Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    A very nice cinematic and all, but with a 70 buck price tag plus a cash shop and a battle pass (with a premium track no less), they can gargle my nuts. Guess it's another 20 years with D2.

Im happy they plan to monetize it, not interested in no updates like d2 and d3

Edit: also its rumored its going to be on game pass day one if the deal goes through. So try it there for 3 months if you have a 1$ to spare.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Who else is charging $10 more to allow 4 days early access to the game?
    They figured out how to earn money, while keeping microtransactions exclusive to cosmetics(where the alternative would be more than cosmetics - they could pull that off if they wanted so).

It's an elegant solution if you ask me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by crejack View Post
    Exactly. Blizzard has done their market research and have priced it based on that. It's going to be the fastest most profitable Diablo game, and probably one of their most profitable games in their portfolio. It's funny watching people cry about the price like their opinion actually matters though.
    I really believe that as well.
    Last edited by HansOlo; 2022-12-10 at 05:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    Damn son, battle pass, head start, collectors box with no game... really not a fan of how predatory this is.
    Could you point out the predatory part. Or are you the guy at McDonalds complaining about how predatory it is that the happy meal comes with a toy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Buy to play + microtransactions + season pass lel. Blizzard are greedy af. Game feels rushed too , dont have high hopes.

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Could you point out the predatory part. Or are you the guy at McDonalds complaining about how predatory it is that the happy meal comes with a toy.
    It's predatory because ppl can't control themselves and will spend any money to get another cosmetic wings.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dubalazi View Post
    Buy to play + microtransactions + season pass lel. Blizzard are greedy af. Game feels rushed too , dont have high hopes.
    Why does it feel rushed?
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Games getting more expensive isn't actually a good thing though, not for the consumer.

People can defend it all they want (not sure they would anyway) but that's an undeniable fact.

yay for inflation and the CE not having a game is odd, but I think of other companies have done this (destiny maybe?). I'm sure the CE box will still sell out ultra fast though.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Quote Originally Posted by Dubalazi View Post
    I don't think its rushed. I mean, it was announced back in 2018. This actually feels like like one of the first games in a while they actually took their time to develop. Probably also because they knew the franchise would die on the vine if they didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    yay for inflation and the CE not having a game is odd, but I think of other companies have done this (destiny maybe?). I'm sure the CE box will still sell out ultra fast though.
    Unfortunately its been the trend of their games for a while now of paying more and getting less.

MoP CE - $79.99
    BfA CE - $99.99
    SL CE - $119.99
    DF CE - $129.99

So $96.66 + $69.99 = $169.98 USD is above the typical $120 - $150 price range for CE. I am assuming the split was intentional marketing strategy to make the price appear less steep.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Other than the blatant shill, who has actually defended the game being more expensive?
    I'm sure someone is defending the price...

But at the end of the day who or what is really responsible for a $70 price tag?

We can certainly cite things like inflation right?

Houses are more expensive, food is more expensive etc...

But its difficult to really put 100% of the blame on inflation when you see a top management take these huge bonus's while at the same time laying off employees.

At the end of the day, I put most of the blame on us, or more specifically, people who aren't willing to vote with their wallets.

If we look at the 70 dollar price, some percentage of that price is the cost of production and some percentage is profit (its a company after all).

But I'd wager a large percentage is just the company charging the maximum amount they can because people will pay that rather than vote with their wallets.

Games haven't increased in price in ages, its not just because of short term inflation. Long term they are factually lagging behind in price.

That doesn't mean we need to like that they become more expensive.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Other than the blatant shill, who has actually defended the game being more expensive?
    People who call other hypocrites for saying $70 is too much.

Am I the only one who is a Diablo fan but somehow cannot muster much enthusiasm for this game? Like I am just waiting for Blizzard to screw me over somehow.

I don't know, I have been expecting games to increase in price for ages, can't stay at the 59.99 they have been at for ages so that part doesn't bug me. The shop + battlepass is annoying, though it being only cosmetics takes it away from a deal breaker. I just wish companies made battle passes that you could complete free to play (even if requiring daily play to do so) and only have you pay if you miss a few days/don't play daily.

That being said my siblings "graciously" bought me D4 for Christmas, because at the end of the day I will get hundreds if not thousands of hours of enjoyment out of the game over the course of its life so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

Quote Originally Posted by Elder Millennial View Post
    Am I the only one who is a Diablo fan but somehow cannot muster much enthusiasm for this game? Like I am just waiting for Blizzard to screw me over somehow.
    Blizzard has been keen to mention that they do not plan to allow monetization to stretch further than cosmetic options but you're completely in the right to be cautious after the absolute shitshow that was Diablo: Immortal.

I know I've said I wouldn't touch a Blizzard game again... but this makes me fidget in wanting to overlook what they did, because D4...

Quote Originally Posted by HansOlo View Post
    Stop talking about topics you know nothing about.

Is the pricetag off iPhone morally good? Is Netflix fair?

Who the F are you talking about what is acceptable? Compared to what?

Once again - the tag is 70, because people gladly pays it. And stop hiding behind term casual.

People knows jackshit about basic marketing, yet they comment.
    Sorry for late reply, saw the notification right now and read something that actually made me laugh on how stupid it actually did sound.

So first of all: "stop hiding behind term casual."
    I said it once. And its not hiding behind it, its stating for players who dont generally play diablo but also see the pricing as stupid when they have MTX and battle pass you most likely need to pay for to have a great experience. Its atleast how it is for ppl like me which is why I said it.

"jackshit about basic marketing." You mean demand and supply? Im sorry to say but, you dont need "basic marketing" to understand how increase pricing with additional pricing in the game works. You dont need to be a, what did you say? "someone very smart who calculated the pricetag." That literally made me believe you never studied basic marketing yourself, yet you comment.
    All you basically need to increase the price of a game is either:
    A: Have another company increase first and see the reaction. If its not too bad, increase it yourself. (seen it alot of times without inflation having anything to do with it.)
    B: Pretend its inflation and increase it anyway. Or dont pretend its inflation but increase it and dont care about reactions, they normally calm down.
    C: Wanting more money.
    Im all for increasing pricetags if it actually means the devs gets to spend more time developing the game and actually put out a rly good product. Usually that does not happen but instead the money is put into the "owners" pockets. But you are defending that to the max.

According to you, acceptable is w/e you feel is acceptable to yourself, since u can pay it you dont mind it. Since it doesnt hurt you, you dont mind it. Thats the people companies target since they are the easy targets. Quite simple isnt it? Look at Diablo Immortal.

If you are going to go the milestone, atleast do it properly.

And man, when you write, it actually sounds like you are really mad and frustrated that people dont agree entirely with everything you say and do. Must be great. (And actually quite funny to read :-) )

That trailer is so effing good. And they're leaning into the mature rating this time around too. I really hope they make a mac client. I'd hate to be tied down to my PS5 for the game.

No doubt pricing is pretty ridiculous especially in the current era of digital games so the box cost is cut out.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    If you think base cost + battle pass + mtx shop + pay more for headstart is not predatory, then there is little to discuss with you.