Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Are hard to get historic mounts now trivial?

The Love Rocket just dropped for me today.

I never in 15 +/- years playing even attempted to get it. I knew it was impossible. First try today, I got it.

People who won this mount before this nerf must be really upset. I would be.

I hope this is a one off, I would actually quit the game if they did this to Invincible.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravensea View Post

I never in 15 +/- years playing even attempted to get it. I knew it was impossible. First try today, I got it.

I hope this is a one off, I would actually quit the game if they did this to Invincible.
    RNG is RNG. Congrats, you got lucky!

Invincible isn't a seasonal mount nor does it have a drop rate quite a bit lower than other mounts of it's kind.

I wouldnt say that this is one of the mounts I care about being easier to get I've had it for a long time and never used it, if to say zulian tiger was a twitch drop or invincible then yeah I would be fuming, we will just have to wait and see what blizzard are up to with these changes.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    They became trivial the moment you could buy them from someone online. They were even more trivial when they appeared on the BMAH. They were even more trivial when you could buy gold from Blizzard. The only time they weren't trivial was when they were first introduced.

I don't know what the deal is with such low drop rates anyway. I have 740 mounts now and 2-3% dropchance feels okay. 0.something does not, more like sparetime work.
    Also: at this point a new toy, mount, pet is just +1 , really. Game needs a fresh start.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    They became trivial the moment you could buy them from someone online. They were even more trivial when they appeared on the BMAH. They were even more trivial when you could buy gold from Blizzard. The only time they weren't trivial was when they were first introduced.
    Even back then they were trivial.

Mounts that are only hard to get because they have a low droprate are inherently trivial.

Raid mounts are only non-trivial for their respective expansions.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    Even back then they were trivial.

Mounts that are only hard to get because they have a low droprate are inherently trivial.

Raid mounts are only non-trivial for their respective expansions.
    Hell, even then it's not that crazy. An example I'd use is the Heroic BfA mount. I was pugging Normal Hellfire Citadel back then and randomly got invited on a Moose run by one of my guildies, since a spot opened up. I accepted and when I ported in, after shooting the boss, I was told to go run into the lava and just die and not release, which my guildie did too. I think there were three of us just sitting there dead and we all got the mount without trying, respective expansion and all. Seems pretty trivial to me!

The drop rate for Love Rocket is now comparable to Invincible. You actually got super lucky still. It was an order of magnitude rarer beforehand.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    Hell, even then it's not that crazy. An example I'd use is the Heroic BfA mount. I was pugging Normal Hellfire Citadel back then and randomly got invited on a Moose run by one of my guildies, since a spot opened up. I accepted and when I ported in, after shooting the boss, I was told to go run into the lava and just die and not release, which my guildie did too. I think there were three of us just sitting there dead and we all got the mount without trying, respective expansion and all. Seems pretty trivial to me!
    I mean, that's an AOTC mount, they are not that hard to get. I am talking about Mythic boss mounts like the Jaina Mount or the Jailer Mount.

And yeah, sure, you can just buy a boost, but I wouldn't consider 5 Mil "trivial".

Blizzard should just tell drop rates openly on things.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

10+ Year Old Account

No, they are not trivial, RNG is RNG, you were lucky.

I've farmed the Rocket since day one of its appearance, but nothing. I'm still farming Invincible with 5-7 characters a week, nothing. Took me 10 years to get the Headless Horseman mount.

You just were lucky due to the increased bonus of the RNG from the first kill of the day.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I hope this is a one off
    I don't! More like this, please!!!

I would actually quit the game if they did this to Invincible.
    Why? Why does it matter to you what I ride?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Throwme View Post
    I don't! More like this, please!!!

Why? Why does it matter to you what I ride?
    Because they aren't having fun if it isn't somehow at your expense.

why do you (or anyone) care that something that has been in game for YEARS is a bit easier to get ....
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    why do you (or anyone) care that something that has been in game for YEARS is a bit easier to get ....
    They get some kind of weird sense of "accomplishment" from being "one of the only players" to have X.

Really weird imo.

IT would be one thing if it were a skill based earned item. Glad mounts, M+ mounts, etc. Those have at least some level of prestige to them. Invincible? Congrats, you wasted an hour of your life per raid entry farming ICC for years.

7+ Year Old Account

Welcome to RNG.
    And no, people just want the mount, they don't care, it is why it was nerfed in the first place, people WANTED it to be eaiser, when something is RNG, no one cares about the "prestiege" of it, because there is no prestiege. It is random.

Some people will farm millions of times for nothing, some will do it once and get it, as you did, even pre-nerf.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

If that's the line for you then better quit now. But we both know you won't.

Today I won the lottery.

I've never played the lottery in the past but now that I have $420,690,000, I now consider all money meaningless.

Anybody else feel this way?

They have always been trivial. It is a mount in a game that does nothing special. They don't go faster or do anything better. It is a cosmetic thing and anybody that has played for more than a year or two has hundreds of mounts. This change is purely to save people from themselves. I know several people that have tried with a rotation of 10+ characters each day during this event going back to BC and nothing. So for their sanity they threw them a bone. Now maybe of if I was one of those people that finally got it last year and this change went live for the next event I'd be annoyed, but who cares what nonsense skins some stranger has.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."