5+ Year Old Account

Unhappy This xpac is boring af, just like shadowlands I don't care about the stakes at all!

In Shadowlands we got imploring npcs "help us champion, or the shadowlands is doomed n stuff!"

and I couldn't give a single fuck...it's the land of the living that counts, I'm not interested in a bunch of angels, zombies, vampires etc fretting over some bodybuilder in some land of the dead.. all I was thinking, "ok, I hope he does win, so I can get out of this place!"

Say what you want about the Cataclysm, I was invested af, I mean DEATHWING!!!11 It made me want to climb the ladder to meet this threat n defend Azeroth!

But Dragonflight...? eh...so this absurd dragon that looks like it came from Drustvar, fights with Alexstrasza and we are not given any explaination why it's so powerful, it simply shouldn't be able to compete with a former aspect, though Alexstrasza has lost her powers, she's still very enhanced from the base proto-dragon old form she used to have.

So this dragon, I can't even bother to care to remember its stupid name, almost looses. Meaning if Alexstrasza just calls on her other former aspect buddies, they could just team up n kill that annoying dragon...what is the point of a threat that you should work to overcome, when we already have the power to defeat it???

In Legion you gathered an Artifact n enhanced it to even be able to fight the Legion. You had a path of progression.

In BFA you were the champion of the Titan Azeroth n had a special Artifact Necklace that you enhanced to defeat N'Zoth, and old god.

While Shadowlands didn't make any sense, neither does Dragonflight, why should you have a path of progression, to climb a ladder, FOR WHAT? We can already defeat that stupid dragon from day 1.
    Land on the dragon isles, talk to Alexstrasza, u get cinematic the former aspects team up n pwn the annoying dragon.
    Expansion over, we can go home now.

What are we even here for?? Fidgeting with professions? Dragon riding? Like I care about that shit, I didn't spend all those gazillion hours to collect all my cool flying mounts to replace them...

No matter how bad an expansion was in the past, Cataclysm, WoD, I couldn't wait to play each day in the beginning, they were all good at the start, even though they sucked later. But this expansion? If I took a break, I wouldn't feel I was missing out, I'm starting to grow more n more bored with this expansion...

Honestly, they should just release news of what the next expansion will be. Maybe it could be interesting..make it something kewl, have the Titan Azeroth wake up, emerge from the earth, the voidlords are coming.
    Or, have it be like MoP, where the draw was the fate of all these interesting cultures..

But dragons? Sure they are cool n all, but we get a threat that would fall over if Deathwing farted on that drustvar dragon...
    and that is the #1 that doesn't make sense. In Cataclysm Alexstrasza n Deathwing went 1 on 1, she killed him! His body crashed to the ground, she was standing upright, even though she was hurt. But then that jerk N'Zoth rezz Deathwing n he is back at full health so she has to flee.
    So, the QUEEN of the dragons, who bested Deathwing when he was at his full strength, looses to some no-name proto-dragon..lol wut?

3:58 "The Earth Warder...he is dead."

Sure, the dragons are more interesting than shadowlands, n their city beats oribos easily, but I still can't figure out why I'm even logging on..
    Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2022-12-08 at 10:16 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I love posts like this that re-explain what we did in a previous expansion as if anyone's unclear on what we did with artifacts in Legion.

The irony of saying you don't care about the stakes when you write a long complaint that similarly nobody's gonna care about.

And like this post, WoW is opt in. You don't have to play. It's okay. There's so many other games to enjoy and get emotionally wrapped up in.

Deathwing? He was like the most boring villain ever. Big bad dragon wakes up and wants to destroy the world. He's only interesting if you know his lore. At the time I had not read the novels, so he was very unimpressive compared to LK. Point being, it's all very subjective. And you're entitled to find a villain boring. As you are to find a game that better suits your needs - where you want to log and play.

As a side note, objectively, Cata had a lot of issues at the start and lost a lot of people at the start. They mostly had to do with gameplay (lockouts, aggro, hard dungeons etc), but most people are actually here for gameplay and less for the story. Though the relatively unknown villain compared to the famous LK also had a bit to do with it. Most people skip reading quests entirely.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Loveliest View Post
    Deathwing? He was like the most boring villain ever. Big bad dragon wakes up and wants to destroy the world. He's only interesting if you know his lore. At the time I had not read the novels, so he was very unimpressive compared to LK. Point being, it's all very subjective. And you're entitled to find a villain boring. As you are to find a game that better suits your needs - where you want to log and play.

