Thread: 2022 Midterms

Quote Originally Posted by tehdang View Post
    Racism is now rejecting de-facto racial discrimination in college admissions to disfavor Asian and Jewish applicants
    Well the addition of Jewish people is new, but oh boy is this incredibly dishonest, wrong, and posted in bad faith. Also, seemingly irrelevant to anything discussed in this thread.

You alright? Because you seem to be flailing pretty hard.

Fugus was correctly pointing out the pickle that Republicans find themselves in: Where every group they would need to start attracting to get votes, especially as their voter base dies out and they're making the Republican party deeply unattractive to zoomers, is also a group that Republicans have actively targeted for years, and that whose inclusion would absolutely infuriate their base.

The Log Cabain Republicans being a fantastic example of how even when people who belong to one of these groups really fucking want to join the Republican party, the party rejects them. Consistently.

The demand for racists and zealots continues to increase, so the labels are changed to fill the demand. The people trying to keep activist fervor against the "other" are running on fumes (Or they're personally fueled by hatred, but the message isn't hitting the audience as it once did). Racism is now rejecting de-facto racial discrimination in college admissions to disfavor Asian and Jewish applicants, and zealots are anyone that thinks the first amendment means more than allowing religious exercise safely inside of churches (and then only sometimes) and private residences. Bad news for those that want to say "This is dying out," but good news for people that always want a righteous crusader attitude.
    The demand for racists and zealots may be increasing within the Republican party, but that is because the supply of racist and zealots within the overall population is declining.

You can try and rename it a million times, it doesn't change the fact that those views are dying out within the overall population with that group having gone from the norm to fringe and will increasingly becoming a smaller fringe as time goes on.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Racism is now rejecting de-facto racial discrimination in college admissions to disfavor Asian and Jewish applicants
    We've been over this before (though adding "Jewish" is a new wrinkle I've seen nothing to support), but it's pretty fucking bananas ridiculous to claim that colleges are discriminating against Asian applicants when Asian students make up a disproportionately large segment of the student body. Last I checked when it was Harvard specifically being maligned, they had somewhere between 4 and 5 times the proportional representation in their student body of Asian students, as compared to the greater population.

That's not an outcome that gets created by discrimination against Asian students. The claim is a clear and deliberate lie, pushed as part of a broader right-wing attack on education in general.

and zealots are anyone that thinks the first amendment means more than allowing religious exercise safely inside of churches (and then only sometimes) and private residences.
    Literally nobody gives a shit if you pray in public.
    Your religious rights do not give you any freedom to abuse innocents.
    Your religious rights do not give you any freedom to overrule the religious freedoms of others.
    And your religious rights do not allow you to deny services on religious grounds when you're in the public service.

Or, in shorter terms, if you're framing your religious views as "I should not choose X, because it is against my religion", that's totally super fine. Fill your boots. You may suffer some restrictions based on your choices.

But if you frame those views as "any other individual should not be allowed to choose X, because it is against my religion", you've exceeded the concept of personal religious freedom entirely and are actively attacking other people's religious freedoms. And when people call you an abusive zealous douchebag for doing that kind of thing, they're correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    The demand for racists and zealots continues to increase
    I mean, you can't just dangle this line out in public without expecting people to raise an eyebrow at, well, your support of racist Trump and his zealous followers. Remember how the man you willingly voted for twice arranged an attack on the Capitol? Is there any chance there is demand because he keeps using up the racists and zealots he has and needs to replace them?

On topic: Kari Lake, who is not fringe in the GOP.

Lake discussed the case with Turning Point USA founder and president Charlie Kirk in an interview she shared on her Twitter account on Friday.
    Oh, in case the rest of the article isn't clear on who Kirk or TPUSA are, this would be a good time to do about 30 seconds of research. I'll show you where to start.

Kirk said that Lake could find it difficult to prove "malice" on the part of election officials because they could say: "Well, I'm just such an idiot, I don't know how to run it."

He then discussed the December recount in Arizona's Attorney General race that found Kris Mayes receiving 280 more votes than Republican Abe Hamadeh, which was a decrease in her 511 vote lead prior to the recount.

Kirk asked Lake whether this could be used to demand hand recounts in Arizona counties as part of her ongoing lawsuit, to which Lake responded that "it's difficult to overhaul the whole case. They won't allow that."

"But we are trying to bring new things in," she said. "And we have a lot of new evidence coming our way every day. And this is how these election cases work, Charlie. So much of it is gathering evidence after the fact. And we were able to pull a great case together in the days after the election."

