Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Disappointed by this years black friday sale

No discounts on WoW services or Dragonflight, and this pet/mount pack is quite lame. So sad

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pally2 View Post
    No discounts on WoW services or Dragonflight, and this pet/mount pack is quite lame. So sad
    There were discounts during the previous weekend? Multiple? There was even free game time last weekend? And on Black Friday Deals, you have discounts on other things?
    Last edited by Lochton; 2022-11-24 at 04:15 PM.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

20% that seems to work on almost everything in the gear store, including pre-order collectibles, free game time, and a huge discount on store mount/pet pack, seems pretty good to me. DF was not going to be discounted b4 released
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    20% that seems to work on almost everything in the gear store, including pre-order collectibles, free game time, and a huge discount on store mount/pet pack, seems pretty good to me. DF was not going to be discounted b4 released
    Not to forget we just had 4 days of 30% discount on services.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by pally2 View Post
    Considering that Dragonflight doesn't go live until after Black Friday, why would they discount it now?
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

Seems weird to discount a yet to be released product.
    Also it's not friday yet, is it?

Weird pseudo holiday thing, black friday.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ringthane View Post
    Considering that Dragonflight doesn't go live until after Black Friday, why would they discount it now?
    Cybermonday. Poggers

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by loras View Post

Black Friday is a true curse of an invention, really. Not the deals but the behavior behind it.

As with any sale, the only purpose is to draw people in to something that isn't being sold by abusing their FOMO.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    As with any sale, the only purpose is to draw people in to something that isn't being sold by abusing their FOMO.
    Where is that FOMO guy at? Because this is true, Black Friday is a FOMO day, unlike the ability to farm content always.

Quote Originally Posted by Lochton View Post
    Black Friday is a true curse of an invention, really. Not the deals but the behavior behind it.
    I suppose, i've never properly participated in it. I always forget it exists.

It's like "Oh that was that friday?" and i've already missed it.
    Might change thwt this year if i can.

This man expected a fucking discount on an expansion that hasn't even gone live yet. Good lord.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Fair enough, i admit i'd be tempted by a properly discounted expansion.
    I mean i'm holding off due to quality concerns for now, but quality is always measured in quality/price division. Lower the price, lower the expected quality.

And DF is looking pretty good, admittedly. Just that their past few tries really sucked, and i was hyped for one of them (BfA).

3+ Year Old Account
    Gonna echo the sentiment of other posters and say that expecting a discount on DF days before launch is, frankly, setting the bar absurdly high. I can see the character service angle to a degree, though I wouldn't be surprised if they were saving that for a holiday sale.

10+ Year Old Account
    I suppose, i've never properly participated in it. I always forget it exists.

It's like "Oh that was that friday?" and i've already missed it.
    Might change thwt this year if i can.
    I have been interested in participating in Black Friday sales and then being unable, just to see/hear that someone had their nose broken, arm or leg broken, someone got assaulted, car windows smashed, etc, all over the hype of saving money..

I have been interested in participating in Black Friday sales and then being unable, just to see/hear that someone had their nose broken, arm or leg broken, someone got assaulted, car windows smashed, etc, all over the hype of saving money..
    I've only seen those monkey rampages on TV (or rather its internet equivalent), it's not that big around here, or at least used not to be.
    As standards have been lowering for years now in the EU and gave plumetted in this last year i could see people getting similarly "enthousiastic" about it here too.

Luckily i'm somewhat of an imposing presence so people usually keep calm near me.

...I am tempted to make use of this, i could go for some bargains after a year of price hikes brought on by collective stupidity.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've only seen those monkey rampages on TV (or rather its internet equivalent), it's not that big around here, or at least used not to be.
    As standards have been lowering for years now in the EU and gave plumetted in this last year i could see people getting similarly "enthousiastic" about it here too.

Luckily i'm somewhat of an imposing presence so people usually keep calm near me.

...I am tempted to make use of this, i could go for some bargains after a year of price hikes brought on by collective stupidity.
    Oh, most of the worst story is from news from other countries. One year someone broke their arm here, and since that, most stores have had the deals last a whole week, or not at all.

Oh, most of the worst story is from news from other countries. One year someone broke their arm here, and since that, most stores have had the deals last a whole week, or not at all.
    Seems wiser.
    Here it's there's just not much sense to it, everbody just sort of mucks about regarding it.
    Some participate, some have indeed had banners up for the entire week (haven't checked their prices though) and many seem unsure whether it's even a real thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems wiser.
    Here it's there's just not much sense to it, everbody just sort of mucks about regarding it.
    Some participate, some have indeed had banners up for the entire week (haven't checked their prices though) and many seem unsure whether it's even a real thing.
    It has a devious background too, as it is just before payday too, so many fall into the trap of taking loans to pay for it. So, luckily, many stores are not blocking services of offering loans/payment plans during this time too.

I wish everyone would move to doing it like Target does. I have complaints about other things Target does, but they start Black Friday sales at the end of October basically, and rotate them weekly.

The big sales start Sunday before Thanksgiving and there's basically nothing unique for Friday itself to try to stop the insane rush of people. Granted, people still wait till Friday for some reason... But alas.

I'm a bit surprised if Blizzard isn't doing another sale. Definitely not on Dragonflight, that's a really weird expectation, but on services again, don't see why they wouldn't.