As a side note, objectively, Cata had a lot of issues at the start and lost a lot of people at the start. They mostly had to do with gameplay (lockouts, aggro, hard dungeons etc), but most people are actually here for gameplay and less for the story. Though the relatively unknown villain compared to the famous LK also had a bit to do with it. Most people skip reading quests entirely.
    Eh, it's not about if the story is good or not, the big bad dragon deathwing was a major threat to the world, we live in the world, we wanted to win.
    But the drustvar dragon? Like I said, it could be defeated on day 1.

But in Cata N'Zoth rezzing Deatwing (like he later did with Queen Azshara) meant it would be pointless for dragon aspects to team up against deathwing, so they had to get some special item, that demon soul thingy that Thrall later uses that blasts deathwing into the maelstrom where he is torn apart...

But in Dragonflight xpac the option of team up exists, the team can join up n pound the drustvar dragon n it would be all over. They don't even need to become aspects again to do it. No special item, special magical weapon is needed.

Nothing we do matters. AT ALL. cuz we could kill the annoying dragon on day 1.

So, this xpac makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    Eh, it's not about if the story is good or not, the big bad dragon deathwing was a major threat to the world, we live in the world, we wanted to win.

But in Cata N'Zoth rezzing Deatwing (like he later did with Queen Azshara) meant it would be pointless for dragon aspects to team up against deathwing, so they had to get some special item, that demon soul thingy that Thrall later uses that blasts deathwing into the maelstrom where he is torn apart...

But in Dragonflight xpac the option of team up exists, the team can join up n pound the drustvar dragon n it would be all over. They don't even need to become aspects again to do it. No special item, special magical weapon is needed.

It is what it is. Now that you shared some insight, figure out if you want to keep paying or not.

You got invested in cata cool

You didn't in DF ok

"It's bad because they don't explain anything" except they do...constantly...all through leveling and cinematic.

Raz and her 3 brothers were on par with the aspects because where the dragons got elevated by Titans the incarnates are powered by primal elements.

Now the aspects are at a fraction of their power whether you want to accept that or not and that means they are weaker than the incarnates

- - - Updated - - -

We are technically the same power level we were in cata because after we always had a legendary or other form of power buff. And in cata we couldn't beat deathwing without the aspects help so we can't one shot someone prime DW needed nzoth power to fight

5+ Year Old Account
    Now, if becoming dragon aspects again becomes important later in the xpac, like next summer we get a zombie primalist Galakrond. It's still stupid way to go about it.

The former dragon aspects have to become dragon aspects again, because they are so fucking retarded they couldn't figure out they could just team up, 5 vs 1.

Even n00bs that get pwnd by Hogger in Elwynn forest figure out to team up to beat the ewul gnoll...

But dragons, enhanced by the Titans themselves, over 10 000 years old. Can't come up with a basic idea like making a group..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Man View Post
    You got invested in cata cool

You didn't in DF ok

"It's bad because they don't explain anything" except they do...constantly...all through leveling and cinematic.

Raz and her 3 brothers were on par with the aspects because where the dragons got elevated by Titans the incarnates are powered by primal elements.

Now the aspects are at a fraction of their power whether you want to accept that or not and that means they are weaker than the incarnates

- - - Updated - - -

We are technically the same power level we were in cata because after we always had a legendary or other form of power buff. And in cata we couldn't beat deathwing without the aspects help so we can't one shot someone prime DW needed nzoth power to fight
    That doesn't even begin to explain anything at all. Like what, Ragnaros stepped in just to spite the Titans?.. Like he would share his power without a reason. Why would he n the other elemental lords hand over enough power for some proto-dragon to be able to do world conquest by itself? So once it wins, it would somehow decide to "share power" with the elemental lords?

Nah, this is just some proto-dragon wielding powers like some elemental shaman, the any former dragon aspect should just steamroll this shammie dragon.
    Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2022-12-08 at 11:06 PM.