Lake noted that a judge in Maricopa County had agreed to hear only two of her counts challenging the election but she expressed optimism about her chances in the superior courts, including the Arizona Supreme Court.
    And now, the punch line.

"There's a boatload of evidence in our favor," Lake said. "And we just need a judge to wake up and realize what's on the line here. And if we don't restore honest elections right now our country will turn into a Venezuela."
    I did say the rest of the article made it clear, right?

So first of all, Kari Lake has yet to make this "boatload" of evidence clear. It's not public and she never showed any judge, despite having plenty of options.

Second of all, and I'll ask @cubby to correct me if I'm wrong, judges don't make calls based on "what's on the line". Judges make calls based on the written law. If I drive 55MPH in a 55MPH zone, the judge can't say "well I'm giving you a ticket anyhow, because you were going to the Houston Texans' game". Kari Lake has no standing in any existing law, that's why she keeps losing.

And third of all, Kari Lake continues to express the mainstream GOP opinion that US elections are dishonest. Despite, for example, the GOP taking the House. Or the GOP holding AZ. Or the voting restrictions being passed in GOP states, which yes are dishonest, but that never seems to be what they're worried about.

As per usual, wake me when there's any evidence of systematic, organized voter fraud. "I should have won" is not evidence. "I should have won" is just being a whiny bitch.

7+ Year Old Account
    word salad
    Don't know why what happens when your Republicans cut IRS spending is difficult for you to grasp...guess it's one of those tough pills. Just imagine if the Republicans consumption tax is thrown into the mix, along with all their proposed cuts to Medicare and Social Security since they refuse to cut defense budget even after the Pentagon has failed 5 audits in a row amounting to trillions of dollars that they cannot even account for. You aren't fleecing anyone here.
    Last edited by bladeXcrasher; 2023-01-16 at 06:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    (though adding "Jewish" is a new wrinkle I've seen nothing to support)
    I'm wondering if some news about some conservative being super antisemitic is about to drop or something, so the projection is starting early.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I'm wondering if some news about some conservative being super antisemitic is about to drop or something, so the projection is starting early.
    More than their typical antisemitic drops? You thinking Kanye levels of antisemitic speak?

Quote Originally Posted by bladeXcrasher View Post
    More than their typical antisemitic drops? You thinking Kanye levels of antisemitic speak?
    Or is it just more of the "if you don't support Israel you're antisemitic" nonsense that is, itself, antisemtically conflating Jewish people with Israel as a nation?

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes, Mr. "GQP" is complaining about other people collectively losing their minds based on small actions of the opposition. Examine your labels.
    LMAO, the right utterly loses their shit over the smallest nontroversy on the left. But the second someone fakes their entire existence, they're quiet. And when they're forced to address it, they deflect, distract and attempt to deny.

The modern right's entire political strategy is to be an outrage machine about the left. Thank fucking god we got rid of asbestos and CFCs before 2010, because you know that if we were trying to legislate those things out of existence now, the right would be screaming about it.

But hey, at least the right is getting themselves killed off with covid denial and anti vaxx rhetoric. Maybe the GQP will start touting the good of the vaccine once they finally realize all of their boomer voters are dying far more rapidly than expected?
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    LMAO, the right utterly loses their shit over the smallest nontroversy on the left.
    WE NEED TO SEE THE VISITOR LOGS FOR BIDENS PERSONAL HOUSE!!!! HE MAY NOT HAVE TAKEN DOCUMENTS INTENTIONALLY BUT WE NEED OVERSIGHT!

UwU who needs to see the Maralago visitor logs despite hundreds of documents being stashed in publicly accessible closets UwU He took them intentionally and fought the Archives and DoJ for over a year over them? UwU he was just a private citizen, leave him alone UwU

This is being a good conservative, apparently.

15+ Year Old Account
    WE NEED TO SEE THE VISITOR LOGS FOR BIDENS PERSONAL HOUSE!!!! HE MAY NOT HAVE TAKEN DOCUMENTS INTENTIONALLY BUT WE NEED OVERSIGHT!

UwU who needs to see the Maralago visitor logs despite hundreds of documents being stashed in publicly accessible closets UwU He took them intentionally and fought the Archives and DoJ for over a year over them? UwU he was just a private citizen, leave him alone UwU

The absolute misinformation in the conservative sphere about classified documents is mind boggling.

