• One of the best expansions

172 25.18%
  • No opinion/Haven't played yet

67 9.81%
  • Won't be purchasing

51 7.47%
Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    It's awesome, great music, great zones, easy to follow story with good characters, bunch of gay quests. Easily one of the best leveling experiences. Up to this point 10/10.

Obviously in the long run it's the end game that matters so it might as well go down the drain fast, but so far so good.

I wonder how bad the poll results will age

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    I wonder how bad the poll results will age
    Depends on how strong your confirmation bias is? The topic states rather clearly: how do you enjoy it "so far". How is people not having fun in two months time or whatever invalidating the fact they had fun on release?

True story, last night I finally finished setting up my UI (fresh install), juggling work, family, kids and not being that "Vanilla single guy with all time in the world" anymore, I realized I should probably not even try leveling at all as it took half a week to basically just config the basics!

That said, Orgrimmar still looks the same, a tad empty tho, as that is all I've seen so far of the expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Have had an absolutely great time so far.

My only gripes so far:

- Profession talent system seems really a step back in hwo Blizzard usually handles these systems. It's very unclear what the end rewards are for choices you make. I understand why Blizzard doesn;t want a system that you can respecc on a whim, but more clarity abotu what you are going to get out of something would have been nice. And a chance to undo things you regret would be good too.

- The crafting order system doesn;t seem to really function so far, or rather, no one is using it as far as I can tell. I managed to see and fulfill 1 crafting order so far. I hope this picks up down the road and it's just a function of people being in the leveling stages still.

- The Auction House is not happy and at times it is impossible to buy certain large volume, quickly bought and sold materials, like Cloth. I find myself stocking up before late afternoon/evening rush of players, otherwise I may nto be able to buy materials at all.

And that's about it.

Everything else has been very fun. The events (soup making, assault on Dragonbane Keep, the big Hunt thing) have been great and with the current reward system it;s something you can do every time it is up for minor rewards and some rep and loot, or at least once a week for the more significant reward, leaving it to choice.

I've personally also had some fun with the fishing event from the Tuskarr, which is nice to see that profession get something meaningful again.

So yeah, the expansion has shades of Pandaria for me in the vibe, but with modern endgame systems beyond just raiding.

We’ll see in a couple months. Still disappointed about Dracthyr looking the way they do and only being able to pick evoker. Seems like a 7/10 so far. If Tuskarr get added in 10.1 or 2 it will be good.
    Last edited by dwarven; 2022-12-02 at 11:18 AM.

I love the new talent system. It is overwhelming at first because i have changed main char, but once you get used to it you love it, it is exactly what we were asking to get the old vanilla vibe again. Tbh i don't want them to go ever again, WoW is exactly that for me, huge talent trees and lots of abilities to press to the point that you run out of keybinds.

I am still lvl 66, but what i have seen so far is very visually pleasent which is most of the times. I really like WoW's general aesthetic and ambience over any other MMO out there, those cartoonish grafics are my favourite in all games, for me those gfx are my thing.

Dragon riding is, oh my god, amazing. I absolutely adore it, i simply cannot go back to what we had before. I have played a lot of GW2 and i have like 3-4 mounts there but i never bothered to get the flying mounts there, i always thought it was quite a hassled and when this kind of mounts are coming in WoW i was excited and they really live up to my expectations, they basically did what we were asking them to do, steal more good ideas from established games and they delivered, please steal the other mounts as well :P

Questing is the same old boring WoW but it's, i guess. They might have to innovate on that matter or steal from another game, but still in all MMOs questing is more or less the same thing, a bit boring, only ffxiv does it good but still WoW is not that type of game where you read huge wall of texts followed by even bigger ones and maybe it should not become like that.

I have high hopes for myself that in Dragonflight i might stick around for more than a couple of months in order to experience once again good pvp, raiding and mythic+ that no other MMO offers on that level of excellence, all these are features that i have hardly touched in any expansion before or I have not participated for quite a while. Yeah, as i said, big hopes for me that i won't get bored by being trapped in an endless loop of weeklies and dailies and i could experience the real game.

Bloodsail Admiral melkesjokolade's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    All of the expansions are always positively recieved at the start of release. Its more bad decisions from patches that decides wether a expansion is good or bad. But for me personally, Ive been playing very casually and Im enjoying it this far. I knew I would love Dragonriding cause thats how I wish I could fly ever since I started WoW. I hope they expand it to the rest of the world and regular mounts. I voted «Its one of the better expansions» because I am positive to the changes, although its not flawless. I just hope they can keep it up in the patches and that they dont make some catastrophic decisions or dont listen to players, thats what concerns me the most. The way the game stands right now, its good. I especially love the Campaign, many lovely cinematics.

Also want to add I love the dungeon where you fly around with Dragonriding, that was an amazing idea and I wish all of the dungeons were like that. My only problem is the lightning that strikes you down and make you unable to fly, I had alot of problems with. Even when I was in the safe zone and when I was running only, it still happened and would stun me for several seconds, if I were just jumping or falling down a hill. It was incredible frustrating and a fun killer. They need to fix that, was so buggy.

Tldr: Good this far but worried for bad decisions in the future.
    Last edited by melkesjokolade; 2022-12-02 at 11:31 AM.

• The zones are mostly great, especially Azure Span (love Sindragosa's storyline there). Waking Shores and Thaldrazus are mostly great, too. Ohn'arah was pretty bad and the worst of the four zones.
    • The leveling experience is decent, but way too fast in my opinion.
    • The Dragon Isles look beautiful, the continent is visually fantastic.
    • Dragonriding is a mixed bag, super fun when you've got vigor and start from a high position, terrible when you don't have height and not enough vigor to get up.
    • Professions are as of now 100% confusion, way too complicated and there's too much stuff you need / get - quality levels for reagents, was that really necessary?
    • Most dungeons are visually incredible, Azure Vault and Halls of Infusion easily could have been raids; most of the dungeons are fun, Brackenridge Hollow is one of the worst dungeons ever though and Nokhuld isn't much better. I wish Uldaman would tie more into the storyline.
    • The reputation grind at max level is terrible and starts way sooner than usual. Renown or not, you can't disguise what this really is: an unnecessary timegate.
    • The story is way more interesting than anything we got in the base game for WoD, BfA or Shadowlands. Nice, interesting characters and to see the Aspects again is great, too.

Overall the expansion feels pretty shallow and light on content, but the first few days have been very good. I already enjoy it way more than I enjoyed BfA or Shadowlands during their first days. But we're in honeymoon for at least another 3-4 weeks.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

It’s a good foundation. Legion and maybe MOP are the only expansions that come to mind that had as good of an initial foundation and those turned out to be the 2 best expansions.

Everything seems to be a step forward. Talents, UI, questing, flying, endgame.

Only cons so far is the dungeons, but I might need to do them on mythic.

Also zero pvp updates. They really need to do something about this in the next update.

People are always in honeymoon phase the first 6 weeks or so of a new expansion. The real test comes after that.

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    great music, great zones.
    Visuals and sounds are good. But i'm finding the leveling story to be quite meh so far. At least compared with Shadowlands and Legion. Reminds me of WoD - lore and characters and stories i dont connect with.

I really dislike the voice acting, everything sounds so orcish, deep voices on stereoids

10+ Year Old Account
    Level up was really fun. Prob the 2nd best level up experience to date. I still liked WoD leveling more. Mostly due to all the treasure xp i think. Plus having the zone powers was fun in WoD. They should bring that back for outdoor content.

Ive only done 4 of the dungeons so far. All have been decent. I think my fav 2 so far are Uldaman and Ruby Life pools.

The Dragon riding is super fun. Its better than I imagined it would be. I was super skeptical that they could get it feeling good in WoWs engine, but its awesome. Only issue with it is that a few times i hit a tree, wall etc and got dced. Unable to log in for 4 or 5 mins.

Launch was one of the worst ones for me personally. The only launches I can rem are Cata-current, and id say DF was the 2nd worst only behind WoD. It took me 3 hours to get into the continent.

Talent trees are overall a huge success imo. I also adore the crafting updates.

Only about 16 hours in or so atm, but id say that i give it an 8.5 or 9 out of 10 so far. Pretty good.

