Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    No, because you can gain skill, you can lose skill. Are you trolling me right now...?
    Still no difference. You can gain and lose bodily function or mental capacity, too.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethas View Post
    Don’t get raider.io - its a spyware.
    One less person to have to worry about.

For the rest of us, raider.io is an amazing tool with an incredible amount of stats reducing the headaches so many threads on this forum, alone, complain about.

Personally, I started using raider.io early on in BfA up through the last point release of SL.

Quote Originally Posted by kaelix1 View Post
    On the contrary, you are the one embarrassing yourself, there are tools to judge to a degree the competence of other people, but ignoring this, you are still reaching, the advice was to leave if you see red signs, that still apply, you are the one that changed the narrative of the advice to fit your views
    They didn't change the narrative. They simply read what OP typed and understood what OP typed. You're the one over here implying that shit like raider.io will tell you if a person is going to int your key.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alroxas View Post
    I think I recall a weak aura that some healers used to basically /yell whenever stacks got up past 5 on bursting. Alternatively just heal yourself and the tank. If DPS dies maybe they will learn. If DPS complains, I point to how many stacks they are at and also mention that mass dispel would have been used unless it's on cooldown.

Also good is the weak aura that tells the party when the healer is near OOM (and at OOM). Sometimes tanks just need a gentle yet firm shove that the healer isn't ready yet for the next pack.
    Thats a pretty shit take considering the tank is usually the one pulling the triple pack of low hp mobs knowing every other ability in the game cleaves or does aoe. But I'm guessing you would also be the one getting tilted because the dps are pulling low numbers when they have to stop attacking or they get raged at by you for killing mobs during bursting week.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    Still no difference. You can gain and lose bodily function or mental capacity, too.
    The difference being, those are almost entirely out of your control. If someone is fucking blind, I'm not going to tell them to, "Just SEE IT already, come on, stop being blind!" Whereas, "Maybe try practicing the game, watching guides, and getting good at the game before joining ranked" would work just fine. Do I really need to explain the difference here? No, nevermind. I'm pretty sure you're just trolling me and refusing to accept that there are things that you can't change about yourself, and discriminating against someone because of those things is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Mardux View Post
    They didn't change the narrative. They simply read what OP typed and understood what OP typed. You're the one over here implying that shit like raider.io will tell you if a person is going to int your key.
    Or wait for it, inspect your party when you join, can't relly miss blue/green gear do you?

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Wait. This dude unironically thinks Raider.io is spyware? Holy fuck lmfao
    It is also funny when you complain on official forums that someone stole your account.

It is also funny when you complain on official forums that someone stole your account.
    You dodge the question which part of raider.io exactly you think is spyware.

Quote Originally Posted by Verissaugh View Post
    Hes apparently targetting you when you are arguing OP's standpoint. Its quite funny to read in a way since he deliberately ignores everything else you say and only targets the exact thing he can use as arguement without reading anything else. Quite alot of ppl do that these days on the forum, always funny to read xd
    ''I keep seeing those tank/dps that have half their gear blue/green and barely know how to mitigate joining some + 12 and + 13. They got like one purple from mythic + which is probably coming from the key they bought.

How am I suppose to keep them alive if they get one shotted?''

Here is exactly what OP is saying, how exactly i only target what i want? he has the option to leave once those people join his group, why start a key with them, why is he putting himself in that situation, so no bud, I'm not targeting what i want, I just pointing out the obvious, you and the other guy seem to have a narrative, the advice he got with 'just leave' is normal and have nothing to do with the threat that want people to get deserter IF THEY LEAVE A KEY IN PROGRESS

I can see the draw in wanting a more fair world... it sucks that when you spin up a 20 you get flooded with healers that can't time a 16 and when you try to run a 16 you wait an hour for a healer who cant heal a 12.

I just realize that any attempt to regualte that would be a nightmare.

Quote Originally Posted by kaelix1 View Post
    ''I keep seeing those tank/dps that have half their gear blue/green and barely know how to mitigate joining some + 12 and + 13. They got like one purple from mythic + which is probably coming from the key they bought.

How am I suppose to keep them alive if they get one shotted?''

Here is exactly what OP is saying, how exactly i only target what i want? he has the option to leave once those people join his group, why start a key with them, why is he putting himself in that situation, so no bud, I'm not targeting what i want, I just pointing out the obvious, you and the other guy seem to have a narrative, the advice he got with 'just leave' is normal and have nothing to do with the threat that want people to get deserter IF THEY LEAVE A KEY IN PROGRESS
    I mean, yes and no. Hes questioning how he keeps them alive if one shot. People could also give those other ppl a shot since if they are joining a key, you could believe they know what they are doing or atleast somewhat of it. But if you can decide which ppl you bring? Sure, ofc you can, its your key, you can bring any player. Does that mean the player is good that you pick up? No. Ive had funny enough a few ppl in high keys whos completed keys and all that still fail to simple things but also not using their trinkets etc. So you saying "you can decide to pick up a world class player or not" isnt always true but you seem to believe that. Almost like you can see the future.

and ive never argued about deserter in m+ since it wont do jack shit. If ppl leave they leave even if theres is a insignificant punishment for it.

You are quite hellbent on the option where you can fully know how good a person truly is by seeing into the future before you start a key. You can somewhat prevent certain things, but does not tell the entire story.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    The difference being, those are almost entirely out of your control. If someone is fucking blind, I'm not going to tell them to, "Just SEE IT already, come on, stop being blind!" Whereas, "Maybe try practicing the game, watching guides, and getting good at the game before joining ranked" would work just fine. Do I really need to explain the difference here? No, nevermind. I'm pretty sure you're just trolling me and refusing to accept that there are things that you can't change about yourself, and discriminating against someone because of those things is wrong.
    Point is these things are too ambiguous to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Action View Post
    I can see the draw in wanting a more fair world... it sucks that when you spin up a 20 you get flooded with healers that can't time a 16 and when you try to run a 16 you wait an hour for a healer who cant heal a 12.

I just realize that any attempt to regualte that would be a nightmare.
    You've got it the wrong way round. There are still plenty of good healers queuing (though obviously the quality of the candidates is represented by the quality of the leader - e.g. if the leader is 1800io posting a +17 HOV, they'd be unlikely to get any good healers queuing).

But I do agree with the premise of your comment - while a healer can generally get into a pug suited to their IO, this is not the case for DPS. Because there is so much competition between DPS, you often have to be 2800io with 410+ ilvl playing a DH or rogue to get into 16s, which is unfortunate but just a classic example of supply and demand.

If it's so good being a tank/healer then everyone would play one. But most prefer the convenience and lack of responsibility playing DPS.

I mean even last night doing RLP 18, our hunter got one shot by the second meteor. We then spent another couple of minutes having to 4 man the boss (and fortunately did kill it). If they had been playing a tank and healer and did that, it would have been a guaranteed wipe.

I honestly never saw people swearing at me as a healer if we wipe. So I tend to endure to the end of the dungeon no matter what even when some of the group is undergeared and we won’t time the dungeon. Just don’t be toxic and keep playing. Don’t leave unless the party itself disbands.

- - - Updated - - -

Don’t get raider.io - its a spyware.
    That's true i've had alot of groups disband in the 17-18 range, it's mostly dps failing interput/mechanics or tank dying
    rarely people cuss at healer, OP must've had 1-2 bad groups and judged

Quote Originally Posted by Lordofbelbol View Post
    That's true i've had alot of groups disband in the 17-18 range, it's mostly dps failing interput/mechanics or tank dying
    rarely people cuss at healer, OP must've had 1-2 bad groups and judged
    I was a a bit late to this season, and I have to say it was pure hell climbing out of low/mid-skilled player range.

I lost count of how many times a DPS would die to an obvious, easily avoidable ability, and their first response would be to type "heals???" in chat.

It got so bad, I enabled ElitismHelper so it would post in chat:

[Instance] Anzen: "Demonhunterftw got hit by [Frontal Cleave] for 420k"
    Demonhunterftw has died.

And even despite this, I'd still occassionally get blamed for a players death to a one shot mechanic.

This doesn't really happen in higher level keys though fortunately. Usually people type 'mb' if they die to something dumb.

Higher level keys are just much more enjoyable in general as a healer (and easier in a lot of ways).

did that ever happen to someone ? got their account stolen cus of raider io ??