They've convinced the chuds that:

1. It was illegal for Biden to even see the documents because VP doesn't have classified access. Whoever came up with this one (and anyone who believes it) is utterly fucking stupid to think the SECOND IN CHARGE OF THE UNITED STATES DOESN'T HAVE CLASSIFIED ACCESS.

2. Trump was president so he could and did declassify the documents with his mind. When asked by the probe to provide the documents required to declassify documents, the Trump legal team collectively shrugged their shoulders. Trump never went through the declassification process for those documents. BONUS: After Trump left office on Jan 20, his classified access was revoked since he was considered a national security risk due to Jan 6. Biden's classified access was never revoked, he retained it between 2016 and 2020. Also, if they really believe that a president can declassify with their mind, how can they prove that Obama didn't declassify the documents?

Being in the middle of the main stream conservosphere is painful. The fact that @tehdang doesn't think this is mainstream proves just how out of touch he is with his own party. That or really determined to deny it. But he also seems perfectly fine with a congressional member with a completely fabricated past... as long as it maintains their narrow majority.

And as a bonus, yes conservatives, please leave your gas stoves burning just to own the libs. Please please do it. To anyone unaware, the backlash to attempting to phase out gas stoves in the US, conservatives collectively lost their minds and several of them said they were running their gas stoves just to own the libs. I hope they continue to do so. Come to think of it, I haven't heard from many of them since then...
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Let me know if you start the fund to pay me a salary.
    Honestly, somebody paying you to write the things you do would be slightly more palatable than the alternative: that you're to discussion of GOP policy what dribbles is to Brexit or Varx to all things feminism instead of a paid troll like Shalcker.
    Last edited by Mekh; 2023-01-16 at 12:19 AM.
    “There you stand, the good man doing nothing. And while evil triumphs, and your rigid pacifism crumbles to blood stained dust, the only victory afforded to you is that you stuck true to your guns.”

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    Or is it just more of the "if you don't support Israel you're antisemitic" nonsense that is, itself, antisemtically conflating Jewish people with Israel as a nation?
    That's funny because Isrealis aren't even supporting the right wing Isreali government right now.

- - - Updated - - -

No, it's even more dumb...they want the visitor logs of the WH, not his Delaware home, lol

10+ Year Old Account
    they want the visitor logs of the WH, not his Delaware home
    Didn't Trump block the WH visitor logs? And, as always, when I say "didn't he" I mean "here is the link".

Just adding to the hypocrisy.

10+ Year Old Account
    The absolute misinformation in the conservative sphere about classified documents is mind boggling.

They've convinced the chuds that:

1. It was illegal for Biden to even see the documents because VP doesn't have classified access. Whoever came up with this one (and anyone who believes it) is utterly fucking stupid to think the SECOND IN CHARGE OF THE UNITED STATES DOESN'T HAVE CLASSIFIED ACCESS.

2. Trump was president so he could and did declassify the documents with his mind. When asked by the probe to provide the documents required to declassify documents, the Trump legal team collectively shrugged their shoulders. Trump never went through the declassification process for those documents. BONUS: After Trump left office on Jan 20, his classified access was revoked since he was considered a national security risk due to Jan 6. Biden's classified access was never revoked, he retained it between 2016 and 2020. Also, if they really believe that a president can declassify with their mind, how can they prove that Obama didn't declassify the documents?

Being in the middle of the main stream conservosphere is painful. The fact that @tehdang doesn't think this is mainstream proves just how out of touch he is with his own party. That or really determined to deny it. But he also seems perfectly fine with a congressional member with a completely fabricated past... as long as it maintains their narrow majority.
    I will say, as one definitely not on that side of the sphere, while at worst this is a "wagged finger" level of bad, it's also an embarrassing situation. I don't think it would warrant impeachment, obviously. I do think it's embarrassing enough that they should be encouraging Biden to step aside and "anoint a successor" for 2024, just to put all this firmly in the rear view. Plus the "ancient lich from beyond time" factor going on, which is absolutely bipartisan, but seriously, he'll be an octogenarian when he runs in '24, maybe try someone who didn't see the Moon landing live on TV, as an adult?

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    I will say, as one definitely not on that side of the sphere, while at worst this is a "wagged finger" level of bad, it's also an embarrassing situation. I don't think it would warrant impeachment, obviously. I do think it's embarrassing enough that they should be encouraging Biden to step aside and "anoint a successor" for 2024, just to put all this firmly in the rear view. Plus the "ancient lich from beyond time" factor going on, which is absolutely bipartisan, but seriously, he'll be an octogenarian when he runs in '24, maybe try someone who didn't see the Moon landing live on TV, as an adult?
    I 100% agree on his age. If it came down to Biden/Trump or some other right wing loon again I'd choose Biden. Easy contest. But I'd rather see someone younger and a little more in touch with younger folks.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulForge View Post
    I 100% agree on his age. If it came down to Biden/Trump or some other right wing loon again I'd choose Biden. Easy contest. But I'd rather see someone younger and a little more in touch with younger folks.
    He may very will step aside, but he shouldn’t announce that till the last moment.

The instant he does, the GOP will pivot to lying and slandering them till the election.

The one thing Clinton should have done was let them think she was running till the end and then stepped aside so all their energy they spent would have been wasted.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Well the addition of Jewish people is new, but oh boy is this incredibly dishonest, wrong, and posted in bad faith. Also, seemingly irrelevant to anything discussed in this thread.
    I'm responding to inaccuracies in Fugus's post, so flail a little bit in his direction if you're deeply concerned about post relevance. Everything after accusations of "dishonest, wrong, and posted in bad faith" and "you seem to be flailing pretty hard" is ignored in the hopes that you engage in less poisoning of the dialogue in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    The demand for racists and zealots may be increasing within the Republican party, but that is because the supply of racist and zealots within the overall population is declining.

You can try and rename it a million times, it doesn't change the fact that those views are dying out within the overall population with that group having gone from the norm to fringe and will increasingly becoming a smaller fringe as time goes on.
    Luckily for me, the process of aging in a population acquaints the younger generations with the same cognitive dissonance between what they personally believe is true about the world and <the world>. And you had better, for your own sake, acquaint yourself with how much your rhetoric demands the existence of bad people on the other side. It's that demand that is currently trying to fit more and more people into your "racists" and "zealots" category. As I've detailed, and as you've refused to take up.

Don't know why what happens when your Republicans cut IRS spending is difficult for you to grasp...guess it's one of those tough pills. Just imagine if the Republicans consumption tax is thrown into the mix, along with all their proposed cuts to Medicare and Social Security since they refuse to cut defense budget even after the Pentagon has failed 5 audits in a row amounting to trillions of dollars that they cannot even account for. You aren't fleecing anyone here.
    It sounds like you'll have to engage with history as more than "word salad" in order to understand that evidence in the forms of bills and what inspired them cannot be ignored.

LMAO, the right utterly loses their shit over the smallest nontroversy on the left.
    I'll take this as a complement from somebody that labels the entire opposition party as the GQP. "Losing their shit" is exactly how I'd describe it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mekh View Post
    Honestly, somebody paying you to write the things you do would be slightly more palatable than the alternative: that you're to discussion of GOP policy what dribbles is to Brexit or Varx to all things feminism instead of a paid troll like Shalcker.
    Again, let me know if you're serious in this proposal.

The fact that @tehdang doesn't think this is mainstream proves just how out of touch he is with his own party.
    It is a little mainstream to question why Biden possessed classified documents over a greater period of time after he left office, and stored them without legal right, and never possessed the ability to declassify them prior to the act.

The chuckles about visitor logs is a bit of fun trolling about the left, as they desperately try to spin this issue as not totally destructive to Biden's rhetoric on Trump's treatment of classified documents. Biden literally got up and defended his violation of the law on classified documents as A-OK, because he locks his Corvette in the same garage. I got to hand it to the left. "We're allowed to troll Trump about Mar A Lago access, but you aren't allowed to troll us about the multiple locations and unknown number of documents for Biden."

But his office has referred all questions to the special counsel, so he gets to stonewall about how many documents and what level of classification until and unless the FBI conducts a raid and leaks the information itself.
    "I wish it need not have happened in my time." "So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

I'm responding to inaccuracies in Fugus's post, so flail a little bit in his direction if you're deeply concerned about post relevance.
    But you're the one bringing Jewish people into this discussion.

Yet here you are, appearing to blame someone else for it.

Weird how Republicans keep blaming everyone else for things they choose to do all on their own.

7+ Year Old Account
    right wing blabber
    Nothing you've replied has been relevant because it's be all of 7 years since the last time the Republicans reduced IRS funding. The Vietnam War has fuck all to do with it. Bless your heart.

RE: Biden - It's 15 documents, 1 of which was labeled as TS. There isn't any stonewalling, shit's been public knowledge from the time the documents were handed over to the Archives.
    Last edited by bladeXcrasher; 2023-01-16 at 06:36 PM.