Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuor View Post
    But the assholes that are demanding 4k GS to run them are...
    Yes, this has not been a great time for my fresh 80 warrior tank, not much opportunity to "catch up" with things as they are. It was easier to gear a fresh 80 before.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Yes, this has not been a great time for my fresh 80 warrior tank, not much opportunity to "catch up" with things as they are. It was easier to gear a fresh 80 before.
    The proplem this was intended to be a gear up feature.

No one doing normal HC's, and assholes demanding 4kgs to rin HC+... Really not good for a fresh 80.

But the assholes that are demanding 4k GS to run them are...
    I play on Maladath and people are happy just to fill a group no one's worried about gear.

Sounds like a server that has a population problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    I play on Maladath and people are happy just to fill a group no one's worried about gear.

Sounds like a server that has a population problem.
    Mirage raceway... nerds every where .

The proplem this was intended to be a gear up feature.

No one doing normal HC's, and assholes demanding 4kgs to rin HC+... Really not good for a fresh 80.
    You can form your own group. It doesnt matter your role. Groups form in minutes.

Worried more about it being a dead feature. Like, sure, right now people are doing it because they want the badges and stuff. I also think they are mildly entertaining. But if your guild is even clearing normal mode Ulduar, you are doing 10 man Ulduar, and doing the daily you are just about dried up on your main for need of badges. So the curve for their popularity has got to be on the downward trajectory. They are fairly easy on mains, but fairly annoying on under geared alts. To the point of it just being a TON easier just hit up a 10 man Naxx and jump right into 25 man Naxx gear. Or hit a 25 man Naxx and gear even faster. So for the characters the content is kind of for, the catch up, well... Naxx10 and 25 is just a faster more efficient means to that end unless you are god awful unlucky. So for the feature to really continue to be valid they are going to need to adjust the affix situation on phases and update its loot.. or it will just be the mindless daily people do for the first 2-4 weeks of the phase and then 5 mans die again. So, I don't think the feature is bad. I just worry that they put a lot of work into this and its kinda DOA after the rush dies off here at the start.

Having done a few more of them I'd say a few are harder numbers wise than Naxx 10, so I definitely agree that Naxx 10 is a better avenue to gearing up.

I disagree they'll drop off quite as much as you think, though, people are forever gearing alts and helping out friends.
    Raid bosses will always be very similar so long as encounter design requires DPS to always be pumping 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by Acelius View Post
    Pretty good catch-up mechanics honestly. Easier Naxx25 gear for casual raiders and easier Naxx10 gear for new alts. I just with they kept the 50% xp buff permanently.
    the 50% buff is a good carrot to dangle late in each phase. It helps keep servers from going dead.

H+ dungeons are harder than Naxx for the same gear. They're kind of pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    I didn't know the players were employees. You can't honestly be blaming the player for Blizzard not allocating the appropriate resources.
    And no company releases bug-free software. It's just what it is. I'm glad we get timely fixes, even if I'd like them to be faster.

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    Yes. The whole H+ situation is a shitshow in mid-low populated servers. At the very least, Blizzard should incorporate a separate tab for H+ in the LFG tool, some people have even stopped bothering with doing dungeons because of this situation. Then you have the issue I just quoted: they are too difficult to do for the intented gear while Nax 10/VoA10/VoA25 are easier to do for the same/better (and more) gear. On top of that, just do some Wintergrasp and in a couple of weeks you will have 5-6 lv232 pvp items that might not be perfect for pve, but they most definitely are good enough to bypass H+ with less hustle.

Right now I'm getting what I need by spotting a healer with a "regular H" note, inviting then listing and holy cow, 3 DPS will apply within 10 seconds.

Funniest part for today? One guy tells me he's 4.4k gs. I'm like, "...this is regular H. You cool?" He replies, "Yup." Another guy in the party says how he just came from a "nightmare H+ and I think I want a change of pace."

Does LFG show role when someone requests to join? It all happens so fast. If it does I'm listing as a tank and never looking back.

10+ Year Old Account
    The changes are good and demographics prove it, Ironforge.pro displays population increase over last two weeks

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ermelloth View Post
    The changes are good and demographics prove it, Ironforge.pro displays population increase over last two weeks
    Cuz nothing else happened in the past two weeks like a raid release or anything.
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Celarent View Post
    Does LFG show role when someone requests to join? It all happens so fast. If it does I'm listing as a tank and never looking back.
    No, when someone requests an invite, it doesn't show until you've declined the person who made the first request.

The tool being terrible is basically a feature that was supposed to encourage people talking to each other, which just isn't how it works.

Population increase from stale Naxx. I don't want to shit on it because I like the content, but I feel like way fewer people than expected came back for Ulduar, and even Gehennas feels a lot deader than I would expect it. Getting a 10 man group is pretty hard actually, and filling a 25 man takes a lot longer than it used to.

I'm enjoying it in a guild, but I'd like it to be more alive for my alts.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    No, when someone requests an invite, it doesn't show until you've declined the person who made the first request.

The tool being terrible is basically a feature that was supposed to encourage people talking to each other, which just isn't how it works.
    Dang. Maybe there's some intersection with an addon ID'ing class. Like, click the name, see the class in a whisper so I don't have to /who with umlauts. Something like that. Or maybe an offer to a healer in /lfg or Trade with promise of fast DPS. Chilling with a regular heroic is worth it to me. I'm willing to spend a few minutes to get it together.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celarent View Post
    Dang. Maybe there's some intersection with an addon ID'ing class. Like, click the name, see the class in a whisper so I don't have to /who with umlauts. Something like that. Or maybe an offer to a healer in /lfg or Trade with promise of fast DPS. Chilling with a regular heroic is worth it to me. I'm willing to spend a few minutes to get it together.
    last patch seems to have made it so people's class colors show up in the LFG tool.

When I form a group on LFG I put in "H+, please whisper first" and auto decline requests. If they can't do something as simple as follow an easy instruction like that then its going to be a bad time.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    But it lets you target specific gear with only 5 people, with a more frequent lockout.

I think it has played out what HC+ really means for the game. It's a place to farm 3 extra daily conquest with other raid geared people while new players and alts sit around watching tumbleweed because nobody runs normal HC dungeons anymore and nobody wants to do HC+ with shit geared players.

Altogether I'd call it a bit of a disaster, but I don't care because I 5 badges a day adds up pretty quickly.

Lmao, it's almost like they released a new raid!
    Probably running on a Pentium 4