Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    So the tiger mount really is one mount that will just switch color depending on the time, huh?

Yikes.

Blizzard puts mounts and transmog in the store, people complain and want to be able to obtain it in-game.

Blizzard does that and people still complain.

Never change, folks.

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    Those all have catch up mechanics tied to them though.

miss the caps and the remainder is applied to the new cap.

Trading Post's 1000 Tender bonus doesn't seem to have that kind of system in place. You miss that cap, it looks like you reset to 0 Tender at the first of the month. What happens to the bonus you get for hitting that 1000 Tender? See above.

- - - Updated - - -

[Citation Needed]

Erm. What? What happens to your Valor and Conquest at the start of a new season then?

THIS IS AMAZING!!!!! Good job Blizzard!!!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Auxis View Post
    That looks like a dracthyr trying out the bow when it first appears. I've heard people arguing its just a human wearing the some dracthyr armour from the upcoming zone, but you see them at the end having chosen a good and cape combo - you can see the same horns. I wonder if this is a hint, or if it's just Blizz teasing us about dracthyr class combos?

You are correct it is a dracthyr, youcan see the scales on its forehead/arms.
    however while it is trying on the bow, anyone can, you can see on the right "BOW" in red sadly. so it may be a hint, but this is not a sneak peak sadly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    Not arguing about the fact mounts, pets and mogs are cool things to focus on in WoW. Only that the new system, which coincidentally has them as rewards, looks suspiciously close to predatory systems seen in mobile games, that focuses on a mix of FOMO and engagement tracking. And can be expanded into a pay-to-obtain one with a premium line, which happens 99% of the time with those systems.

Of course this is just an explanation of a reasoning why some people might criticize the system, it might turn out to be neither of the above, and even if it doesn't you might enjoy it anyway. In that way, you win.
    diablo 3 has had this same system for over 10 years.
    so while sometimes it does, it does not always.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Blizzard confirmed that the traders tender will carry over to next month

https://twitter.com/Warcraft/status/...rF1WOuktA&s=19
    Last edited by Kharli; 2023-01-27 at 02:23 AM. Reason: Removed old link and added direct link to blizzards response

What I don't get is why the need for the "FOMO" aspect for lack of a better term.

You're limited to 1000 tenders a month, yes you can freeze one item but why even have that system at all? If they really have zero plans to monetize it why not just have everything available at all times and you can just buy what you want at your leisure?
    Why make players have worry about will I have enough coins to get the things I want next month? if I spend x tenders this month will I have enough next month if the thing I wanted is in rotation? If I have to pick between A or B this month how long will I have to wait for A or B to rotate back in?

Blizzard have done themselves no favour's in dispelling fears this will eventually be monetized since they pointlessly added rotating shop which is one of the main predatory tools MTX games use to try make you impulsively spend money because of FOMO.
    If anything they are giving ammunition to the thought they WILL monetize it eventually because they have needlessly used a prevalent scummy tactic MTX games use.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shattered Star View Post
    What I don't get is why the need for the "FOMO" aspect for lack of a better term.

You're limited to 1000 tenders a month, yes you can freeze one item but why even have that system at all? If they really have zero plans to monetize it why not just have everything available at all times and you can just buy what you want at your leisure?
    Why make players have worry about will I have enough coins to get the things I want next month? if I spend x tenders this month will I have enough next month if the thing I wanted is in rotation? If I have to pick between A or B this month how long will I have to wait for A or B to rotate back in?

Blizzard have done themselves no favour's in dispelling fears this will eventually be monetized since they pointlessly added rotating shop which is one of the main predatory tools MTX games use to try make you impulsively spend money because of FOMO.
    If anything they are giving ammunition to the thought they WILL monetize it eventually because they have needlessly used a prevalent scummy tactic MTX games use.
    if you dont have enough what you want for next month you can freeze it, or wait till it rotates back through. the reason for the rotation is so we dont have a shop with 300 different options eventually.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    If you had said ten years ago that an official World of Warcraft video would have this as the thumbnail, you would have been laughed off the forum.

How did we go from this:

To this?

This isn't Warcraft.
    How you ask? From all the people that keep agreeing that Blizzard's cartooney style is "better."

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    if you dont have enough what you want for next month you can freeze it, or wait till it rotates back through. the reason for the rotation is so we dont have a shop with 300 different options eventually.
    The freezing tho is a poor solution to a problem of Blizzards own making. What if you freeze something and the next month has something else you want? ok you freeze that, next month there's 2 things, you cant buy the thing you froze last month AND buy one of the current months things and you can only freeze one..etc etc, Its just literally a problem that doesn't need to exist IF you have no future plans that require this proven psychological fomo tactic like monetization.

You say its so we don't have 300 items, we aren't all dumb as much as mmo champ would make one question that, I doubt most players would have issue looking through a shop of 300items if its properly categorised and organised, hell there's a far bigger list of mounts to chose from and the mount menu ingame is wank, but fair point but here's the issue again.

If there's 300 items and say only 20 items a month to pick from, that thing you wanted 1st month that unfortunately fell on a month there were 2 other items you wanted so you bought 1 froze another, now you could potentially be waiting up to 15months before that rotates back in, now there's player friction, annoyance, cries of I quit, that could have been completely avoided if they had just made it an open shop. It will also be annoying when there's dead months where there's nothing you want, would have been real nice to have been able to buy that item I really wanted 2 month ago but guess ill wait potentially another year+ for it to rotate back. This is ofc assuming there's not frequent additions to the store in that period you're waiting for the thing to come back.

And honestly if it gets to a point there's 300 items and its NOT monetized, Id be asking why there's a need for 300 items in the trading post when alot of that could be added in game as rewards or treasures, because for something like the trading post there needs to be a healthy balance of enough items for people to engage with the content but not too many that it becomes near impossible to get things because too many items and not enough currency means there becomes a demand for way to get more currency.

Of course at that point Blizzard actually starts their selective listening to player feedback and offer ways to earn more currency and lo n behold its now monetized..... But Blizzard are the good guys now because they are just listening to the playerbase they didn't "want" to monetize it but we the players forced their hand. Crackpot tinfoil hat theory, but not unrealistic.

I think the whole idea of trading post is great but either Blizzard have made silly decisions by adding an unnecessary system that has its roots in predatory MTX shops thus creating this air of doubt that this system isnt going to end up monetized and turning what should just be an out the park homerun into a cautiously optimistic feature, or they are setting the ground work for eventual monetization.

Quote Originally Posted by Shattered Star View Post
    The freezing tho is a poor solution to a problem of Blizzards own making. What if you freeze something and the next month has something else you want? ok you freeze that, next month there's 2 things, you cant buy the thing you froze last month AND buy one of the current months things and you can only freeze one..etc etc, Its just literally a problem that doesn't need to exist IF you have no future plans that require this proven psychological fomo tactic like monetization.

You say its so we don't have 300 items, we aren't all dumb as much as mmo champ would make one question that, I doubt most players would have issue looking through a shop of 300items if its properly categorised and organised, hell there's a far bigger list of mounts to chose from and the mount menu ingame is wank, but fair point but here's the issue again.

If there's 300 items and say only 20 items a month to pick from, that thing you wanted 1st month that unfortunately fell on a month there were 2 other items you wanted so you bought 1 froze another, now you could potentially be waiting up to 15months before that rotates back in, now there's player friction, annoyance, cries of I quit, that could have been completely avoided if they had just made it an open shop. It will also be annoying when there's dead months where there's nothing you want, would have been real nice to have been able to buy that item I really wanted 2 month ago but guess ill wait potentially another year+ for it to rotate back. This is ofc assuming there's not frequent additions to the store in that period you're waiting for the thing to come back.

And honestly if it gets to a point there's 300 items and its NOT monetized, Id be asking why there's a need for 300 items in the trading post when alot of that could be added in game as rewards or treasures, because for something like the trading post there needs to be a healthy balance of enough items for people to engage with the content but not too many that it becomes near impossible to get things because too many items and not enough currency means there becomes a demand for way to get more currency.

Of course at that point Blizzard actually starts their selective listening to player feedback and offer ways to earn more currency and lo n behold its now monetized..... But Blizzard are the good guys now because they are just listening to the playerbase they didn't "want" to monetize it but we the players forced their hand. Crackpot tinfoil hat theory, but not unrealistic.

I think the whole idea of trading post is great but either Blizzard have made silly decisions by adding an unnecessary system that has its roots in predatory MTX shops thus creating this air of doubt that this system isnt going to end up monetized and turning what should just be an out the park homerun into a cautiously optimistic feature, or they are setting the ground work for eventual monetization.
    Finally someone who can think forward more than 1 month. Thank you.

Do people even know what a battle pass is? Or do they just like saying the word?

Sorry but I'd rather flick through 12-20 pages of vendor items than this ridiculous rotation FOMO.

We already saw how ridiculous this was with the Corruptions vendor in BfA.

3+ Year Old Account
    Aww they used a Zandalari for an example of a player!
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

On one hand, this is definitely artificial scarcity which is an anti-consumer practice. On the other hand, any form of scarcity in a digital product is artificial anyway and that has been around in WoW for quite some time. I think it should not affect most people but people who just want to collect everything will absolutely be affected. Given there is no further monetization to bypass the restriction . . .I just don't get why it is there in the first place.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Okay sometimes you guys cross the line from reasonable optimist to delusional. The reason for the rotation is that they want people to have a reason to check up on the game every month. They want you to see something cool that you missed out on and check every month to see if it's back. They want people that were sitting on months of unspent tender to check back and see if there's anything cool to finally spend it on. They want people that are taking breaks from the game to have a reason to keep it in the back of their head.

There's obviously a lot of business-level thought behind this, but that's not a bad thing. Just because they're doing something that is good for them doesn't undue the fact that it is also good for players.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm maybe it will be just extra few $ to sub for actual subbers of if participate in this and WoW is goin F2P with battle pass ?! They were just sellin 1y sub promo like that never ever happen before.

When will they add the currency to the blizz store?

Currently don’t play retail, But would be nice to be able to buy FOMO cosmetics any way.

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

Quote Originally Posted by Nalam the Venom View Post
    When will they add the currency to the blizz store?

Currently don’t play retail, But would be nice to be able to buy FOMO cosmetics any way.
    Why do some people look at something really nice and think... "Fuck, I REALLY wanna ruin this thing."?

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Why do some people look at something really nice and think... "Fuck, I REALLY wanna ruin this thing."?
    How does getting more coins through payment ruin any thing for people who you just want to stay in the F2P path?

If i want to get 2000-3000 per month and others choose to stay at the 1000 per month then how does that ruin the system?

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz