in from DC and be like, "Bro, we're working. We don't have time to jump on a 2-3 hour flight and then drive our asses to the border to sit down in front of some wall. We can get better reports from the CBP directly, which include video footage showing us far more than what we could see by sitting around a table in front of some shipping containers in AZ."

McCarthy and Republicans would fail outta fuckin clown school.
    Sad thing is, I can see them doing this and then staging fake stuff around them to make it look way worse than it could ever reasonably be assumed to be. All while making sure cameras are rolling.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    Sad thing is, I can see them doing this and then staging fake stuff around them to make it look way worse than it could ever reasonably be assumed to be. All while making sure cameras are rolling.
    "Whoa look! It's a Guatemalan with calves the size of cantaloupes lugging 75 pounds of weed on his back across the border illegally!" - Someone channeling their inner Steve King (remember that guy?!), probably.

I mean, they could always do it along the parts of the new "THE WALL" where folks are legit using hand saws to cut through it or...just sliding through the gaps in some instances. Let's highlight how effective Republicans "THE WALL" actually is.

2022 election trivia. For the first time in history, Democrats control every single district that border the Pacific Ocean. All the way from Alaska to Southern California. Granted Alaska has not been called yet.

He certainly believes he will.

Also threatening to impeach Mayorkas
    Wait, he did this speech at the border?

Were there any illegal crossing on our "OPEN BORDER"(TM) while he was speaking? Young Guatemalan men with calves the size of cantaloupes lugging 75 pounds of weed on their back?

WHEN WILL STEVE KING'S YOUNG GUATEMALAN MAN WITH FIRM YET CURIOUSLY SUPPLE CALVES AND ENOUGH WEED TO KNOCK OUT THE ENTIRE AFC APPEAR, MAKING KING'S DREAMS A REALITY?!

You have to give them time to organise such things! I'm sure we'll see whole armies of invading Guatemalans with their firm, supple calves, and whole mountains of weed on their backs soon enough.
    I'm still curious as to if Steve King or any Republican actually realizes just how much weed 75 pounds of weed is.

Because like, it's a lot. And you can only compress so much before the product is damaged, so there's no real effective way to move that much as a single person short of dragging it behind you in a cart or on the ground, or having a hilariously tall backpack or doing something like this -

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...n-relationship

“This is your stud farm calling, you big sex puppy you”.
    This is reportedly a comment left by Herschel Walker to the second woman who claimed he pressured her into having an abortion.

Truly, the party of family values.

Well, 2 is better than 1.

For people not familiar the new strategy is have someone go on tv with Walker, it has been Graham, and they speak for Walker. Admittedly I just seen snippets of this one, but I am assuming this was like previous with Graham, with no doubt he was there to communicate a clear message so Walker would not have to talk.

Oh btw Walker said this:

Walker: This erection is about the people
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    2022 election trivia. For the first time in history, Democrats control every single district that border the Pacific Ocean. All the way from Alaska to Southern California. Granted Alaska has not been called yet.
    The Left Coast indeed.

https://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-...ions-rcna58528

So...where does Herschel Walker actually live? Because it doesn't seem like it's in Georgia -

When chatter about Herschel Walker’s prospective Senate campaign grew louder last year, one problem loomed large: The Republican lived in Texas, but he was expected to run in Georgia.

With this in mind, Walker, after decades of living in the Lone Star State, moved back to Georgia in August 2021 and launched a problematic political career soon after. This was not without complications: On the campaign trail, the GOP candidate continued to refer to his “home in Texas,” even as he tried to appeal to voters in Georgia.

But as it turns out, the challenges were not just rhetorical: CNN reported this morning that Walker is getting a tax break in Texas on his Dallas-area home that's intended "only for a primary residence."

Publicly available tax records reviewed by CNN’s KFile show Walker is listed to get a homestead tax exemption in Texas in 2022, saving the Senate candidate approximately $1,500 and potentially running afoul of both Texas tax rules and some Georgia rules on establishing residency for the purpose of voting or running for office.
    According to CNN’s report, which has not been independently verified by MSNBC or NBC News, Texas’ regulations require homeowners to only take this exemption on their “principal residence.”

For Walker, this appears to create the latest in a series of problems: The Senate hopeful launched a campaign in Georgia in 2021, then took the homestead tax exemption in Texas later in the year, only to then take the same homestead tax exemption in Texas again this year.
    So either Walker is violating TX rules, or he's violating GA's rules and is a carpetbagger much like Oz.

I do wonder what Lindsey Graham or Raphael Cruz will have to say on this matter, since they seem to be doing the talking for Herschel as of late.

https://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-...ions-rcna58528

So...where does Herschel Walker actually live? Because it doesn't seem like it's in Georgia -

So either Walker is violating TX rules, or he's violating GA's rules and is a carpetbagger much like Oz.

I do wonder what Lindsey Graham or Raphael Cruz will have to say on this matter, since they seem to be doing the talking for Herschel as of late.
    So... Walker gets disqualified for the Georgia race since its not his primary residence and the Democrats get a free seat? Seems fair
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey Edge- does this sound like election fraud to you? And also, how do you feel about leading questions?

https://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-...ance-rcna58557

“Next year, Republicans will start every day of Congress with prayer and the Pledge of Allegiance. No exceptions.”
    Whoa, bold moves from incoming Speaker McCarthy! He's bringing back patriotism!

Except for the fact that...like...

Yes, McCarthy’s vow that Republicans will start every day of Congress with prayer and the Pledge of Allegiance — without exceptions — isn’t wrong so much as it’s unnecessary.

If you were to go to Capitol Hill any day in which members are in session, you’d hear a daily invocation and the recitation of the Pledge of Allegiance on the floor. It’s not just tradition: It’s literally a written rule of the U.S. House of Representatives.
    It's not just a thing, starting sessions with the Pledge of Allegiance is required by the rules of the House.

This is why you don't elect Republicans. They'll make a big to-do about "DOING SOMETHING" and then you discover that thing is A) hilariously trivial and doesn't impact or benefit everyday Americans in the slightest and B) is something that's already done, so they're not "DOING SOMETHING" so much as "CONTINUING TO DO THE THING THAT WAS ALREADY DONE."

There is one explanation though -

Maybe McCarthy, despite serving in Congress for nearly 16 years, doesn’t know that the House already begins its days with a prayer and the Pledge of Allegiance.
    Boy it would be embarrassing if I spent a decade and a half working somewhere and didn't even know the basic rules.

Perhaps he has simply never been on time in his entire 16 years of serving in Congress.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death