I just need to see endgame to really judge it. Apparently there are 8 or 9 story chapters that are encrypted that no one has ever seen, potentially more we dont know about.

The only negative I have experienced so far besides the launch issues and random Dragon riding dcs, is a daily quest for the centaur. Theres one where you have to heard goats??? I think? Anyways, that quest is bugged or terrible I cant tell which. It took nearly 10 mins because they wouldn't move when i tried to get them to go where i wanted them to go.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dexx View Post
    Visuals and sounds are good. But i'm finding the leveling story to be quite meh so far. At least compared with Shadowlands and Legion. Reminds me of WoD - lore and characters and stories i dont connect with.
    Thats honestly hilarious that you connect with Shadowlands. Most people absolutely hated the theme, and i think everyone can agree other than a few smaller story bright spots, SL story was atrocious.

Id say the story is average or slightly above average. Its def better than Shadowlands, Cata, or BFA thats for sure. I did enjoy WoD leveling btw. WoD had an amazing launch. If WoD had the kind of content updates Legion had, it would have been the best expansion imo.

"polls" like this are always contaminated because this is a forum about the game so 80%+ of all posters are still playing anyway so you're biased towards liking the game.

as someone who played the beta and is unsubbed I'd say it's not a bad expansion but no expansion was really terrible anyway (most haters were always unreasonable).

in reality the game was always with competent expansions and most people rating "0/10" the current and "10/10" an old expac were just hating their own addiction.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibiki View Post
    So far it's very good. But ofc I m slowly hitting casual invisible wall and timegating on crafting gear, while Mythic farmers go high ilvl now.
    What? There's no mythic or raid open yet? How is anyone farming mythic?
    Or do you mean m0? Which is the same as heroic?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    • The zones are mostly great, especially Azure Span (love Sindragosa's storyline there). Waking Shores and Thaldrazus are mostly great, too. Ohn'arah was pretty bad and the worst of the four zones.
    • The leveling experience is decent, but way too fast in my opinion.
    • The Dragon Isles look beautiful, the continent is visually fantastic.
    • Dragonriding is a mixed bag, super fun when you've got vigor and start from a high position, terrible when you don't have height and not enough vigor to get up.
    • Professions are as of now 100% confusion, way too complicated and there's too much stuff you need / get - quality levels for reagents, was that really necessary?
    • Most dungeons are visually incredible, Azure Vault and Halls of Infusion easily could have been raids; most of the dungeons are fun, Brackenridge Hollow is one of the worst dungeons ever though and Nokhuld isn't much better. I wish Uldaman would tie more into the storyline.
    • The reputation grind at max level is terrible and starts way sooner than usual. Renown or not, you can't disguise what this really is: an unnecessary timegate.
    • The story is way more interesting than anything we got in the base game for WoD, BfA or Shadowlands. Nice, interesting characters and to see the Aspects again is great, too.

Overall the expansion feels pretty shallow and light on content, but the first few days have been very good. I already enjoy it way more than I enjoyed BfA or Shadowlands during their first days. But we're in honeymoon for at least another 3-4 weeks.
    Well theres apparenlty a bunch of encrypted content. At least story chapters. Profs have a lot of depth and are amazing imo. I agree Nokhud is terrible.

Story has been pretty good.

My big issue with this post is that you dislike rep grinds? Wtf is the problem with them, and why do you not want them? They hold 0 relevant player power. If you dont want to do them, you dont have to. You can raid log. If you dont find the kind of outdoor content SL had, along with a lot of cosmetic updates fun, maybe I can see that, but its def not light on content. Its light on content you enjoy. PLus every Rep has 1-2 activities locked away from levels 4-12. In a few weeks of rep grinding your world quest list will have nearly doubled, and you will have a lot more interesting quests and events to do. Like DR races, events including the cooking one. rock climbing, pokemon snap, great hunts, etc.

There is def plenty to do. If you dont like any of the content, then that sucks i guess=/

Perhaps the patches will be more to your liking. They doubled the world content team, but they prob didnt have enough time to effect the launch as much. I'm optimistic by 10.1 or 10.2 every patch will be as good as Argus, Nazjatar etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    "polls" like this are always contaminated because this is a forum about the game so 80%+ of all posters are still playing anyway so you're biased towards liking the game.

as someone who played the beta and is unsubbed I'd say it's not a bad expansion but no expansion was really terrible anyway (most haters were always unreasonable).

in reality the game was always with competent expansions and most people rating "0/10" the current and "10/10" an old expac were just hating their own addiction.
    I agree to an extent. I cant stand 10/10 or 0/10 reviews. No game deserves a 10 unless its groundbreaking or flawless.

No game deserves a 0 unless its literally 100% unplayable. Even superman 64 deserves a 1 or a 2.

Id say WoW is above average for theme park mmos, so 6-9 is a fair review for the quality of expansions we have had.

Quote Originally Posted by Rageonit View Post
    It's far from WoD 2.0. They took their lessons and put in lots of open world content a la Zereth Mortis. Thing is, because they didn't want to gate player power behind it (no AP or whatever), it will mostly appeal to people who enjoy collecting cosmetics. So if you enjoy doing that, DF is a lot more fun than WoD - everywhere, you have some kind of events going on to farm rep and get transmogs and what not.
    My issue is the stale endgame, it felt like in past expansions blizz was at least trying to come up with new ideas or content to keep the game fresh, despite there failures at least they tried. DF all you have is m+, raid and PvP as endgame progression. Raiding hasnt changed in years and feels a bit outdated now, I wonder how easily the ageing player base can keep scheduling there lives around weekly raid nights. M+ needs to be updated, it could be a very fun and challenging end game progression system, but it still kinda falls flat.
    DF would have been a great expansion 5-6 years ago maybe, but now there's so many games offering new ideas, WoW feels a bit archaic at this point, they really need to be brave enough to add some new big endgame system that sticks around.

Quote Originally Posted by Opeth69 View Post
    My issue is the stale endgame, it felt like in past expansions blizz was at least trying to come up with new ideas or content to keep the game fresh, despite there failures at least they tried. DF all you have is m+, raid and PvP as endgame progression. Raiding hasnt changed in years and feels a bit outdated now, I wonder how easily the ageing player base can keep scheduling there lives around weekly raid nights. M+ needs to be updated, it could be a very fun and challenging end game progression system, but it still kinda falls flat.
    DF would have been a great expansion 5-6 years ago maybe, but now there's so many games offering new ideas, WoW feels a bit archaic at this point, they really need to be brave enough to add some new big endgame system that sticks around.
    What should they do? What would make raiding and m+ better?
    What could even be "the new big endgame system that sticks around". Give us some ideas.
    Dont just have complaints, offer solutions.

Alright so far launches are usually fun to play around with and this is too but we will see in a couple months how the longevity will be.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    My big issue with this post is that you dislike rep grinds? Wtf is the problem with them, and why do you not want them? They hold 0 relevant player power. If you dont want to do them, you dont have to. You can raid log. If you dont find the kind of outdoor content SL had, along with a lot of cosmetic updates fun, maybe I can see that, but its def not light on content. Its light on content you enjoy. PLus every Rep has 1-2 activities locked away from levels 4-12. In a few weeks of rep grinding your world quest list will have nearly doubled, and you will have a lot more interesting quests and events to do. Like DR races, events including the cooking one. rock climbing, pokemon snap, great hunts, etc.

There is def plenty to do. If you dont like any of the content, then that sucks i guess=/

Perhaps the patches will be more to your liking. They doubled the world content team, but they prob didnt have enough time to effect the launch as much. I'm optimistic by 10.1 or 10.2 every patch will be as good as Argus, Nazjatar etc.
    Why does the content need to be gated behind reputations? That's my issue and it's been my issue for years now. There's just no need for this to exist, let me do the content that is there without forcing me to grind reputation for factions I do not care about. Mostly talking about the main campaign here.

I mean you have this very nice (but short) leveling main story in DF and then everything comes to a halt because you need to grind reputations - the first time for the 4000 rep and then it all of a sudden completely stops and you don't even get another quest until you supposedly increased your renown ranks? Uhm... excuse me, this is outright terrible. There's not much to complain about DF right now, but this is such a weird outlier for bad design choices.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2022-12-02 at 12:51 PM.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again