Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Considering Some Semi-Weekly World Quests Becoming Daily

Considering Some Semi-Weekly World Quests Becoming Daily
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    With scheduled weekly maintenance tomorrow, we’re making a change that we’ve seen a lot of feedback from players about.

• Many World Quests associated with the Valdrakken Accord, Iskaara Tuskarr, and Dragonscale Expedition factions will now reset daily (was semi-weekly).

The Maruuk Centaur, who have regular hunts and a nomadic camp full of periodic quests, will continue to offer their World Quests on a semi-weekly cadence.

Updated 6:20 p.m. PST

Upon further review and consideration, we’ve decided to drop this change at this time.

All along, our goal has been to avoid making World Quests feel mandatory, while still offering them as a worthwhile option for players who are looking for things to do on a given day.

Following your feedback here and our own internal discussions, we’re going to try to find other ways to accomplish that without impacting crafting too much or generating a great deal of concern for those who don’t already have a daily routine or want a daily routine.

Thank you.
    Last edited by Lumy; 2022-12-06 at 02:34 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Woo? I Guess?

No, god no. It was perfect as it was. I don't wanna have to log in every single day to make sure im not missing anything. i could actually enjoy alts and other games when this shit was bi-weekly

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    No, god no. It was perfect as it was. I don't wanna have to log in every single day to make sure im not missing anything. i could actually enjoy alts and other games when this shit was bi-weekly
    This is sarcasm, right?

I am glad Blizz does not listen to just one person. I think if they did then this expansion would be trash.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinchi Migi View Post
    I am glad Blizz does not listen to just one person. I think if they did then this expansion would be trash.
    except if you check the responce on this change. the majority wanted it to stay bi-weekly. So they kinda listened to the "one" person here when they did this change

except if you check the responce on this change. the majority wanted it to stay bi-weekly. So they kinda listened to the "one" person here when they did this change
    Or maybe the vocal people aren't the majority they think they are.

Quote Originally Posted by leviathonlx View Post
    Or maybe the vocal people aren't the majority they think they are.

What Leviathonlx said

Quote Originally Posted by Caprias View Post
    This is sarcasm, right?
    There are people who unironically enjoy daily quests??

why would this be a welcome change?
    I guess it comes down to leaving the world quest system.

I was fine with world quests being daily as you were mostly interested in doing them every three days or every day. It was fitting most of the players.

And now we're back to finding what pace fits most players... You already had the solution implemented blizzard, why wasn't the world quest system enough? oO'

Not sure what there is to complain about. This means more rep and more other rewards for those factions. Guess WoW players will complain about anything, even if it's being given more stuff.

Eh I think the important thing is for them to last for 3+ days more than for them to only reset twice a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Not sure what there is to complain about. This means more rep and more other rewards for those factions. Guess WoW players will complain about anything, even if it's being given more stuff.

I think this is where we are at. People literally complain over good and bad changes. Ridiculous honestly.

This is stupid. They were great being semi-weekly.

I'm actually seeing players complaining that they now "have to" do world quests every day, despite the absence of borrowed power systems. It's like someone shoved a hundred burgers in front of them and they're complaining that they "have to" eat them. No, you can still eat just one or two a day like before.

Imagine you're someone who can only play at certain times. Now imagine that people are getting renown much faster than before. Meaning they unlock content faster. Meaning that cinematics and story is spoiled for you because of youtube's shitty algorithm.

So you have two choices.

Don't watch anything WoW related on youtube, ever.

Just don't watch youtube 4head.

This is where we're at.

If more rep is the goal here then I would rather have longer biweekly quests (or better: weekly!) that give proportionally more rep.

Doing a chore once a week is way better than doing it every day.

While I understand hardcore fans were happy they don't "need to feel like they have to grind", there simply wasn't enough open world stuff to do each day for casual players. I understand why they are thinking of reverting (though people are screaming for it to go back to how it was so maybe not?)

Thanks but no thanks. Why the freaking rush?

I'd rather have the current schedule, less FOMO