So this dragon, I can't even bother to care to remember its stupid name, almost looses. Meaning if Alexstrasza just calls on her other former aspect buddies, they could just team up n kill that annoying dragon...what is the point of a threat that you should work to overcome, when we already have the power to defeat it???
    You've gravely misunderstood the cinematics if you believe Razageth nearly lost, she easily beat the shit out of Alexstrasza and Wrathion, and they only survived because Razageth is more interested in breaking out her siblings and taking their revenge together over taking her own personal revenge at that point in time, plus the classic villain thing of "I'm going to make you watch as I destroy everything you love"

- - - Updated - - -

That doesn't even begin to explain anything at all. Like what, Ragnaros stepped in just to spite the Titans?.. Like he would share his power without a reason. Why would he n the other elemental lords hand over enough power for some proto-dragon to be able to do world conquest by itself? So once it wins, it would somehow decide to "share power" with the elemental lords?

Nah, this is just some proto-dragon wielding powers like some elemental shaman, the any former dragon aspect should just steamroll this shammie dragon.
    The primalists worship the elements, just like the cultists worship the old gods, they wouldn't be "sharing their power without a reason".

Now, if becoming dragon aspects again becomes important later in the xpac, like next summer we get a zombie primalist Galakrond. It's still stupid way to go about it.

The former dragon aspects have to become dragon aspects again, because they are so fucking retarded they couldn't figure out they could just team up, 5 vs 1.

Even n00bs that get pwnd by Hogger in Elwynn forest figure out to team up to beat the ewul gnoll...

But dragons, enhanced by the Titans themselves, over 10 000 years old. Can't come up with a basic idea like making a group..

- - - Updated - - -

Nobody mentioned rag
    I get it you don't like the story but put your hate boner away when you don't even understand the basic elements of the warcraft universe

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickiler View Post
    You've gravely misunderstood the cinematics if you believe Razageth nearly lost, she easily beat the shit out of Alexstrasza and Wrathion, and they only survived because Razageth is more interested in breaking out her siblings and taking their revenge together over taking her own personal revenge at that point in time, plus the classic villain thing of "I'm going to make you watch as I destroy everything you love"
    eh, remember the part with alexstrasza chomping down on her throat? n then she becomes op elemental shammie to win. It's absurd.

While people complained about Sylvannas defeating Bolvar, "he is the lich king! he can't loose!!111oneone" eh yes, he can, since he got his powers from the Maw n the Maw empowered Sylvannas specifically to defeat the Lich King for the sole purpose of opening the doorway between the land of the living n the dead.
    1. She had a source of her power.
    2. She had a purpose to WHY she was given such powers.

the drustvar dragon was beaten against Kalecgos, decided to leave, some threat...n he had help from his dragon flight, now imagine if instead the other former aspects had come..

Now this stupid drustvar dragon, it wields elemental powers like it's on par with Al'Akir...like when did he decide to hand over so much of his powers and for no clear reason? Just to satisfy some stupid dragon civil war faction?..lol??

this expansion feels like we are fighting the elemental lords, but in their place it's dragons...

BUT the elemental planes already has representatives for the world of azeroth, the elemental lords, only they had powers to dominate the world. They never handed out such powers to any of their lieutenants. Did Majordomo executus have the power to burn world of azeroth to a crisp? Did any of the bosses in molten core do? No.

But here out of freaking nowhere we have some random angry proto-dragon elemental lord type powers that is has, for no reason...
    Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2022-12-08 at 11:29 PM.

Alexstrasza didn't almost win. She got taken out in a single shot. It wasn't even close. The only reason it seemed close (if you aren't really paying attention) is because Raszageth was toying with her. Even Wrathion showing up didn't matter at all. If Raszageth had wanted to she could have killed them both right there without much effort. But as she explained, she wants the Aspects to suffer first. Which is a stupid trope but whatever.

Secondly, remember that Raszageth is the weakest of the 4 Primal Incarnates. We haven't even seen the other 3 yet. So even if we could easily defeat Raszageth we would still have the other 3 to contend with. From what we have been told, at the height of their power the Aspects were barely able to defeat the Incarnates the first time around. And that was with Neltharion using Old God power on top of his own to defeat Raszageth because if he hadn't he was going to lose. Now the Aspects' power is significantly decreased. While not stated directly, it is heavily implied that we would not be able to stop the Incarnates if all of them were to come back. Thats why Alexstrasza tells us the Aspects have to regain their full power to even have a chance.

Third, their stated goal is to undo everything the Titans created. That technically includes all of us as well, since all the mortal races either descended from Titan constructs or evolved due to Titan influence. So I'm not sure why you are saying that this isn't a world-ending level threat. That is exactly what it is, as far as the mortal races are concerned.

Its fine if you don't like the story. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. But don't try to misconstrue what the story is in an attempt to justify why you don't like it. It's ok to just not like it and keep carrying on with your life instead of whining about things that are completely untrue.
    Last edited by Gurbz; 2022-12-08 at 11:31 PM.
    I found I enjoyed the game significantly more when I stopped paying attention to all the people on the forums telling me how much I am supposed to hate it
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.

7+ Year Old Account
    You could just unsubscribe instead of looking for validation online
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    You could just unsubscribe instead of looking for validation online
    Have you been on this website? People usually do both

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gurbz View Post
    Alexstrasza didn't almost win. She got taken out in a single shot. It wasn't even close. The only reason it seemed close (if you aren't really paying attention) is because Raszageth was toying with her. Even Wrathion showing up didn't matter at all. If Raszageth had wanted to she could have killed them both right there without much effort. But as she explained, she wants the Aspects to suffer first. Which is a stupid trope but whatever.

Secondly, remember that Raszageth is the weakest of the 4 Primal Incarnates. We haven't even seen the other 3 yet. So even if we could easily defeat Raszageth we would still have the other 3 to contend with. From what we have been told, at the height of their power the Aspects were barely able to defeat the Incarnates the first time around. And that was with Neltharion using Old God power on top of his own to defeat Raszageth because if he hadn't he was going to lose. Now the Aspects' power is significantly decreased. While not stated directly, it is heavily implied that we would not be able to stop the Incarnates if all of them were to come back. Thats why Alexstrasza tells us the Aspects have to regain their full power to even have a chance.

Third, their stated goal is to undo everything the Titans created. That technically includes all of us as well, since all the mortal races either descended from Titan constructs or evolved due to Titan influence. So I'm not sure why you are saying that this isn't a world-ending level threat. That is exactly what it is, as far as the mortal races are concerned.

Its fine if you don't like the story. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. But don't try to misconstrue what the story is in an attempt to justify why you don't like it. It's ok to just not like it and keep carrying on with your life instead of whining about things that are completely untrue.
    No, watch it again, the drustvar dragon was loosing, until it called upon a ranged attack with powers its not supposed to have.

As for the other 3 drustvar dragons, they won't even appear if the former dragon aspects team up n kill the first drustvar dragon then she can't break them free.

This xpac makes literally no sense.

While Cataclysm was bad, we all knew where Deathwing came from, how he got his powers and WHY.

But here we are just supposed to accept that 4 random proto-dragons just happened to get world ending powers, like...those powers were just laying on the ground waiting for anyone to pick them up?? lol...

The dragon aspects had to get the TITANS to empower them, deathwing then got N'ZOTH. but the drustvar dragons "u shut up! we need no explaination, just accept it!"

So, like, Al'Akir would have no problem with anyone playing around with his powers?

eh, remember the part with alexstrasza chomping down on her throat? n then she becomes op elemental shammie to win. It's absurd.
    So Alexstrasza had a dominant position, and Razageth turned that situation around EASILY, which just shows how powerful she is.

the drustvar dragon was beaten against Kalecgos, decided to leave, some threat...n he had help from his dragon flight, now imagine if instead the other former aspects had come..
    Except Kalecgos didn't actually beat her(I just went and watched the cinematic again to double check), she just decided to leave, and it took two of the oldest and strongest Blue dragons, just to PROTECT from Razageths power, not even actually fighting her. She beat Kalecgos in to the ground when it was just him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    "I Quit" and "WoW is Dying/Dead," and blog-type threads don't tend to produce much in the way of constructive discussion or debate. Closing this.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead