Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuben View Post
    It's just one barely-Horde troll settlement on the other side of the zone and a Forsaken research station that felt temporary to begin with. Meanwhile Alliance has a major stronghold one tunnel away from the Wildhammers.

Though I share your sentiment, the status quo nature of the game is boring af.
    The entire zone is full of hostile trolls from the vilebranch and the Revantusk. Not to mention the Forsaken forces at the research station. As long as the Horde holds Andorhal, Tarren Mill and the Sepulcher I think we can secure Lordaeron. And I am sure Hammerfall is still there too. I don't think Stromgarde alone can handle all the Horde alone.

3+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard doesn't like to update zones, but it's probably safe to say that there ARE still a few trolls running around in those ruins, even if they're just ghosts. Poor trolls.
    Last edited by LemonDemonGirl; 2023-02-03 at 03:05 PM.
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Quote Originally Posted by LemonDemonGirl View Post
    Blizzard doesn't like to update zones, but it's probably safe to say that there ARE still a few trolls running around in those ruins, even if they're just ghosts. Poor trolls.
    Not unless they have a large, story-based reason to do so. Otherwise it's wasting time/resources, and ultimately money, on old content that doesn't get many eyeballs to justify it versus new content.

That's why we still cannot fly in Eversong Woods/Ghostlands and Azuremyst/Bloodmyst Isles. They still use the 2D trickery that was present in Vanilla WoW (the same reason why we couldn't fly on Kalimdor/EK prior to Cata as much as people begged). Flying would expose things like the central spire in Silvermoon City, where the portal is, is not an actual modeled spire. It's a cylinder with a 3D perspective texture painted on it to make it look like a spire. That's also why we still have statues of Kael'thas even though he betrayed his people by making a deal with Sargeras and attacked the city. And that the border regions between ESW and GL are base rock like all the zone borders in the rest of Kalimdor/EK.

If they have some major things that they want to set in Quel'thalas for 11.0 and beyond, they'll go back and give the zones the Cata treatment.

Honestly I'd rather the Revantusk take over Jintha'alor with the help of the Horde and have that as a playable Forest Troll capital.

Quote Originally Posted by loras View Post
    I remember that, but i got the idea that he was talking about his tribe in particular, rather than the drakkari entire.

And weren't the drakkari prrsent for Throne of thunder too?
    That would imply more than a token number survived.

Keep in mind that trolls are very stealthy, and thst even the nerubians have living, active resistance forces right in the heart of scourge territory.
    I think you're right in the sense that the Drakkari are kind of a tribe, just the largest one. Drakkari =/= Frost trolls, some frost trolls like the ones in Dun Morogh (and the ones we meet during Island Exploration ?) are not drakkari tribe but something else.

We also fight Drakkari in ToT yeah, they even bring undead ! Which is funny as it brings the question of how the scourged drakkari are perceived in the tribe.

Anyway, I don't think they are really that close to extinction. This is just some easy drama in an effort to generate gravity on the events. Senegos told us his kind couldn't even reproduce, well guess what species just got a shit ton of eggs popping up ?

Quote Originally Posted by Grazrug View Post
    That seems boring. There is no way the Wildhammer Clan can hold the zone on their own with so much Horde presence in it.
    They don't, they hold a tiny fraction to the west, the rest is neutral troll turf.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbutler View Post
    They don't, they hold a tiny fraction to the west, the rest is neutral troll turf.
    And there is that High elf lodge I think close to the dream portal.

And there is that High elf lodge I think close to the dream portal.
    Who hold just their lodge as well, dwarves ,elves and horde aligned trolls are not in control of the hinterlands. It is almost entirely neutral troll turf.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbutler View Post
    Who hold just their lodge as well, dwarves ,elves and horde aligned trolls are not in control of the hinterlands. It is almost entirely neutral troll turf.
    Rastakhan tried to unite the trolls like in the times of the Empire of Zul. Sad we can't use the caverns of time to see the past glory.

Rastakhan tried to unite the trolls like in the times of the Empire of Zul. Sad we can't use the caverns of time to see the past glory.
    The past is irreleavant, what matters is the future, which makes blizz constant status quo so jarring, a true world is always in motion, in flux.

A great way to change things up whould have been resurgent trolls, exploiting the wars between horde aand Alliance both of them exhausting themselves, the Trolls of the hinterlands unite and exploit that weakness, by wiping out the high elves, driving the survivors to Aerie peak, while driving off the Revantusk, who flee by ship to Quel'thalas making their home in Tor'watha, thus leading to direct positive interaction between forest trolls and Thallassians.

While the Wildhammers are now isolated and the sole target of the hinterland forest trolls, starting a decline of the whole clan.
    Last edited by Combatbutler; 2023-02-03 at 05:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LemonDemonGirl View Post
    "Poor trolls"? They brought that on themselves. The Gurubashi were clearly psychos who worshipped an evil death god. The Amani were bitter warmongers who threw a temper tantrum when the Blood elves joined the Horde. And the Drakkari literally betrayed and slaughtered their own Gods. They brought ruin and destruction on themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    "Poor trolls"? They brought that on themselves. The Gurubashi were clearly psychos who worshipped an evil death god. The Amani were bitter warmongers who threw a temper tantrum when the Blood elves joined the Horde. And the Drakkari literally betrayed and slaughtered their own Gods. They brought ruin and destruction on themselves.
    The Amani fought invaders who stole their lands. The Gurubashi were in decline due to infighting and sided with the Zandalari to bring at least some stability and an end to Hakkar. And the Drakkari were broken by the Scourge. All of these are outside forces. If the Horde weren't traitors who don't honor past alegiences then the Amani would still be part of it. But maybe now that Zandalar and Sandfury have sorted out their problems we can once more drive towards a united troll race.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lets see.. I think it was in the Zandalar race recruitment quests, you see a bunch of trolls from all different tribes ask for refuge in Zandalar because they don't have a safe place to live. So while the old cities may still stand, its likely inhabited by squatters of random beasts and what not. I remember there being Gurubashi, Amani, the sand trolls, and that one Ice Troll from Northrend who says his whole tribe is wiped out and he is the last.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustardisbad View Post
    Lets see.. I think it was in the Zandalar race recruitment quests, you see a bunch of trolls from all different tribes ask for refuge in Zandalar because they don't have a safe place to live. So while the old cities may still stand, its likely inhabited by squatters of random beasts and what not. I remember there being Gurubashi, Amani, the sand trolls, and that one Ice Troll from Northrend who says his whole tribe is wiped out and he is the last.
    Gurubashi still hold Zul'Gurub. Got the source from exploring Azeroth Eastern Kingdoms. Zul'Aman is a big question mark. But I doubt the Horde went in there with the intention of genocide. Afterall the Amani brought a formidable fighting force to Zuldazar in their own quarter of the city.
    Last edited by Grazrug; 2023-02-04 at 12:13 PM.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    For every troll who's mean, there's a troll who's nice. Some trolls just want to hang around and fish or hunt, while other like to sell strange objects to people. And the Drakkari in Dazar'alor is wrong, there's still others of his kinda around. They're likely just trying to get the land back from the remaining Scrouge.
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Honestly I'd rather the Revantusk take over Jintha'alor with the help of the Horde and have that as a playable Forest Troll capital.
    That would be nice, playable Forest Trolls, a thing I have been waiting for since vanilla
    Zul'Jin died for our sins.
    --
    My Loa are smiling at me infidel. can you say the same?

7+ Year Old Account
    Current blizzard probably: Whaht are those? are they in Zandalar?

Since the focus is in Dragon isles currently, no way in hell blizzard would care about those, worldbuilding is weak and the world is big and neglected.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Current blizzard probably: Whaht are those? are they in Zandalar?

Since the focus is in Dragon isles currently, no way in hell blizzard would care about those, worldbuilding is weak and the world is big and neglected.
    I wish WoW was more like Dragon Age. They have so much lore material to work with.

I wish WoW was more like Dragon Age. They have so much lore material to work with.
    Problem is, the world (wow) always move forward. They could fix the entire EK/K for 11.0 (something I would love), but a few years down the road its outdated and weird again. No matter what they do, the old stuff will always be.. old and not worthwhile focusing on. Dunno how they can fix that really.