Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    The Dead Space remake barely looks different than the original.
    Congrats on the most insane take in this thread. The game looks an entire 2 generations ahead of the original because shockingly, it's 2 generations of rendering tech between them. This is even worse than the insane cope of people that think TLOU remake looks like the OG, because at least that was a very late PS3 game pushing the system to its actual limits Dead Space was still an early gen PS3/360 game and looks like it, no matter what res you're running it at on PC.

This is closer to a Demon's Souls OG to remake situation and is a massive improvement to not only overall graphics but the actual atmosphere of the game due to the leaps lighting, particle and fog rendering have went through over the years.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2023-02-02 at 10:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

Erm...there is no reality in which this is true, even for the PC version as that's still limited by the quality of assets at the time regardless of resolution.

Not to mention that yes, they've actually changed a fair amount including making the Ishimura "seemless" and remove loading screens and adding the "director" which I don't believe the original had either.
    There is a reality in which it's true. THIS reality. I still own the original game. I compared the two and found that they look almost identical. Buying the remake is basically the same amount of wasteful as setting the money on fire if you still own the original. Add to that EA being a piece of shit company and there is plenty of reasons to NOT buy the remake.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Congrats on the most insane take in this thread. The game looks an entire 2 generations ahead of the original because shockingly, it's 2 generations of rendering tech between them. This is even worse than the insane cope of people that think TLOU remake looks like the OG, because at least that was a very late PS3 game pushing the system to its actual limits Dead Space was still an early gen PS3/360 game and looks like it, no matter what res you're running it at on PC.

This is closer to a Demon's Souls OG to remake situation and is a massive improvement to not only overall graphics but the actual atmosphere of the game due to the leaps lighting, particle and fog rendering have went through over the years.
    No it really doesn't. I don't know what games you're playing but you're clearly not playing Dead Space.

And TLOU remake DOES look almost identical to the original. that's another game that's a massive waste of money.

There is a reality in which it's true. THIS reality. I still own the original game. I compared the two and found that they look almost identical. Buying the remake is basically the same amount of wasteful as setting the money on fire if you still own the original. Add to that EA being a piece of shit company and there is plenty of reasons to NOT buy the remake.
    I own the original on PC as well. I haven't booted it up recently, but finding a 4K video -

You're welcome to your opinions and all, but you're objectively wrong here. The OG game still looks pretty good on PC, but it is absolutely showing its age in comparison to the remake.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I own the original on PC as well. I haven't booted it up recently, but finding a 4K video -

You're welcome to your opinions and all, but you're objectively wrong here. The OG game still looks pretty good on PC, but it is absolutely showing its age in comparison to the remake.
    "You're objectively wrong because of my subjective take on this topic." Ok, buddy.

No it really doesn't. I don't know what games you're playing but you're clearly not playing Dead Space.

And TLOU remake DOES look almost identical to the original. that's another game that's a massive waste of money.
    I suggest a trip to the eye doctor.

My dude is unironically trying to die on the hill claiming games made for PS3/2009ish PCs look the same as games made for PS5/XS/Modern PCs.

Either you're hard baiting or you need glasses.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2023-02-02 at 11:02 PM.

I suggest a trip to the eye doctor.
    I suggest you come up with a legitimate point instead of throwing around ad hominem.

I suggest you come up with a legitimate point instead of throwing around ad hominem.
    The point is it's a fact 2009 assets and rendering look far than 2022 assets and rendering. I'm sorry it flew over your head and you think this is some debate about opinions.

The point is it's a fact 2009 assets and rendering look far than 2022 assets and rendering. I'm sorry it flew over your head and you think this is some debate about opinions.
    It's not a fact but whatever you say, little guy.

Okay, a better question then. What remakes do you consider worth buying? Because this one is up there with Demon's Souls, Resident Evil 1 or Black Mesa. They remade the entire thing from the ground up, kept what worked, changed what didn't, what else could you ask from it?

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    Okay, a better question then. What remakes do you consider worth buying? Because this one is up there with Demon's Souls, Resident Evil 1 or Black Mesa. They remade the entire thing from the ground up, kept what worked, changed what didn't, what else could you ask from it?
    No it's really really not. original Demon's Souls looked awful but the remake actually improved on it significantly. Same can be said for RE 1 and Black Mesa. Meanwhile, remakes like TLOU and Dead Space are barely different and are nothing but cash grabs. It's the same level of bullshit as all the meaningless Skyrim "remasters".

Dead Space wasn't even a pillar of it's own genre let alone of gaming. It's a miracle it got 2 sequels and no surprise the 3rd was a pretty big shift to try and attract a bigger audience. It's a cult classic that never did huge numbers. This is called being completely out of touch with reality.

I know people like to hype up some bs narrative that Dead Space was a Bioshock or Mass Effect level game in that gen but it's just not true and the people hyping it up are the ones that bought the game for 5 bucks on a steam sale years after it came out. The original dead space didn't even break half a million units sold in it's launch year and fire sales on steam aren't funding AAA development.
    Isnt it a bit unfair to compare the Dead Space 1 sales numbers?
    That game got out just at the start of a world wide economic crisis.
    Part 2 sold 2 million copies in 1 week (Mass Effect 2 had the same figures in 2 weeks) and Sci-Fi Survivel horror games dont have a big fan base (since we dont have many games like that in the first place).
    Also it got 3 sequels (a good rail-shooter) and a minigame + 2 movies and a few comics and books.

It's not a fact but whatever you say, little guy.
    It's a fact tho, no matter how deep in the sand your head is

Quote Originally Posted by Hotmail View Post
    From what I've seen the Dead Space remake is far more serviceable as a release than The Callisto Protocol.

EA, being a big corpo, doesn't do things "out of spite". They saw the sales and decided to can the series, they do that all the time, doesn't make purchasing an EA game "immoral" because it's not like they touched someone in a nasty place or condoned genocide.
    Callisto protocol was a new game with brand new coding and base settings.

Dead Space Remake, is the same game just put through a graphics engine to update it, and then add a few things to make it **Look different**
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

Quote Originally Posted by Miyagie View Post
    Isnt it a bit unfair to compare the Dead Space 1 sales numbers?
    That game got out just at the start of a world wide economic crisis.
    Part 2 sold 2 million copies in 1 week (Mass Effect 2 had the same figures in 2 weeks) and Sci-Fi Survivel horror games dont have a big fan base (since we dont have many games like that in the first place).
    Also it got 3 sequels (a good rail-shooter) and a minigame + 2 movies and a few comics and books.
    Shipped is not sold. It shipped 2 million units in the first week, it didn't sell that. Especially in 2008 before digital downloads made up the majority of sales a shipped total really meant nothing.

Also as already been quoted:

Speaking in 2017, Wilson said the game ultimately sold four million units worldwide, but the combined marketing and production budget together with fees to Microsoft and Sony meant Electronic Arts considered it a commercial failure.
    It took Madden/BF/FIFA level marketing to get Dead Space 2 to sell what it did, those games sell way more. It did not make EA a good ROI at all. Which ended up in Dead Space 3 trying to monetize in other ways and ultimately killed the franchise until now.

Quote Originally Posted by owbu View Post
    Just went through the releases of those three companies in the last decade to find some good examples for "risky" (as in not a sequel or a live service game) games that I liked. I found Star Wars Fallen Order - a game based on a megapopular IP.

... I think you might be right.
    It Takes Two was published by EA, and I would go as far as to say that was one of the most creative games to come out in the last few years.

It's just paranoia that people seem to think that companies are killing creativity. It's more likely that we're just getting older and seeing more, so it's harder to get that same original impression.

Quote Originally Posted by Kikazz View Post

Dead Space Remake, is the same game just put through a graphics engine to update it, and then add a few things to make it **Look different**
    This is wrong. Dead Space Remake is built from the ground up, it's not porting a game to a new engine lmao. Things that are the same had to be built from the ground up to be the same. Outside of script and concept art it's basically all the same work as making a completely original game. Why people continue to confuse ground up remakes as remasters is beyond me, they are not similar in project scope.

Quote Originally Posted by Kikazz View Post

That is not remotely accurate at all or how remakes work. That's not even how remasters work. Do you have any knowledge or experience with gamedev or are you just writing what sounds good in your head?

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    It Takes Two was published by EA, and I would go as far as to say that was one of the most creative games to come out in the last few years.

It's just paranoia that people seem to think that companies are killing creativity. It's more likely that we're just getting older and seeing more, so it's harder to get that same original impression.
    Haven't heard about that one, will give it a try.
    And I think gaming as a whole is getting more creative, just not in the AAA space. (which might be normal for an industry that is getting more established).
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

Graphical fidelity isn't a subjective view...
    It's measurable. Texture detail, amount of objects, polycount (object detail), lighting techniques, shadow implementation, fog, light rays, decals, animation fidelity, dynamics, reflections, refractions, audio quality and probably lots more I've forgotten to mention.

Not liking something or not caring about the graphics is vastly different from saying "it's barely an upgrade".

Ah yes, this look the same... So does this.

It's fine if you don't understand graphics, but the right one has so much more graphical fidelity it's not even comparable.
    Last edited by Kumorii; 2023-02-03 at 02:31 PM.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

- - - Updated - - -

Incorrect, imo. Old Dead Space is fugly, new Dead Space is vastly improved graphically. It's night and day. What monitor are you using?